What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

in regards to price eygpt paid a premium because they purchased the fremm and some rafales that were just ready to be delivered. look at how much Morocco paid for their fremm which has the exact spec as the Egyptian ship.
the only good deal egypt got was for the mistrals as theres not a lot of countries that would want to buy a ship at russain specs. that and your navy had to fork out for 46 ka-52k's which cost as much as the ships itself.
BY_NAz-IEAAxQ_Z.jpg

Yep, the Mistrals purchase has many people shaking their heads, even stranger is the deal for the 46 Ka-52's because it's for the Alligator, not the naval K version as I was recently informed by Frogman about that. So those won't (or shouldn't) even be part of the Mistrals as the Alligator is a land-based attack helo and doesn't have the ship-storing capabilities such as the folding rotors and wings. So we still have to see if the Egyptian Navy signs a separate tender offer for another 36+/- Ka-52 Katrans on top of this 46 Alligators deal to fully equip the Mistrals lol! Maybe more to come!

anyway.... as for logistics, the french are well known for their exorbitant prices. look at what happened to taiwan, brazil and india with the mk2 as an example.

And a big reason why the French, despite the Rafale being a very impressive platform, have had a tough time marketing that fighter for a long time since it's been operational. It's cost was exorbitant with many other semi-comparable US & Russian alternatives as well as competition from the Typhoon. They win India's MMRCA competition and can't come to an agreement to what could be one of the largest fighter deals.

Despite the Formidable also being built by DCNS, it was designed specifically for Singapore which is the only operator of that vessel, while the FREMM is operated by the French and Italian navies which the latter has exercised with Egypt. So commonality, along with role & the package deal worked for Egypt. French wanna get paid big, you're right.

they are related with the same power source if you want radar to work with its maximum capabilities you need to give it more power so less will be passed to sonar

Makes no sense to me tbh

Yep, the Mistrals purchase has many people shaking their heads, even stranger is the deal for the 46 Ka-52's because it's for the Alligator, not the naval K version as I was recently informed by Frogman about that. So those won't (or shouldn't) even be part of the Mistrals as the Alligator is a land-based attack helo and doesn't have the ship-storing capabilities such as the folding rotors and wings. So we still have to see if the Egyptian Navy signs a separate tender offer for another 36+/- Ka-52 Katrans on top of this 46 Alligators deal to fully equip the Mistrals lol! Maybe more to come!
There is certainly more goodies coming to the Mistrals.. first of all, they need a $1 billion deal equipments, that is being negotiated, and Egypt tries to get the best deal available since The Russians had already made that equipments while the Mistrals were made for them, this is some kind of a "monopoly" as far as the Mistrals are concerned and there are no other equipments on the market to match the tailor made Russian equipments, still Egypt do not want all of the equipments, because some were very specific to the Russian navy and Egypt sees no use for them, nevertheless, with the most likely purchase of the Russian Mistral equipments, the K-52 Katran will have an advantage over other platforms Egypt is contemplating, and the Russians might compromise a bit about the price, since it will be something close to $1.5 to $2 billion arms deal.. a deal that is the most logical.. and gives Egypt the maximum Mistral capabilities..

This army is a complete joke it is armed of any kind of weapons from America to france germany china russia austria meanwhile it's population dies of hunger !

There is certainly more goodies coming to the Mistrals.. first of all, they need a $1 billion deal equipments, that is being negotiated, and Egypt tries to get the best deal available since The Russians had already made that equipments while the Mistrals were made for them, this is some kind of a "monopoly" as far as the Mistrals are concerned and there are no other equipments on the market to match the tailor made Russian equipments, still Egypt do not want all of the equipments, because some were very specific to the Russian navy and Egypt sees no use for them, nevertheless, with the most likely purchase of the Russian Mistral equipments, the K-52 Katran will have an advantage over other platforms Egypt is contemplating, and the Russians might compromise a bit about the price, since it will be something close to $1.5 to $2 billion arms deal.. a deal that is the most logical.. and gives Egypt the maximum Mistral capabilities..

Indeed. They must have figured the 40+ Apaches they have are not enough to tackle the current issues in Sinai and the western desert. Two areas of heavy concern that are really dedicated and far apart. To split up an already small group like that into 2 spreads them very thin. Then you have many other areas in the Delta and the south etc. that you need to deal with so it actually does make sense for them to buy the Alligators first, add them to the land-based group of Apaches and double the numbers. Apaches can be dedicated to the capital and western Egypt while the Alligators can be dedicated to the Suez canal and Sinai. Then the K's can be put on the Mistrals since there really is no hurry for that. Makes sense, but I could also be completely off lol. :-)

Egypt is one of the worst most repressive regimes in the Muslim world. General Sisi is literally an Egyptian Pharaoh like his cursed wretched ancestor Ramases. Egypt cannot survive one day without foreign aid. Their economy will soon collapse in sha Allah عز وجل. Soon our Imam, the Qaim عليه السلام will come and he will smash to pieces the Egyptian regime as clay pottery is smashed to pieces by an iron rod. In sha Allah we will obliterate all remnants of paganism from Egypt also such as the pyramids and their ancient temples

You sound like an isis leader preparing a lecture against sisi and Egypt , relax buddy

And you have no substantial refutation of what I said except ad hominem attack. Patriotism to your country has blinded you to the truth of your government's oppression and authoritarianism. You are compromised and biased. True Muslims must always speak truth, especially speaking truth to power

Sir, there is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about any government and how you feel about them, but you must chose the proper venue for that. This is a thread regarding the Egyptian Armed Forces and news and discussion pertaining to those 3 and related topics. You're more than welcome to speak your mind about the authoritarianism and oppression of Sisi and the Egyptian government, (myself and many of my Egyptian brothers do that same thing and have no problem accepting criticism), but please do us the courtesy of directing it in the appropriate thread or even open a new thread for that topic so as not to derail this one which is specific to military hardware and closely related topics. Thank you in advance.

Rafale fans, check out this recent flight demo by an incredible French pilot of L'armee de L'air at Atlantic Trident 17, VA. I believe this was the first time the Rafale has flown anywhere in North America and put on a show for the ages! The demo had to be approved for US safety standards and they took out a certain maneuver from the routine, the square turn lol. This thing is amazing, but check out the low altitude loop this guy does right before landing at the end 7:25! I don't even think the wild Russian pilots even attempt something like that. What a performance.

Minister of Defense witnessed the largest live ammunition exercise in Egypt, "thunder" in the Western military region.

http://www.akhbarak.net/articles/25253269-المقال-من-المصدر-وزير-الدفاع-يشهد-واحدة-من

18422821_1287541574660898_467804062639902713_o.thumb.jpg.170f00d9daa79333b84d34ebde7531ed.jpg

18359057_1287545511327171_4815216584567632721_o.thumb.jpg.bfd5a0bd5d0d883e440cd2b7055e794f.jpg

18451560_1287544984660557_5446813648065105173_o.thumb.jpg.f36df3fa5cece71c78cd84ab9515bbfb.jpg

5915795004446_.thumb.jpg.e9748836e916432ffaf2990e957fa293.jpg

IMG_20170512_140212.jpg.cc343ecc6542bb932791e176033223f6.jpg

D30m113.jpg.6db15fba9ff58726d1f1acdfa6ac52e8.jpg

83b6653b9b.jpg

A lot of Egyptian manufactured weapon systems, quite impressive..
=================================================

Mig-35 4++ Generation, medium weight fighter is still going through tests:

1021978458.jpg.fbafba4742c8311913ae4cfcd3516bee.jpg

Beautiful and powerful bird..needs AESA and a few other tweekings and it will be an excellent instead of a very good fighter..

Last edited:
What do you think? no need or for future?
'cause it is easy to convert any big airliner to a tanker..

There is absolutely need for tankers in EAF now or at least in near future for reaching further targets and for longer routine air patrol , converting or getting a tanker needs a special relationship with the country you will negotiate with ...

When you look in the tankers market your best options are USA , France , Russia

Till Obama's administration i would say it will never happen , now with trump I can't predict

France same really as trump we will see how the new president will react and co-operate with us

Russia it's the worst option tech/specs but if you got the money you can sign it tomorrow

As for me I would like to go with new KC-46 Pegasus it's the most advanced tanker has ever developed

There is absolutely need for tankers in EAF now or at least in near future for reaching further targets and for longer routine air patrol , converting or getting a tanker needs a special relationship with the country you will negotiate with ...

When you look in the tankers market your best options are USA , France , Russia

Till Obama's administration i would say it will never happen , now with trump I can't predict

France same really as trump we will see how the new president will react and co-operate with us

Russia it's the worst option tech/specs but if you got the money you can sign it tomorrow

As for me I would like to go with new KC-46 Pegasus it's the most advanced tanker has ever developed
Take a look at these:
The world's biggest aerial refuelling aircraft

http://www.airforce-technology.com/features/featurethe-worlds-best-aerial-refuelling-aircraft/

Back
Top Bottom