What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Imagine if they offer the partial manufacture of Rafales in Egypt...

We at least need it in its latest version with all of its armament.

Maybe Egypt completed the deal with France, which is a good friend of Egypt, in secret like what happens in most of the times with Russia. Still strange because it's the first time to happen with France without announcing everywhere so it needs confirmation. If there's a new deal for additional Rafales, they will be eventually choosing it over the EFT.

I have have wondered about this topic for a while and was wondering your guys opinion on it. what do you think of a single barrel ZU-23 remote weapon station for light and medium vehicles?

For one Egypt produces the ZU-23 and also the explosive content and hitting power of each round compared to M2 Browning is much higher allowing for destruction of targets much quicker.

@ARCH٤R

Last edited:
I have have wondered about this topic for a while and was wondering your guys opinion on it. what do you think of a single barrel ZU-23 remote weapon station for light and medium vehicles?

For one Egypt produces the ZU-23 and also the explosive content and hitting power of each round compared to M2 Browning is much higher allowing for destruction of targets much quicker.

@ARCH٤R
We’ve got the Sinai 23;
C1F51764-DC65-493E-9CC9-7902CAC96E85.jpeg
A67351FE-7D07-4CED-A7C6-7ED43B1DB07B.jpeg

And the Nile 23;
454515F1-FD65-49B3-843F-267C0942BEC7.jpeg

both are based on the M113 and are equipped with ZU-23s and an Egyptian version of the SA-7.

Imagine if they offer the partial manufacture of Rafales in Egypt...
Stop dreaming.
There are 28 Rafale on order for France and another last batch of 30 to be ordered in 2023 and may be sooner.
Add Follow on order for India.
A probable win in Switzerland.
etc.....

Stop dreaming.
There are 28 Rafale on order for France and another last batch of 30 to be ordered in 2023 and may be sooner.
Add Follow on order for India.
A probable win in Switzerland.
etc.....
Ruskies offer it for Su-57 because they need funding but I dont think the rafale that stage.

it seems the russians have allowed Egyptian production of newer penetrator called 3UBR11 unveiled 2009-2010 for 30mm 2A42 and 2A72 used in helicopters and armored vehicles.

uyWBuLwmoNmeyNK0lC2aUqpamKuFgvcX4BhnIKkh6h4.jpg

EROpFN9UwAAWaIW

Last edited:
As far as I know, no SCALP on order for Egypt, so no one delivered.
I think there was a link between a new Rafale order and the SCALP.... As ITAR block the sale of SCALP, no 2nd batch (+ some other problems...).
Now that SCALP is ITAR free..... and troubles between Egypt and Turkey.... ALL IS POSSIBLE.

We're talking about the original order of 50, my friend. Not about a new or current order like you're mentioning in your post. We're referring to the original order that was stopped because of ITAR and that the French promised under the contract for the cruise missiles that they would fix the situation by removing the US-made parts and replacing them with French-made parts (however long that was going to take, not sure) and it seems like they have fulfilled the agreement and have come through with the delivery of the 50 SCALPs. As a matter of fact, there was also some local news that Egypt was given a substantial discount given the delay caused by ITAR and that it was solely responsible for it and that it is contractually obligated to fulfilling the orders in a timely manner or it suffers certain financial penalties. These are all common clauses that are put into these contract all the time and so it seems perfectly logical.

Cobra was a Rafale pilot who died in a Rafale, the Rafale also flies training missions.

It's really unfortunate. What we all got to read about him was nothing short of a real gentleman.

I heard some news coming from Greece saying that Egypt ordered additional 20 Rafale fighters. Greece wants 18 fighters immediately, 8 to be taken from the French stock, and both of France and Greece asked Egypt to take 10 fighters from its proposed new deal then alternative fighters will be produced and provided to Egypt after fulfilling the urgent Greek request. Any information?

I was reading that and another source also basically referring to the same numbers and stages of events. So according to this information, the number of Rafales on the 2nd order for the EAF currently stands at 20 aircraft. An interesting number that they came up with TBH because we know there were 12 in the original option which must have been exercised, and so they really only ended up agreeing on an additional 8 "new" or more Rafales beyond the original 36 (24+12). But the other interesting number in this source and the one I read (which I think is just an offshoot of this one) is that they acknowledge the current number of active Rafales in the EAF at 23 which means they obviously take into account the one that unfortunately crashed.

I like the idea of more Rafales, it’s a 5th gen in a 4th gen design and has a more secure spares source - not the Eurofighter coalition that delays spares to have enough time discussing the Saudi intervention (ffs there are missiles getting engaged mid air by the RSAF/RAD). If MBDA manufactures missiles in Egypt it’ll be a boomer and perhaps France can be guaranteed more Rafale orders if they wire MBDA missiles/bombs to our F-16s and convince the US. I hope the MoD knows how to play chess at a professional level...
It appears to me that they are willing to keep the would furnished Maadi rifles well into the year 3000. Seriously! Not a single locally designed assault rifle yet? For all decisions taken since 2014 the least smart ones were about the military, I hope this cycle is broken - nearly every single Egyptian defense enthusiast can do better.
Egypt should look into domestic ICBMs, yet my teacher was an ex Mirage-2000 software engineer and I’m like ‘Why are you not working on a national defense project? What is wrong with this military!’

Last edited:
I like the idea of more Rafales, it’s a 5th gen in a 4th gen design and has a more secure spares source - not the Eurofighter coalition that delays spares to have enough time discussing the Saudi intervention (ffs there are missiles getting engaged mid air by the RSAF/RAD). If MBDA manufactures missiles in Egypt it’ll be a boomer and perhaps France can be guaranteed more Rafale orders if they wire MBDA missiles/bombs to our F-16s and convince the US. I hope the MoD knows how to play chess at a professional level...
It appears to me that they are willing to keep the would furnished Maadi rifles well into the year 3000. Seriously! Not a single locally designed assault rifle yet? For all decisions taken since 2014 the least smart ones were about the military, I hope this cycle is broken - nearly every single Egyptian defense enthusiast can do better.
Egypt should look into domestic ICBMs, yet my teacher was an ex Mirage-2000 software engineer and I’m like ‘Why are you not working on a national defense project? What is wrong with this military!’
CZ Launching Handgun & Rifle Manufacturing in Egypt

March 26, 2018

DYLRDLrX0AAre8t-527x660.jpg

According to a recently published interview with the current director of Česká Zbrojovka in a Czech media platform, the small arms company is currently in the process of launching a small arms plant in Egypt. The director Lubomír Kovařík mentioned in the interview that the plant would be manufacturing both handguns and rifles. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to TFB readers as we reported on the possibility of this opportunity in December of 2017 with the use of 7.62x36mm CZ 807s in use by Egyptian Special Operations forces. Although not specifically mentioned, it is almost certain that the CZ 807 will be manufactured as the rifle Mr.Kovařík is talking about. That being the case, it appears that Beretta might have lost Egypt as a future defense customer for large-scale purchases. Previously Beretta 7.62x39mm ARX160s were in use throughout various units within the Egyptian Army. But with an entire manufacturing plant being built in the country, this has to mean a much larger use of the CZ 807 by Egyptian forces, most likely beyond the Special Operations component. The Egyptian infantry is still mostly armed with locally manufactured “Maidi” AKMs of either a folding stock (more like a folding strut) or fixed stock variety.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/26/cz-launching-handgun-rifle-manufacturing-egypt/

CZ Launching Handgun & Rifle Manufacturing in Egypt

March 26, 2018

DYLRDLrX0AAre8t-527x660.jpg

According to a recently published interview with the current director of Česká Zbrojovka in a Czech media platform, the small arms company is currently in the process of launching a small arms plant in Egypt. The director Lubomír Kovařík mentioned in the interview that the plant would be manufacturing both handguns and rifles. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to TFB readers as we reported on the possibility of this opportunity in December of 2017 with the use of 7.62x36mm CZ 807s in use by Egyptian Special Operations forces. Although not specifically mentioned, it is almost certain that the CZ 807 will be manufactured as the rifle Mr.Kovařík is talking about. That being the case, it appears that Beretta might have lost Egypt as a future defense customer for large-scale purchases. Previously Beretta 7.62x39mm ARX160s were in use throughout various units within the Egyptian Army. But with an entire manufacturing plant being built in the country, this has to mean a much larger use of the CZ 807 by Egyptian forces, most likely beyond the Special Operations component. The Egyptian infantry is still mostly armed with locally manufactured “Maidi” AKMs of either a folding stock (more like a folding strut) or fixed stock variety.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/26/cz-launching-handgun-rifle-manufacturing-egypt/
It seems realistic to me, along with ARX-160 or at least better Maadis...there aren’t potential customers in North Africa I believe so it’ll be safe to conclude that it’s going to be the service rifle.
No SCALP with the first order. Only Hammer bombs and MICA.
Believe it or not we have SCALPs and the figure is 50, w/ Meteors on order. Don’t expect me to twist any longer in this topic.

It seems realistic to me, along with ARX-160 or at least better Maadis...there aren’t potential customers in North Africa I believe so it’ll be safe to conclude that it’s going to be the service rifle.

Believe it or not we have SCALPs and the figure is 50, w/ Meteors on order. Don’t expect me to twist any longer in this topic.
New Egyptian rifles - AKM & AKMS "Misr"
May 14, 2017

The AKM (Russian: 'Modernized Automatic Kalashnikov') is a 7.62mm assault rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is a common modernized variant of the AK-47 rifle. Introduced into service with the Soviet Army in 1959, the AKM is the most ubiquitous variant of the entire AK series of firearms and it has found widespread use as well as being widely exported and produced in many other countries.
The Misr is an Egyptian copy of the AKM, manufactured in Cairo for the Egyptian Army and for export sales.
3658c0_d099e6ca73e44fd0b2b9a252ef967638%7Emv2.jpg

Compared to the AK-47, the AKM features detail improvements and enhancements that optimized the rifle for mass production. Notably, the AK-47's milled steel receiver was replaced by a U-shaped steel stamping. As a result of these modifications, the AKM’s weight was reduced by 1 kg (2.2 lb), the accuracy during automatic fire was increased and several reliability issues were addressed.
3658c0_f788435e9e0c4585b73d919fdf090047%7Emv2.jpg

The main variant of the AKM is the AKMS (S – Skladnoy – Folding), which was equipped with an under-folding metal shoulder stock in place of the fixed wooden stock. The metal stock of the AKMS is somewhat different from the folding stock of the previous AKS-47 model as it has a modified locking mechanism, which locks both support arms of the AKMS stock instead of just one (left arm) as in the AKS-47 folding model.

pohf-egyptian-misr-full-lead.jpg

Last edited:

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

No SCALP, and even less Meteor.

To fire METEOR you need a F3R variant. It's not the egyptian case : F3-O4T.... It's possible to upgrade it, but it's not done.

An amphibious landing means the usage of the Mistrals without a doubt. So I think most of us are still wondering what they're doing and which way they're leaning in installing a CIWS for both LHDs. That seems to be a much bigger priority as they don't seem to be getting anywhere with that and the Avengers (which was and is a brilliant temporary setup) is still on the two ships and so that means that not only a missile defense system is not installed, but neither is a fast firing CIWS like the Phalanx or any other installed either.

Those two combined with what they've done with the satellite communications systems that the French removed or they weren't in there in the first place (can't imagine France selling Russia the French NATO SAT Comms systems lol) so I'm guessing there never was and the agreement was that Egypt was to use it's own satellite systems which are also part of the Italian mega deal package, even though Egypt already has its own Military satellites for military comms but we know nothing about the system being fully functional in the Mistral yet or not. And that is a SUPER critical aspect of those two ships. So between their defensive systems and Sat Comms, we need to know that those are taken care of and tested several times over prior to thinking about any type of amphibious landings.

Also, another important factor that needs to be considered for amphibious landings is the helo package. I know the EAF and EN have great helos between the attack versions and troop transport as well as logistical, but the maritime-specific attack helos that are supposed to equip the Mistrals are still not even put into a deal yet. Yes they have the 50 Ka-52 Nile Crocodiles, but those don't have the folding rotors so they can't be brought down below deck and so that means only 8 of them can be carried above deck. Now that number gets reduced because you need troop transport helos also as well as SAR helos and that latter of all of those has just been arriving in the AW-139s/149s that the EAF just ordered. So the SARs (and possibly light transport) are just arriving in Egypt and so training and all that stuff still has a long way to go before any well-planned amphibious landing can be performed at all.

So putting all of that together (and there is more too lol) it's hard to think of any neat artillery and ground softening pre-amphibious landing operations TBH. But it sounds and looks good. I believe there is already something similar in the Egyptian Navy ships.
images

These will provide protection to the 2 Mistrale.. Till they are equipped with their defensive and offensive weapons..and even after that..

Back
Top Bottom