What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

New Egyptian rifles - AKM & AKMS "Misr"
May 14, 2017

The AKM (Russian: 'Modernized Automatic Kalashnikov') is a 7.62mm assault rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is a common modernized variant of the AK-47 rifle. Introduced into service with the Soviet Army in 1959, the AKM is the most ubiquitous variant of the entire AK series of firearms and it has found widespread use as well as being widely exported and produced in many other countries.
The Misr is an Egyptian copy of the AKM, manufactured in Cairo for the Egyptian Army and for export sales.
3658c0_d099e6ca73e44fd0b2b9a252ef967638%7Emv2.jpg

Compared to the AK-47, the AKM features detail improvements and enhancements that optimized the rifle for mass production. Notably, the AK-47's milled steel receiver was replaced by a U-shaped steel stamping. As a result of these modifications, the AKM’s weight was reduced by 1 kg (2.2 lb), the accuracy during automatic fire was increased and several reliability issues were addressed.
3658c0_f788435e9e0c4585b73d919fdf090047%7Emv2.jpg

The main variant of the AKM is the AKMS (S – Skladnoy – Folding), which was equipped with an under-folding metal shoulder stock in place of the fixed wooden stock. The metal stock of the AKMS is somewhat different from the folding stock of the previous AKS-47 model as it has a modified locking mechanism, which locks both support arms of the AKMS stock instead of just one (left arm) as in the AKS-47 folding model.

pohf-egyptian-misr-full-lead.jpg
That’s better, I believe the one in the bottom middle & bottom right reduce the vertical recoil.
9DF41D37-68CC-4D48-9F59-7435F2B0EFB0.jpeg

At least steps are taken to improve the infantry kit, that would put soldiers ahead
409E5920-2750-4F55-A837-5CE09E3ABED5.jpeg

Appeared to be a display wired from the scope on the rifle/ the sight mounted on the side of the helmet.
4532964C-CE60-410B-AF38-7E5F4AD72296.png

There can be 2 sights.
93C437E5-3838-4A49-8B5D-3252A844219E.jpeg

‘Shashat Al3ard...’ translates to ‘Display screen...’
FF64434C-A398-4C0F-9D4D-6FFE74F5FCBA.png

Nothing is revealed about this:
5B28BA9E-1D03-492C-B9DF-DDBFBA3BE008.png
I I think it needs a better, organized wiring layout.
A3A86838-77EF-4B19-8E21-5F5AC84D5EE3.png

4BB63BF2-32CB-4960-B186-44B2B28FE4A0.png

004994AC-37CF-4427-9FBF-4DE4DF30685F.jpeg

Here is what I believe was as an early plan
9004DF64-674D-4A8B-873A-6F9A5F33C193.jpeg

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

No SCALP, and even less Meteor.

To fire METEOR you need a F3R variant. It's not the egyptian case : F3-O4T.... It's possible to upgrade it, but it's not done.
Duh take it or leave it - quietly.
The export variant of the Meteor isn’t even finalized yet.

Attachments

• 36FAE28E-6B06-4E65-B11C-079E0BFE925C.png
    36FAE28E-6B06-4E65-B11C-079E0BFE925C.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Strange.
They spoke of UAE all the news long and just a small sentence about Egypt.
What is sure : the birds were delivered in F3-O4T mod.
What is unclear : no news about an upgrade for Egypt (I think i was one point of the deal for next batch : new planes in F3R + upgrade of the first ones + SCALP).
Never see any rumour about Meteor for Egypt (because Israel is too near !)

New Egyptian rifles - AKM & AKMS "Misr"
May 14, 2017

The AKM (Russian: 'Modernized Automatic Kalashnikov') is a 7.62mm assault rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is a common modernized variant of the AK-47 rifle. Introduced into service with the Soviet Army in 1959, the AKM is the most ubiquitous variant of the entire AK series of firearms and it has found widespread use as well as being widely exported and produced in many other countries.
The Misr is an Egyptian copy of the AKM, manufactured in Cairo for the Egyptian Army and for export sales.
3658c0_d099e6ca73e44fd0b2b9a252ef967638%7Emv2.jpg

Compared to the AK-47, the AKM features detail improvements and enhancements that optimized the rifle for mass production. Notably, the AK-47's milled steel receiver was replaced by a U-shaped steel stamping. As a result of these modifications, the AKM’s weight was reduced by 1 kg (2.2 lb), the accuracy during automatic fire was increased and several reliability issues were addressed.
3658c0_f788435e9e0c4585b73d919fdf090047%7Emv2.jpg

The main variant of the AKM is the AKMS (S – Skladnoy – Folding), which was equipped with an under-folding metal shoulder stock in place of the fixed wooden stock. The metal stock of the AKMS is somewhat different from the folding stock of the previous AKS-47 model as it has a modified locking mechanism, which locks both support arms of the AKMS stock instead of just one (left arm) as in the AKS-47 folding model.

pohf-egyptian-misr-full-lead.jpg

Of all the rifles I've been fortunate enough to have played with let alone had as part of my collection, the 3 Maadi Misrs are the best of the lot and if you ask any collector or user, they'll tell you with all impartiality that the Misrs are the best AKMs produced outside of post Soviet-built AK-47. Even matching it up to my Mak90 and the Chinese built millions of those with the neat & classic thumb-grip stock, I'll put at a close 2nd although some of the European/Ex-Soviet states built AKMs aren't too shabby, but still come in at a distant 2nd to the Maadi Misrs in all aspects, even the finish.

I think these are perfectly fine to continue to build as the primary infantry assault rifle IMO.

I remember way back talking about this and you remember that dude MICA? He was posting all kinds of things about the EAF Rafales being F-3R and why the heck wouldn't they be?! It wasn't like the timing wasn't right or the F-3R wasn't ready or anything like that. They were brand newly build to spec Rafales that were going to carry AASMs, MICAs, the Damocles pod all coming with the initial order and then the SCALPs and Meteors to follow as they were being made ready and available. I think it all makes sense.

Hello brothers I am back from my extended ban

@ARCH٤R I like your idea and a while ago i screen shotted this picture of a thermal optic from AIO that would be great for this. With new furniture and optics it would make a great rifle comparable to AK-103 or newer AKs. Also red dot and holographic scopes should be manufactered in Egypt as well.
9df41d37-68cc-4d48-9f59-7435f2b0efb0-jpeg.665982

Screenshot_20200902-103537_YouTube.jpg

The small one on the left is a weapon scope and the right is a thermal observation scope.
Screenshot_20200902-104332_YouTube.jpg

I remember way back talking about this and you remember that dude MICA? He was posting all kinds of things about the EAF Rafales being F-3R and why the heck wouldn't they be?! It wasn't like the timing wasn't right or the F-3R wasn't ready or anything like that. They were brand newly build to spec Rafales that were going to carry AASMs, MICAs, the Damocles pod all coming with the initial order and then the SCALPs and Meteors to follow as they were being made ready and available. I think it all makes sense.
It makes sense, but I have seen no notice about a contract to upgrade your Rafale. The F3R is very new (released mid 2019). Even all the french bird are not upgraded now.
I will check this data with french forumers.

@ARCH٤R I like your idea and a while ago i screen shotted this picture of a thermal optic from AIO that would be great for this. With new furniture and optics it would make a great rifle comparable to AK-103 or newer AKs. Also red dot and holographic scopes should be manufactered in Egypt as well.
9df41d37-68cc-4d48-9f59-7435f2b0efb0-jpeg.665982

View attachment 666049
The small one on the left is a weapon scope and the right is a thermal observation scope.
View attachment 666050
Welcome back, how often & and why do you get banned anyways?
This here could be used well.
- The barrel jacket could have simple devices aligned to it, all covered by the rails - one should consider the heat of the barrel when firing else the device (whatever it is) would be damaged.
- The stock should originate from the middle of the body to reduce recoil
- The sight should be placed above the barrel jacket so that it becomes easier to aim - pretty easy...

C0CCA359-7F74-45D9-8211-B55BD9F9224E.jpeg

Welcome back, how often & and why do you get banned anyways?
This here could be used well.
- The barrel jacket could have simple devices aligned to it, all covered by the rails - one should consider the heat of the barrel when firing else the device (whatever it is) would be damaged.
- The stock should originate from the middle of the body to reduce recoil
- The sight should be placed above the barrel jacket so that it becomes easier to aim - pretty easy...

View attachment 666107
I got banned for a month for something stupid.

I like your idea for one of modifying the weapon and it is certainly doable, and also I think Egypt should start exporting in larger numbers quality Maadis to USA civilian market as they are very popular here to fund revenue for the defense industry.

Last edited:
it seems the russians have allowed Egyptian production of newer penetrator called 3UBR11 unveiled 2009-2010 for 30mm 2A42 and 2A72 used in helicopters and armored vehicles.

uyWBuLwmoNmeyNK0lC2aUqpamKuFgvcX4BhnIKkh6h4.jpg

EROpFN9UwAAWaIW
Nice to meet you, you missed out the 25mm Bushmaster APDS, and the 35mm round for Oerlikon GDF as well as the 20x102mm aircraft, and M163 ammunition. Also the 40x53mm HEDP round.

This same factory produces ZSU-23 cannons I think as well.

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 3.29.42 PM.png

Last edited:
it is certainly doable
I feel sad for that. It appears to me that the Military is runned by more of experience and less of science.
What you said here applied to everything when it comes the the Egyptian military and to a lesser extent the other Arab militaries, from the *QME* to the Sinai.

I feel sad for that. It appears to me that the Military is runned by more of experience and less of science.
What you said here applied to everything when it comes the the Egyptian military and to a lesser extent the other Arab militaries, from the *QME* to the Sinai.
Yeah, most of these Ex generals and ministers know nothing about their duties, it is like asking a farmer to make a wooden table. I can only hope the man who replaced Assar can do more than him and develop the industry. I hope something like the Turkish SSB can be established in Egypt because frankly the MOMP is not doing what it can do when it comes to private manufacturing and long term goals.

Yeah, most of these Ex generals and ministers know nothing about their duties, it is like asking a farmer to make a wooden table. I can only hope the man who replaced Assar can do more than him and develop the industry. I hope something like the Turkish SSB can be established in Egypt because frankly the MOMP is not doing what it can do when it comes to private manufacturing and long term goals.
Most are in the seats to maintain and not improve - that’s my opinion. Arguably the modification I just suggested casted out the need of large CZ or ARX deals since Egypt would locally manufacture them and Egypt already manufacture scopes (that can be mirrored (not wirelessly) to a screen mounted on the helmet) you can even distribute that helmet without the sights across the bulk of the army.
(See the rightmost bullet vest) V
709F929D-6620-4306-99C7-AF1B42E1332D.jpeg
A bullet vest that could protect soldiers and is similar to the Ratnik has been locally produced, should we start distributing them to the 400K soldiers?
- Nah.
EAF did you ever consider wiring MICAs to the F16s?
- Nope.
EAF why didn’t wire MICAs to the Mirage 2000 since you didn’t receive AMRAAMs?
The list continues.
Unless IMUT encourages others to establish private Egyptian defense companies were most probably going to have this routine for years to come.
Locally producing CAR 16 is easy I bet, even more is their ammo. I prefer to make a thread about Egyptian Military modernization because I have a lot of thoughts in my head. I’d like to hear the opinion of others concerning this.

Eh ya Billib! Fenak ya 3amo! :lol: Just do us a favor and stay away from that one guy who keeps banning you. Just leave him alone and don't even quote him or anything and you'll be ok. Good to see you again. We need to raise the count of Arabs around here not lose them because of personal BS.

It makes sense, but I have seen no notice about a contract to upgrade your Rafale. The F3R is very new (released mid 2019). Even all the french bird are not upgraded now.
I will check this data with french forumers.

Ok, sounds good and I will do the same! Check back soon.

Unless IMUT encourages others to establish private Egyptian defense companies were most probably going to have this routine for years to come.
Locally producing CAR 16 is easy I bet, even more is their ammo. I prefer to make a thread about Egyptian Military modernization because I have a lot of thoughts in my head. I’d like to hear the opinion of others concerning this.

I would hope for joint projects, hell I would love the real idea of AOI resurrected including other Arab states like Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, and of course the original members Qatar, UAE, Egypt, and KSA. Joint projects with shared funding and commitment to purchasing these products is a must, and technological transfer.

I read an article a while ago in Arabic that AOI were even proposing the idea again I think at IDEX 2019.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom