What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Between 22nd of July and 30th of August; 317 hideouts were destroyed, tens of terrorists killed, several soldiers killed or wounded.
Mind that Bir El Abd was evacuated displacing thousands.
And then I get this in my head: After all these years of Gaza blockade, co-ordination with Israel (intelligence wise) and terrorists killed over the years, what else can we do?
Even a wall is being built on the borders with the Gaza Strip...

Seems like every time the one aspect we'd like to see improvement on never gets better. I think we all know what the solution is, it's just that they never seem to want to get involved in taking those steps to lower those critical numbers. It will always be unacceptable, no matter how many of the cretins get taken out and their stuff destroyed, don't you agree?

a new source my dear.... In french. Use google translate !

or a greek source ?

Je parle un petit peu de Francais. :lol:

EF was studied as mainly a pure air superiority fighter. The Su35 is at least that kind of beast.
Once you have F15 or SU27/20/25, no need of average EF2000.

That's true way back in the 80's when they started the initial designing, you're right. I think it's safe to say that it's not in that league and has never been considered that since it took its first flight.

I think the best plan for it under the EAF is if you guys make it impossible for us to come to some terms on the next batch of Rafales. There have been some problems let's face it with the pricing that France has been putting on certain military elements that are crazy lol. Actually, exactly what @The SC and I were talking about was exactly that. The price for the comms and defensive package that France offered to put in the Mistrals were exorbitant that they mentioned the Egyptian party "scoffed at the pricing and walked out of the room," only to agree on a Russian system for much less of the cost proposed by the French.

Then you look at the cost of a EF2000 and it's around $100 million a piece which is more than what we paid for the Rafales lol. So there's no doubt about it that the Rafales is the best thing for the EAF, but should that not happen, then the EF2000 will have to be brought in and introduced and molded into a Rafale & Typhoon package in order to augment the numbers of the delta/canard platforms in the EAF. 24 Rafales (actually 23 now) is just not enough and France & Dassault knows that. But this is EXACTLY what the US was doing to us all these years and so that is why you're seeing the MiG-35 and the Su-35 and possibly the Typhoon. Because that type of thing needs to be done with.

NO. Mr Trump blocked the sale due to ITAR. Just a single component. Now replaced in the SCALP.

I think what @ARCH٤R was saying is that it has been solved and all 50 SCALPs have in fact been supplied already to the EAF. That is according to SIPRI also that all 50 have been delivered.

Seems like every time the one aspect we'd like to see improvement on never gets better. I think we all know what the solution is, it's just that they never seem to want to get involved in taking those steps to lower those critical numbers. It will always be unacceptable, no matter how many of the cretins get taken out and their stuff destroyed, don't you agree?
It appears to me that they advanced along the coastline to Bir El Abd from the North, El Arish is fine with new yet minor infrastructural developments taking place - along with El Arish airbase. It’s the cretins’ job without it no funds are received ;).

No Egyptian rafale crashed.
It was and it remains a fake news.
Truth is that a Rafale pilot died in a training jet crash (a K8 if I remember well)
There is much conspiracy but I believe the Rafale story was that it was a dual seat Rafale that crashed during vertical maneuvers at low altitude - Cobra was the callsign of the pilot who lost his life while the other was rescued. I follow several K-8 pilots and there are many of them so I doubt that they needed a Rafale pilot to fly the K-8. The cause was pilot error or bad weather I believe.

I think what @ARCH٤R was saying is that it has been solved and all 50 SCALPs have in fact been supplied already to the EAF. That is according to SIPRI also that all 50 have been delivered.
As far as I know, no SCALP on order for Egypt, so no one delivered.
I think there was a link between a new Rafale order and the SCALP.... As ITAR block the sale of SCALP, no 2nd batch (+ some other problems...).
Now that SCALP is ITAR free..... and troubles between Egypt and Turkey.... ALL IS POSSIBLE.

There is much conspiracy but I believe the Rafale story was that it was a dual seat Rafale that crashed during vertical maneuvers at low altitude - Cobra was the callsign of the pilot who lost his life while the other was rescued. I follow several K-8 pilots and there are many of them so I doubt that they needed a Rafale pilot to fly the K-8. The cause was pilot error or bad weather I believe.
No.
The K8 is a pilot trainer. No dedicated pilot on it. It is used to train pilot on a low cost basis versus front line fighter.
As already said, no Rafale crash in the EAF.

No.
The K8 is a pilot trainer. No dedicated pilot on it. It is used to train pilot on a low cost basis versus front line fighter.
As already said, no Rafale crash in the EAF.
Cobra was a Rafale pilot who died in a Rafale, the Rafale also flies training missions.

I heard some news coming from Greece saying that Egypt ordered additional 20 Rafale fighters. Greece wants 18 fighters immediately, 8 to be taken from the French stock, and both of France and Greece asked Egypt to take 10 fighters from its proposed new deal then alternative fighters will be produced and provided to Egypt after fulfilling the urgent Greek request. Any information?

I heard some news coming from Greece saying that Egypt ordered additional 20 Rafale fighters. Greece wants 18 fighters immediately, 8 to be taken from the French stock, and both of France and Greece asked Egypt to take 10 fighters from its proposed new deal then alternative fighters will be produced and provided to Egypt after fulfilling the urgent Greek request. Any information?
No recent news in France about a next Egyptian order.

No recent news in France about a next Egyptian order.

Now it's on other sources besides the Greek one.

The role of Egypt

As the French company is extremely difficult to proceed with the production of 30 aircraft immediately, what the two governments are considering is to reach an agreement with Egypt, so that instead of the 20 Rafale it has ordered, it will initially receive 10 and the other 10 to be given to Greece.

Now it's on other sources besides the Greek one.

The role of Egypt

As the French company is extremely difficult to proceed with the production of 30 aircraft immediately, what the two governments are considering is to reach an agreement with Egypt, so that instead of the 20 Rafale it has ordered, it will initially receive 10 and the other 10 to be given to Greece.

Imagine if they offer the partial manufacture of Rafales in Egypt...

Back
Top Bottom