What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

Egyptian Airforce F-16's are some of the technologically one of the most advanced aircraft in the entire Middle eastern region, in some aspect I always rate this massive of amount of F-16 fleet above IAF's current fleet. Egypt never need to get feel panic about Isreali airforce, since Egyptians Policymakers has long been of the view that, peace and stability with Isreal is much more important tool then looking around independent fleet which can counter Isreali air dominance. Egypt has always been firm supporter of certain Isreali diplomatic standings and hence any egyptian concern with isreal will be dealth with Mutual understanding.

In contrast, Egyptian Airforce is next powerful airforce after Isreal in entire Arab world including parts of Africa and this force projection is major tool for Egypitan Policymakers to maintain their influence on entire region.

sir, you can't guarantee this picture will hold in the future, it only needs a regime change and things are turned 180 degrees.
There will be a conflict in Egypt over power within a decade, you can already see it coming if you follow egyptian politics.

now let's be realistic. I guarantee you Israeli jets can shoot down EAF's jets but maybe not the other way around, does it sound very reassuring to you? or is it a smart way of dealing with your national security? I guess not

don't forget that Egypt already fought 4 wars with Israel, more than anybody else.

AVIAN....It is true that egyptian air force is the largest in the middle east but when you see their inventory except for F-16/Mirage 2000 rest is on the verge of either retirement or obsolete.
Egyptian air force has
F-7/F-4/Mig-21 that are old. But egypt chose to upgrade its 2-3 squadrons 60 of Mig21s again a bad decision by egypt when FC-1 is available there was no need to upgrade 35 Year old egyptian Mig 21s.
F-4s from the united state that egypt bought were used ones and they are now pretty old to upgrade would be wastage to keep in service would be bad for pocket still looks like egypt is keeping them for the next 5-7 years.
Mirage V are still in use of Egypt and will remain for atleast next 5-7 years as egypt has the habit to keep old horses.
Egypt already knows but chose to not do anything about it israel air force is one of the best with top notch fighters..upgrading F-7/F-4/mig21 serves no purpose in the long run wise would be to upgrade F-16 blk 40/42 MLU-5/upgrade those 18 mirage 2000/blk52 F-16s will be added soon/get the FC-1 deal done to replace F-7/MirageV/Mig21.
Mirage2000 again if egypt has long term plans and cash than they should upgrade M2000 to -5.
It would be too much hassle to upgrade F-4s/F-7/mig21/mirageV
egypt should replace those old F-4s with the new block 52 F-16s they're bought and yet to be delivered.

Last edited:
Egyptian Airforce F-16's are some of the technologically one of the most advanced aircraft in the entire Middle eastern region, in some aspect I always rate this massive of amount of F-16 fleet above IAF's current fleet. Egypt never need to get feel panic about Isreali airforce, since Egyptians Policymakers has long been of the view that, peace and stability with Isreal is much more important tool then looking around independent fleet which can counter Isreali air dominance. Egypt has always been firm supporter of certain Isreali diplomatic standings and hence any egyptian concern with isreal will be dealth with Mutual understanding.

In contrast, Egyptian Airforce is next powerful airforce after Isreal in entire Arab world including parts of Africa and this force projection is major tool for Egypitan Policymakers to maintain their influence on entire region.

Egypt lacks on Air Refueling Capabillity, with Air Tankers Egypt Airforce can use the full strategic Depth of it's Country. In other words EAF must not rely on Bases within the Range of IAF.

Egypt lacks on Air Refueling Capabillity, with Air Tankers Egypt Airforce can use the full strategic Depth of it's Country. In other words EAF must not rely on Bases within the Range of IAF.

and i heard that EAF lacks BVR eventhough they have new f-16s..

and i heard that EAF lacks BVR eventhough they have new f-16s..

our egyptian friend said they have the aim-7 sparrow with an odd range of 50km or so.
But what use is it if the Eaf can't shoot down the Israeli jets anyway because of IFF or built in software.

what would it mean for EAF if the IAF has the source codes for their f16s?

Excuse for little off topic

i have concluded from this discussion that

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, turkey, Syria, UAE, Pakistan and other Muslim countries who want to join should keep their conflicts a side

and should made a common defense weapon research and development institute like European union

and should stop relying on yahood-o-nisara

Excuse for little off topic

i have concluded from this discussion that

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, turkey, Syria, UAE, Pakistan and other Muslim countries who want to join should keep their conflicts a side

and should made a common defense weapon research and development institute like European union

and should stop relying on yahood-o-nisara

I totally agree, but I don't think you want to wait on the leaderships to do such a thing. A private enterprise employing our bright heads would have a bigger chance of succeeding.
What is the best muslim country to start up a defence company in? in terms of infrastructure, knowledge (engineers, software people etc) and ease of doing business (costs, permits, legal system etc)

that's insane. So what exactly would it mean that Israel has EAF's F16's source codes?

Man that is a dumb deal then.
I can assure you that Egypt and Israel are not done fighting. Their animosity is thousands of years old and still very much alive

So it is not far fetched that Israel has the source codes for basically all arab f16s
what about the pakistani ones?

no they don't have any pakistani codes infact there was a time when they nearly tried along with india to bomb our nuclear sites but backed off after we threatened them with retaliation and told them the pakistani airforce wasn't the egyptian one also on egyptian f-16s i believe there is built in failsafe software which blocks them from firing on israeli planes.They have hundreds of f-16s but these jets are completely harmless when it comes to israel.

no they don't have any pakistani codes infact there was a time when they nearly tried along with india to bomb our nuclear sites but backed off after we threatened them with retaliation and told them the pakistani airforce wasn't the egyptian one also on egyptian f-16s i believe there is built in failsafe software which blocks them from firing on israeli planes.They have hundreds of f-16s but these jets are completely harmless when it comes to israel.

Ya I know about the Indo-israeli conspiracy to take out Pak's nukes.
How stupid, so EAF is simply useless when it comes to protect itself from Israeli aggression. Man where they thinking with their a**?
Would it be able to remove the failsafe software or alter it?

that's insane. So what exactly would it mean that Israel has EAF's F16's source codes?

Man that is a dumb deal then.
I can assure you that Egypt and Israel are not done fighting. Their animosity is thousands of years old and still very much alive

So it is not far fetched that Israel has the source codes for basically all arab f16s
what about the pakistani ones?

Brother , according to my Info they dont have source codes for our F-16's but even if they do and they confront us in a war situation where we couldn't use our F-16's because of source codes then it would Compell us to use some massively destructive force against them.

They wont dare mess with us:coffee:

Brother , according to my Info they dont have source codes for our F-16's but even if they do and they confront us in a war situation where we couldn't use our F-16's because of source codes then it would Compell us to use some massively destructive force against them.

They wont dare mess with us:coffee:

I am confident that Pakistan would deal with such a thing in a proper and good way. But still this is a very serious issue.

I am confident that Pakistan would deal with such a thing in a proper and good way. But still this is a very serious issue.

Yes PAF understands this situation and every possible altarnative is being done specially you see the development of Thunders was a response to presler ammendments.

We are a part of FC-20 Program and Inshallah soon enough we will become lndependant in millitary productions with the help of Chinese friends.

Y
How stupid, so EAF is simply useless when it comes to protect itself from Israeli aggression. Man where they thinking with their a**?
Would it be able to remove the failsafe software or alter it?

Hi
They are still not thinking from their heads. EAF wants more F-16's. it would be much better if they go for JF-17 or j-10 if they want some credible & cheap defense against Israeli's, Israel will soon have JSF , how does EAF plans to encounter it, Egypt should get into some JV with Pakistan & China to take care of this stealth fighters threat.

Hi
They are still not thinking from their heads. EAF wants more F-16's. it would be much better if they go for JF-17 or j-10 if they want some credible & cheap defense against Israeli's, Israel will soon have JSF , how does EAF plans to encounter it, Egypt should get into some JV with Pakistan & China to take care of this stealth fighters threat.

absolutely, I am really astonished by this lack of rational thinking.

Back
Top Bottom