What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

6.6% of GDP is quite a big number without foreign support, espacially for a big country like Egypt where the money is needed in infrastructure and state facilities.
There is a massive amount of money spent on infrastructure too from building new high ways to tunnels under the suez canal to new cities.
focusing on one thing is not good and will have negative Consequences on the long run.

i meant you were wrong about the F-16 , Ambassador and Molniya , i understand how u calculated but again this is just wrong , and about the Patroller UAV article you may need to read it again

"Egypt is in the process of modernizing its inventory of military equipment, and has already committed to purchase another French aircraft – the Dassault Rafale multi-role fighter. Cairo placed a 24-unit order last February"

they are talking about the 24 rafale which was ordered in February , as i said the uav deal details was never revealed neither the price nor the number of units ordered :-)

Oh yes. But i still think order will be somewhere between 10-25.

So, deduced F-16 , Ambassador and Molniya Total number $15 Billion. And i removing $5 Billion just for you. :D

It's still at $10 Billion....

Remember how i calculated my estimated Eygpt's purchasing power.
Egyptian Armed Forces | Page 167

It is still high....maybe it isn't if someone make a better point with a calculation.....after all we don't know your budget.

There is a massive amount of money spent on infrastructure too from building new high ways to tunnels under the suez canal to new cities.
focusing on one thing is not good and will have negative Consequences on the long run.
Thats what i meant, well all the best to Egypt.

after all we don't know your budget.

Exactly !

let me also tell you something and you shall take or leave it , the egyptian army during mubarak era especially the last 15 years we have a very minimum arms deals it was nearly non existent , mubarak was relying so bad at the US aid we was buying nothing for 15 years except SAM's from russia , so we have saved quite a bit during 15 years for this shopping spree which is happening now , and we also got some help from UAE and KSA but not as people imagine , this will be my last comment btw about who are paying for our arms deal because i had enough from these conversations , good night sinan :-)

We've been busy lately especially with the tragedy of the crashed Russian plane over Sinai.
To that guy from Algeria, please do not start comparing by any mean between Egypt's Army and Algeria's
Simply, there is no use to do so !!..

Congrats! That Egypt has bought 2 Mistral LHDs but when can we see 2-3 LPDs from EU coming to Egypt.

Mistrals appear to be just the Start!
Egypt will buy China 071 dock landing ship

Block 52
tre.png

There is no doubt in my mind that we have been funded by the Gulf states. There is absolutelyno way we can fund this ourselves unless the military has a huge amount of the economy under wraps which means the corruption and secrecy of the Egyptian military has been severely underestimated which makes it even more incredible.

Mebrouk Alikoum...still carry the same reflective colors...Israel doesn't even have to turn their radar...I guess I am jaleous...Poor Egypt what Sadat did to her....

I hate those colors, why couldnt we just have kept them grey like we did with the Rafales and the hawks? :D

I hate those colors, why couldnt we just have kept them grey like we did with the Rafales and the hawks? :D
That is a clause of camp David peace agreement...All Egyptian Air force, american made aircraft have to bear these color markings.

i am still wating for mig-35? when it arrive in egypt any idea? any one.................:raise:

what is it? a target dron for israel? :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
File:QF-16 target drone in flight in September 2013.JPG - Wikimedia Commons
1280px-QF-16_target_drone_in_flight_in_September_2013.JPG
I think the idea behind that orange colour is in close dogfight the egyptian pilots can differentiate between the egyptIan and the israeli planes + we are in 2015 camouflage for aircrafts and ships isn't that important thanks to radars what is important that one does not get shot down by a friendly fire.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom