What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@ARCH٤R
He has given me more information and told me that the development of the terminator is complete since last august and there is work towards developing the components in country to replace foreign components from Ukraine. The capacity is apparently 2500 units a year but penetration is only 550 mm of RHA after ERA.

Here is the turret pictures he linked to me that can be options for the Egyptian armored vehicles.

1600542214812.png

He also told me of some new type of rocket grenade launcher that is better than the current system produced in Jordanien. He said that the exhibition in Jordanien is cancelled so they cannot present the new system until 2022 so they may present it in Egypt this year.

That doesn’t look fun sized...
8D7321A6-E0A5-4FF7-8100-65C46390A601.png
Haha, I have seen this before. It was used by this old German hunter on his Haenel rifle at night. He bought it for 800 euros from a military friend who didnt need it. I think Egypt may be able to produce it.

It was quite heavy at 3 or 4 pounds and quite bulky but from what he said held zero well and was very rugged.

1600543019600.png

@ARCH٤R
He has given me more information and told me that the development of the terminator is complete since last august and there is work towards developing the components in country to replace foreign components from Ukraine. The capacity is apparently 2500 units a year but penetration is only 550 mm of RHA after ERA.

Here is the turret pictures he linked to me that can be options for the Egyptian armored vehicles.

View attachment 671487

He also told me of some new type of rocket grenade launcher that is better than the current system produced in Jordanien. He said that the exhibition in Jordanien is cancelled so they cannot present the new system until 2022 so they may present it in Egypt this year.
They seem a good choice to equip our ST-100s until the Chinese ATGM replace them. A scenario like an offensive on Jufra would be countered well by ST-100s w/ ATGMs and infrared sights that would ‘hunt’ GNA Toyotas and even Turkish M60 tanks in certain occasions.

Attachments

• A26FEE4B-4433-43F6-871E-D50F952DE6E8.jpeg
    A26FEE4B-4433-43F6-871E-D50F952DE6E8.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 28
They seem a good choice to equip our ST-100s until the Chinese ATGM replace them. A scenario like an offensive on Jufra would be countered well by ST-100s w/ ATGMs and infrared sights that would ‘hunt’ GNA Toyotas and even Turkish M60 tanks in certain occasions.
I think Egypt could integrate is own optics as well and looking at the website the thermals on the quad missile launcher has a range of 3500 meter detection of vehicle with thermals. The missile itself has 2.5km range.

Will penetrate M60 and Leopard 1 quite easily. They dont have ERA which means it will penetrate probably 650mm with both warheads.

1600548454093.png

Last edited:
Will penetrate M60 and Leopard 1 quite easily. They dont have ERA which means it will penetrate probably 650mm with both warheads.
Not sure about the Turkish SABRA but would at least do damage that’s for sure.
I think Egypt could integrate is own optics as well and looking at the website the thermals on the quad missile launcher has a range of 3500 meter detection of vehicle with thermals. The missile itself has 2.5km range.
Indeed but I’m sure they don’t bother giving it all they have, this has been the case for years. They idea of countering tanks and Militias with high tech armored vehicles with superior missiles and tech hit me recently, I find it logical and efficient since ST-100s seem better for urban battlefields and with good performance in sandy deserts and easy maintenance.

View attachment 671497

I like to add:

Modern ERA is effective against tandem warheads. Missile would be effective if launched simultaneously at target.

So, I have a thought that is rather challenging to say the least and could be rather controversial but is especially instigating in a very strong way and I'm not even sure that Russia would be ok with it anyway, but perhaps a deal with it could be struck to allow it to happen. Although I'm not sure if it can be done in the first place without the source codes and ability to reprogram the computer and fire control system in the F-16s that the US is the only one that has the ability to do so and that is......try installing the R-77-1 onto the fleet of F-16, why not try?

I think Egypt will eventually face some level of sanctions from the US because of its purchase of the Su-35 and the warnings from that dickdong Pompeepee. He's not going to make the idle threat and not follow through with it and so I expect heavy sanctions from the US if the orange baboon wins a 2nd term (which would really suck like nothing ever before) and even might happen if Joe the Jerk Biden gets elected since he already hates Sisi with a passion and probably wouldn't mind following through with that threat of sanctions.

That being said, why not try mounting and programming the R-77 to be fired off the huge fleet of F-16s if it is at all possible to do it without the US' help? Take this bad larries here:

DK4P5oYX0AAwgwc.jpg

-----and install them on these.

DpdXL7_W0AAfVlH.jpg

DpdXL8yW4AAI569.jpg

I think if the US has any inclination to putting sanctions on Egypt, Egypt should start thinking of doing things like that or if it's more compatible or an easier integration to integrate MICAs, then perhaps think about integrating those on the F-16. I doubt the French would go along with that and maybe even the Russians might be a little reluctant to do that unless Egypt decides to buy a large batch of the missiles.

At any rate, should those options fail, perhaps China would be willing to help the EAF integrate the PL series of missiles onto the F-16s. If sanctions do in fact go into effect, it behooves Egypt to start thinking about improvising certain elements to fight back on its own terms. I think that with the peace treaty and the military aid associated with it, those actually complicate things and put the US in a difficult position to be able to instill long term sanctions on Egypt, and especially military ones.

Last edited:
You know how a certain country to the far north of the Med sea is always boasting about some indigenous cruise missile? Well, with the SCALPs is one thing, but there will also be this beast in the EAF that will come with the Su-35s.

message-editor%2F1527284929206-kh-59mk2_missile_at_maks-2015_01.jpg

As @The SC posted a thread about the weapons that will accompany the EAF Su-35S', this might be one of the most impressive ones on that list. The Russian one has a range of 550 km while the export rules limit those to 300 km which is still pretty damn good.

New Egyptian Su-35 jets will have Russian super missile: photos

Really like this picture. Someone (member of the Sa'aqa Special Forces) is happy and excited to be getting on the Mistral for a major training exercise which also includes the Navy special forces in their RIBs. Looks like about 6 RIBs on their trailers ready to be loaded for an amphibious exercise with special forces and their Hummers.

Eh9fXCMWkAIGw7q

And speaking of RIBs, (@Philip the Arab would be interested in this)

BANGLADESH NAVY BUYS EGYPTIAN RIBs.

@Avicenna does this tick you off, bro? :lol: Sorry, man, I know how much you despise anything Egyptian so I figured I'd rub it in. This is actually good stuff, for both countries since we really are friends despite how you feel!

I know @UKBengali would appreciate this since he doesn't have those anti-Egyptian negative sentiments.

Hey @Lord Of Gondor , have you seen these pics before? Those Rafales sure are sweet, ey?
I believe these were taken at Toulon, France when 3 EAF Rafales accompanied President Sisi to France and they participated with the French Larmee De L'Air for specific budy-buddy refueling exercises.

Click for larger and High-res versions.

9258-egypt-air-force-dassault-rafale-b_PlanespottersNet_902218_01f4050d88_o.jpg

2e4bf6ee1c001225761ed4d79f11a8e9.jpg

I've actually been screaming about acquiring a couple of heavy transport aircraft (and especially a heavy air refueler) for over 10 years now since the EAF has been doing air refueling qualifications during Bright Star exercises every year they had it since the F-16s and F-4 Phantoms arrived in Egypt! As a matter of fact, the Mirage 2000s were also performing A2A refueling qualifications with the designated NATO KC-139 which if IIRC was part of the Turkish air force back when things were fine between the two countries. And so now, finally, with this purchase of the two ex-Jordanian IL-76s we can finally say thank God that they made this move and what the heck took them so long? And when will they be able to acquire a heavy air reufeler which would probably have to also be Russian IL-76s or IL-78's.

The question is, would the Russian big birds have the boom? I know they have the drag chute baskets for aircraft with probes on them which would be the EAF Rafales, Mirage 2Ks, MiG-35s and Su-35s but the entire fleet of F-16s would require a boom and I'm not sure the Russians have that?

They might have to look at other options such as the A-400 from Air Bus maybe? I think they tried but couldn't come to an agreement. Hope they keep trying since even with buddy-buddy refueling capabilities with the Rafales and MiG-35s, if they got a heavy refueler or two, it would truly extend the EAF's range all over the eastern Mediterranean Sea as well as the Gulf of Suez and the Red Sea and thoroughly into central Africa.

48978974788_4169238273_b.jpg

So, I have a thought that is rather challenging to say the least and could be rather controversial but is especially instigating in a very strong way and I'm not even sure that Russia would be ok with it anyway, but perhaps a deal with it could be struck to allow it to happen. Although I'm not sure if it can be done in the first place without the source codes and ability to reprogram the computer and fire control system in the F-16s that the US is the only one that has the ability to do so and that is......try installing the R-77-1 onto the fleet of F-16, why not try?

I think Egypt will eventually face some level of sanctions from the US because of its purchase of the Su-35 and the warnings from that dickdong Pompeepee. He's not going to make the idle threat and not follow through with it and so I expect heavy sanctions from the US if the orange baboon wins a 2nd term (which would really suck like nothing ever before) and even might happen if Joe the Jerk Biden gets elected since he already hates Sisi with a passion and probably wouldn't mind following through with that threat of sanctions.

That being said, why not try mounting and programming the R-77 to be fired off the huge fleet of F-16s if it is at all possible to do it without the US' help? Take this bad larries here:

DK4P5oYX0AAwgwc.jpg

DpdXL7_W0AAfVlH.jpg

DpdXL8yW4AAI569.jpg

I think if the US has any inclination to putting sanctions on Egypt, Egypt should start thinking of doing things like that or if it's more compatible or an easier integration to integrate MICAs, then perhaps think about integrating those on the F-16. I doubt the French would go along with that and maybe even the Russians might be a little reluctant to do that unless Egypt decides to buy a large batch of the missiles.

At any rate, should those options fail, perhaps China would be willing to help the EAF integrate the PL series of missiles onto the F-16s. If sanctions do in fact go into effect, it behooves Egypt to start thinking about improvising certain elements to fight back on its own terms. I think that with the peace treaty and the military aid associated with it, those actually complicate things and put the US in a difficult position to be able to instill long term sanctions on Egypt, and especially military ones.
The Russian/Chinese missiles on the F-16 would be very difficult. The MICA on the other hand should be more or less plug and play(especially the IR). The problem could be through the End User Monitoring Agreements if such a thing were to happen IMO.
If bipartisan support exists(I am certain it does) and Egypt is willing to lean on the congress a bit, then I think the F-16s can be upgraded very fast.
PAF was also in a similar quagmire but just one smart decision meant all pre Peace Drive F-16s got a comprehensive upgrade and bringing them more or less on par with the block 52+ jets.
Taiwan is another example.

These things actually put on quite the airshow at the opening ceremony of Bernice airbase. Considering they're basically brand new aircraft only inducted into the EAF for 2 years, the EAF pilots flying these things did a great job showing some of these birds' capabilities. I think the best part of this entire ceremony was the choreography and managing the flight paths of all the different jets as well as cargo planes and helicopters taking off and landing and flying in from other locations etc., staying away from any dangerous air or ground collisions that could happen very easily with such a busy schedule and air traffic. The only thing missing was any UAVs flying!!

The only other country that would have a compatible aircraft that our boys can learn from and work with and participate to grow their skills and familiarity of these great birds is the Indian Navy and their MiG-29Ks. Those are almost identical to these and would really be something to see them work together.

Dnjaz1gX4AAzvlR.jpg

EBGJ4viXoAE8Ih1.jpg

DK4P5oYX0AAwgwc.jpg

DpdXL7_W0AAfVlH.jpg

DpdXL8yW4AAI569.jpg

It is going to be a lot harder to integrate air to air missiles than it will bombs and radiation missiles. China offers a solution Egypt could use.

1600613849801.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom