What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

There are some very important moves concerning the Egyptian armed forces that have to be attributed to Sisi:
There are important measures that Sisi took in the main restructuring of the Egyptian armed forces, from a comprehensive restructuring of the organization at its organizational level.
An example of this is what has been done in the navy, from the conversion of one Egyptian fleet to two fleets, each of them stronger than the original fleet. Also, The joining of the second and third armies to each other under a unified command to form the first corps within the Egyptian army, consisting of two field armies. Then he raised the competence, strength, and ability of the military central region and added to it the Mobile Rapid Intervention Division, to change it from a military area to a field army made up of three complete Divisions.
Thus, the Egyptian armed forces, for the first time in its history, is operating naval forces consisting of two completely separate fleets. Doubling its strength.
For the first time, the concept of the Corp will be incorporated into the armed forces. It includes two armies.
For the first time, Egypt will have a mobilization formation the size of a field army totally free to support or move outside the state’s umbrella. It is the army of the central region.
Hence Egypt has already doubled its armed strength. And it has several armies and formations..

Last edited:
Why don't you look for that TV announcement on the official Egyptian TV..and see 29 for yourself instead of arguing here!?
Or you have a better source saying 26?
Yes I do .. and haven't you been posting my threads on here after borrowing it from defense-arab.com ?

Egyptian F-16s are useless without BVRs missiles.
Indeed, better plan is to sell f-16s to Pak or Jordon after american approval and heading to Chinese j-10c.

Egyptian F-16 are used as ground attack planes. Egypt's fighter jets are only MiG-29 and Rafale.
the alphajet can do the same role.

Yes I do .. and haven't you been posting my threads on here after borrowing it from defense-arab.com ?
And do you have a problem with that? What threads do you have anywhere?

The sources are all over the net.. Are you borrowing from the net or just stupid?

Egyptian F-16s are useless without BVRs missiles.
They have a 70km bvr missile.. the AIM-120 is effective t that range too not at 120 km..

I know, my bro. It sucks for sure, but easy to ignore just like Nirgili said. If any group of people have it the worst, it's the Indian folks lol. So if they can do it, we should be able to as well.

Well said, as usual.

So according to Zakupki, Russia has announced the official tender of 26 Su-35 Flanker-E to the Egyptian Air Force with a supply of specific electronic equipment for the jet fighters with the first 2 platforms arriving by the end of this year 2020.
https://zakupki.gov.ru/223/purchase...4440&purchaseId=9434944&purchaseMethodType=IS

Will be really cool to see them and hopefully we'll get some early images of them under construction or during test flights like they did with the MiG-35s.

egypt_su-_1589532562.jpg

Manufacture of Su-35 fighter jets for Egypt has commenced at the JSC Sukhoi factory in Komsomolsk sur Amour in the Russian Far East the first of which is scheduled for delivery at the end of this year.

According to a report in Menadefence, an aircraft with serial number 0641 is currently being assembled at the JSC Sukhoi factory as part of a contract execution for Egypt. It has published a photograph showing an aircraft in the assembly plant but it could not be ascertained if this was definitely a Su-35 assembly line for Egypt.

The publication also gave a reference no: CAIRO / N / AF / ROSOBORONEXPORT / 2018/10 (P / 1781811151143) of 19/03/2018, which it said was the title reference of the contract between Egypt and Russia for the supply of a number of Su-35 fighters.

In addition, a Russian website dealing with defence tenders has published a call for bids to supply electronic and connector equipment for the completion of the contract with Egypt, Menadefence said again without any attribution.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...of_Su_35_Jets_for_Egypt__Reports#.Xr6ecIGEbqs

^^ Very nice, SC.

How about this rare beauty? :-)

View attachment 632773
My wish list includes 50 SU-35 fighters, with an increase in the number of that MiG-35 beauty to 100 upgraded by AESA radar and Rafale up to 72, and keep the Falcon For ground attack only, while protected by the field mobile air defence..

Last edited:

Indeed, better plan is to sell f-16s to Pak or Jordon after american approval and heading to Chinese j-10c.

the alphajet can do the same role.
we are ready if u want to sell

Some more MiG-35.

d2799e96-03bc-11ea-ac52-fa163e074e61_1200.jpg

Egypt_counters_Turkey_with_massive_military_exercises_along_Libyan_border-02.jpg

EAF MiG Driver. Should be very close to the Su-35 pilot's equipment although I don't think the helmet-mounted sight clip on these MiG helmets will be on the Su-35 since they'll have the incredibly powerful Irbis-E radar which uses wider scanning plane than the Zhuk-ME in the MiGs and a different weapon's lock on system from what I understand.

EOWxS9WX0AMuFVI

EOWxTfaXUAAuj5h

Compared to the F-16 Driver

EOWxRy8WsAAF-9s

And compared to the Rafale Driver's equipment.

EOWxSWpWsAUskdn

5X MiG-35
4X Rafale
2X F-16
Then eventually the Su-35 MY GOODNESS how on earth will they ever manage such a variety of makes and models!!! looooool :lol: :enjoy:

EOWY6wcXUAID6Kr

MiG-35, F-16 and Ka-52s flying overhead.

EO6W0mvX0AEiOoP

@The SC @Amun or @vostok any idea what that munition is hanging off this EAF Ka-52 Nile Crocodile?

EPoXDqvX0AEMeoW

Apaches, Crocodiles and a single Chinook on a Mistral. Click pic to enlarge.

EPEDy1tXsAUstcb

Can anyone identify the two flanking aircraft flying on the side of the C-130 and Hawkeye?

EOv6SuaX0AA3tEX

Lots more Crocodiles.

EOLo0R9W4AEKcXr

Even more in a nice lineup with Apaches.

EOWk6AGXsAAd7Ki

Egyptian National TV announces the procurement of 29 SU-35

Some more MiG-35.

d2799e96-03bc-11ea-ac52-fa163e074e61_1200.jpg

View attachment 632995
EAF MiG Driver. Should be very close to the Su-35 pilot's equipment although I don't think the helmet-mounted sight clip on these MiG helmets will be on the Su-35 since they'll have the incredibly powerful Irbis-E radar which uses wider scanning plane than the Zhuk-ME in the MiGs and a different weapon's lock on system from what I understand.

EOWxS9WX0AMuFVI

EOWxTfaXUAAuj5h

Compared to the F-16 Driver

EOWxRy8WsAAF-9s

And compared to the Rafale Driver's equipment.

EOWxSWpWsAUskdn

5X MiG-35
4X Rafale
2X F-16
Then eventually the Su-35 MY GOODNESS how on earth will they ever manage such a variety of makes and models!!! looooool :lol: :enjoy:

EOWY6wcXUAID6Kr

MiG-35, F-16 and Ka-52s flying overhead.

EO6W0mvX0AEiOoP

@The SC @Amun or @vostok any idea what that munition is hanging off this EAF Ka-52 Nile Crocodile?

EPoXDqvX0AEMeoW

Apaches, Crocodiles and a single Chinook on a Mistral. Click pic to enlarge.

EPEDy1tXsAUstcb

Can anyone identify the two flanking aircraft flying on the side of the C-130 and Hawkeye?

EOv6SuaX0AA3tEX

Lots more Crocodiles.

EOLo0R9W4AEKcXr

Even more in a nice lineup with Apaches.

EOWk6AGXsAAd7Ki
That munition on the EAF K-52 Nile Crocodile is a long range missile was codenamed "item 305"
https://tass.com/defense/1066655

EMI56V6UUAAuZha

Last edited:
SC ya Ma'alem! Hard to define what a modernization of an air force this has been! :tup: The MiG numbers are great and hopefully the Su-35s will follow suit as far as quantities are concerned, unless we somehow start seeing something called the Typhoon show up! :enjoy: I'm glad the SCALPs were resolved (if we're to believe the info from Sipri) and that adds considerably to the armament of this fleet if the number is at 50. It also begs the question as to further purchases of the cruise missiles when the need arises as they get used up. That's a bit of an unknown ATM, but one can only deduce that it's not a one-time purchase. And speaking of these long-range weapons, it will be very interesting to see the package that comes with the Su-35s and along with exhausting all and every single diplomatic venue with Ethiopia as well as the recent warming up with Sudan, if we will be seeing some action geared towards the dam. Perhaps this recent engagement with Sudan is a prelude to being able to use either airspace or even a launch site that would easily reduce the distance.
A part from the well known Air to Air missiles.. the SU-35 can carry the following..

Tactical air-to-surface missiles:

KH-29 missile, a tactical anti-installations, fortifications, smashing aircraft and also ships. It has a warhead of 320 kg, which is highly destructive and has a range of 10 - 12 km. There are 4 versions of it:

KH-29D infrared missile.

Kh-29L-Kedge-2S.jpg
KH-29ML

KH-29T missile is tele-guided..has a range of 30 km.
Su-35-Kh-29TE-KnAAPO-1S.jpg

KH-29TE

Kh-29TE-Kedge-1S.jpg

Kh-29L

Kh-29L+Kh-29T-1S.jpg

The newly produced Kh-38 tactical anti-ground missile as a replacement for the old Kh-25 missile, which features a highly destructive warhead of 250 kg and has a range of 40 km and has 4 versions:
Kh-38MLE/MAE/MTE/MKE​

Kh-38-ASM-Mockup+Kh-25MP-1S.jpg

Kh-38MAE missile with active radar guidance.

Kh-38MKE satellite guided missile.

‌Kh-38MLE laser guided missile.

Kh-38MTE infrared guided missile.

The weapon is being offered in a range of distinct variants:
  • Kh-38MLE with inertial midcourse and semi active laser terminal homing guidance.
  • Kh-38MAE with inertial midcourse and active radar terminal homing guidance.
  • Kh-38MTE with inertial midcourse and thermal imaging terminal homing guidance.
  • Kh-38MKE with satellite aided inertial midcourse guidance.
Warhead options include a blast-fragmentation type or penetrator type for all variants, and a submunition dispenser type for the satellite aided inertially guided Kh-38MKE. Anti-radar missiles:

The KH-31P air-to-surface anti-radar missile is guided by passive radar (depends on tracking anti-radar waves) and inertial navigation has a range of 110 km.

Kh-31P/PK/PD/A/AD​

The Mach 4.5 ramjet Kh-31 / AS-17 Krypton family of missiles includes anti-radiation, anti-shipping and claimed anti-AWACS variants. Reports claim the PRC intends to licence build this weapon, depicted with an Su-30KN prototype (KNAAPO).

Dubbed the 'Mini-Moskit', the supersonic Turayev ramjet powered Kh-31P (AS-17 Krypton) was originally designed as an anti-radiation missile to suppress NATO Patriot and I-Hawk batteries, entering use in 1988.
Irkut-Su-30KN-Kh-31P-1.jpg

The KH-58 missile has the following versions:

Kh-58E/U/Kh-58UShKE​

KH-58U anti-radar and inertial navigational missile then passive radar with a range of 250 km.

KH-58UShK is distinguished by the new and revolutionary Passive Seeker passive radar radar researcher at the frequency of 1.2 - 11 GHz to detect emissions of all types of hostile radars, and it has a highly destructive warhead weighing 149 kg and has a range of 76 km - 245 km depending on the launch height of the fighter and has a speed Its maximum flight is 4200 km / h and is determined to strike in a radius of no more than 10 meters from the target in its center.

KH-58UShK IIR missile has the same specifications but was distinguished by an additional researcher - next to the passive researcher - dual-band infrared and UV radiation to monitor the radar station electrically and thermally in case it is closed to the radar or used for intermittent Pulsing Mode.

The current production Kh-58E export variant has a range of 200 km, subject to launch conditions, and likely employs the engine developed for the Kh-58U. The weapon has been integrated on the new MiG-31BM Foxhound variant.
An anti-shipping variant equipped with an active radar seeker is also offered..

The latest export variant offered is the Kh-58UShKE, which is slightly shorter than the Kh-58E, uses shorter span wings, and has a range of up to 245 km. It is equipped with a new wideband seeker design capable of acquiring emitters operating between 1.2 and 11 GHz, and can also home on CW (continuous wave) emitters in one band.

KTRV-Kh-58UShKE-VVK-1S.jpg

Cruise missiles Stand-off Missiles:

KH-59ME mobile anti-ground missile and marine targets fixed on a television camera, with a range of 115 km.

The Raduga Kh-59 Ovod / AS-13 Kingbolt was developed to provide a standoff weapon capable of operating in heavily jammed environments. It is a direct equivalent to the AGM-142 Popeye series of standoff weapons carried by Israeli F-16Cs, US B-52H and Australian F-111C. Club-A version 3M14AE anti-ground missile, inertial and then satellite, and has a highly destructive warhead weighing 450 kg and a range of 300 km.

000-Kh-59M-R-27-1S.jpg

KH-59MK2 missile is a mobile anti-inertial guided land-based guided missile and an active radar with an electro-optical system to identify the target and increase the accuracy of the injury with an error rate of 3 - 5 meters. It has a range of 285 km and is with a speed of sound codon and is launched from an altitude of 200-11 thousand meters at a flying speed of 550-1100 km / h with a maximum limit.

Su-30MK+Kh-59ME-KnAAPO-1S.jpg

Anti-ship missiles:

The KH-31AD anti-ship missile guided by inertial navigation and active radar flies with a system adjacent to the sea surface to avoid detection Sea Skimming has a range of 160 km and has a warhead weighing 110 kg and its ultrasonic speed.
The Kh-31AD is a stretched extended range variant of the Kh-31A with an enlarged warhead. The improved Leninetz ARGS-31E active seeker can acquire over a wider field of regard and operates in sea states 4 to 5.

Su-30MK+Kh-31P-KnAAPO-2S.jpg

KH-35UE air-to-ship anti-ship missile with a range of 260 km, which includes an INS system + GPS / GLONASS satellite navigation + Passive Radar Homing and Active Radar Homing, which starts operating at a distance of 50 km from the target With the possibility of providing it with the coordinates of any other friendly platforms such as fighters, ships, submarines, helicopters or drones, it has a super explosive, fragmented warhead that weighs 145 kg, and flies at an altitude of 10-15 meters above the sea level and then drops to only 4 meters in a stage The last flight before hitting the target from a distance of 50 km.
On the Nile Alligator too..

wincou1jloay.jpg

KH-59MK anti-ship missile is guided by inertial navigation and then active radar, with a range of 285 km and flies at an altitude of 10-15 meters above sea level and drops to 4-7 meters in the last stage before hitting the target.

Kh-59MK-Kazoo-ASCM-1S.jpg
Club-A

1024px-Kh-59MK2_missile_at_MAKS-2015_02.jpg

3M54AE Kaliber anti-ship missile guided by inertial navigation and then active radar with a range of 200 km and has a warhead weighing 200 kg and launches without sound and then turns to ultrasonic speed in the final stage before hitting the target.

1280px-3M-54E_missile_MAKS2009.jpg

3M54AE1 anti-ship missile guided by inertial navigation and then active radar with a range of 300 km and possesses a highly destructive warhead weighing 400 kg and speed without sound, and is used against cruisers and aircraft carriers.

1024px-3M-54E1.jpg

P-800 Oniks / Yakhont missile with a range of 300 km and possesses an inertial navigation system then the active / passive radar and which operates before reaching a distance of 50 km and has a heavy warhead weighing 250 kg and has immense immunity against electronic jamming High density, and since the missile weighs 3 tons and reaches a length of 8.9 meters, only the Sukhoi can carry it with only 1.

yakhont-770x385@2x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom