What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

We can only simply sell jf-17 to egypt..

how can we start co production witht them,, we hav invested 500 Million on this project

We can only simply sell jf-17 to egypt..

how can we start co production witht them,, we hav invested 500 Million on this project

dear brother this is business... if we don't offer them licence assembly they would go and buy something else..

dear brother this is business... if we don't offer them licence assembly they would go and buy something else..

how many they want to induct..if the number is between 100 then its ok

and will they can export the jf-17 to other countries?
or they can only license produce for ther own?

there is nothing any such deal guys so matter is already finished. and no need to involve in there matter every nation is free to sign peace deal with any other country.

It's allegedly in the Chinese forum that CAC is working on Egypt specified JF-17/FC-1: new radar with detection of RCS 5m2 plane in 150km and reduction of FC-1 RCS to below 1m2. Egyptian assembly line delivery is said to be 2012.

Sanchez...FC-1/JF-17 is as it is and will remain until blk2. Pakistan is a joint partner therefore without Pakistan's approval i am not sure egyptians will ever get any deal.

The deal is not off but it does not take a day or two...most likely they were too quick with their approach..they've there hands full too they are looking to upgrade 50-60 mig-21s, and perhaps they might look to upgrade their f-4 phantoms similar to turkey with israel's help not sure though. plus they're getting F-16 blk 52 around 20 with weapons package. These upgrades and purchases are going to cost them around 850-900 million dollars. for now deal looks delayed for couple of years but keep fingers crossed.

It's allegedly in the Chinese forum that CAC is working on Egypt specified JF-17/FC-1: new radar with detection of RCS 5m2 plane in 150km and reduction of FC-1 RCS to below 1m2. Egyptian assembly line delivery is said to be 2012.

i think then jf-17 block ii will have radar with range equal to 150km or more

and can you tell me in what numbers egyption will buy.....?

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

on a side note, would the Egyptian F16s be able to fire missiles on Israeli jets? why do I suspect the software wouldn't allow it.
Or even worse, a self-destruct mechanism that will bring the plane down if a war breaks out between the two

on a side note, would the Egyptian F16s be able to fire missiles on Israeli jets? why do I suspect the software wouldn't allow it.
Or even worse, a self-destruct mechanism that will bring the plane down if a war breaks out between the two

us already say no for amraam even egypt has 220 f-16 which is shock itself.i think israeli sofa will detect egyption f-16 before and fire on it . i am really disopaited on egyption f-16 its huge numbers and us not given high tech with them because of wrong deal by egyption gov. if egypt buy such numbers they can got even TOT or atleast some great radar missile along with.but anyway time will tell whats true capabilty on war time.

I don't think Egypt will dare go to war with israel, especially when it gets a lot of American military aid.

Some one already mentioned that the israelis probably already have the source codes to the Egyptian F-16's.

how many they want to induct..if the number is between 100 then its ok

and will they can export the jf-17 to other countries?
or they can only license produce for ther own?

48 may well be the first tranche. Egypt has a requirement of upto 100-150 planes .A member posted here their current fleet and they have quite a few older planes they might want to replace. So as such it is not a bad idea to have assembly rights.
Araz

Egypt is given the planes to counter Russia for US , that is it
Those planes will not fire on (Allied countries)

All the weapons that have the feature of distinguishing friend & foe set
up can be confused to believe enemy planes are also friends ... just thru software & communication links

This is why its critical for Egypt to also have independent plateforms

that's insane. So what exactly would it mean that Israel has EAF's F16's source codes?

Man that is a dumb deal then.
I can assure you that Egypt and Israel are not done fighting. Their animosity is thousands of years old and still very much alive

So it is not far fetched that Israel has the source codes for basically all arab f16s
what about the pakistani ones?

Egypt is given the planes to counter Russia for US , that is it
Those planes will not fire on (Allied countries)

All the weapons that have the feature of distinguishing friend & foe set
up can be confused to believe enemy planes are also friends ... just thru software & communication links

This is why its critical for Egypt to also have independent plateforms

Egyptian Airforce F-16's are some of the technologically one of the most advanced aircraft in the entire Middle eastern region, in some aspect I always rate this massive of amount of F-16 fleet above IAF's current fleet. Egypt never need to get feel panic about Isreali airforce, since Egyptians Policymakers has long been of the view that, peace and stability with Isreal is much more important tool then looking around independent fleet which can counter Isreali air dominance. Egypt has always been firm supporter of certain Isreali diplomatic standings and hence any egyptian concern with isreal will be dealth with Mutual understanding.

In contrast, Egyptian Airforce is next powerful airforce after Isreal in entire Arab world including parts of Africa and this force projection is major tool for Egypitan Policymakers to maintain their influence on entire region.

Back
Top Bottom