What's new

Egypt likely to get F-15s: CENTCOM chief

Without modern BVR missiles, all these f15s, f16s, rafales are meaningless. J10C / Block3 thunders with Pl15 any day.
True.. but the US does not make the Sparrow anymore.. so if this deal is approved .. the Egyptian F-15s will come with the AIM-120 AMRAAM for sure..

you people jump to a million conclusions now the f15 will be with no amraams the export variant china will provide egypt of the pl15 if purchased will not exceed 150km or even less and the avionics are not the best no hard feelings
you dont even have 100km range missiles right now.

True.. but the US does not make the Sparrow anymore.. so if this deal is approved .. the Egyptian F-15s will come with the AIM-120 AMRAAM for sure..
@The SC do you think Egypt would have a chance of receiving any before 2025?
Egypt is apparently second in queue after Indonesia?

Without modern BVR missiles, all these f15s, f16s, rafales are meaningless. J10C / Block3 thunders with Pl15 any day.

Pathetic unorganized AF. dozens of different fighters, no BVR, No awac support, never won an air war in its history.

They need to spend on better leadership and strategic planning

Don't buy all the Israeli propaganda. Egyptian military performed admirably in 1973. If they had better AC at the time, Israel would not exist today. That's why USA wont give EAF anything with good BVR.

are the Rafale wit out bvr? lol billions of dollar wasted... :p:

The disinformation is great in this thread comments and I am asking myself is this on purpose? I am baffled..

Egypt has BVR and in fact a superior one to Amraam as they have Meteor... It is better you do some research next time before posting idiocy on the internet

Lol. delusional thought.
How? Sisi was prepared to invade Libya to "kick" out Turkey? Many Egyptian and Turkish members on PDF clearly show a dislike for each other.

Instead of F-15 wouldnt Rafael be a better option?

china won't sell it to Egypt for starters
They did offer their 5th gen fighter to KSA so I dont know a lot can happen in next 3-4 years

it is as far as my knowledge goes EAF still isnt satisfied with rafale numbers they wish to to make it to 72-100 aircraft and la tribune said that Egypt has been in negotiations for 12 months on a used aircraft carrier with 20 Rafale-M on it
And the pentagon usually agrees on military sales to egypt its the congress where the sale dies

The disinformation is great in this thread comments and I am asking myself is this on purpose? I am baffled..

Egypt has BVR and in fact a superior one to Amraam as they have Meteor... It is better you do some research next time before posting idiocy on the internet

ther is no single references of the claim. So it can go to trash. Source talks about PGM and cruisemissiles.

ther is no single references of the claim. So it can go to trash. Source talks about PGM and cruisemissiles.

No.. My reply was to the collective.. EGYPT has BVR.. I was stating a fact that was denied on purpose here

@The SC do you think Egypt would have a chance of receiving any before 2025?
Egypt is apparently second in queue after Indonesia?
Maybe 2025 will be the start of delivery, these are big machines.. and mostly if there are 40 of them as some rumors go..

They've already ordered 30 additional Rafales that we know of, bringing the total eventually up to 53/54. They are looking for more since they love that thing.

EAF has been looking for a heavy/air superiority fighter for over 20 years, hence why they went out and ordered the Su-35. This might be the 3rd or 4th time they either requested it or are close to making a deal.

If it's 24 aircraft as most prelim orders are, then I think they'll split the batch with 12 Strike Es and 12 Cs. The C is a beast in the intercept and one on one role. I think it's also a sure bet that the AIM-120 will be part of this deal.

They've already ordered 30 additional Rafales that we know of, bringing the total eventually up to 53/54. They are looking for more since they love that thing.

EAF has been looking for a heavy/air superiority fighter for over 20 years, hence why they went out and ordered the Su-35. This might be the 3rd or 4th time they either requested it or are close to making a deal.

If it's 24 aircraft as most prelim orders are, then I think they'll split the batch with 12 Strike Es and 12 Cs. The C is a beast in the intercept and one on one role. I think it's also a sure bet that the AIM-120 will be part of this deal.
12Cs? More like 30 CFT equipped F-15s of the ones the US is selling to Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia - fingers crossed.
Let’s see if a DSCA notification vis-a-vis F-15s is posted soon.

Back
Top Bottom