What's new

Egypt mulls JF-17 co-production

hmmmm i remember meanbird posting the previous cheif of staff's comments regarding the jf17 radar being better than our blk 15 f16a plus the ability of bvrs.
[reports of even the j10 radar being tested on jf17 for better bvr capability]
avionics apart , the manouveriblity aswell as the life of airframe are very important--

jf17 is thus a better choice with the option of upgradation without an embargo.

so i think that instead of more f16s , they shouldve gone with a few squadrons of better fighter for air superiority and replace all the aging aircrafts with jf17 because our jf17 already comes upto to roughly blk30 f16 in performance , thus being far better than there pre-existing low/mid planes.

no need to be offensive ,sami1, but paf learnt to become self-reliant the hard way and in the process has come upto be be even more stronger and deadlier than before-- if paf is willing to give u guys tot of there 10 years of hard work , then what are u guys waiting for! --

i wish some country would ve offered tot so openly and frankly of an operational fighter at minimal strings attatched to paf as pakistan has done to our brothren country!

IT WOULD BE AN HONOUR TO HELP OUT OUR BROTHREN , IF THEY ASK OUR HELP

Last edited:
i wish some country would ve offered tot so openly and frankly of an operational fighter at minimal strings attatched to paf as pakistan has done to our brothren country!

IT WOULD BE AN HONOUR TO HELP OUT OUR BROTHREN , IF THEY ASK OUR HELP

What the hell is wrong with us.

Our JF-17 is not for charity.

No arab should ever be allowed to even get close to our baby. They are not worth it.

If these fake brothers of ours want to deal with ISRAEL, they have to do it themselves.

No arab should ever be allowed to even get close to our baby. They are not worth it.

If these fake brothers of ours want to deal with ISRAEL, they have to do it themselves.

why you always post these kind of BS???
You seems to be on anti-Pakistan agenda.

take your hatred speech to somewhere else... you dont know how much financial help these arab states have given us, without which we wont be here..

i remember some time back when things got pretty heated between india/pak -- the indian chief was also counting uae f16s plus saudi awacs in the equation

if a particular leader of a country was corrupt or not upto your expectation, it doesnt mean the whole countrymen are like it..ive the prevelge of meeting egyptians in the states and they are the most litterate , soft spoken muslims ive ever met--- so get a broader mind of view , -- ours, pakistanis have very narrow perception and nearsitedness :hitwall:

Last edited:

i dont know who you r what u r ????????

but to me any one who say "lailaha illalaho muhamadur-rasoolulah"

i will value his boold more than me

wether he is up to my expectation or not

Leave that guy, get back on topice. Now, I think that Pakistan can't be too 'greedy' at this stage, because we may derail the whole deal. Give and take. Maybe we can have parts made in Pak but put together in Egypt that should be our lowest point imo, no resale allowed. But we should try to manufacture everything in Pakistan, perhaps offer an incentive i.e little discount for future JF17's or discount if they buy Al-Khalid as well. I bet Egypt's tanks aren't great either.

I disagree with Waffen, Israili guns are used in Kashmir, Israel was first to help India in Kargil, supplied UAV's. We should get ourselves involved in Arab conflicts, the reward is great for us there. As a 'big brother' in Military Equipment, in return nations will 'warm up' to us which means better economic trade and the money from arms sales. Think of the long run too, if we make this sale then JF17 has big boost in Arabia, Arab neighboors may want it aswell and Africans.

Leave that guy, get back on topice. Now, I think that Pakistan can't be too 'greedy' at this stage, because we may derail the whole deal. Give and take. Maybe we can have parts made in Pak but put together in Egypt that should be our lowest point imo, no resale allowed. But we should try to manufacture everything in Pakistan, perhaps offer an incentive i.e little discount for future JF17's or discount if they buy Al-Khalid as well. I bet Egypt's tanks aren't great either.

I disagree with Waffen, Israili guns are used in Kashmir, Israel was first to help India in Kargil, supplied UAV's. We should get ourselves involved in Arab conflicts, the reward is great for us there. As a 'big brother' in Military Equipment, in return nations will 'warm up' to us which means better economic trade and the money from arms sales. Think of the long run too, if we make this sale then JF17 has big boost in Arabia, Arab neighboors may want it aswell and Africans.

I think Egypt might be lured into a deal, if they can have a part in development of future projects.
But I think they will face huge pressure from the US, as the aid given to them each year most likely must only be used on American goods and arms. Their Abrams tanks are with export armor, meaning basically a coffin on tracks.

Published on an authentic Chinese website and Egyptians are inching closer and closer to JFT ........ :)

"Eastern net on August 2 news: The Ukraine Kiev weekly reported the other day, in the last few years, Russia has attempted to convince Egypt to purchase 40 Mig - 29 jet fighters. However now, Beijing Government may destroy this contract - Egypt Military present to hold with China and Pakistan discusses, intends to Egypt domestic produces China's Fierce Dragon fighter plane.

The report said that although the Fierce Dragon fighter plane does not compare the Mig in the specification aspect, but Fierce Dragon is cheaper than 3.5 times the Mig, its selling price is only 10,000,000 US dollars. Obviously, to the Egyptian, the price is the determining factor.

What is interesting, what the Chinese Fierce Dragon fighter plane provides is Russia's RD-93 engine. Originally, Russia with its direct competitor cooperation, the joint production jet fighter, this model of fighter plane is Russia defense industry one of principal exports.

The report pointed out that the Mig airplane company and the Sukhoi airplane company is in charge of already publishes the open letter to the Russian federation Military technology Cooperation Bureau and Russia Arm export Company, protested that Russia signs to China provides 100 RD-93 engine's contract, this contract original in May signs.

Regarding this open letter, although Russia Arm export Company has made the response, but actually chooses supports China. Regarding this, this company representative pointed out: “this kind exports again defers to the Russian Government's law execution. Moreover, signs this kind of contract with the end product manufacturer not to need any procedure.”

The report said that at present was still unable to determine Russia's this decision is to gain the sales commission, has the factor which the negligence or lacks the ability to do what one would like. In fact, such defeat will cause Russia to lose the great fund.

No matter what, Russia leadership has realized finally from its Chinese competitor's threat. Recently, according to the Moscow Government's instruction, the Russian public purchase department announced one in its website to devote in the research investigates the Chinese weapon strategy and the tactical discrimination and the military hardware supplier's bid contract. This contract value 200,000 rubles. This investigation's result will be used for will be a submission president's report prepares for Russia.

Facing China arm export pattern, how should Russia place the research emphasis point China in Moscow, from thought that belongs to own market to move.

Plans in Russia studies China when the munitions export domain gets the advantage, China was still continuing to develop this kind of superiority. The Chinese government said that China aviation industry will probably in the next five years realize the independence, no longer will rely on imports the Russian fighter plane engine. Presently, China mainly imports two model of Russian-made engines: AL-31 (unit price 3,500,000 US dollars, use in Soviet - 27/30, annihilating - 11, annihilate - 10) and RD-93 (unit price 2,500,000 US dollars, is Mig - 29 fighter planes may substitute engine, simultaneously uses in the Fierce Dragon fighter plane).

Before very long time, the industry expert then forecast that said that China's will promote gradually in global munitions market status, but Russia gradually will be pushed aside. Has this kind of situation the primary cause is Russia the technological strength which and the foundation inherits from the Soviet time is moving toward the end. In the past's 20 years, Russia Military enterprise has left uncultivated its human resources, the productive skill and manufacturing capacity gradually. The wish makes up such loss, even if has several hundred hundred million US dollars “the petrodollars”, is also not easy matter.

An analysis report which appears by the Russian national defense and ministry of industry subordinate some committee has carried on the analysis to the Russian armed forces industry situation, discovered that Russia 1/3 Military enterprises went out of business basically; Russia compares industrialized country low ten times to the war industry domain investment's research and development fund; The training of manpower investment compares industrialized country low 5 times; The labor efficiency compares the global target lowly five to ten times; More than half satisfies the weaponry design production request the skill is not the loss, is obsolete; According to many targets, the most Military enterprise condition misses - its more than half production equipment rate of wear to achieve extremely 100%.

Specially it is noteworthy that the Russian national defense hardware production loss factor is excessively high. Usually in the situation, Russia defense industry invests one ruble every time, will lose 97 kopecks, this means that the majority company's true rates of return will be 3%. In addition, Russia defense industry also faced many technical barriers, Moscow was deciding recently purchased France helicopter carrier and the Israeli unmanned aerial vehicle explained this point, did not need to raise it also to purchase such as Germany spare parts and the technology and so on armor plate or French infrared image formation meter.

Actually, Russia's export potential several near dry. Although Russia can from 5 to 7 years in maintain the world top-quality munitions exporter at the future the given name, but it faces the technical objective factor will cause its not to be optimistic in the future in the global munitions market performance.

Finished to this ten years, in the world the most munitions importer gradually will cut to the next generation weapon. Moreover, without a doubt, China and India will compete for the munitions the export market to try hard. Theoretically, this means that China will occupy the low end the export market. In any event, the current tendency continues if maintains, Russia will be very possibly unable with them to compete. (translation: Spring breeze)"

The Egyptian Air force possibly gives up the Russia Mig 29 revolutions buying Chinese Fierce Dragon fighter plane _ other military movements _ the prosperous military

Man it will be good if Egypt has joined the JF-17 program and invested like 30% of the total cost and they can even pursue Dual seater of it as AJT and JF-17 conversion. And they can produce in nos like 200 JFT & 100-150 JFT dual ones.

Man it will be good if Egypt has joined the JF-17 program and invested like 30% of the total cost and they can even pursue Dual seater of it as AJT and JF-17 conversion. And they can produce in nos like 200 JFT & 100-150 JFT dual ones.

I hope that the three countries be working together alongwith the Turkish and enhance the tech further...InshAllah...
:pakistan::pdf:

I think the Egyptians will settle for around 100~150 or so JF-17s...they'll probably replace the F-7s, MiG-21s and Mirage Vs. I suspect the Egyptians might buy off the Qatari and UAE Mirage 2000-5/-9s as well, at least some of them anyways. The production lines will be handy in case the U.S. decides to lessen the aid-money supply and what not.

I think the Egyptians will settle for around 100~150 or so JF-17s...they'll probably replace the F-7s, MiG-21s and Mirage Vs. I suspect the Egyptians might buy off the Qatari and UAE Mirage 2000-5/-9s as well, at least some of them anyways. The production lines will be handy in case the U.S. decides to lessen the aid-money supply and what not.

man they need to replace the F-5s also so it would be much better if the also invested 30-40% in this project. So they could produce in good nos. and could produce if they could engage their private industrial suppliers to supply 50% of the Airframe components and when the engines got ready they could also produce it. This will allow them to have a good start at defence industry. And further they could go for J-XX JV so in order to replace F-16 in future.:cheers:

I think we definitely need to bring the Egyptians on board, they can help us lower the cost by increasing the production rate of the aircraft.

Engines are the main issue, lets see if we can sort that out.

I bet Egyptians and Pakistanis are both holding their breath on the success of WS-13

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom