What's new

Egypt signs $2 billion deal for 50 MiG-35 fighter jets from Russia

You may have sold em equipment which are of no use Such as the F-16 with vietnam era sparrows.Meanwhile Israel gets the F-35.Just saying.
I see what you mean. Egyptian F16s are probably of "no use" because US stopped supplying weapons and spares for it after the coup? Serves Egypt right...signed peace deal, and now you cant even get the weapons promised form the peace deal...thats called a LOSE LOSE situation...smh..also, even if you have all the equipment i the world but dont have money to fund a war your military is essentially a toothless tiger.

Egypt has long been neutralized through non military means.
umm....truth dot com!

congrats egyptians really needed those. but the question is, will those 50 MIg 35 aircraft be able to counter or balance the power equation with israeli F-35 lightening stealth aircraft? that's the key question here.
This questions is Dead on Arrival due to Peace deal..next question pls.

so Egyptians can be Spanked by Israeliz at any moment of their need, just like lebanon, palistine, syria , iraq and jordan.
No, because of the peace deal.

I see what you mean. Egyptian F16s are probably of "no use" because US stopped supplying weapons and spares for it after the coup? Serves Egypt right...signed peace deal, and now you cant even get the weapons promised form the peace deal...thats called a LOSE LOSE situation...smh..also, even if you have all the equipment i the world but dont have money to fund a war your military is essentially a toothless tiger.

umm....truth dot com!

This questions is Dead on Arrival due to Peace deal..next question pls.

No, because of the peace deal.
No usa did not stopped anything

Where is the money coming to Egypt from ?
Inflation is 30 percent and they are building cities and buying weapons.

Never. The worse thing is the position of Egypt to Israel. Sinai is completely demilitarized, right? So, I don't think the Mig will stand a chance to F-35 on such a range.

Range would not be a problem.Since the aircraft(Single seat) has a maximum internal fuel capacity of 5.2 tons and has a range of 2400kms on internal fuel.The Main problem will be F-116 Block-52s of IAF and ofcourse F-35.

great can now egypt open rafah border without Israeli permission >?

This is the old deal..and more than half have already been delivered..

No usa did not stopped anything
THen Egypt must be diversifying military equipment because the potential for that to happen in the future is not that low...or to get better prices for military equipment.

Maybe they are buying it for long range attacks, I dont think Migs are that much capable in multirole than F-16

This doesn't kill JF-17 not even close. The JF-17 BLOCK III will be game changer for Egypt. It plans to buy it with TOT and also produce lot of its weapons in Egypt. Also Egypt is third biggest user of K-8 Trainer Jets
No need to sell them jf17 . Russians seems okay with sharing their tech with israel ( Egypt) but we should be carefull . Any thing that israel detects will be offloaded to india, who will make us pay for our mistake.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom