What's new

Egypt likely to get F-15s: CENTCOM chief

Still i am happy that we don't have dumb officers in our Air Force. Basicly Egypt airforce does have 3 different fighters from 3 countries for now. Ad F15 means a lot of maintain challenge, F15 will be a expensive fighter to maintain. What will ad F15 to ther air force when you have Rafale, twin engine fighters?

If they can fire AIM120Ds than nothing can be better than F15s and F16s for Egyptian airforce. If not , than Egypt could seriously look towards J10Cs and JF17block3s which will give them liberty to fire deep via PL15s. Russian jets wont be an option for most of the countries for the next few years because of serious sanctions.

Does Egyptian Rafales fire meteor ?
yes the new batch of rfales will provide meteor and mica ng missiles

Without modern BVR missiles, all these f15s, f16s, rafales are meaningless. J10C / Block3 thunders with Pl15 any day.
you seriously did not just compare the jf 17 as a f15 replacement lol

dont think they will ever go for jf-17, please stop dragging it into every news piece around the world, its embarrassing.

J-10, meanwhile, is an entirely different thing.
They go for it or not is up to them. We Pakistanis , shouldn't shy in marketing our stuff if it can do the job.

yes the new batch of rfales will provide meteor and mica ng missiles

you seriously did not just compare the jf 17 as a f15 replacement lol
jF17 block 3 with PL15 can outgunned your F15 without decent Amraam.

Last edited:
Which is the reason why I hyperlinked Tactical Report’s Article, so far more Rafales are on the way, with an unprecedented likelihood of Egypt getting AMRAAMs for its F-16s, as well as upgrades.

Rafale has the MICA BVR missile?

Yep, expecting a large J-10 deal if the F-16 isn’t upgraded soon.
No meteors currently, not for any export except India AFAIK. We expect them to be supplied with the 30 new Rafales said to be slightly more advanced than the current EAF Rafale fleet.

Sparrows are BVR, they just aren’t independent in their guidance method.

I don't understand what is going on, please educate me,

Egypt will use this hardware against whom ?

Egypt is buying expensive stuff from 3 suppliers, what is the support and logistics going to look like ?

JF-17B3 is better then a downgraded F-15 with limited BVR capability. Its also better then Iraqi F-16's.
you people jump to a million conclusions now the f15 will be with no amraams the export variant china will provide egypt of the pl15 if purchased will not exceed 150km or even less and the avionics are not the best no hard feelings

Still i am happy that we don't have dumb officers in our Air Force. Basicly Egypt airforce does have 3 different fighters from 3 countries for now. Ad F15 means a lot of maintain challenge, F15 will be a expensive fighter to maintain. What will ad F15 to ther air force when you have Rafale, twin engine fighters?
Its a boogy to force Turkey into making a false move.

“...In the case of Egypt, uhh- I think we have good news, and that we are gonna provide them with F-15s, which was a long, hard slog...”
Such were the words of Gen. McKenzie, the CENTCOM commander, today.

This comes as Egypt likely forgets about Russian Su-35s and orders 30 more Rafales with constant rumors of an F-16 armament package [Check this].

Egypt had requested around 150 F-15 fighters in the 80s, as well as an undisclosed number of F-15Es at the beginning of the 21st century.

It’s unclear how many F-15s Egypt is willing to acquire, at what costs and of what variant - that’s likely to be revealed soon.
Rumors from Reuters talk about 40 F-15s..

Wasn't Egypt prepared to invade Libya to counter Turkey?
There is a widening area of consensus with Egypt (more precisely, the UAE) on Libya. In any case, the new president will be from Misrata and Turkey's economic losses will not be ignored. There is no insurmountable problem between Turkey and Egypt. There are several issues of dispute that are about to be overcome. Another factor is the improvement in UAE-Turkey relations and bacto to pre-2013 status. The two countries, have already begun to reach a parallel position in many areas, especially on Libya.

I am very pleased with the military strengthening of Egypt. Egypt and Turkey do not have a conflicting position geopolitically, on the contrary, they have a suitable basis to join forces. Daily political strife is temporary, heads of state are temporary; and most of them are my out of interest, I'm more interest with grand picture. Although some losers who tend to use the Turkish-Egyptian tension in favor of their national interests will be very upset by this, the future of Egypt-Turkey relations is bright.

Back
Top Bottom