Egypt plans to procure additional Rafale fighter jets

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Source presstv.com

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Egypt is set to acquire additional Rafale multirole fighter aircraft from Dassault by the end of this year, the French newspaper La Tribune reported on 4 July.

According to the newspaper, Egypt’s government is looking to sign a new agreement with France to supply the new 24 Rafale multirole fighter aircraft by the end of 2018.

Under the previous contracts, France had concluded several major military agreements with Egypt, including the sale of 24 Rafales, at a cost of € 5.2 billion. To date, the French company has delivered 14 of Egypt’s Rafale aircraft.

Egypt was the first export client for the Rafale, which was part of a French arms deal that included a Naval Group multimission frigate and four Gowind corvettes, with options for two more.

According to the Dassault, the Rafale is a twin-jet combat aircraft capable of carrying out a wide range of short and long-range missions, including ground and sea attacks, reconnaissance, high-accuracy strikes and nuclear strike deterrence.

From 2006 to 2011, French Air Force and Navy Rafale fighters were engaged in countless combat missions in Afghanistan where they demonstrated a very high proficiency and a tangible military value. The AASM/HAMMER precision-guided modular air-to-surface armament, PAVEWAY laser-guided bombs, and the 30 mm cannon were employed on many occasions, scoring direct hits with remarkable precision.

In 2011, French Air Force and French Navy Rafale fighters were successfully engaged in coalition operations over Libya. In Iraq and Syria, Rafales operate in difficult conditions, far from their bases, taking advantage of their huge operational range to strike distant targets with clinical accuracy.

https://defence-blog.com/aviation/egypt-plans-procure-additional-rafale-fighter-jets.html

From where they getting all this money ....... unbelievable ...

why they are not keeping un to themselves ?

From where they getting all this money ....... unbelievable ...
Egypt tourism alone makes them billions every year

last year i visited hurgudha and realised every single Hotel there was full to the rafters with russian and german tourists bringing with them alot of euros which pays for rafael and rubels which paid for the Su35 they bought.

Egypt tourism alone makes them billions every year

Thank you. Finally someone who has a sense of reality. I've tried to explain to so many members here that (especially the Rafales purchase) was financed by France and Dassault. This is why they originally denied this 2nd order because they wanted to review Egypt's economic situation prior to approving the deal.

I've also explained that the Saudi and UAE money that came was put into the central bank reserves as not only collateral for the $2 billion IMF loan to Egypt, but for security and emergency since our foreign reserves were down to barley $11 billion in 2013. GDP was around $283 billion and sinking fast. Now foreign reserves are up to $46 billion and GDP has grown to almost $340 billion only 2nd to Nigeria in Africa. Economy is booming like it's never been.

And here's the kicker that people don't even consider which i find mind-boggling. Do people honestly think that when a country is on the brink of financial disaster and collapse, that the Saudis and Emiratis will give anyone any money for weapons purchases? lol. Think about that for a minute. :-)

You're 100% right, tourism is our mainstake and business is a booming.

last year i visited hurgudha and realised every single Hotel there was full to the rafters with russian and german tourists bringing with them alot of euros which pays for rafael and rubels which paid for the Su35 they bought.

MiG-35. I personally hope to see the Su-35 in the EAF at some point. I think 48 Rafales (even with their incredible range) are still not the large, heavy payload fighters like the F-15 & Su-35 that Egypt could certainly use. For decades our mainstay was the F-16 and it's duties were strained with all the territory it had to cover. And the other, older aircraft were only relegated to certain sectors and so the F-16s carried most of the duties. Now they can share with the Rafales but a bird in the caliber of the F-15 or Su-35 (preferably the latter because of weapon's restrictions on the F-15) would fill in a huge area that is much needed.

I hope you had fun at Hurghada? Place is insanely beautiful. Did you do any diving? I'm headed back there in September/October for 3 weeks of diving all parts of Sinai, Dahab, Ras Muhammad and Sharm. Can't come soon enough. Sidi Abdel Rahman is similar to areas a bit further south of Hurghada. The sand is pure, white.

DhPPDIMWsAAfyK7.jpg

The same Pakistani geniuses and ”Arab experts” in action on this section as usual.

Luckily Gomig-21 saved the day.

The same Pakistani geniuses and ”Arab experts” in action on this section as usual.

Saudiya has helped so many countries other than Egypt because it is the Muslim thing to do, yet that concept is unimaginable to some and it doesn't help when there are so many wannabe journos out there flapping their gums making all sort of assumptions, clouding realities and perceptions.

People don't even realize the family relationship (not even brotherly but beyond that) that Egypt and Saudiya have shared through many decades. They think this is a new thing when it's anything but. The family relationship didn't just start when Sisi took over lol.

Thank you. Finally someone who has a sense of reality. I've tried to explain to so many members here that (especially the Rafales purchase) was financed by France and Dassault. This is why they originally denied this 2nd order because they wanted to review Egypt's economic situation prior to approving the deal.

I've also explained that the Saudi and UAE money that came was put into the central bank reserves as not only collateral for the $2 billion IMF loan to Egypt, but for security and emergency since our foreign reserves were down to barley $11 billion in 2013. GDP was around $283 billion and sinking fast. Now foreign reserves are up to $46 billion and GDP has grown to almost $340 billion only 2nd to Nigeria in Africa. Economy is booming like it's never been.

And here's the kicker that people don't even consider which i find mind-boggling. Do people honestly think that when a country is on the brink of financial disaster and collapse, that the Saudis and Emiratis will give anyone any money for weapons purchases? lol. Think about that for a minute. :-)

You're 100% right, tourism is our mainstake and business is a booming.

MiG-35. I personally hope to see the Su-35 in the EAF at some point. I think 48 Rafales (even with their incredible range) are still not the large, heavy payload fighters like the F-15 & Su-35 that Egypt could certainly use. For decades our mainstay was the F-16 and it's duties were strained with all the territory it had to cover. And the other, older aircraft were only relegated to certain sectors and so the F-16s carried most of the duties. Now they can share with the Rafales but a bird in the caliber of the F-15 or Su-35 (preferably the latter because of weapon's restrictions on the F-15) would fill in a huge area that is much needed.

I hope you had fun at Hurghada? Place is insanely beautiful. Did you do any diving? I'm headed back there in September/October for 3 weeks of diving all parts of Sinai, Dahab, Ras Muhammad and Sharm. Can't come soon enough. Sidi Abdel Rahman is similar to areas a bit further south of Hurghada. The sand is pure, white.

DhPPDIMWsAAfyK7.jpg
Yeah i agree people are being small minded if they think saudi's are bank rolling military equipment for free, they would never do that and rather buy themselves these jets.

Go to the money changers in hurghada and then you can see the reason why Egypt can afford to buy Rafaels and Mig35's from Russia. I had never seen so many Euros, so many Pound Sterling and Rubel in a foreign country before, these money changers seemed to have more foreign currency then local currency all because of the thousands of tourists coming each week.

Loved Hurghada, people were friendly and went out of their way to ask where i was from once they herd me speak english they kept asking where i was originally i.e Pakistan.

I went to snorkelling in Orange bay a small island in the red sea, absolutely incredible the sea life you guys have. i was amazed at seeing all the under water life

Also i have to add the Red Sea is incredible to swim in and enjoy. easily the best beach i have ever visited. It makes the dubai beaches look like dirty canals

would recommend everyone looking for a good cheap holiday to visit Egypt

Well if you are so smart then f off to yalla yalla board.
You talk do much yet a tiny country called Isreal makes you bend over and you talk big here.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom