What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Today, a report came out to the American Congress that said that America wants to obtain an Egyptian pledge to cancel Egypt's purchases of Russian weapons, meaning the Su-35SE deal in exchange for American alternatives such as the F-15 strike and the development of the F-16 fleet..

Kos om America wel khalefooha
We aren’t looking forward for F-15Es, we are looking forward for an unrestricted sale of weapons for Egypt’s desires by the US, and their change of views on the military balance in the region from a lesser well equipped, large ground force Egypt to a NATO level equipped Egypt.
Meaning
- The sale of JHMCS, JDAMs, AIM-120C7, AIM-9X in excess.
- A planned replacement for most of the current Egyptian F-16 fleet on a 1 for 1 basis by delivering at least 200 F-16Vs around the year 2030.
- The freedom to develop and experiment local modifications and systems, meaning the supply of “Plug & Play computers” for Egyptian F-16s and any potential F-15s.
- The providence of M1A2 upgrade kits for Egypt’s Armoured Corps.
- Should they be all hair-pulling regarding Egypt’s requests of F-35 sales, they should at least demonstrate a minimum commitment to a close gap between Egypt and any other military in the region by selling AESA radars for Egyptian Fighters and Air Defence systems.

If the Americans are not accepting these terms then there is no point to go forward with their intentions regarding a Middle Eastern Military Alliance. Rather stamp their heads with “Israel-guided drones” and land in Rome, Paris, Berlin or Beijing. Be sure to start replacing the F-16 fleet with J10s and have the M1A1s as rapid deployment tanks, battlefield reserves as you introduce some 1000 K2 Black Panthers to the Egyptian Army. Replace Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates, purchase 4-6 more submarines, invest in local missiles in an orderly fashion and sit by the Red Sea wearing sunglasses.

For me, it is either our Air Force is interesting in HAL Tejas witha big % of ToT or either a try from India so they can marketize to the world.

What do you suppose he's referring to in the first minute of the video from 0:54 - 0:59 about a new joint fighter jet development with France, China and Russia? This is the first I've heard of that!

Kos om America wel khalefooha

Hahahaha. The way the US has been very generous with Egypt in the past 40 years with all the military aid, it's still very frustrating with the denial of the high-end jets and weapons systems which must really anger the living hell out of Egyptian officials. If we get so pissed off like this, I can only imagine what the Egyptian military feels.

On the other hand, it only means that Egypt is negotiating very strongly with the US, if now they've decided to include an F-16 upgrade? Before it was a "take it or leave it" for 24 rough-sawn F-15s with old EW system and no AMRAAMs.

I hope the EAF keeps the pressure on them and definitely no Strike Eagle whatsoever! Only the EX will do and with the AESA radar, the recent EW suite AND AIM-120C-7 for both types of fighters. Oh, and no blocking of the meteor whatsoever! In fact, the US needs to push the EURO co.s to supply it to the EAF! Tell Israel to go to hell, no more of their scaredy-cat crybaby BS crap.

Nir-Or-SAVS725.jpg

From the beginning, we reject American offers in favor of programs
F-15 aircraft supply
F-16 . development programs
Even the program to upgrade the M1A1 tank to the level of the M1A2 is unacceptable. Germany's KF-51 tank made the local development of a new turret for Abrams tanks better for Egypt than any American offer that will be with outdated technologies

The same thing the Germans have offers with better engines for the M113 armored vehicles, so why did he turn to American development programs with lower specifications than what is available internationally

The CH-47F deal is acceptable because the alternative is limited worldwide

e7447a89577ce736be7f3890694b7dc7o.jpg

While, for example, the C-130J deal, we prefer the KC-390 planes, especially the Brazilian offers to Egypt, whether technical specifications, price, or technical transfer are more than excellent, so why go for an outdated plane like the C-130J at a very high price, even if most of the price is paid from US aid

American pressure on Egypt in the SU-35 deal led to the fact that the Russians integrated the N036 radar on it, and there were problems with the mission computer of the SU-35. Are we naive to fall under the control of the Americans again?
4221d3e19745d07c107476296b2935941.jpg

Deals for the Eurofighter Typhoon and RAFALE 4.1/4.2 to replace the F-16 rather than the limited development F-16V
The F-16 is a plane from the past that is no longer suitable for future battles, so any buyer of it will have a waist. This reminds us of 1982 when some countries bought the F-5E/F at the time of the availability of the F-16/MIRAGE-2000.

file6zv6dc37xy9rr3sg2t51532093.jpg

The cost of developing the F-16 fleet for 160 aircraft will not be less than 4000 million dollars, without calculating the cost of American munitions
The J-10C is $45 million, and the MIG-35 at the same price is completely new and does not extend the life of the F-16 by another 20 years. A mixture of it with more advanced fighters such as the Rafale and Eurofighter Typhoon is better than the F-16V that only the humble and miserable air force is trying to buy at the moment.
aw-embraer_stout_00111.jpg

STOUT light military transport aircraft and KC-390 assemble in one production line in Egypt attractive offer

Egypt was asking to develop the F-16 at a low price of about 10 million dollars. The APG-83 radar was priced at 2.5-3.5 million dollars
At the same price that USMC 1, US Air Force ordered
DiUaM6KWkAYs3pS.jpg

The Americans are missing the reality of things. Egypt’s line since 2003 is to get rid of the restrictions on American armaments, it provided funding and waited for the opportunity. And in the years 2012, implementation really started, and 2013 was the year that any American restrictions were disregarded. Exactly and the fate of the old F-16 fighters determines what Egypt requested from America
America, if Egypt does not agree, Egypt has many other options

J-10C_WS-10B1.jpg

What do you suppose he's referring to in the first minute of the video from 0:54 - 0:59 about a new joint fighter jet development with France, China and Russia? This is the first I've heard of that!

Hahahaha. The way the US has been very generous with Egypt in the past 40 years with all the military aid, it's still very frustrating with the denial of the high-end jets and weapons systems which must really anger the living hell out of Egyptian officials. If we get so pissed off like this, I can only imagine what the Egyptian military feels.

On the other hand, it only means that Egypt is negotiating very strongly with the US, if now they've decided to include an F-16 upgrade? Before it was a "take it or leave it" for 24 rough-sawn F-15s with old EW system and no AMRAAMs.

I hope the EAF keeps the pressure on them and definitely no Strike Eagle whatsoever! Only the EX will do and with the AESA radar, the recent EW suite AND AIM-120C-7 for both types of fighters. Oh, and no blocking of the meteor whatsoever! In fact, the US needs to push the EURO co.s to supply it to the EAF! Tell Israel to go to hell, no more of their scaredy-cat crybaby BS crap.
too ambitous not happening

I hope there's some kind of truth to it, if just for his sake and the reputation of his videos.
wait no i was not refering to the video i was refering to the american contracts. About the video he was suggesting not saying info

Some on Twitter think Egypt lost a Rafale recently, while actually they rely on the confirmed F-16 loss by the canal around a week ago. This is of course pushed forward by the immature Arab sources who initially stated it was likely a Rafale to have been lost. The lack of attention to detail of how only F-16s operate from bases west of Cairo, along the Suez Canal and in the Sinai has made such an idiotic claim to stand out till now, and for us (Egyptians), the lack of attention to detail has meant we cannot instantly refute such claims.

Blessed be the lack of PR on our side: :nana:

Some on Twitter think Egypt lost a Rafale recently, while actually they rely on the confirmed F-16 loss by the canal around a week ago. This is of course pushed forward by the immature Arab sources who initially stated it was likely a Rafale to have been lost. The lack of attention to detail of how only F-16s operate from bases west of Cairo, along the Suez Canal and in the Sinai has made such an idiotic claim to stand out till now, and for us (Egyptians), the lack of attention to detail has meant we cannot instantly refute such claims.

its all coming from people in the gulf. Let them whine about it they know exactly what is it

The fact is we didnt lose a single rafale to date

Last edited:

That's exactly right! I've been screaming about this stupid hush-hush method of theirs for 25 years and how ridiculous it is and that it does them no favors at all except fuel the haters to make things out to suit their agenda.

Whether it was an F-16 or a Rafale or a MiG-29M/M2 or whatever, it's still a terrible loss but these things happen to every single airforce and especially to ones that train and fly A LOT like the EAF has been doing for the last 10 years.

Not only that, but the military might think they don't owe anyone an explanation!? That's the biggest load of rubbish because not only are we entitled to know exactly what it was, but why it happened simply by being EGY citizens. Much of their motus operandi is stuck in the Nasser & Sadat & Mubarak backward times.

The fact is we didnt lose a single rafale to date

Sorry, Hydro, that's actually not true. Please go back and check out the PDF link straight from Dassault Corporation that I posted for @The SC about the next order of Rafales. It specifically states 30 + 1 which that additional "avion" is the replacement for the one that crashed. There really is no shame in it.

Isn't it a shame that we find out about our air force from a foreign country than our own? 7aga weskha awi!

Last edited:
Sorry, Hydro, that's actually not true. Please go back and check out the PDF link straight from Dassault Corporation that I posted for @The SC about the next order of Rafales. It specifically states 30 + 1 which that additional "avion" is the replacement for the one that crashed. There really is no shame in it.

Isn't it a shame that we find out about our air force from a foreign country than our own? 7aga weskha awi!
why didnt they announce it? And where is that link

why didnt they announce it? And where is that link

Probably because they don't want the embarrassment which is why I keep saying there is no shame in it. According to the other member, they did announce it, though, but I never saw that. All I saw was rumors that it was a Rafale pilot in a K8 that crashed. But nothing from MoD as far as I know.

Post 10,789 a few pages back. Here'is again: https://www.dassault-aviation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2022/03/DA_RFA_abrege_2021_FR_def.pdf

La part Défense Export s’élève à 6 173 millions d’euros en 2021 contre 224 millions d’euros en 2020. Nous avons enregistré les commandes pour l’Égypte de 30 Rafale + 1 avion supplémentaire qui complètent la commande initiale de 2015, pour la Grèce de 6 Rafale neufs et 12 Rafale d’occasion (rachetés auprès de l’Armée de l’Air et de l’Espace française) et d’un contrat de soutien de la Croatie suite à son acquisition de 12 Rafale d’occasion directement auprès de la France.

Notice it says "completes the command of 2015." All the first batch was delivered, hence this is the replacement. And it's perfectly fine. It's actually great they're replacing it so they don't lose any quantity out of the eventual 54.

Last edited:
Probably because they don't want the embarrassment which is why I keep saying there is no shame in it. According to the other member, they did announce it, though, but I never saw that. All I saw was rumors that it was a Rafale pilot in a K8 that crashed. But nothing from MoD as far as I know.

Post 10,789 a few pages back. Here'is again: https://www.dassault-aviation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2022/03/DA_RFA_abrege_2021_FR_def.pdf

La part Défense Export s’élève à 6 173 millions d’euros en 2021 contre 224 millions d’euros en 2020. Nous avons enregistré les commandes pour l’Égypte de 30 Rafale + 1 avion supplémentaire qui complètent la commande initiale de 2015, pour la Grèce de 6 Rafale neufs et 12 Rafale d’occasion (rachetés auprès de l’Armée de l’Air et de l’Espace française) et d’un contrat de soutien de la Croatie suite à son acquisition de 12 Rafale d’occasion directement auprès de la France.

Notice it says "competes the command of 2015." All the first batch was delivered, hence this is the replacement. And it's perfectly fine. It's actually great they're replacing it so they don't lose any quantity out of the eventual 54.
theres no shame they published the mig 29 and f16s
the EAf has one of the lowest crashes per unit time in the world
So "embarrasment" doesnt really convince me
And would they hide that a pilot died or not?

Notice it says "competes the command of 2015." All the first batch was delivered, hence this is the replacement. And it's perfectly fine. It's actually great they're replacing it so they don't lose any quantity out of the eventual 54.
It says completes the deal and not competes. I guess we will never know the truth hahahaha

It says completes the deal and not competes. I guess we will never know the truth hahahaha

Most people usually realize something like that was a just a typo.

And what do you mean we will never know? If that doesn't tell you that one of the Rafales is being replaced because one was lost, then I don' t know what else will.

theres no shame they published the mig 29 and f16s

I barely remember the first MiG crash was announced and they said it was due to a technical failure, and I don't even think it was an official statement IIRC, but a news release.

Think about it for a minute; if they made the proper effort and put out official releases with those important details, then there wouldn't be any doubt and all sorts of criticism and fake crap and fake news. The fact that everyone and their sisters are second-guessing the EAF (which is absurd beyond belief) is proof positive that they don't publish jack squat and play that ridiculously useless hush hush game like there is some phantom benefit to it.

the EAf has one of the lowest crashes per unit time in the world
So "embarrasment" doesnt really convince me

That's right, like I said it's no shame especially when they train and fly a lot, of course the percentages of failure increases.

So what's their problem? Why did they just say "a fighter jet has crashed" only for this recent one last week instead of saying an F-16 crashed? Why the lack of important details like that? I bet you if it wasn't on twitter and people posting videos of it etc., they wouldn't have said anything as usual.

It's absurd that they need to withhold relevant details like that because what possible benefit could it ever bring except negative reactions from everyone? It's ridiculous.

And would they hide that a pilot died or not?

I don't know. You tell me.

There was mention of a pilot's name but then the K8 rumors came out and people who were supporting that theory also said that it was a 2 seater and so why was there only 1 pilot when there should've been 2 ahahaha. How many times have we seen EAF Rafales flying with a single pilot and an empty rear seat?

Oh look! lol
1656692833981.png

Again, proof they don't publish jack squat.

Back
Top Bottom