What's new

Egypt likely to get F-15s: CENTCOM chief

Its amazing how so-called allied western nations continuedly conn nations selling them fairly useless hardware. In the modern age fighters need BVR capability, I dont see the point buying planes without it now.

Instead of F-15 wouldnt Rafael be a better option?

They did offer their 5th gen fighter to KSA so I dont know a lot can happen in next 3-4 years
making an offer & actually making a sale happen are two different things

Stearman biplane.jpg

They go for it or not is up to them. We Pakistanis , shouldn't shy in marketing our stuff if it can do the job.

jF17 block 3 with PL15 can outgunned your F15 without decent Amraam.

Outgun? it wouldnt even be a match even with the SD10.

All these purchases are such a waste of funds and precious jets. What good a 100 million jet when it cant even fire a missile longer than 20 miles in best case scenario?

making an offer & actually making a sale happen are two different things

The US still provides the Egyptians 2 billion in aid annually due to their peace deal with Israel. Egypt is the second largest receiver of military aid after Israel.

Outgun? it wouldnt even be a match even with the SD10.

All these purchases are such a waste of funds and precious jets. What good a 100 million jet when it cant even fire a missile longer than 20 miles in best case scenario?

The US still provides the Egyptians 2 billion in aid annually due to their peace deal with Israel. Egypt is the second largest receiver of military aid after Israel.
You are "still" uneducated about these matters which is $1.3 billion in armaments for Egypt and $3 billion for Usrael..

You and a bench of others are spewing a lot of bitterness about this possible deal.. and trying to have others swallow your poisoned thoughts about BVR missiles.. Which Egypt has a ton of them in all its latest air force acquisitions..The F-16 is an old deal and there were reasons not to provide Egypt with the latest BVR for 220 F-16.. that is already an overwhelming air force on its own.. and there was the main fact that Egypt refused to sign the bilateral communications agreement (CISMOA) that protect and regulate the use of sensitive American avionics and communications systems.. for over 30 years.. but now it is different since Egypt signed it in 2018..

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/joint/diplomacy-a-peace/egypt-signs-cismoa-communications-agreement/

Last edited:
Is SISI nuts bought F 16 Rafales MIG 35 what else

if you think Pakistani air force is nuts for buying F-16, Mirage, JF-17 I II III, J-10C and soon the J-20.. You must be nuts..

Both Egypt and Pakistan have bad neighbors armed to the teeth and technologically supported by the West..They are just seeking equilibrium for deterrence purposes..

“...In the case of Egypt, uhh- I think we have good news, and that we are gonna provide them with F-15s, which was a long, hard slog...”
Such were the words of Gen. McKenzie, the CENTCOM commander, today.

This comes as Egypt likely forgets about Russian Su-35s and orders 30 more Rafales with constant rumors of an F-16 armament package [Check this].

Egypt had requested around 150 F-15 fighters in the 80s, as well as an undisclosed number of F-15Es at the beginning of the 21st century.

It’s unclear how many F-15s Egypt is willing to acquire, at what costs and of what variant - that’s likely to be revealed soon.
Only question is will they come with BVR not. If they don't come with BVR then they are of no use.

Why does Egypt need such a large air force?
Power projection in Africa, especially to try to influence the upper Nile (Ethiopia) and Mediterranean coast. The two axis of potential future threats Egypt is political able to challenge. Other potential challenges will have to be managed diplomatically more then militarily.

The disinformation is great in this thread comments and I am asking myself is this on purpose? I am baffled..

Egypt has BVR and in fact a superior one to Amraam as they have Meteor... It is better you do some research next time before posting idiocy on the internet

Yes they have BVR now. These BVR came in last 7 to 8 years before that since founding of modern Egypt they never had BVR. Now they have BVR due to MIG 29 M and Rafale. Although I am not sure that if they have received Meteor or not. @The SC can tell better.

Don't buy all the Israeli propaganda. Egyptian military performed admirably in 1973. If they had better AC at the time, Israel would not exist today. That's why USA wont give EAF anything with good BVR.
Dig this forum10 or 15 years ago we open the thread and discuss in detail the failure of the Egyptian air force. Not in the mood to write again many undisclosed facts when Pakistan pilots spent some time with Egyptian pilots during that time and their point of view.. May be they got better.

JF-17B3 is better then a downgraded F-15 with limited BVR capability. Its also better then Iraqi F-16's.
Don't forget these F-15s are coming for free.. and since there is no more production of the old sparrows BVR and the Aim-120 A/B.. they will certainly come with the Aim-120 (most likely the C 7/8) with them ..

Yes they have BVR now. These BVR came in last 7 to 8 years before that since founding of modern Egypt they never had BVR. Now they have BVR due to MIG 29 M and Rafale. Although I am not sure that if they have received Meteor or not. @The SC can tell better.
Received it.. not sure, contracted it, yes absolutely.. it needs at least the FR3 version of Rafale to fire it.. Egypt as of last year's news ..was upgrading its existing 24 Rafales to the FR3 standard in batches..

It is all mentioned here:

List of munitions used by the Egyptian Air Force

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_munitions_used_by_the_Egyptian_Air_Force

Last edited:
Dig this forum10 or 15 years ago we open the thread and discuss in detail the failure of the Egyptian air force. Not in the mood to write again many undisclosed facts when Pakistan pilots spent some time with Egyptian pilots during that time and their point of view.. May be they got better.
When you'll be in a better mood, can you tell us if you were talking about the 1967 disaster or the 1973 Egyptian victory..

My friend the Aim-7 Sparrow was a BVR air to air missile..
The Egyptians got AIM-7E and F&P before 1986 the AIM-7M later on.. That was almost 40 years ago..

Read its History:

https://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article10.html

Last edited:
You are "still" uneducated about these matters which is $1.3 billion in armaments for Egypt and $3 billion for Usrael..

You and a bench of others are spewing a lot of bitterness about this possible deal.. and trying to have others swallow your poisoned thoughts about BVR missiles.. Which Egypt has a ton of them in all its latest air force acquisitions..The F-16 is an old deal and there were reasons not to provide Egypt with the latest BVR for 220 F-16.. that is already an overwhelming air force on its own.. and there was the main fact that Egypt refused to sign the bilateral communications agreement (CISMOA) that protect and regulate the use of sensitive American avionics and communications systems.. for over 30 years.. but now it is different since Egypt signed it in 2018..

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/joint/diplomacy-a-peace/egypt-signs-cismoa-communications-agreement/
Ignore the nationalists here. They are always making tall claims with little proof and put down especially Arab militaries. As a Pakistani I wish the best for my Egyptian brothers in their defence. I’m sure Egyptian airforce isn’t stupid and knows what it’s doing. These guys were raising questions why Pakistan bought J-10C and didn’t go full JF-17. Our air forces are professional and surely know what their doing!

Back
Top Bottom