What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Egypt's foreign minister said CAATSA or not ..it is a sovereign decision based on national security..
Therefore, if America wanted to punish Egypt, the aid would have been $1.4 billion, of which only 130 million was cut. It could have been stopped permanently, and it would have not allowed the release of armaments or the development of the Apache, which is now underway, version E, or a deal looming on the horizon regarding the Falcon, new development and purchase, and what America offered Egypt new armament, and all of this was stopped, knowing that the Sukhoi’s receipt of Egypt had already taken place.
120-550-65416541 (1).jpg

Therefore, if America wanted to punish Egypt, the aid would have been $1.4 billion, of which only 130 million was cut. It could have been stopped permanently, and it would have not allowed the release of armaments or the development of the Apache, which is now underway, version E, or a deal looming on the horizon regarding the Falcon, new development and purchase, and what America offered Egypt new armament, and all of this was stopped, knowing that the Sukhoi’s receipt of Egypt had already taken place.View attachment 779752
Understanding the Egyptian Military’s Perspective on the Su-35 Deal

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org...ing-egyptian-militarys-perspective-su-35-deal

The deal of the century between Egypt and Italy.. the parts executed up till now..

China signed for SU-35 in 2015 and received 4 in 2016 and 10 more in 2017 and still 10 more in 2018.. and don't forget that China operates the SU-27 since the 90's....China was sanctioned about the SU-35 and S-400 by the US it in 2017..

China can certainly absorb whatever sanctions are put on it from the US. It can even turn around and sanction the US with it's tremendous worldwide economic clout, not to mention how much the US imports from China and the ginormous trades between the two countries. Let's be honest, as strong-minded as Egypt has been, it really can't afford too much of an economic war with the US. Neither does the US want to anger Egypt as we well know since it would much rather have Egypt as a content partner in the ME. So it's a bit complicated.

I also think that the Trump administration and Pompeo (whom the latter was the one who brought up the issue of the Su-35s and offered the F-15 in return) were much more pragmatic towards Egypt than this Biden administration which made it clear during the presidential campaign and before even being elected that there would be "no more favors for Trump's favorite dictator."

Aside from the disgusting insult that was, it's very clear as to the Biden admin.'s view towards Egypt and its military relationship with the US. I think the Trump admin would've been much more easy going and give in a little easier than this current one.

If the CAATSA law is applicable to Egypt, why is the deal being produced so far? It was a fortiori to stop the deal, as happened with Indonesia, and it canceled its deal.

Ma3lesh what does "fortiori mean? I can tell you that they could've easily told Egypt to end it and they would keep it out of the news. We haven't even seen any more pics out of Russia like we were seeing before. Remember we saw the satellite pic of 11 or 12 fighters in Russia ready for delivery? Assuming 5 were already delivered the Egypt that makes 17 at the most. So where are pics of the remaining 13 in Russia still? Something is not right.

Therefore, if America wanted to punish Egypt, the aid would have been $1.4 billion, of which only 130 million was cut. It could have been stopped permanently, and it would have not allowed the release of armaments or the development of the Apache, which is now underway, version E, or a deal looming on the horizon regarding the Falcon, new development and purchase, and what America offered Egypt new armament, and all of this was stopped, knowing that the Sukhoi’s receipt of Egypt had already taken place.View attachment 779752

The aid is not tied to these purchases. The partial aid stoppage was due to human rights activities. The Democrats are well known to play the human rights card and favor the good treatment of the MB. So the Su-35 and CAATSA would be via economic sanctions or separate deals with the US, not the military aid.

The deal of the century between Egypt and Italy.. the parts executed up till now..

This fella did an excellent video about the possible co-production of South Korean military equipment in Egypt that you posted in the SK/Egypt thread and that was where he made it abundantly clear that the KAI KF-21 Bormae has an Israeli radar and the entire avionics package was also full of Israeli crap. But @Indos doesn't think so and says differently, while Wiki mentions there is a lot of Israeli influence in the radar and avionics. I think I'll take Indos' word since Indonesia is 20% stake in that aircraft and probably has better first hand knowledge.

Either way, I don't think that jet is suited for Egypt which is why the Su-35s are so important. They open the door for the superb Su-57 which will work very well for Egypt.

Although, this is one of my pet peeves about the entire Flanker line that they've been also inundated with Israeli CRAP. The Algerians had their first batch of Su-30MKAs and after a few years of operating them and ready to perform an overhaul, they opened the spine and cockpit guts only to find the star of David stamped on half the crap lmao! How they didn't know this before hand is just as surprising. This, I guarantee, would never happen to anything purchased by the EGY military.

China can certainly absorb whatever sanctions are put on it from the US. It can even turn around and sanction the US with it's tremendous worldwide economic clout, not to mention how much the US imports from China and the ginormous trades between the two countries. Let's be honest, as strong-minded as Egypt has been, it really can't afford too much of an economic war with the US. Neither does the US want to anger Egypt as we well know since it would much rather have Egypt as a content partner in the ME. So it's a bit complicated.

I also think that the Trump administration and Pompeo (whom the latter was the one who brought up the issue of the Su-35s and offered the F-15 in return) were much more pragmatic towards Egypt than this Biden administration which made it clear during the presidential campaign and before even being elected that there would be "no more favors for Trump's favorite dictator."

Aside from the disgusting insult that was, it's very clear as to the Biden admin.'s view towards Egypt and its military relationship with the US. I think the Trump admin would've been much more easy going and give in a little easier than this current one.

Ma3lesh what does "fortiori mean? I can tell you that they could've easily told Egypt to end it and they would keep it out of the news. We haven't even seen any more pics out of Russia like we were seeing before. Remember we saw the satellite pic of 11 or 12 fighters in Russia ready for delivery? Assuming 5 were already delivered the Egypt that makes 17 at the most. So where are pics of the remaining 13 in Russia still? Something is not right.

The aid is not tied to these purchases. The partial aid stoppage was due to human rights activities. The Democrats are well known to play the human rights card and favor the good treatment of the MB. So the Su-35 and CAATSA would be via economic sanctions or separate deals with the US, not the military aid.

This fella did an excellent video about the possible co-production of South Korean military equipment in Egypt that you posted in the SK/Egypt thread and that was where he made it abundantly clear that the KAI KF-21 Bormae has an Israeli radar and the entire avionics package was also full of Israeli crap. But @Indos doesn't think so and says differently, while Wiki mentions there is a lot of Israeli influence in the radar and avionics. I think I'll take Indos' word since Indonesia is 20% stake in that aircraft and probably has better first hand knowledge.

Either way, I don't think that jet is suited for Egypt which is why the Su-35s are so important. They open the door for the superb Su-57 which will work very well for Egypt.

Although, this is one of my pet peeves about the entire Flanker line that they've been also inundated with Israeli CRAP. The Algerians had their first batch of Su-30MKAs and after a few years of operating them and ready to perform an overhaul, they opened the spine and cockpit guts only to find the star of David stamped on half the crap lmao! How they didn't know this before hand is just as surprising. This, I guarantee, would never happen to anything purchased by the EGY military.

If any one wants to get good information about KF 21, they can just read my thread, and personally I know some Indonesian KFX/IFX engineers, both very senior and junior level

Despite huge numbers in both quality and quantity. The Egyptians are still so afraid of us haha😂😂😂
technically without US support if your neighbors decided to really turn it on
short of using nuclear, Israel has no chance of survival...
So in some ways I respect what you have done with your country, I really do
but I wont overplay it and say Israel is a nation of Giga Chads...

Last edited:
Tactical report said two MIG-35 deals were signed with two nations and a third is pending because the third nation wants to know more about the fighter plane.. it also said that the AESA radar is operational on it..

mig-35_01-op-1170x610.jpg
Thats most definitely egypt, they always talk about acquiring an aesa capable aircraft, and since they have a big supply if migs, would be too good of an opportunity to miss out.

Thats most definitely egypt, they always talk about acquiring an aesa capable aircraft, and since they have a big supply if migs, would be too good of an opportunity to miss out.
It is very possible.. since Russia has decided officially to cover all its export deals in secrecy..
Egypt has promised to buy more Mig-35s if it was armed with the R-77-1..

It is very possible.. since Russia has decided officially to cover all its export deals in secrecy..
Egypt has promised to buy more Mig-35s if it was armed with the R-77-1..
I seriously don't know why migs get such a terrible rep. Those were the older mig 29s when the soviet union was on its last pillar, thats literaly like calling f 16s without or even with early amraams trash. Little seem to care about migs nowadays, egypt should definetly take advantage of this and buy up to 200 if you ask me. Than should purchase the license and rights to build the mig 35 locally, this would give serious capabilities and MUCH needed experience on how to manufacture fighterjets. After all its 4++ gen with all the good stuff. Not a heavy class fighter like su 35, but its a start, and a medium class fighter. If you ask me, replace the entire f16 fleet with mig 35s and be done with all the troubles that came with it. F16 will always have a special place in my heart, but what good is a gun with no trigger? No amraam means no good

Asalaam people, I have been following this thread for a long time before finally deciding to chime in, couldnt keep the excitement in for so long, so ill be joining this thread of El om al Dunya misr!

Welcome ya Basha. Good to have you and it's about time ma man!
What state are you in? I'm in MA are you anywhere near?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom