What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Confirmation of the SU-35 contract by Combat aircraft Journal..

AIR_Su35b_KnAAPO_Pic_lg.jpg

How many Jets Egypt will buy ????
It has bought ..already.. 29.. this number was announced by the official Egyptian Television channel in 2018.. at the same time with the Mig-35 and the S-300VM..Rafale, Gowind, Mistrals and so on..

Last edited:
Hey fellas. Nice to see this thread keeping up, and nice work on that last few pages. :-) Saw this pic the other day and thought it was worth the share.

EAF F-16D block 40 from 262 Tactical Fighter Wing flying with LANTIRN navigation & targetting pod on portside pylon and what looks to be a HARM targeting pod on starboard, but no visible weapons. Could be for a training exercise only. Also looks like they use the gun quite a bit.

9803.jpg

Division of the Egyptian Northern Fleet .
9ee28cce-10a1-4ef4-931d-5a51eafe2e54-jpeg.630037

Ya sa3at el beh Amun! Great to see them using the apaches and the Ka-52s much more often on the mistrals lately. Just have to wash them down a lot more than usual to keep the airborne salt off of them. Having quite a bit of experience with boats on ocean water, I can tell you there is nothing worst than the salt environment as far as speeding up the corrosion of metals and the impact it also has on fluids and lubricants etc. A real son of *****! lol

What I love about these Ambassadors is that they were custom made for specific use for the EN and being the sole operator of them. Helwa awi.

SC ya Ma'alem! Hard to define what a modernization of an air force this has been! :tup: The MiG numbers are great and hopefully the Su-35s will follow suit as far as quantities are concerned, unless we somehow start seeing something called the Typhoon show up! :enjoy: I'm glad the SCALPs were resolved (if we're to believe the info from Sipri) and that adds considerably to the armament of this fleet if the number is at 50. It also begs the question as to further purchases of the cruise missiles when the need arises as they get used up. That's a bit of an unknown ATM, but one can only deduce that it's not a one-time purchase. And speaking of these long-range weapons, it will be very interesting to see the package that comes with the Su-35s and along with exhausting all and every single diplomatic venue with Ethiopia as well as the recent warming up with Sudan, if we will be seeing some action geared towards the dam. Perhaps this recent engagement with Sudan is a prelude to being able to use either airspace or even a launch site that would easily reduce the distance.

Hey fellas. Nice to see this thread keeping up, and nice work on that last few pages. :-) Saw this pic the other day and thought it was worth the share.

EAF F-16D block 40 from 262 Tactical Fighter Wing flying with LANTIRN navigation & targetting pod on portside pylon and what looks to be a HARM targeting pod on starboard, but no visible weapons. Could be for a training exercise only. Also looks like they use the gun quite a bit.

9803.jpg

Ya sa3at el beh Amun! Great to see them using the apaches and the Ka-52s much more often on the mistrals lately. Just have to wash them down a lot more than usual to keep the airborne salt off of them. Having quite a bit of experience with boats on ocean water, I can tell you there is nothing worst than the salt environment as far as speeding up the corrosion of metals and the impact it also has on fluids and lubricants etc. A real son of *****! lol

What I love about these Ambassadors is that they were custom made for specific use for the EN and being the sole operator of them. Helwa awi.

SC ya Ma'alem! Hard to define what a modernization of an air force this has been! :tup: The MiG numbers are great and hopefully the Su-35s will follow suit as far as quantities are concerned, unless we somehow start seeing something called the Typhoon show up! :enjoy: I'm glad the SCALPs were resolved (if we're to believe the info from Sipri) and that adds considerably to the armament of this fleet if the number is at 50. It also begs the question as to further purchases of the cruise missiles when the need arises as they get used up. That's a bit of an unknown ATM, but one can only deduce that it's not a one-time purchase. And speaking of these long-range weapons, it will be very interesting to see the package that comes with the Su-35s and along with exhausting all and every single diplomatic venue with Ethiopia as well as the recent warming up with Sudan, if we will be seeing some action geared towards the dam. Perhaps this recent engagement with Sudan is a prelude to being able to use either airspace or even a launch site that would easily reduce the distance.

Habibi, welcome back buddy.

9803.jpg

Hey buddy!
A lot of interesting stuff going on..Still to see the start of production of the T-90MS.. the Drones with Belarus..The MEKO-200 and the Italian FREMM and OPVs or FACs all are coming with TOT .. that is a very big step forward..
The SU-35 on its own is a fantastic leap.. And I can only see 12 more Rafale -for now-..although hope for more.. And the Typhoon is not sure yet but it can be a very good addition..since it complements the Rafale in Air combat on high and very high altitudes..while the Rafale is very powerful in low and very low altitudes..As for the SCALP..I guess Italy can provide it too if that $10 billion deal is realised..The Mig-35s and the SU-35 ..I have no doubt they will come with everything possible..Still waiting for news about the Mistral Equipments and the K-52Katran..

Last edited:

9803.jpg

welcome back dear ....:yahoo:
I’m really exhausted from being here .... for all hostilities we are facing here in PDF ...:(

I’m really exhausted from being here .... for all hostilities we are facing here in PDF ...:(

Take a break always as you need to, and focus as much as you can on people that are worth it...rather than the whole crowd (and specific negativity some have specifically to you/country) as you need to.

welcome back dear ....:yahoo:

I know, my bro. It sucks for sure, but easy to ignore just like Nirgili said. If any group of people have it the worst, it's the Indian folks lol. So if they can do it, we should be able to as well.

Take a break always as you need to, and focus as much as you can on people that are worth it...rather than the whole crowd (and specific negativity some have specifically to you/country) as you need to.

Well said, as usual.

Hey buddy!
A lot of interesting stuff going on..Still to see the start of production of the T-90MS.. the Drones with Belarus..The MEKO-200 and the Italian FREMM and OPVs or FACs all are coming with TOT .. that is a very big step forward..
The SU-35 on its own is fantastic leap.. And I can only see 12 more Rafale -for now-..although hope for more.. And the Typhoon is not sure yet but it can be a very good addition..since it complements the Rafale in Air combat on high and very high altitudes..while the Rafale is very powerful in low and very low altitudes..As for the SCALP..I guess Italy can provide it too if that $10 billion deal is realised..The Mig-35s and the SU-35 ..I have no doubt they will come with everything possible..Still waiting for news about the Mistral Equipments and the K-52Katran..

So according to Zakupki, Russia has announced the official tender of 26 Su-35 Flanker-E to the Egyptian Air Force with a supply of specific electronic equipment for the jet fighters with the first 2 platforms arriving by the end of this year 2020.
https://zakupki.gov.ru/223/purchase...4440&purchaseId=9434944&purchaseMethodType=IS

Will be really cool to see them and hopefully we'll get some early images of them under construction or during test flights like they did with the MiG-35s.

26 not 29
Why don't you look for that TV announcement on the official Egyptian TV..and see 29 for yourself instead of arguing here!?
Or you have a better source saying 26?

So according to Zakupki, Russia has announced the official tender of 26 Su-35 Flanker-E to the Egyptian Air Force with a supply of specific electronic equipment for the jet fighters with the first 2 platforms arriving by the end of this year 2020.
https://zakupki.gov.ru/223/purchase...4440&purchaseId=9434944&purchaseMethodType=IS

Will be really cool to see them and hopefully we'll get some early images of them under construction or during test flights like they did with the MiG-35s.
Other official Russians said it was in production already..So we'll see the tests for sure ..I guess the Egyptian pilots and technicians are in training now as we speak..

Egyptian TV said 29 SU-35..I believe it .. since Russia always throws in few extra planes for Egypt as a friendly gesture.. like Mig-35 only 46 were announced officially but Russia gave 6 extra ones.. So 52 in total....I guess it is their insurance policy with their best strategic allies and friends..

egypt_su-_1589532562.jpg

Manufacture of Su-35 fighter jets for Egypt has commenced at the JSC Sukhoi factory in Komsomolsk sur Amour in the Russian Far East the first of which is scheduled for delivery at the end of this year.

According to a report in Menadefence, an aircraft with serial number 0641 is currently being assembled at the JSC Sukhoi factory as part of a contract execution for Egypt. It has published a photograph showing an aircraft in the assembly plant but it could not be ascertained if this was definitely a Su-35 assembly line for Egypt.

The publication also gave a reference no: CAIRO / N / AF / ROSOBORONEXPORT / 2018/10 (P / 1781811151143) of 19/03/2018, which it said was the title reference of the contract between Egypt and Russia for the supply of a number of Su-35 fighters.

In addition, a Russian website dealing with defence tenders has published a call for bids to supply electronic and connector equipment for the completion of the contract with Egypt, Menadefence said again without any attribution.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...of_Su_35_Jets_for_Egypt__Reports#.Xr6ecIGEbqs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom