What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Last edited:
??? mesh fahem

1655475902343.png

Hey @Ghostkiller @Gomig-21 @The SC

Came across this article that confirms the Sinai-200 is using a 30mm turret in a IFV configuration already.

Protection is also against 14mm AP shells all around.

Basically confirms Egypt has a viable indigenous IFV that is superior to the BMP-1 and -2.

“Another one at the company being fitted as combat support vehicle and equipped with a one-man turret armed with 30 mm cannon, on which the company representative didn’t elaborate, adding however tht in this configuration the SENA 200 would host the driver, the commander in the turret, and two dismounts.”

Egypt produces boattail extended range ammo for 155mm cannons

“Design & manufacturing of extended range hollow based 155mm artillery projectile mostly well be at the 30s Kms range for M109 howitzer using base bleed, boat tail”

1655488282161.png

Hey @Ghostkiller @Gomig-21 @The SC

Came across this article that confirms the Sinai-200 is using a 30mm turret in a IFV configuration already.

Protection is also against 14mm AP shells all around.

Basically confirms Egypt has a viable indigenous IFV that is superior to the BMP-1 and -2.

That's pretty rad! Some great specs on that thing including a much better upgrade in armor than the original BMP-1. The inside is pretty lush, too.

1655488519798.png

1655488547367.png

1655488595593.png

The anti RPG netting which they didn't exhibit at this show along with individual firing ports & blast absorbing seats and under- belly mine protection and the best part is it's going into production. Hopefully they'll have a lot of export customers after they fulfill the army's requirement, especially now with the RCWS on the turret.

BTW, as you probably well know, the correct spelling for it is in fact the way they have it written. SENA is much more accurate to the Arabic word for what every one knows as 'Sinai', although the e could be interchangeable with the i, it's still closer to the real thing. They even got that part right. Glad they didn't call it the "Sinai." Good sign of many more things to come ISA.

1655489217086.png

1655489320809.png

Blue Man Group lol.

1655489267909.png

That's pretty rad! Some great specs on that thing including a much better upgrade in armor than the original BMP-1. The inside is pretty lush, too.

View attachment 854662

View attachment 854663

View attachment 854664

The anti RPG netting which they didn't exhibit at this show along with individual firing ports & blast absorbing seats and under- belly mine protection and the best part is it's going into production. Hopefully they'll have a lot of export customers after they fulfill the army's requirement, especially now with the RCWS on the turret.

BTW, as you probably well know, the correct spelling for it is in fact the way they have it written. SENA is much more accurate to the Arabic word for what every one knows as 'Sinai', although the e could be interchangeable with the i, it's still closer to the real thing. They even got that part right. Glad they didn't call it the "Sinai." Good sign of many more things to come ISA.

View attachment 854665

View attachment 854668

Blue Man Group lol.

View attachment 854666
Honestly I hated it when they called her "SENA". We all know that سيناء = Sinai and not SENA hahaha. I hope they will design a new IFV which will be larger in size like Namer (Israel) Puma (Germany) VCR Dragon (Spain). My problem is that BMP series and SINA-200 are small in height so it is uncomfortable for tall people.

Honestly I hated it when they called her "SENA". We all know that سيناء = Sinai and not SENA hahaha. I hope they will design a new IFV which will be larger in size like Namer (Israel) Puma (Germany) VCR Dragon (Spain). My problem is that BMP series and SINA-200 are small in height so it is uncomfortable for tall people.
wdym? An open flat desert favours low profile veichles like the bmp the same reason an anti tank version of the fahd got rejected because of its height. And if you look closely back of IFV was designed to have better comfort than of a bmp 2 or 3 but less of a bradely. Still not enouhj in my opnion they should atleast raise the seat a little bit

wdym? An open flat desert favours low profile veichles like the bmp the same reason an anti tank version of the fahd got rejected because of its height. And if you look closely back of IFV was designed to have better comfort than of a bmp 2 or 3 but less of a bradely. Still not enouhj in my opnion they should atleast raise the seat a little bit
You are true.

Would a 90 or 105m work on the Sinai-200?

Would be a good amphibious or airborne tank.

1655501848924.jpeg

Indians used 105mm on their BMP to fulfill role of light tank

1655501945513.png

Last edited:
Would a 90 or 105m work on the Sinai-200?

View attachment 854748

Indians used 105mm on their BMP to fulfill role of light tank

View attachment 854749
eh might as well turn up its armour and turn into a tank. maybe a wheeled version or an entirely new wheeled veichle would be better to carry that canon for faster movment and hit and run warfare

actually a hybrid like that would be tank support. Hit and run is reserved for the mighty toyotas with modified konkurs

actually a hybrid like that would be tank support. Hit and run is reserved for the mighty toyotas with modified konkurs
In combat sometimes a 30mm or other similarly sized cannon is insufficient hence the need for larger sized cannons to take care of bunkers, houses, and other fortifications.

The Sinai-200 could use a 90mm cannon quite easily as the M113 which is much lighter and with a weaker engine can use one as well.

This is why many wheeled vehicles have 105 or 120mm guns, they aren’t meant to go directly against tanks but to act as support vehicles with heavier firepower.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom