What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Looking forward to seeing those super bad mofos in the EN and pulling up to the Navy dock in Escandariya. Those things are so intimidating with those towering radar masts compared to the French FREMM it's extraordinary.

While they're supposedly ready to go once they're completely decommissioned from La Regia Marina Militare and come and join Al Quwwat El Bahriat El Masriyya, by then we might just be fortunate enough to get one of the Mekos delivered at this rate LOL! But seriously, our Italian friends are taking their sweet time unless there's something complicating the deal which we were under the impression that those two elements were already agreed on no matter what happens with the other parts of the mega deal and that they should be on their way soon. At any rate, perhaps this Meko being build for the Egyptian Navy and at this rate because of the sectional construction they're doing seems to speed up the process and that they might just put one of these together and have it tested and ready for delivery by the time our Italianos friends are done cleaning up the Berghaminnis.

Ef-CLPqWkAMhPWZ

EgBLMZRXsAAt-in

EgBLMMKXgAYpt6n

EgBLMllXsAAtyNJ
Be patient..lol
It is not even a month yet! HaHa..
You know that the EN always chose its components carefully.. so instead of those NATO components there are going to be some potent other ones.. and that takes a li'l time.. they will soon join Al Quwwat El Bahriat El Masriyya..no worries..

Last edited:
The Italian FREMM are a little bit more powerfull than the french ones : the radar is higher, and quitte effective (the french Herakles is also powerfull). More guns.
BUT (there is always a "but" ) the vessel is less stable (center of gravity higher).
Everything is calculated around the center of gravity.. so stability is not an issue.. the only advantage of the French Fremm is the sonar.. it has two..and that is normal since it is the ASW version..
The Italian Fremm is AAW platform so the mast is higher hence the radars can see and pic up targets on longer ranges..

Egypt should get into engine production, with low wages it would certainly be possible to achieve cheap production costs. In my opinion it should first be moped and scooter engine production and than move on to larger vehicles electrically or natural gas powered engines. I would hope the MOMP would fund the factory and machinery needed if somebody could prototype and design an engine or if need be reverse engineer a simple engine for a moped or bike

Think for African and Arab export market possible and uses for the military.

Engine like this two stroke would be very simple as a starter and be able to power bikes, mopeds, UGV, and whatnot for the civilian and military market.
b120014d1159cb14aafa1b615ed69a12.gif

Attachments

• 1599171097091.png
    1599171097091.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Egypt should get into engine production, with low wages it would certainly be possible to achieve cheap production costs. In my opinion it should first be moped and scooter engine production and than move on to larger vehicles electrically or natural gas powered engines. I would hope the MOMP would fund the factory and machinery needed if somebody could prototype and design an engine or if need be reverse engineer a simple engine for a moped or bike

Think for African and Arab export market possible and uses for the military.

Engine like this two stroke would be very simple as a starter and be able to power bikes, mopeds, UGV, and whatnot for the civilian and military market.
b120014d1159cb14aafa1b615ed69a12.gif

https://egyptindependent.com/egypt-belarus-discuss-localizing-tractor-manufacturing/

Last edited:
They are not giving all engine tech, nobody wants to you have to develop it yourself in these days. They may give only some and probably a lot of assembling.
Lol.. Egypt was making even fighters' engines.. read it again about Helwan diesel engines now..
There are countries ready to transfer technology either for money or other tech..

Last edited:
Looking at the entire list seems to be incremental improvements to a lot of the existing elements from EW to even the radio is going to be improved as apparently is stinks in its present state which I found funny how they admitted that and the way they did. Minor improvements to the RBE2 AESA etc.

And remember the HMCS I mentioned to you earlier? About how that would be one of my requests for the next batch and not the Israeli one? Well, they even mention it and fascinating how Dassault only offers it on its export models and L'Armee de L'Air doesn't have or use a helmet mounted cueing system at all. That part surprised me quite a bit. I wonder why? They want it now with the F4 standard but why didn't they install or incorporate it earlier as they offered it on the export models?
It is an error in the news to say F3R sees the arrival of AESA. AESA came before (first plane delivered with AESA in 2012 or 2013). F3R maily bring the Meteor and Talios Recce pod plus some improvements to the radar and Spectra.
F4 is focused on communication, so as to be as the F35 a communication nod, The new 1000kg AASM, the new MICA NG. Plus as every standard, some improvments on the radar and Spectra (GaN on Spectra emitters).
It was rumored that F4 will bring the multistatic technology. Officially it is not the case. But unofficially....

F5 can be seen as a MLU : new GaN antenna is the nose AND on each side. Carriers remote. Improvements on stealth (may be thanks to stealth cocoons to hide the AtoG weapons), probably a more powerfull engine thanks to the Turenne 2 R&D effort and the developpment of the Germano French SCAF engine (temperature in the core 2000 to 2100° instead of 1850°).

A F6 is even on the agenda (but no news about it).

As Rafale is seen to fly with the future SCAF, there is a strong road map up to 2060.

We talked about the MICA NG in this thread a while back when we were discussing the range and lethality of the two MICAs that came with the Rafale and looking at a 30% increase in range is a great thing and with the slight improvements on the RBE2, this should add a huge step to the Rafale's BVR capabilities.
RBE2 AESA is already able to fully exploit the Meteor range (>> 100km). Mica NG is piece of cake !

Gonna have to look into those "plate radars distributed over the airframe" to understand what the heck they're referring to?! Sounds pretty amazing. Any ideas?
Thales is working for years on non plane AESA radar. A tile radar antenna, able to follow the external shape of a jet.
2 locations are explored : on each side of the nose, just in front of the air intakes, and on each side of the vertical fin.

Everything is calculated around the center of gravity.. so stability is not an issue.. the only advantage of the French Fremm is the sonar.. it has two..and that is normal since it is the ASW version..
The Italian Fremm is AAW platform so the mast is higher hence the radars can see and pic up targets on longer ranges..
The 2 fremm, french and italian, has the same hull. So with more weight on the height (and the italian radar is quite heavy), the stability is less in the italian one. Maybe it's just a little bit.

Between you and me, except the anti sub and the SCALP capacity, I prefer the italian design and anti surface weaponery.

Yes!
Infact the Indian Navy uses the Thales Topsight on the MiG-29K/KuB
View attachment 666423
View attachment 666411
EAF should standardise on this from Thales, probably even manufacture it at home.
Massive help when flying low in valleys during pitch black conditions and bad weather.

When I read that portion of the HMSD in @BON PLAN 's posts, it automatically registered that I was talking about that exact thing lol and not just that, but specifically the Thales HMSD. While I believe both, the IAF and the EAF are using the Russian MCS with the monocle, I believe that is strictly a weapons cueing system only. While the Thales HMSD is an entire helmet mounted system, it offers a lot more than cueing a missile by eye only like you mentioned.

And the fact that the IAF went out and is adopting that to their MiG-29K/KUB is proof that the Russian one that came with the aircraft is infact only a missile cueing eye monocle and they're looking for much more with the Thales HMDS.

Hopefully we see the Thales in the EAF soon. I'm thinking they didn't get it at the time because of cost since the Rafales were not the only thing on the cart, there were also a couple of LHDs and a frigate and a few corvettes LOL. But I don't think that was the reason. They just didn't want the Israeli Trojan which was the only one being offered as an export HMDS with the Rafale at the time and knew about the Thales and possibly others and are just waiting to get those integrated when they're ready (which apparently they seem to be now from what you're telling me) and go from there.

The crappy thing is that we won't ever know anything about that unless we end up seeing it in a picture or it's in some obscure article from another country or something like that. EAF don't announce things like that which is a shame.

Be patient..lol
It is not even a month yet! HaHa..
You know that the EN always chose its components carefully.. so instead of those NATO components there are going to be some potent other ones.. and that takes a li'l time.. they will soon join Al Quwwat El Bahriat El Masriyya..no worries..

So Spain was awarded $248.5 million in FMS for the AIM-120C-7 for their Erufighter Typhoons lolol. And here we are the US refusing to sell us the AIM-120 C-5 even for the 4th largest operator of the F-16. What's wrong with this picture? By now, with all the pressures Egypt has been able to squeeze out of the US including siding with us on the Ethiopian dam fill and punishing Ethiopia (while not by much even though I'm sure they're not happy about losing $180 million in free aid money but still) and even going out and getting the Su-35 shouldn't be an issue at all and if anything, should tempt the US to be a lot more pragmatic than it already is by loosening some of these heavy restrictions and particularly that one since it's a big one.

I wouldn't care about the Longbow radar for example, since it doesn't create a huge upgrade to what we already have and especially with the Ka-52s. But the AMRAAMs is where Egyptian official and lobbyists need to push a lot harder, especially when Spain is getting -- probably 300 missiles for that amount of $ -- that even the EAF can offer to pay for them and not have them be part of the military aid package to incentive the Americans. Someone needs to step up to the plate because once the door opens with the AIM-120, it'll open for many other restrictions and they need to move on it with only 2 months left until the elections because mark my words, if Joe Biden wins, things will get A LOT worst for Egypt. The time to do these things is when the orange baboon is in office and they're running out of time quick!

So Spain was awarded $248.5 million in FMS for the AIM-120C-7 for their Erufighter Typhoons lolol. And here we are the US refusing to sell us the AIM-120 C-5 even for the 4th largest operator of the F-16
They simply can’t give you AMRAAMs without a realistic CISMOA, no US personnel are bonded to the EAF and I don’t even think that’s a good idea. After all you support Assad w/ weapons and carry out many operations in Libya which can be opposed.
Furthermore the Democrats can F our F-16 fleet more than what they did back in 2013 when we needed them badly against ISIS...
I wouldn't care about the Longbow radar for example
I would but not more than AMRAAMs.
But the AMRAAMs is where Egyptian official and lobbyists need to push a lot harder
Like I said earlier: If we had worked on influence after Camp David we wouldn’t have had this conversation in the first place.
Joe Biden wins, things will get A LOT worst for Egypt. The time to do these things is when the orange baboon is in office and they're running out of time quick!
B2amana ma b2edna, 27na bne3mel ely 3alena w rabena yostor...
The US ambassador in Egypt said that they want Egypt to have the best the US could give - they also said that American Fighters are the best. Sounds to me like they offered Egypt F-15s but Egypt refused - this was said in an Russian article but despite the Russian bias and benefit from it I must say that the Russians are probably not lying since:
1-Egypt would use this to negotiate for the deal they could get.
2-The Russians are close to the Egyptian military so its likely that they were told by an Egyptian official about it.

Last edited:
They simply can’t give you AMRAAMs without a realistic CISMOA,

Why do we keep coming back to this thing? That piece of paper has been signed. I don't know of any "portion" that was left out or that wasn't signed that reflects the US' ability to say yes or no as to the capacity of the treaty. To me, once the US embassy in Cairo tweets out a congratulatory expression that they're very happy of this milestone which is the signing of the CISMOA treaty between Egypt and the US means its signed. Not partially signed or just initialed or singed on one page but not the other or a limited signatory. It means it's fully signed. Done deal.

And here's the other thing which has been repeated in several defense publications regarding this particular matter in that this treaty is only part of a series of "deniability steps" for the US to use against giving Egypt the OK for certain weapons that are part of the QME of Israel of which the AIM-120 is part of that. What does that mean? It means that this is only part of a list of usable excuses to deny Egypt and if it's taken care of, i.e. signed, the US can simply move on to the next step and use that as a denial mode which would be Israel's QME would be impacted by Egypt having the AIM-120.

So the whole importance "factor" of the CISMOA is way overrated because of that underlying factor in that it's only part of the list of excuses and even if it's taken care of, the US will move on to another excuse. So let's not put too much importance into it, even if it has in fact already been signed anyway.

no US personnel are bonded to the EAF and I don’t even think that’s a good idea.

"Bonded" to the EAF? What does that mean?

After all you support Assad w/ weapons and carry out many operations in Libya which can be opposed.

Can the real ARCH٤R please stand up? Who's this new guy impersonating him? lol
Either way, you basically made my point that there's another "step" in the deniability process and my point is that someone in the EAF or within the political spectrum needs to be able to put all these things aside and find a way to convince the US to abandon that line of thinking and create some sort of agreement that the US would be happy to agree to in exchange for a bit on leniency on some of those weapon's restrictions. Not only on BVRAMRAAMs, but on short range munitions as well such as the AIM-9X as well as JDAM kits. I see Wikipedia shows Egypt as an operator of JDAM kits but I don't think that's correct. The EAF uses several of the GBU Paveway series laser-guided smart bombs, but I don't believe they have been able to acquire the JDAM kit as I've never seen in or heard of it being part of the EAF arsenal. So that would certainly be another item to add to the weapon's relief request.

Like I said earlier: If we had worked on influence after Camp David we wouldn’t have had this conversation in the first place.

No use in crying over spilled milk, right? We're dealing with the situation as it presents itself today and so they need to make it happen, or at least find out what it will take to get a major upgrade on all the F-16s and include this weapon's package request be offered. Get it done!

B2amana ma b2edna, 27na bne3mel ely 3alena w rabena yostor...
The US ambassador in Egypt said that they want Egypt to have the best the US could give - they also said that American Fighters are the best. Sounds to me like they offered Egypt F-15s but Egypt refused - this was said in an Russian article but despite the Russian bias and benefit from it I must say that the Russians are probably not lying since:
1-Egypt would use this to negotiate for the deal they could get.
2-The Russians are close to the Egyptian military so its likely that they were told by an Egyptian official about it.

Totally agree. I think they can step up the pressure a little bit on the Americans before this administration walks out the door (there's a strong possibility of that happening as I'm sure you know based on your flags :-)) and so at least get the ball rolling so that if there is a change, it'll make the transition that much easier and if there isn't and the baboon gets reelected, then there's a head start and a good 4 more years to really put the pressure on to find out if we need to go full on Russian and Euro now, or if there is at least a chance to empower up the F-16 fleet for the next decade or more and keep the US as an essential partner.

To much to answer but what I meant by US personnel being ‘bonded’ was that the US often has access to airfields and could monitor the weapons stock as well as the use of technology. Furthermore I learned that the EAF was carrying airstrikes that are not revealed to public against the MB in Western Libya - this won’t be easy if you signed the CISMOA. One thing I’m sure of is that we want to know what really happens behind the closed doors.

Back
Top Bottom