What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

No sadly not, it was French made but there is huge opportunity to make space center like UAE which made this satellite which took this picture.

khalifasat-image.jpg
No matter Important is Egypt need military satellites

Completely made by Egypt?:woot:

No, it's commissioned by the Egyptian Military and built by a cooperative effort between Airbus and Thales TAS. It was just delivered to French Guiana on Oct. 16th to get ready for launching. It's due to stay in orbit for 15 years. A lot of the Egyptian military is comprised of components from both, Airbus but particularly Thales on the military side.

A few nice shots of the Gamal Abdel Nasser showing up in France for some scheduled exercises. Notice the continuing use of the Avenger as a temporary defense system?

EH-wzFzXUAICNdX.jpg

EH-wzFzWwAAdNuo.jpg

EH-wzFzX0AUmZ-z.jpg

EH-wzF6XUAEKvQk.jpg

Might as well add a few more.

EH-xRHvX4AA76_M.jpg

EH-xRH0WsAE2Bv_.jpg

Last edited:
No, it's commissioned by the Egyptian Military and built by a cooperative effort between Airbus and Thales TAS. It was just delivered to French Guiana on Oct. 16th to get ready for launching. It's due to stay in orbit for 15 years. A lot of the Egyptian military is comprised of components from both, Airbus but particularly Thales on the military side.

A few nice shots of the Gamal Abdel Nasser showing up in France for some scheduled exercises. Notice the continuing use of the Avenger as a temporary defense system?

EH-wzFzXUAICNdX.jpg

EH-wzFzWwAAdNuo.jpg

EH-wzFzX0AUmZ-z.jpg

EH-wzF6XUAEKvQk.jpg
Is there any way a larger ad system could be integrated?

Is there any way a larger ad system could be integrated?

I'm not sure what the issue is with taking their sweet time integrating the proper CIWS system but I'm sure it has something to do with negotiating a proper price for the Russian system. I think the problem is that they're trying to include all the Katrans in the deal and that's complicating things because of course that's A LOT more money. In the meantime, I'd like to see them start landing some KA-52s and use them on a limited basis so they don't have to worry about all the salt and all that. But get a head start on what is supposedly the identical maritime version that will be used. The only other bigger AD system they can use on a temporary basis is the TOR/BUK but I'm guessing those are much more complicated to integrate to a certain extent with the current mistrals EW system. They need to mount a western version for now and really the only option is the Avenger.

I'm not sure what the issue is with taking their sweet time integrating the proper CIWS system but I'm sure it has something to do with negotiating a proper price for the Russian system. I think the problem is that they're trying to include all the Katrans in the deal and that's complicating things because of course that's A LOT more money. In the meantime, I'd like to see them start landing some KA-52s and use them on a limited basis so they don't have to worry about all the salt and all that. But get a head start on what is supposedly the identical maritime version that will be used. The only other bigger AD system they can use on a temporary basis is the TOR/BUK but I'm guessing those are much more complicated to integrate to a certain extent with the current mistrals EW system. They need to mount a western version for now and really the only option is the Avenger.
Will Egypt ever make their own SAM? Is it possible with past experience?

Will Egypt ever make their own SAM? Is it possible with past experience?

Surprised they haven't already? With all the experience they have, they should easily be able to produce their own SAMs and even A2G and A2A. What's the hold-up? Mistrust is the problem IMO which is setting us back considerably in that department.

Some nice pictures with description, will be appreciated. :-)

Any military equipment, indeed.
I hope Egypt, and Pakistan can develop joint weapons in the future. Pakistan can offer a lot in general, and Egypt is also developing some niche high tech systems like long range radars. Turkey can obviously offer a lot more, but regardless there is opportunity for joint projects.

Would it be possible for Egypt to reverse engineer the design of current missiles systems in service? Then replace electronics with newer equivalents from countries like South Africa for example developing active radar homing seeker for Umkhonto-R.

For example, using the Hawk missiles existing body, motor, and new electronics would be much easier than developing a missile from scratch.
5335008345_a82a8b3a4c_b.jpg

Then, integrate them with indigenous radars and connect them to a layered network for engagement and you would be able to take on 21st century threats and export the system.

100995.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom