What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

In combat sometimes a 30mm or other similarly sized cannon is insufficient hence the need for larger sized cannons to take care of bunkers, houses, and other fortifications.

The Sinai-200 could use a 90mm cannon quite easily as the M113 which is much weaker can use one as well.

This is why many wheeled vehicles have 105 or 120mm guns, they aren’t meant to go directly against tanks but to act as support vehicles with heavier firepower.
oh no i didnt mean going head to head with tanks. i meant being that annoying little rat using flanking fire and much more effective in urban combat than tanks. If they can also make it air drop cabable then it would be perfect for mass air drops behind enemy lines which i really hope they do with an entirely new 105mm wheeled veichle

weird

Last edited:
Honestly I hated it when they called her "SENA". We all know that سيناء = Sinai and not SENA hahaha.

That's actually not right. The only thing that's missing in SENA is the ء at the end, to which there is no letter in the English alphabet to substitute for. That's why we use the 2 to make up for that and they're certainly not going to call it the SINA2 lol.

And the other problem with SINAI is that both I ' s in that word are pronounced the same way as in "Ireland" which is totally incorrect. That's why they got it right when they called it SENA. Problem is, most everyone since maps were created have called the peninsula Sinai and have gotten used to that. But it's one of those things that has always been incorrect until this new IFV hahaha.

Also why do we feel the need to constantly compete and design things according to what Israel has? Man, screw Israel 10 x over our needs are much different than theirs and who the heck are they to set some standard?! I could never understand that.

Also why do we feel the need to constantly compete and design things according to what Israel has? Man, screw Israel 10 x over our needs are much different than theirs and who the heck are they to set some standard?! I could never understand that.
I am not comparing that's why I put other types of IFVs.

Do think the NUT drone could be a UCAV with light munitions and as a recon platform especially with SATCOM.

1655505155589.jpeg

It needs good electro optics though for sure.

Last edited:
I am not comparing that's why I put other types of IFVs.

My bad. :-) I meant it in general, I think we all have a tendency to do that unconsciously.

BTW, what do you think of this monstrosity? Grenade rifle, not launcher! By Rheinmetall.
The size of the magazine loool.

1655506087123.png

Would love to see a second and even better version of the SENA 200 after the first model goes into production. Personally I think the short barrel 55mm gun originally used on the bmp 1 should be salvaged and refurbished to be converted into an automatic turret system with 3rd gen thermals. That way a separate compartment is used for infantry while you have more firepower, not to mention the protection it would give to the personnel in the vehicle. An automated 55mm turret system sounds nice. Also allows egypt to recycle its older equipment and make more use of them until more modern stuff is ready. Plus these surplus equipment is laying around in egypt just waiting to be used, so no shortage for some time. Those greek bmps that were donated? Yea you know where I'm going with this. Just a thought but I think it has alot of supply, logistics, and lasting advantages.

Ah, yes, better known as grenade launcher! :D BTW, ever handle one of those? Wow, they are ridiculously heavy. A lot of steel in that coil and gets even heavier when fully loaded. I bet that rifle is much lighter.
3 pounds lighter unloaded which is a good amount but nothing gamechanging.

oh no i didnt mean going head to head with tanks. i meant being that annoying little rat using flanking fire and much more effective in urban combat than tanks. If they can also make it air drop cabable then it would be perfect for mass air drops behind enemy lines which i really hope they do with an entirely new 105mm wheeled veichle

weird

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom