What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

How come?

When on July 9, 2018
France Receives US OK for Export of Scalp Missiles to Egypt

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/22882/France_Receives_US_OK_for_Export_of_Scalp_Missiles_to_Egypt
Strange....
I think US gave their OK after MBDA solved the problem by bypassing the US component by a european one....
And once again, no SCALP order firmed so far.

A march 2019 news from a very famous economic french newspaper.

" Le coup a été violent pour MBDA et, plus généralement, pour la France et son industrie de défense. D'autant plus violent que ce coup a été porté par un allié, les Etats-Unis qui bloquent depuis plus d'un an l'exportation d'un composant du Scalp vers l'Egypte, l'armée de l'air égyptienne souhaitant équiper ses avions de combat de ce missile de croisière. Une décision qui a entraîné le blocage d'une nouvelle commande du Rafale en Egypte." = "The blow was violent for MBDA and, more generally, for France and its defense industry. All the more violent as this blow was struck by an ally, the United States, which for more than a year has blocked the export of a component of the Scalp to Egypt, the Egyptian air force wishing equip its combat aircraft with this cruise missile. A decision which led to the blocking of a new Rafale order in Egypt"

Last edited:
Either Su-57 I guess or J-31 if it reaches production. Maybe even both for Hi-Low stealth combination.
fc-31v2-31003-full-ab-20200906-jpg.667280

You know, no matter what side of the field you're on, you can't help but be truly impressed by what China has been able to do between the J-20 and this thing. They've even made some pretty radical changes in the shape from the original prototype to this one here, but the fact that they've whipped up those 5th generation aircraft in the short time they did is nothing short of remarkable. This is another reason why I've always wondered why Egypt never got involved in anything like this even 20 years ago for a 4th generation aircraft. Granted China has extensive experience of 7 decades or more, but we were on the table back in the 60s and could pick up the slack with more ease than most who never did anything. But yu gotta hand it to China and its success in military aviation.

Definitely. It does look like it might be missing one more accent color, though. Maybe when the insignia are painted on, that will complete the look.

AIO should produce an ACOG type sight and issue it to front line forces in my opinion. Might be expensive, but Egypt is buying Holographic sights for 500+ dollars each and magnifiers but are employing foreign workers and not putting the money back into the economy, and developing the industry.

Last edited:
AIO should produce an ACOG type sight and issue it to front line forces in my opinion. Might be expensive, but Egypt is buying Holographic sights for 500+ dollars each and magnifiers but are employing foreign workers and not putting the money back into the economy, and developing the industry.

Especially when these guys in particular (Rapid Deployment Forces) are issued SIG 516s as their standard rifle and it's a beauty. They need a forward grip at the least to go with those great bang bangs and have a local sight built that is just as good as any one of the imports like you said and I believe it would be for a lot less and equip them with those two additional yet critical items to make a huge difference.

1920px-SIG_SG_516_14.5%E2%80%B3.jpg

Especially when these guys in particular (Rapid Deployment Forces) are issued SIG 516s as their standard rifle and it's a beauty. They need a forward grip at the least to go with those great bang bangs and have a local sight built that is just as good as any one of the imports like you said and I believe it would be for a lot less and equip them with those two additional yet critical items to make a huge difference.

1920px-SIG_SG_516_14.5%E2%80%B3.jpg
I would have preferred Egypt used Caracal rifle considering their tested in a desert environment and are made by a close ally. I would have liked licensed production in the factory that still produces Maadi. Imagine an offset agreement where AIO supplied optics for UAE guns, and Egyptian guns at the same time. Simply, there is not enough cooperation sadly.

1599612630132.png

I would have preferred Egypt used Caracal rifle considering their tested in a desert environment and are made by a close ally. I would have liked licensed production in the factory that still produces Maadi. Imagine an offset agreement where AIO supplied optics for UAE guns, and Egyptian guns at the same time. Simply, there is not enough cooperation sadly.

View attachment 668191

And you know what they did to make those, right? They basically took the good old AR-15 and made 3 slightly different versions of it and called them the CAR 814, 815 & 816 all with slight variations like length of barrel and rails etc. How easy was that? lol.

Most of these are basically all derivatives of the M-4 really when you get down to it. They all took the M-4 and made slight modifications and variations and called it SIG or whatever.

But really when you look at the armed forces, each branch has its own MG and they stick to them even the smaller submachine guns the special police forces use are all standardized across each group and their tasks. And the grunts are left with the AKs which is fine by me TBH. I actually like the way they've organized the rifle distribution among the forces. At first glance it might look like it's a mishmash of all types within all branches but it's not. Each group is assigned its particular rifle and they stick to it.

And you know what they did to make those, right? They basically took the good old AR-15 and made 3 slightly different versions of it and called them the CAR 814, 815 & 816 all with slight variations like length of barrel and rails etc. How easy was that? lol.

Most of these are basically all derivatives of the M-4 really when you get down to it. They all took the M-4 and made slight modifications and variations and called it SIG or whatever.

But really when you look at the armed forces, each branch has its own MG and they stick to them even the smaller submachine guns the special police forces use are all standardized across each group and their tasks. And the grunts are left with the AKs which is fine by me TBH. I actually like the way they've organized the rifle distribution among the forces. At first glance it might look like it's a mishmash of all types within all branches but it's not. Each group is assigned its particular rifle and they stick to it.
Well the designers of the gun are the same who designed HK416, so I think this is a cheaper improved version of it. Also the Car 816 uses Gas piston I think and Car 814 uses rotating bolt That part of it is very different from M4, and M-16 in my opinion.

1599617468402.png

View attachment 668191

I’d give the border guards Sig516 and have ARX-160 as a standard rifle. I heard we were to locally produce them? If so then let’s hope it’s soon or we’ll have them when they get old lol.

Yep, and it won’t be hard at all especially for an organization that deals with high tech optics but as others they aren’t open minded.
Mind that Egypt can have some finance by selling the AKM piles to anyone.
If Egypt, UAE, Jordan and KSA were to have a joint military doctrine they could have at the very least Caracals, Egyptian bullet proof suits, AOI optronics, Egypt as an ammo factory, ST-100/500, Tariq missiles, UAE JDAMs, spares shared between their Air Forces and all have a good terrain to test any weapons (the Nile Delta, the sandy deserts and the rocky ones) each being capable of sending all types of aircraft to all bases in the coalition, can have France and the US as secondary members, can put enormous pressure on any foreign supplier to agree on certain terms.

Well the designers of the gun are the same who designed HK416, so I think this is a cheaper improved version of it. Also the Car 816 uses Gas piston I think and Car 814 uses rotating bolt That part of it is very different from M4, and M-16 in my opinion.

View attachment 668201

Same with the AR-15. Comes in either or, and it was pretty much based on the solid M4 Carbine and if you really look at all these manufacturers, they've all copied the general body of the M4 receiver and then modified the stock and barrel from there with little difference in the sites etc. AR-15 is a blast to fire. Very accurate and manageable recoil.

Either way, they should set them all up just like this one.

EgWHhxjX0AE32J8

I believe that was from when the Cypriot forces came to Egypt last year to exercise together and the sniper teams exchanged equipment for a couple firings since the FN Scar is not part of the Egyptian firearms inventory and looks rather boxy, but nice desert camo on it.

Saw this pic today of an Egyptian M1A1 beast.

EheHl9aWkAEduf3

What are you guys expecting new in EDEX 2020? I expect a new radar, and a new vehicle from IMUT at the bare minimum.

a new vehicle from IMUT at the bare minimum.
I actually said that in page 417 lol.
I believe Lockheed will offer something significant - it’ll be pointless if they offer the same Viper they did in 2018.
I hope we’ll get to see a new tank offered (European), maybe a Sinai APC, Eurofighters? I doubt. Maybe a new submarine offer from Germany...
There are companies like ‘Capital Masr’ ‘Hegazy’ whom I never heard of. But I believe EDEX 2020 will impress us nonetheless.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom