What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I have found evidence that Egypt is receiving TOT for Chinese radar YLC-6M apparently
@LKJ86
@beijingwalker

It seems Egypt locally produces it even recently and probably has most of the tech from China.

Is it a good radar? Will China give a lot of tech, or is it just assembling?

There is also another radar which seems like an offshoot of AN/TPS-63 which Egypt gained knowledge from and eventually was able to produce 90% of the radar.

@Amun

Last edited:

Would it be possible for Egypt to reverse engineer the design of current missiles systems in service? Then replace electronics with newer equivalents from countries like South Africa for example developing active radar homing seeker for Umkhonto-R.

For example, using the Hawk missiles existing body, motor, and new electronics would be much easier than developing a missile from scratch.
5335008345_a82a8b3a4c_b.jpg

Then, integrate them with indigenous radars and connect them to a layered network for engagement and you would be able to take on 21st century threats and export the system.

100995.jpg

No it cannot be happened .... if you want to continue cooperation with the concerned companies and countries..... so if you want technology .... then you have to develop your own or arrange tech transfer deals ..... otherwise you cannot.

But there is other scenario which is possible , in case of sanctions imposed over Egypt and stopping the military equipment delivery ..... you will see top notch reverse engineering of almost everything.

@Gomig-21 my friend, when you drop by here at forum next, could you give me your overall current opinion/analysis of El-Sisi Administration (economic, administrative, political etc on top of military wise) w.r.t Egypt and also what are the say top 5 objectives/projects/developments of Egypt's military for the coming decade?

Others also please give me your summary, I don't get much stream of news/opinion from actual Egyptians and Arabs on this matter.

@Amun @Wilhelm II @Philip the Arab

@Gomig-21 my friend, when you drop by here at forum next, could you give me your overall current opinion/analysis of El-Sisi Administration (economic, administrative, political etc on top of military wise) w.r.t Egypt and also what are the say top 5 objectives/projects/developments of Egypt's military for the coming decade?

Others also please give me your summary, I don't get much stream of news/opinion from actual Egyptians and Arabs on this matter.

I will give you my full take, my friend. That is a very loaded question and a very interesting one, too. So it would be great to get mine and other's points of view. I can tell you one thing immediately is that I am a HUGE supporter of Sisi and I don't think that's a bit secret. I think he saved Egypt from going down the crapper by removing Morsi and I simplify things. Yes, democracy is good, coup d'etat, bad, of course. But to introduce democracy to a nation that has known nothing but some form of dictatorial leadership and essentially war since it's existence is not something that is bound to succeed on it's first try. People always hold that against Sisi but what Morsi was doing (or wasn't doing whichever way you wanna look at it) was putting Egypt on the brink of utter failure, not to mention the fact that he introduced a new amendment that would essentially invalidate the "hastily written constitution and give him unlimited powers) was his final undoing. So to those who dry foul and scream "coup d'etat" and all that can do it all they want. The fact that Sisi got rid of Morsi and the ultimate threat that Egypt would not only end up in the swamp of failed states, the other side of radical Islamism and the relationship he had with the Turks was something that I can EASILY say the majority of us Egyptians want nothing to do with.

So look at what Sisi has done militarily since 2013 is unprecedented in the history of any country. The economic growth and the interior building of cities and town and so many things (including his unabashed opinion of terrorism and how he's gone after it like a we've never seen) is nothing but all good. Yeah there are some major problems that need to be addressed, quite a bit, actually and primarily what is happening in Sinai and the appointment of inadequate military resources in evident. We see pics of all the special forces on this thread and wonder why aren't those guys involved in no only the training of the conscripts and kids right out of the academy being dropped right into the thick of the problem in Sinai, but why are they not participating in a lot more of the raids? A lot of questions on Sinai and that is his thorn on the side ATM and for quite some time already.

I look at all the new military equipment and the inedible modernization of the military and how can anyone not give him any credit or that? Rafales? MiG-35s and now Su-35s hopefully to cap the 140+ F-16s we have (I know that is not much compared to India lol) but compared to what was the prior inventory, it's remarkable. The navy. Being the first country in the ME to acquire not one, but 2 LHDs was something that smacked us all upside the head. The improvements of all the technological bases and the relentless construction of new and improved installations is nothing but good stuff.

But for me, the MOST important aspect of his presidency is that he respects the oath of the terms outlined to him. He is on his last 3 years and needs to move over after this. If there are any shenanigans that he or Parliament pulls off to give him another term or two, I will most definitely change my view. I think that is a pretty simple thing to do. If they term the presidency to 6 years and give him an additional 2, I might reconsider my view as long as he comes out to the Egyptian people and PROMISES under the name of Allah that this will be it, I might be ok with it because in most cases when countries are already established democracies, 4 year terms are perfectly adequate. In a situation like Egypt where the country is rebuilding itself from the brink of failure, I think giving him a bit more time to at least finish what he started before handing it to the next person might not be such a bad idea. We'll see. :-)

Pakistan (it's about time) Jordan and Russian military exercises just recently in Cyprus. I think it was mostly paratroopers.

EI77b73WkAE0X8n.jpg

EI4v4CxXYAY5rf4.jpg

EI4v5EKW4AEXa6H.jpg

EI4v5JzXYAAXs3u.jpg

Corvette and Embassador involved in Medusa as well off the coast of Greece.

EI2YytAXYAAcyU9.jpg

The amazing thing about the Ambassador Mk III Missile Boat is that it was commissioned and built strictly for the Egyptian navy and no one else. Not even the US has these in their inventory.

EI2YysqW4AAdEwd.jpg

More from Medusa: Mistral, Type 209/Mod1400 submarine off the island of Crete.

EInuVIRX0AE56CO.jpg

EInuVIZWsAYte4b.jpg

This light ST armored vehicle might be the first to be introduced into the military from a private manufacturer.

1. EITPdiTXYAAjOZu.jpg

Nice to see pics of the rare Egyptian Mirage 2K.

EHwCvWBXUAAu0VT.jpg

I will give you my full take, my friend. That is a very loaded question and a very interesting one, too. So it would be great to get mine and other's points of view. I can tell you one thing immediately is that I am a HUGE supporter of Sisi and I don't think that's a bit secret. I think he saved Egypt from going down the crapper by removing Morsi and I simplify things. Yes, democracy is good, coup d'etat, bad, of course. But to introduce democracy to a nation that has known nothing but some form of dictatorial leadership and essentially war since it's existence is not something that is bound to succeed on it's first try. People always hold that against Sisi but what Morsi was doing (or wasn't doing whichever way you wanna look at it) was putting Egypt on the brink of utter failure, not to mention the fact that he introduced a new amendment that would essentially invalidate the "hastily written constitution and give him unlimited powers) was his final undoing. So to those who dry foul and scream "coup d'etat" and all that can do it all they want. The fact that Sisi got rid of Morsi and the ultimate threat that Egypt would not only end up in the swamp of failed states, the other side of radical Islamism and the relationship he had with the Turks was something that I can EASILY say the majority of us Egyptians want nothing to do with.

So look at what Sisi has done militarily since 2013 is unprecedented in the history of any country. The economic growth and the interior building of cities and town and so many things (including his unabashed opinion of terrorism and how he's gone after it like a we've never seen) is nothing but all good. Yeah there are some major problems that need to be addressed, quite a bit, actually and primarily what is happening in Sinai and the appointment of inadequate military resources in evident. We see pics of all the special forces on this thread and wonder why aren't those guys involved in no only the training of the conscripts and kids right out of the academy being dropped right into the thick of the problem in Sinai, but why are they not participating in a lot more of the raids? A lot of questions on Sinai and that is his thorn on the side ATM and for quite some time already.

I look at all the new military equipment and the inedible modernization of the military and how can anyone not give him any credit or that? Rafales? MiG-35s and now Su-35s hopefully to cap the 140+ F-16s we have (I know that is not much compared to India lol) but compared to what was the prior inventory, it's remarkable. The navy. Being the first country in the ME to acquire not one, but 2 LHDs was something that smacked us all upside the head. The improvements of all the technological bases and the relentless construction of new and improved installations is nothing but good stuff.

But for me, the MOST important aspect of his presidency is that he respects the oath of the terms outlined to him. He is on his last 3 years and needs to move over after this. If there are any shenanigans that he or Parliament pulls off to give him another term or two, I will most definitely change my view. I think that is a pretty simple thing to do. If they term the presidency to 6 years and give him an additional 2, I might reconsider my view as long as he comes out to the Egyptian people and PROMISES under the name of Allah that this will be it, I might be ok with it because in most cases when countries are already established democracies, 4 year terms are perfectly adequate. In a situation like Egypt where the country is rebuilding itself from the brink of failure, I think giving him a bit more time to at least finish what he started before handing it to the next person might not be such a bad idea. We'll see. :-)

Pakistan (it's about time) Jordan and Russian military exercises just recently in Cyprus. I think it was mostly paratroopers.

EI77b73WkAE0X8n.jpg

EI4v4CxXYAY5rf4.jpg

EI4v5EKW4AEXa6H.jpg

EI4v5JzXYAAXs3u.jpg

Corvette and Embassador involved in Medusa as well off the coast of Greece.

EI2YytAXYAAcyU9.jpg

The amazing thing about the Ambassador Mk III Missile Boat is that it was commissioned and built strictly for the Egyptian navy and no one else. Not even the US has these in their inventory.

EI2YysqW4AAdEwd.jpg

More from Medusa: Mistral, Type 209/Mod1400 submarine off the island of Crete.

EInuVIRX0AE56CO.jpg

EInuVIZWsAYte4b.jpg

This light ST armored vehicle might be the first to be introduced into the military from a private manufacturer.

1. EITPdiTXYAAjOZu.jpg

Nice to see pics of the rare Egyptian Mirage 2K.

EHwCvWBXUAAu0VT.jpg

Excellent post my friend....and it has given me fair amount to think and digest hehe :)

In addition to what my friend @Gomig-21 said , I can add the following....

People out side Egypt always say SISI came after a military coup but they don’t give you the full picture of how Morsi and his fellow MB was doing by concentrating the power into Morsi’s Hands ..... and they don’t see tens of millions of Egyptians in the streets to overthrow Morsi who doesn’t respond , unlike Mubarak who stepped down.

Economically, suffice it to say the economical growth rate now is 5.5+% ( the highest in 10 years ) and the inflation is about 3% which is the lowest in several years.

Foreign reserve in the Central Bank of Egypt is about 45 Billions USD which is the highest ever in Egyptian history , without considering other foreign currency in the banking system.

Tourism this year will exceed 14-15 millions tourists with revenues to reach 18-20 Billions USD which is the highest ever.

Finally, i’m Here my friend if you need updates about Egypt .

Egypt should consider inducting lot more Submarines than what they currently have. Egypt should develop cruise missiles and ballistic missiles

Egypt should consider inducting lot more Submarines than what they currently have. Egypt should develop cruise missiles and ballistic missiles
Egypt has the capabilities to produce BMs and they have had that knowledge since the 50s and 60s.

Cruise missiles can be developed from stealth drones in Egyptian service that can easily be redesigned to accommodate inertial/GPS guidance.

s-l1000.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F11%2Fscarab-1.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

You are extremely right my friend .... but you have to consider quality and quantities.... knowing that Egypt is in the vicinity of Europe and Israel and not a NATO Member so Egypt must have top notch quality weapons rather than just having some systems .... so it’s moves are calculated .

Regarding the Submarines ..... there is news about negotiations between Egypt and China for the Egyptian Navy to obtain S-26T submarines.

https://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/40697

In addition to what my friend @Gomig-21 said , I can add the following....

People out side Egypt always say SISI came after a military coup but they don’t give you the full picture of how Morsi and his fellow MB was doing by concentrating the power into Morsi’s Hands ..... and they don’t see tens of millions of Egyptians in the streets to overthrow Morsi who doesn’t respond , unlike Mubarak who stepped down.

Economically, suffice it to say the economical growth rate now is 5.5+% ( the highest in 10 years ) and the inflation is about 3% which is the lowest in several years.

Foreign reserve in the Central Bank of Egypt is about 45 Billions USD which is the highest ever in Egyptian history , without considering other foreign currency in the banking system.

Tourism this year will exceed 14-15 millions tourists with revenues to reach 18-20 Billions USD which is the highest ever.

Finally, i’m Here my friend if you need updates about Egypt .

Much appreciated! A friend of Gomig, is a friend of mine. Yes I would love to keep tabs here on your updates. Its not too busy/noisy (esp with trolls) like some other news threads, so updates actually stand out.:tup: Glad I came across it and its very good to see Egypt is improving economically at good pace now and hope it keeps going....Egypt always has fascinated me. Lot of vloggers (that I follow) on youtube visit Egypt...and have very good experience and pass on good tips for viewers... and I hope to visit too in the future.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom