What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I was looking at that pic on Twitter and was thinking I'd like to get my hands on that Rafale model lol. That's unusually large, almost 1/16th scale.
:lol:
It just means that the Rafale comes with all its claws (or all dressed like the pizza you might owe me:lol::enjoy:)

Have you heard of the SU-37 project.. and that it is being financed by a third party (The UAE, IMHO).. and that there is an established Egyptian-UAE-Russian military R&D fund that was established a while ago?
Linking the dots might make you owe me a double pizza..:cheers:

sukhoi_su_37_terminator_by_bagera3005.png

It just means that the Rafale comes with all its claws (or all dressed like the pizza you might owe me:lol::enjoy:)

Hahaa. I had finished a British Harrier GR3 in 32 scale a few years ago and that thing was a monster, but that Rafale looks double the size for some reason.

Have you heard of the SU-37 project.. and that it is being financed by a third party (The UAE, IMHO).. and that there is an established Egyptian-UAE-Russian military R&D fund that was established a while ago?

Yep, they just signed the official pact a few days ago.

Linking the dots might make you owe me a double pizza..:cheers:

It will be my pleasure, my bro. BTW, have you caught any of the Friendship exercise with the Russian paras? That was some great action and the Russians mounting GoPros on their Aks and helmets and taking videos of their building penetrations and firing at drawn targets on walls alongside Egyptian paras was excellent.

DqBupHFWoAAs0wa.jpg

DqBupIpX4AAye3O.jpg

DqBupIGWoAEH4LK.jpg

DqBupHlXgAAQbcK.jpg

So the interesting part of this pic is not only do we get to see the beautiful Egyptian MiG-35 with it's air refueling probe sticking out, but a few interesting weapons that it uses that are obviously part of the package which we don't really have good info as to what is the complete weapons package that was ordered with the bird. But we also see some very interesting weapons on the Ka-52 Crocodile.

DqCOAjKW4AE4YkV.jpg

A Kh-31 anti-ship missile to the far left with the red protective cap and a pair of Kh-29s tactical air to surface missiles.

Last edited:
@Crocodile , EN is looking really really good and the modernization has been an unbelievable success that Sisi doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves for that. With the new Mekos coming and the remaining 2 Gowinds and possibly some other stuff currently in the making AND, the 2 new naval bases, the Navy will look completely different than what is was simply 8 years ago. Incredible. And the preparedness that they took into consideration knowing the millions of square kilometers of waters they need to protect was not the only need, but how they obviously took all the new gas fields and now oil which will be coming soon into account is right on target.

Nice shot of the newly contracted Rafale 1200 RIB that they'll be producing many of.

DqBr2YzWwAY2EtU.jpg

@Crocodile , EN is looking really really good and the modernization has been an unbelievable success that Sisi doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves for that. With the new Mekos coming and the remaining 2 Gowinds and possibly some other stuff currently in the making AND, the 2 new naval bases, the Navy will look completely different than what is was simply 8 years ago. Incredible. And the preparedness that they took into consideration knowing the millions of square kilometers of waters they need to protect was not the only need, but how they obviously took all the new gas fields and now oil which will be coming soon into account is right on target.

Nice shot of the newly contracted Rafale 1200 RIB that they'll be producing many of.

DqBr2YzWwAY2EtU.jpg

While the modernization has been indeed tremendous. I think we still need to match the numerical superiority of a specific navy (Not mentioning any names, don't wanna start another mud slinging war here :rolleyes:). We need a few more Type 209s from Germany or Kilos from Russia, if this turns out too expensive, we could at least look at the possibility of overhauling and modernizing the Romeos to serve alongside the Types. It's hard to tell how many more years we could still squeeze out of these old gals. But they remain a beauty despite their age. Forget about new frigates and Corvettes, let's focus on finishing up all the ones already in service in regards to systems and armament. And in the neantime, Get a full TOT for some high quality stealth fast attack missile boat plus a decent anti ship missile (both surface and air launched versions) and pump those out like there's no tomorrow, nothing like a tried and true wolf pack tactic to take out any big targets wandering into our EEZ, just ask the INS Eilat. :agree:

Last edited:
So the interesting part of this pic is not only do we get to see the beautiful Egyptian MiG-35 with it's air refueling probe sticking out, but a few interesting weapons that it uses that are obviously part of the package which we don't really have good info as to what is the complete weapons package that was ordered with the bird. But we also see some very interesting weapons on the Ka-52 Crocodile.

DqCOAjKW4AE4YkV.jpg

A Kh-31 anti-ship missile to the far left with the red protective cap and a pair of Kh-29s tactical air to surface missiles.
I know it's totally irrelevant, but isn't it time for egypt to rely less on conscripts? Especially in areas like conscription and Thunderbolt units?

Hahaa. I had finished a British Harrier GR3 in 32 scale a few years ago and that thing was a monster, but that Rafale looks double the size for some reason.

Yep, they just signed the official pact a few days ago.

It will be my pleasure, my bro. BTW, have you caught any of the Friendship exercise with the Russian paras? That was some great action and the Russians mounting GoPros on their Aks and helmets and taking videos of their building penetrations and firing at drawn targets on walls alongside Egyptian paras was excellent.

DqBupHFWoAAs0wa.jpg

DqBupIpX4AAye3O.jpg

DqBupIGWoAEH4LK.jpg

DqBupHlXgAAQbcK.jpg
Video

That's so cool. Egyptian paras can learn a lot from their Russian counterparts, cohesive aggressiveness being one of the observations I can see. Although hard to tell the extent of our side TBH since they don't create footage of the same caliber to tell. But there are other "sights" that are telling, so to speak.

I didn't think they were still using those goofy hats, though, but apparently they are.

I know it's totally irrelevant, but isn't it time for egypt to rely less on conscripts? Especially in areas like conscription and Thunderbolt units?

Not irrelevant at all. It's a reality that I think almost everyone is aware of including those who make the decisions yet for some reason they don't seem to think there is a need for it. What's the reason?

While the modernization has been indeed tremendous. I think we still need to match the numerical superiority of a specific navy (Not mentioning any names, don't wanna start another mud slinging war here :rolleyes:). We need a few more Type 209s from Germany or Kilos from Russia, if this turns out too expensive, we could at least look at the possibility of overhauling and modernizing the Romeos to serve alongside the Types. It's hard to tell how many more years we could still squeeze out of these old gals. But they remain a beauty despite their age. Forget about new frigates and Corvettes, let's focus on finishing up all the ones already in service in regards to systems and armament. And in the neantime, Get a full TOT for some high quality stealth fast attack missile boat plus a decent anti ship missile (both surface and air launched versions) and pump those out like there's no tomorrow, nothing like a tried and true wolf pack tactic to take out any big targets wandering into our EEZ, just ask the INS Eilat. :agree:

Need to bolster the frigate fleet, though. 9 frigates but the only one in the 6000 tons range is the single FREMM. This is probably why they went looking at the Mekos and have been trying with other sources. I'm with you on the subs. There's a huge need to make that fleet a lot larger and more powerful than what it is in this day and age. One of the most difficult weapons to defeat that has extensive lethality.

That was when one of those banshee target drones went astray.

Back
Top Bottom