What's new

Featured Egypt reportedly signed contract for 500 T-90MS main battle tanks

Because the U.S. gives Egypt about $1.5B in foreign aid each year (second only to Israel) and the original deal was negotiated to keep Egypt from arming with Russian weapons. The U.S. is selling UAE F-35s, and Saudi Arabia is probably next - it’s difficult to justify selling your most advanced weapon to a subsidy recipient who’s paying you with your own money before real paying customers.
Till now UAE will not have F-35 because of restrictions, the UAE decided to cancel the deal. Plus Saudi Arabia didn't show interest to the F-35. They have Eurofighter and F-15SA which is one of the best F-15 variant in the world. IDK if you know that UAE is co-operating with Russia for SU-75 so I don't think that USA will not accept that a big ally to joint venture 5th generation with their enemy number one (Russia)

It hasn't seen combat so compared to other nations mbts it has that disadvantage of not knowing how it can be improved, and its weaknesses haven't been pointed out. It seems to have alot of interesting technology all packed into one tank which could be a problem given its relatively short service period(compared to other mbts), with such novel technologies.
They had the K1 first..this is an evolution of that..but much more sophisticated..

Till now UAE will not have F-35 because of restrictions, the UAE decided to cancel the deal. Plus Saudi Arabia didn't show interest to the F-35. They have Eurofighter and F-15SA which is one of the best F-15 variant in the world. IDK if you know that UAE is co-operating with Russia for SU-75 so I don't think that USA will not accept that a big ally to joint venture 5th generation with their enemy number one (Russia)
The UAE suspended the F-35 deal..did not cancel it all together..

It hasn't seen combat so compared to other nations mbts it has that disadvantage of not knowing how it can be improved, and its weaknesses haven't been pointed out. It seems to have alot of interesting technology all packed into one tank which could be a problem given its relatively short service period(compared to other mbts), with such novel technologies.
Are you aware of what you are saying did you not witness her tests with Leopard in Poland
How do you respond in a military forum without knowing?

I just wish to point out that if anyone looks at the K2 and say”. That looks like an Abrams” technically it is. General Motors dynamics sold I think there XM1 prototype or K1/K1A1tanks in 80s to Korea so that they could make their indigenous MbT.

Tank on tank combat is not as common as people think. The biggest threats to tanks are infantry followed by UCAVs. An M1A2CSEPV3 abrams with a Trophy APS and a T90M Provyv 3 With An Arena-M APS would fare similarly against ATGMs; They’re both dead If they take a hit from a modern AT weapon.

The baseline armor package of the older M1A2SEPv2 is noticeably superior to that of Russian T-90S with Kontakt-5 Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA) Tiles across turret and lower front hull. M1A2SEPv2 can be further equipped with TUSK II Reactive Armor (RA) Tiles for enhanced protection.

-----

The baseline armor package of M1A2CSEPv3 is new generation (NEA) and even thicker than that of M1A2SEPv2 across turrent, glacis and lower front hull. Gross weight of M1A2CSEPv3 exceeds 80 tons due to this factor.

"Survivability against multiple threats by incorporating NEA, a new underbody IED kit and other vulnerability reduction measures to reduce the tank’s vulnerability to IEDs. These measures include redesigned crew seating, additional floor stiffners, hardware to provide lower limb protection, and changes in the material and dimensions of internal structural supports." - DOTE

M1A2CSEPv3 is further equipped with TUSK II RA Tiles and Trophy APS as shown in the photo below:

20210127005920.jpg

Source: https://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/20210127005890-260417?chdtv

My point is that M1A2CSEPv3 is much better protected than (any) Russian Main Battle Tank (MBT) design in existence.

Russians have improved crew protection in T-90M Provyv 3 which is a step in the right direction but Americans continue to widen the gap as well.

So you deleted my post because I hurt your ego. Great. Thank you for proving my point, you can’t handle it when someone sees through your bullshit. Go ahead. Delete this one too, or give me a negative rating, or mute me. See how big it makes you feel. So unfortunate that people with attitudes like this are given such power on this forum. Maybe that’s why people keep leaving.

You should address my post without reminding me of my biases in your opening statement which is your typical flamebaiting tactic and a violation of Forum Rules. My post is factual and it seems to hurt your fragile ego instead. Reflect on your attitude for a change. I have respected you enough to ignore your previous flamebaiting jabs at me but not anymore.

If you have an issue with my Moderation decision then take this to GHQ. This thread is not the place.

Your post is literally filled false information. You know next to nothing about Russian armor. I corrected it in mine but you deleted it. It’s also passive aggressive and clearly meant to “prove a point”, you say I’m flamebaiting but every time I post something you come out of the woodworks to try and counter it even when the discussion clearly didn’t involve what you counter it with (as was the case this time) or was I remind you of your bias because I’m tired of you doing that over and over, I’ve asked you to stop nicely before, stop trying to act all high and mighty, your attitude is nothing but ego over a moderator role given to you on an online forum.

You can repost same argument without your typical flamebaiting tactic. You've asked me to stop nicely? What Forum Rule I violate by addressing your questionable argument? You sound insecure to me.

You can repost same argument without your typical flamebaiting tactic.
It wasn’t flamebaiting, it was a request for you to stop targeting my posts and stop being biased. You are the only one trying to bait responses here, you’ve been trying it for a while now. I’ve had no issues with anyone else on this forum except you. If I was on here to flamebait or argue with people I’d pick a fight with someone who’s not a moderator, my problem is with your attitude.

You can edit the part out which you dislike, I do not have the time to type out long posts over and over.

You can repost same argument without your typical flamebaiting tactic. You've asked me to stop nicely? What Forum Rule I viotate by addressing your questionable argument? You sound insecure to me.
My argument was questionable? Your post is literally entirely false and biased.

It wasn’t flamebaiting, it was a request for you to stop targeting my posts and stop being biased. You are the only one trying to bait responses here, you’ve been trying it for a while now. I’ve had no issues with anyone else on this forum except you. If I was on here to flamebait or argue with people I’d pick a fight with someone who’s not a moderator, my problem is with your attitude.

You can edit the part out which you dislike, I do not have the time to type out long posts over and over.

Oh I am targeting you now? I removed your posts due to your typical Flamebaiting responses to me. You know very well what those particular statements are. There will not be further argument on these lines. Let my Moderation actions in this thread be a reminder of your violation of a Forum Rule that is Flamebaiting. Thanks for nothing.

The baseline armor package of the older M1A2SEPv2 is noticeably superior to that of Russian T-90S with Kontakt-5 Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA) Tiles across turret and lower front hull. M1A2SEPv2 can be further equipped with TUSK II Reactive Armor (RA) Tiles for enhanced protection.

For general knowledge:

M1-A2-tank-fprado.png

T-90-tank-fprado.png

These figures are attributed to much older M1A2 SEP.

M1A2SEPv2 have superior protection in comparison to M1A2 SEP as noted in following source:

"The M1A2 SEP V2 has improved frontal and side armor for enhanced crew survivability."

M1A2CSEPv3 have superior protection than M1A2SEPv2 as noted in following posts:

Egypt got all five fingers in ghee and head in karahi don't know which Goldmine they sitting on US just permitting sale of F15E no idea what Egypt is Upto

Egypt got all five fingers in ghee and head in karahi don't know which Goldmine they sitting on US just permitting sale of F15E no idea what Egypt is Upto
Egypt has the monies they buy top notch equipment, not that t 90 is top notch

Recent conflicts imo have been a poor showing for the capabilities of tanks due to how poorly they were used, especially by Russia, it seemed like they just sent tanks in one-by-one for the Ukrainians with their modern AT weaponry to pick off, instead of using them as combined arms tools with air cover, infantry support and proper formations. In such a scenario any vehicle wether Tank or IFV would suffer the same fate.

Russian forces have taken a beating in all combat situations for your kind information.

Russian main battle tanks (MBT) and similar designs aren't very impressive to begin with. T-14 Armata (your number 1) looks good in parades and video games - I give you this.

Russian army is simply not survivable and well-equipped to fight like American army. Russian MBT could not provide sufficient punch and survivability to make difference in combat in large urban environments.

M1A2CSEPv3 can make difference on the other hand. Its Next Evolutionary Armor (NEA), high quality protective add-ons and general capabilities are informed by decades of warfare experiences around the world, particularly in urban environments of Iraq.

Egypt has the monies they buy top notch equipment, not that t 90 is top notch
It's kind of high & low combination they have M1A1 too local assembly now Russian equipment is just flowing Inn with decent numbers

For general knowledge:

M1-A2-tank-fprado.png

T-90-tank-fprado.png

These figures are attributed to much older M1A2 SEP.

M1A2SEPv2 have superior protection in comparison to M1A2 SEP as noted in following source:

"The M1A2 SEP V2 has improved frontal and side armor for enhanced crew survivability."

M1A2CSEPv3 have superior protection than M1A2SEPv2 as noted in following posts:

I think comparing the m1a2 SEP to a T-90S is a bit u fair aint it? might maje that the t-90M proyv3 or t-90ms. Although the lower turret peotection hitting tge t-90 small turret is harder than that of the abrams and most kills were preformed from pentrations from the drivers port right under the turret on the upper glacis this is thinnest and least protected and doesnt have era on and is the maine weakness of russian tanks, and illy placed munitions. The abrams logistics wise is just headache in long term operations in lets say a harsh enviroment like an open desert due to its excessive weight harder to transport and is a hungry beast for fuel. Iam still waiting for electric tanks to invade the tank market.
Side note: This egyptian t-90ms deal wasnt even sifned and now evwn harder to sign with the trillions snactions on russia. Russia opted to sell t-90s tanks because it cant sell a higher variant to egypt than to its closest importer india so the deal went bust although they were in very advanced talks and were very serious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom