What's new

Egypt Islamist says heavy metal concert Satanist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not in a religious way...but seeing the way some of these head banging punks turn up for the concerts I get pretty freaked too.

The Clear Evidence that Music is Haram

Print Version | << Back
The Religion of Islaam has made clear the prohibition of Music, as is clear from the Qur'aan, ahaadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and the understanding of the Companions (radi Allaahu anhum), when all three are taken together.
From the Qur'aan:
Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa says, what means:
"Do you marvel at this statement, and laugh and do not weep, while you amuse yourselves [proudly] in vanities ? Rather, prostrate before Allaah and worship Him [alone]." Soorah an-Najm, aayaat 59-62
According to Ibn Abbaas (ra), the word 'saamidoon' in this verse refers to the mushrikeen's habit of singing and playing music noisily whenever they heard the Qur'aan being recited, in order to drown out the reciters voice so that others wouldn't hear it.
Also, Allaah says (regarding Satan) what means :
" 'And excite any of them whom you can with your voice. Assault them with your cavalry and infantry, be a partner with them in their wealth and children, and make them promises.' But Satan promises them nothing except deceit." Soorah al-Israa, aayah 64
Some of the taabi'een such as ad-Dahhaak and Mujaahid interpreted Satan's exciting mankind with his voice to mean through the use of music, song and amusement. Ad-Dahhaak said it was the sound of wind instruments. However according to Ibn Abbaas (ra), the voice mentioned in the verse refers to every form of invitation which calls to the disobedience of Allaah the Exalted, which seems to be the most correct interpretation.
Finally, Allaah says what means:
"And there are among men those who purchase idle talk in order to mislead others from Allaah's Path without knowledge, and who throw ridicule upon it. For such there will be a humiliating punishment." Soorah Luqmaan, aayah 6
Ibn Masood (ra) said about this verse "I swear by the One other than Whom there is no God that it refers to singing [ghinaa].", and he repeated this three times. Ibn Abbaas (ra) said it refered to 'singing and the like' while Jaabir (ra) is reported to view its meaning to signify singing and listening to songs. Many taabi'oon such as Mujaahid, Ikrimah, Mak-hool and Umar ibn Shu'ayb viewed it as a censure of music and song.
From the ahaadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa salaam) :
Contrary to the commonly held belief, there are a number of authentic narrations from the Prophetic Sunnah which clearly point to the indisputable fact that music, instruments, singing to accompaniment, etc. are objects prohibited by the Islamic Sharia. The exceptions to this general rule are specific , limited types of innocent singing or chanting without any instrumental accompaniment or to the accompaniment of a simple hand drum (daff) on certain occasions designated by the sunnah.
Unfortunately, many Muslims entertain the misconception that all the ahaadeeth relating to music, singing and musical instruments are either weak (da'eef) or forged (mawdoo') - a position that is untenable.
The Narration of al-Bukhaaree:
The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :
"There will be [at some future time] people from my Ummah who will seek to make lawful fornication, the wearing of silk, wine drinking and the use of musical instruments [ma'aazif]. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say : 'Return to us tomorrow'. Then Allaah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state unitl the Day of Resurrection."
al-Jowhari, the author of the ancient dictionary 'as-Sihaah', asserts that ma'aazif signifies musical instruments, al-'aazif indicates one who sings, and the 'azf of the wind is its voice.. Az-Zabeedi also says that ma'aazif are instruments of leisure which are drummed upon or played, like the loot ('ood) , the drum (tanboor), the small hand drum (daff) or other such musical objects. Ibn Hajar in Fathul-Baaree relates that 'azf is also used to describe singing (ghinaa).
This authentic hadeeth clearly establishes the prohibition of music and singing and this in itself is sufficient for the one who really wishes to see the Truth of the affair. However theer are other authentic narrations on the subject that we quote below.
The Narration of Ibn Maajah :
The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :
"A people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of female singers. Allaah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into apes and swine."
This hadeeth has also been narrated by al-Bayhaaqi and ibn Asaakir, and has been authenticated by the renowned scholar of hadeeth Ibn al-Qayyim.
Narrations of Ahmed bin Hanbal :
"Verily Allaah prohibited wine, gambling and al-koobah; and every intoxicant is prohibited." Sufyan said :" I asked the narrator, Ali bin Badheemah, ' What is al-Koobah?' He answered, 'It is the drum'."
"Verily Allaah has prohibited for my Ummah wine, gambling, a drink distilled from corn, the drum and the lute; while He supplemented me with another Prayer, the witr"
The Narration of Haakim and Others :
That the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :
"Verily I did not prohibit weeping [per se], but rather I forbade two voices [sowtayn] which are imbecilic [ahmaq] and sinfully shameless [faajir]: one a voice [singing] to the accompaniment of musical amusement [lahw] and Satan's [wind] instruments; the other, a voice [wailing] due to some calamity, accompanied by striking of the face and tearing of garments. But this [weeping off mine] stems from compassion, and whosoever does not show compassion will not receive it."
This hadeeth is graded Hasan, and has been strengthened by other narrations.
The Narration of Abu Bakr ash-Shaafi'ee :
Anas bin Maalik (radi Allaahu anhu) related from the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that "two cursed sounds are that of the [wind] instrument [mizmaar] played on the occasion of joy and grace, and woeful wailing upon the occurrence of adversity."
These narrations should prove sufficient to show the illegality of music and singing to musical accompaniment to the one "has a heart or who gives ear and honestly witnesses [the Truth]." (Soorah Qaaf, verse 37).
From the statements of the Companions (radi Allaahu anhum) :
The Sahaabah (radi Allaahu anhum) were the best people after the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), and best understood the deen of Islaam as they understood it directly from the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). The ijmaa' (consensus) of the Sahaabah is therefore binding upon the Muslim Ummah, as is the compleet consensus of any generation of scholars on a certain religious issue.
The Companions (radi Allaahu anhum) unanimously agreed upon the prohibition of music and song but allowed particular exceptions specified by the authentic sunnah.
In the preceding sections we have already quoted some of the Sahaabah such as Ibn Masood and Ibn Abbaas (radi Allaahu anhumaa). This was also the view of the Four Rightly Guided Khulafaa and the fuqahaa from amongst the Sahaabah.

The Clear Evidence that Music is Haram

Print Version | << Back
The Religion of Islaam has made clear the prohibition of Music, as is clear from the Qur'aan, ahaadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and the understanding of the Companions (radi Allaahu anhum), when all three are taken together.
From the Qur'aan:
Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa says, what means:
"Do you marvel at this statement, and laugh and do not weep, while you amuse yourselves [proudly] in vanities ? Rather, prostrate before Allaah and worship Him [alone]." Soorah an-Najm, aayaat 59-62
According to Ibn Abbaas (ra), the word 'saamidoon' in this verse refers to the mushrikeen's habit of singing and playing music noisily whenever they heard the Qur'aan being recited, in order to drown out the reciters voice so that others wouldn't hear it.
Also, Allaah says (regarding Satan) what means :
" 'And excite any of them whom you can with your voice. Assault them with your cavalry and infantry, be a partner with them in their wealth and children, and make them promises.' But Satan promises them nothing except deceit." Soorah al-Israa, aayah 64
Some of the taabi'een such as ad-Dahhaak and Mujaahid interpreted Satan's exciting mankind with his voice to mean through the use of music, song and amusement. Ad-Dahhaak said it was the sound of wind instruments. However according to Ibn Abbaas (ra), the voice mentioned in the verse refers to every form of invitation which calls to the disobedience of Allaah the Exalted, which seems to be the most correct interpretation.
Finally, Allaah says what means:
"And there are among men those who purchase idle talk in order to mislead others from Allaah's Path without knowledge, and who throw ridicule upon it. For such there will be a humiliating punishment." Soorah Luqmaan, aayah 6
Ibn Masood (ra) said about this verse "I swear by the One other than Whom there is no God that it refers to singing [ghinaa].", and he repeated this three times. Ibn Abbaas (ra) said it refered to 'singing and the like' while Jaabir (ra) is reported to view its meaning to signify singing and listening to songs. Many taabi'oon such as Mujaahid, Ikrimah, Mak-hool and Umar ibn Shu'ayb viewed it as a censure of music and song.
From the ahaadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa salaam) :
Contrary to the commonly held belief, there are a number of authentic narrations from the Prophetic Sunnah which clearly point to the indisputable fact that music, instruments, singing to accompaniment, etc. are objects prohibited by the Islamic Sharia. The exceptions to this general rule are specific , limited types of innocent singing or chanting without any instrumental accompaniment or to the accompaniment of a simple hand drum (daff) on certain occasions designated by the sunnah.
Unfortunately, many Muslims entertain the misconception that all the ahaadeeth relating to music, singing and musical instruments are either weak (da'eef) or forged (mawdoo') - a position that is untenable.
The Narration of al-Bukhaaree:
The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :
"There will be [at some future time] people from my Ummah who will seek to make lawful fornication, the wearing of silk, wine drinking and the use of musical instruments [ma'aazif]. Some people will stay at the side of the mountain and when their shepherd comes in the evening to ask them for his needs, they will say : 'Return to us tomorrow'. Then Allaah will destroy them during the night by causing the mountain to fall upon them, while He changes others into apes and swine. They will remain in such a state unitl the Day of Resurrection."
al-Jowhari, the author of the ancient dictionary 'as-Sihaah', asserts that ma'aazif signifies musical instruments, al-'aazif indicates one who sings, and the 'azf of the wind is its voice.. Az-Zabeedi also says that ma'aazif are instruments of leisure which are drummed upon or played, like the loot ('ood) , the drum (tanboor), the small hand drum (daff) or other such musical objects. Ibn Hajar in Fathul-Baaree relates that 'azf is also used to describe singing (ghinaa).
This authentic hadeeth clearly establishes the prohibition of music and singing and this in itself is sufficient for the one who really wishes to see the Truth of the affair. However theer are other authentic narrations on the subject that we quote below.
The Narration of Ibn Maajah :
"A people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of female singers. Allaah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into apes and swine."
This hadeeth has also been narrated by al-Bayhaaqi and ibn Asaakir, and has been authenticated by the renowned scholar of hadeeth Ibn al-Qayyim.
Narrations of Ahmed bin Hanbal :
"Verily Allaah prohibited wine, gambling and al-koobah; and every intoxicant is prohibited." Sufyan said :" I asked the narrator, Ali bin Badheemah, ' What is al-Koobah?' He answered, 'It is the drum'."
"Verily Allaah has prohibited for my Ummah wine, gambling, a drink distilled from corn, the drum and the lute; while He supplemented me with another Prayer, the witr"
The Narration of Haakim and Others :
That the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said :
"Verily I did not prohibit weeping [per se], but rather I forbade two voices [sowtayn] which are imbecilic [ahmaq] and sinfully shameless [faajir]: one a voice [singing] to the accompaniment of musical amusement [lahw] and Satan's [wind] instruments; the other, a voice [wailing] due to some calamity, accompanied by striking of the face and tearing of garments. But this [weeping off mine] stems from compassion, and whosoever does not show compassion will not receive it."
This hadeeth is graded Hasan, and has been strengthened by other narrations.
The Narration of Abu Bakr ash-Shaafi'ee :
Anas bin Maalik (radi Allaahu anhu) related from the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that "two cursed sounds are that of the [wind] instrument [mizmaar] played on the occasion of joy and grace, and woeful wailing upon the occurrence of adversity."
These narrations should prove sufficient to show the illegality of music and singing to musical accompaniment to the one "has a heart or who gives ear and honestly witnesses [the Truth]." (Soorah Qaaf, verse 37).
From the statements of the Companions (radi Allaahu anhum) :
The Sahaabah (radi Allaahu anhum) were the best people after the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), and best understood the deen of Islaam as they understood it directly from the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). The ijmaa' (consensus) of the Sahaabah is therefore binding upon the Muslim Ummah, as is the compleet consensus of any generation of scholars on a certain religious issue.
The Companions (radi Allaahu anhum) unanimously agreed upon the prohibition of music and song but allowed particular exceptions specified by the authentic sunnah.
In the preceding sections we have already quoted some of the Sahaabah such as Ibn Masood and Ibn Abbaas (radi Allaahu anhumaa). This was also the view of the Four Rightly Guided Khulafaa and the fuqahaa from amongst the Sahaabah.

Mr I have read Tafseer you go and do some research Music is haram Sahaba only used to to do poetry and that to encourage in wars and for naat nothing else Romantic poetry was strictly prohibited and their are cases when in time of Sahabas people were even punished for that so you go and study first than tell me Sir

1) Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) says that he heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) say: "Most certainly, there will be in my Ummah people who will make lawful fornication, silk, liquor and musical instruments." (Bukhaari)

(2) In another version of this narration, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Most certainly, people from my Ummah will consume liquor which they will describe with some other name. Over their heads will be playing musical instruments and singing girls. Allah will cause the earth to swallow them, and from among them He will transform into apes and pigs." (Ibn Maajah)

The punishment for music and singing is exceptionally severe. Some juhhaal (ignoramuses) have attempted to escape the condemnation of music and singing stated in this Hadith by presenting a very stupid argument.

This Hadith is an unambiguous assertion of the hurmat (being haraam/prohibition) of musical instruments. In this Hadith, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) uses the word (Yasta-hil-loona, i.e. they will make lawful). He mentioned four acts which people in the later ages would make lawful, viz. fornication, liquor, silk and music. This presupposes that these acts are haraam. It is meaningless to say that a lawful act will be made lawful. This absurdity is the consequence of the stupid and false contention of the proponents of music and singing. A haraam act is made lawful, and this is precisely what Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said.

The time will dawn when Muslims will make halaal these four haraam acts.

(3) Imraan Bin Husain (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "In this Ummah will be earthquakes, disfiguration (of faces which will be transformed into apes and pigs) and showers of stone (descending o*n them from the heaven)." A man from among the Muslimeen said: "O Rasulullah! When will this be?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When singing girls and musical instruments will become profuse and when liquor will be consumed (in abundance)."(Tirmizi)

(4) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "During the last of ages (in close proximity to Qiyaamah) a nation from my Ummah will be disfigured (and transformed) into apes and pigs." The Sahaabah said: "O Rasulullah! Will they be Muslim?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Yes. They will be testifying that there is no deity but Allah and that I am His Rasool, and they will be fasting (in the month of Ramadhaan)." The Sahaabah asked: "O Rasulullah! What will be their condition (to warrant such chastisement)?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "They will be indulging in musical instruments, singing girls, musical drums, and they will be consuming liquor. They will o*ne night go to sleep after their liquor and amusement. When they arise in the morning, they will have been disfigured (and transformed into apes and pigs)." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

It is apparent from this Hadith that the musical drum (the tablah of the qawwaals) and similar other kinds of musical drums are not the duff mentioned in the Ahaadith. Musical drums have been declared haraam unanimously by all authorities from the very age of the Sahaabah.

(5) According to another Hadith, also narrated by Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu), Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I take oath by The Being Who has sent me with the Haqq (Truth)! The world will not come to an end until earthquakes, the descent of showers of stones (from the heaven) and disfigurement of faces (which will be transformed into apes and swines) had not taken place.' The Sahaabah said: 'When will that happen, O Rasulullah?' He replied: 'When you see women seated o*n saddles (i.e. riding horses and in this age, driving cars); when singing girls are to be found in profusion; when false testimony becomes rampant, and when homosexuality and lesbianism become prevalent." (Bazzaar and Tibraani)

(6) Hadhrat Ali Bin Abi Taalib (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When my Ummah indulges in fifteen misdeeds, calamities will settle o*n them. Among these are singing girls and musical instruments." (Tirmizi)

(7) Sahl Bin Sa'd (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "There will befall this Ummat earthquakes, disfigurement of faces and showers of stones.' It was said: 'O Rasulullah! When will this happen?' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'When singing girls become in profusion and liquor is made lawful." (Ibn Maajah)

Numerous Sahaabah have narrated Ahaadith in which Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) warned of disasters overwhelming the Ummah as a consequence of the profusion of music, singing and singing girls. Among these Sahaabah are: Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari, Hadhrat Imraan Bin Husain, Hadhrat Abu Hurairah, Hadhrat Ali, Hadhrat Sahl Bin Sa'd As-Saaidi, Hadhrat Ubaadah Bin Saamit, Hadhrat Abu Umaamah, Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas, Hadhrat Saeed Bin Khudri, Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Bishr, Hadhrat Anas, Hadhrat Abdur Rahmaan Bin Saabit and Hadhrat Aishah (ridhwaanullaahi alayhim aj-maeen).

(8) Hadhrat Naafi' (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Once when Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) heard the sound of a shepherd's flute, he placed his fingers in both ears (to block the sound of the music), and he diverted his mount from that path. (As they rode o*n), he would say: 'O Naafi', can you still hear (the sound)?' I would say: 'Yes.' He would then continue riding. o*nly when I said: 'I can no longer hear it', did he remove his fingers from his ears. Then he returned to the road. He then said: 'I saw Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) doing like this when he had heard the flute of a shepherd." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)

This was the reaction of the devotees of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). They could not tolerate the voice of shaitaan. When music dinned into their ears, they literally plugged their ears with their fingers. By what stretch of reasoning and o*n what basis of shame and honesty can it be claimed that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had permitted music and singing? He had described it as the voice of shaitaan. He would plug his ears to block the sound of shaitaan's voice entering his ears.

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum and the tambourine. And, every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)

(10) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, Allah has made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum, and every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Baihqi, etc.)

(11) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "The musical drum (tablah) is haraam. Liquor is haraam, and musical instruments are haraam." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

(12) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) heard a man singing o*ne night. He then said: 'His Salaat is unacceptable! His Salaat is unacceptable! His Salaat is unacceptable!" (Nailul Autaar)

(13) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Listening to music and singing is sinful. Sitting at such gatherings is fisq (immoral transgression). Deriving pleasure from it is kufr." (Nailul Autaar)

(14) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have been sent (by Allah) to destroy musical instruments&#8230;&#8230;..The earning of a male singer and a female singer is haraam. The earning of zina is haraam. It is incumbent o*n Allah not to allow a body nourished by haraam, entry into Jannah." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

The evil of music and singing is sufficiently abominable to warrant it being lumped together with zina (fornication). o*ne Hadith describes singing as "the spell of shaitaan."

(15) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have been sent (by Allah Ta'ala) to destroy the musical drum (tablah) and the flute." (Jam'ul Jawaami')

The tablah and other forms of musical drums are not to be confused with the duff for which there is limited permissibility.

(16) Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The earning of a singer is haraam and her singing is haraam." (Nailul Autaar)

(17) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) said: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibited beating of the duff (drum) and the sound of the flute." (Nailul Autaar)

From this Hadith as well as others, the ambiguity about the duff is eliminated. It is clear from several Ahaadith that the general ruling of prohibition applies to even the duff. However, an exception has been made for o*nly the duff for the Days of Eid and marriage occasions provided no haraam acts are committed. This Hadith has the effect of abrogation. It cancels out the other narrations in which the duff was allowed. The fact that Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) and other Sahaabah too propagated the general prohibition of the duff even after the demise of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is sufficient substantiation for the abrogating force of this Hadith as well as other Ahaadith which also mention the prohibition of the duff.

(18) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) forbade beating the duff, playing the harp and blowing the flute." (Kanzul Ummaal)

(19) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, singing generates hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes farm-produce to grow". (Baihaqi)

(20) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Love for singing germinates hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes plants to grow."

(21) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Beware of listening to musical instruments and singing, for verily, both these acts germinate nifaaq (hypocrisy) in the heart just as water causes vegetables to grow." (Kaf-fur Ru'aa')

(22) Hadhrat Anas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever sits and listens to a singing girl, Allah will pour molten lead into his ears o*n the Day of Qiyaamah." (Ibn Asaakir)

On what basis now can the permissibility of music and singing be argued? The severity of the punishment should be an adequate deterrent to abstain even if some narrations indicate permissibility.

(23) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever dies while he has a singing slave girl, do not perform Janaazah Salaat for him." (Haakim)

(24) Safwaan Bin Umayyah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Amr Bin Qurrah said (to Rasulullah &#8211; sallallahu alayhi wasallam): "I am very unfortunate. I do not see any way for acquiring my rizq except by means of my duff. Therefore, grant me permission to sing (i.e. with my duff) such songs which will be devoid of any immorality (evil).' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) replied: "I do not give you permission. There is no honour and no goodness (in what you are saying). O enemy of Allah! You are a liar. Most certainly, Allah has ordained for you halaal rizq, but you have chosen what Allah has made haraam for you in place of what He has made halaal for you of the sustenance He has decreed for you." (Baihqi, Tibraani, Dailmi)

(25) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "On the Day of Qiyaamah, Allah Azza Wa Jal will proclaim: "Where are those who had protected their ears and their eyes from the musical instruments of shaitaan?" (Allah Ta'ala will instruct the Malaaikah): "Separate them (from the multitudes of people)." They (the Angels) will separate them, and have them seated o*n dunes of musk and ambergris then Allah Ta'ala will say to the Malaaikah: "Recite to them My Tasbeeh and My Tamjeed." The Malaaikah will then recite to them with such beautiful voices, the likes of which no o*ne had ever heard."

This Hadith has been narrated by Allaamah Ibn Hajar Makki from Dailmi. The Sahaabi narrating it is Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu). Allaamah Ali Muttaqi also narrates this Hadith, but from the Sahaabi, Hadhrat Jaabir (radhiyallahu anhu)-Kanzul Ummaal. Allamah Muhammad Bin Muhammad Maghribi narrates this Hadith from Hadhrat Bin Al-Munkadir (Jam'ul Fawaaid). Imaam Tha-aalabi also narrates it from Muhammad Bin Al-Munkadir, but from Ibn Wahab. &#8211; (Jawaahirul Hassaan)

Those who indulge in the haraam music and singing of this world, will be denied the music of Jannat.

(26) Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever listens to the sound of singing, he will not be given permission to listen to the (beautiful) voices of the Ruhaaniyyeen in Jannat." When it was asked: 'Who are the Ruhaaniyyeen?' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The Qaaris of Jannat." (Kanzul Ummaal)

In his Tafseer, Imaam Qurtubi comments: "We have mentioned this Hadith in Kitaabut Tathkirah along with other similar examples. Thus, he who consumes wine will be denied the pure drink (of Jannat) in the Aakhirah. He who wears silk will not wear silk in the Aakhirah, etc. All this is correct in meaning&#8230;&#8230;"

(27) Hadhrat Ibn Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibited singing and listening to singing, and (he also prohibited) gossip." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

(28) Zaid Bin Arqam (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Once a youth while singing passed by Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) who was walking in a street of Madinah. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'Alas! O young man! Why do you not sing with the Qur'aan (i.e. recite it beautifully instead of singing songs)?' He repeated this statement several times." (Dailmi)

(29) Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When someone raises his voice with singing, Allah sends two shaitaans who sit o*n his shoulders striking his breast with their heels until he stops (singing)." (Tibraani)

(30) Hadhrat Abdur Rahmaan Bin Auf (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have forbidden two ignorant immoral voices: (The first)- the sounds of futility at the time of merrymaking, and the musical instruments of shaitaan. (The second)- the wailing sounds at the time of calamity when the face is struck and the garments are torn." (Haakim in Mustadrak)

(31) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The bell is among the musical instruments of shaitaan." (Abu Dawood)

(32) Kisaan narrates that Hadhrat Muaawiyyah (radhiyallahu anhu) stated in his Khutbah: "Verily, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) forbade seven things, and I too forbid you from these things. Know that these things are: Loud wailing (on occasions of death), singing, pictures&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;" (Tibraani)

(33) In a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (radhiyallahu anhu), it is mentioned that o*n the occasion of the expulsion of shaitaan from the heaven and his exile to earth, he (Iblees) supplicated to Allah Ta'ala: "O my Rabb! You have exiled me to earth and you have made me accursed&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;Now, therefore bestow to me a caller (who can call to my path).' Allah Ta'ala said: "(Your caller) is musical instruments&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.." (Tibraani)

(34) Allaamah Qurtubi, in his Tafseer, narrates the following Hadith: "Verily, o*nce when Abdullah Bin Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) heard someone singing, he hastily left the place. This reached Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). He thereupon commented: 'Indeed, Ibn Umm Abd (i.e. Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud) is an honourable abd (slave ofAllah)."

Two salient facts emerge from this Hadith: o*ne- Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) was aware of the prohibition of music and singing, hence he hastily left the place. Two- Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) approved of his action and commended him. This too clearly indicates the evil of singing and music.

(35) Hadhrat Abu Burzah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "We were with the Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) o*n a journey when he heard two men singing. The o*ne was responding to the other (by means of singing poetry). Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then said: 'Look who these two are.' They (the Sahaabah) said: 'They are so and so (naming them).' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then cursed, saying: 'O Allah! Cast them upside down in Jahannum." (Majmauz Zawaaid)

The gravity of the prohibition of singing and music should be apparent from the vehemence of the curse of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).

(36) Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, Allah Ta'ala sent me as a Mercy and a Guide to the worlds, and He has commanded me to destroy musical instruments&#8230;&#8230;"

(37) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'Verily, the bell is of the musical instruments of shaitaan." (Muslim and Abu Dawood)

(38) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The Malaaikah do no associate with a group in which there is a dog or a bell." (Muslim and Abu Dawood)

(39) Hadhrat Aishah (radhiyallahu anha) narrated: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) instructed that all bells be cut off from the necks of the camels o*n the Day of Badr." (Musnad Ahmad)

(40) Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "I heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) saying: "Verily, with every bell is a shaitaan." (Abu Dawood)

The tinkling and jingling of bells are also associated with shaitaani music, hence the stringent prohibition.

Now that these numerous Ahaadith in which Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) severely condemns music and singing has dawned o*n those who lacked awareness, there cannot be a Muslim with a healthy Imaan who will still believe in the permissibility of the voice of shaitaan.

[Extracted from: Sautush Shaitaan]
40 Hadith on Music :: Muftisays Blogs

1) Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) says that he heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) say: "Most certainly, there will be in my Ummah people who will make lawful fornication, silk, liquor and musical instruments." (Bukhaari)

(2) In another version of this narration, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Most certainly, people from my Ummah will consume liquor which they will describe with some other name. Over their heads will be playing musical instruments and singing girls. Allah will cause the earth to swallow them, and from among them He will transform into apes and pigs." (Ibn Maajah)

The punishment for music and singing is exceptionally severe. Some juhhaal (ignoramuses) have attempted to escape the condemnation of music and singing stated in this Hadith by presenting a very stupid argument.

This Hadith is an unambiguous assertion of the hurmat (being haraam/prohibition) of musical instruments. In this Hadith, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) uses the word (Yasta-hil-loona, i.e. they will make lawful). He mentioned four acts which people in the later ages would make lawful, viz. fornication, liquor, silk and music. This presupposes that these acts are haraam. It is meaningless to say that a lawful act will be made lawful. This absurdity is the consequence of the stupid and false contention of the proponents of music and singing. A haraam act is made lawful, and this is precisely what Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said.

The time will dawn when Muslims will make halaal these four haraam acts.

(3) Imraan Bin Husain (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "In this Ummah will be earthquakes, disfiguration (of faces which will be transformed into apes and pigs) and showers of stone (descending o*n them from the heaven)." A man from among the Muslimeen said: "O Rasulullah! When will this be?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When singing girls and musical instruments will become profuse and when liquor will be consumed (in abundance)."(Tirmizi)

(4) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "During the last of ages (in close proximity to Qiyaamah) a nation from my Ummah will be disfigured (and transformed) into apes and pigs." The Sahaabah said: "O Rasulullah! Will they be Muslim?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Yes. They will be testifying that there is no deity but Allah and that I am His Rasool, and they will be fasting (in the month of Ramadhaan)." The Sahaabah asked: "O Rasulullah! What will be their condition (to warrant such chastisement)?" Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "They will be indulging in musical instruments, singing girls, musical drums, and they will be consuming liquor. They will o*ne night go to sleep after their liquor and amusement. When they arise in the morning, they will have been disfigured (and transformed into apes and pigs)." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

It is apparent from this Hadith that the musical drum (the tablah of the qawwaals) and similar other kinds of musical drums are not the duff mentioned in the Ahaadith. Musical drums have been declared haraam unanimously by all authorities from the very age of the Sahaabah.

(5) According to another Hadith, also narrated by Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu), Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I take oath by The Being Who has sent me with the Haqq (Truth)! The world will not come to an end until earthquakes, the descent of showers of stones (from the heaven) and disfigurement of faces (which will be transformed into apes and swines) had not taken place.' The Sahaabah said: 'When will that happen, O Rasulullah?' He replied: 'When you see women seated o*n saddles (i.e. riding horses and in this age, driving cars); when singing girls are to be found in profusion; when false testimony becomes rampant, and when homosexuality and lesbianism become prevalent." (Bazzaar and Tibraani)

(6) Hadhrat Ali Bin Abi Taalib (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When my Ummah indulges in fifteen misdeeds, calamities will settle o*n them. Among these are singing girls and musical instruments." (Tirmizi)

(7) Sahl Bin Sa'd (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "There will befall this Ummat earthquakes, disfigurement of faces and showers of stones.' It was said: 'O Rasulullah! When will this happen?' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'When singing girls become in profusion and liquor is made lawful." (Ibn Maajah)

Numerous Sahaabah have narrated Ahaadith in which Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) warned of disasters overwhelming the Ummah as a consequence of the profusion of music, singing and singing girls. Among these Sahaabah are: Hadhrat Abu Maalik Ash'ari, Hadhrat Imraan Bin Husain, Hadhrat Abu Hurairah, Hadhrat Ali, Hadhrat Sahl Bin Sa'd As-Saaidi, Hadhrat Ubaadah Bin Saamit, Hadhrat Abu Umaamah, Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas, Hadhrat Saeed Bin Khudri, Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Bishr, Hadhrat Anas, Hadhrat Abdur Rahmaan Bin Saabit and Hadhrat Aishah (ridhwaanullaahi alayhim aj-maeen).

(8) Hadhrat Naafi' (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Once when Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) heard the sound of a shepherd's flute, he placed his fingers in both ears (to block the sound of the music), and he diverted his mount from that path. (As they rode o*n), he would say: 'O Naafi', can you still hear (the sound)?' I would say: 'Yes.' He would then continue riding. o*nly when I said: 'I can no longer hear it', did he remove his fingers from his ears. Then he returned to the road. He then said: 'I saw Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) doing like this when he had heard the flute of a shepherd." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)

This was the reaction of the devotees of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). They could not tolerate the voice of shaitaan. When music dinned into their ears, they literally plugged their ears with their fingers. By what stretch of reasoning and o*n what basis of shame and honesty can it be claimed that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) had permitted music and singing? He had described it as the voice of shaitaan. He would plug his ears to block the sound of shaitaan's voice entering his ears.

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum and the tambourine. And, every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad and Abu Dawood)

(10) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, Allah has made haraam liquor, gambling, the musical drum, and every intoxicant is haraam." (Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Baihqi, etc.)

(11) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "The musical drum (tablah) is haraam. Liquor is haraam, and musical instruments are haraam." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

(12) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) heard a man singing o*ne night. He then said: 'His Salaat is unacceptable! His Salaat is unacceptable! His Salaat is unacceptable!" (Nailul Autaar)

(13) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Listening to music and singing is sinful. Sitting at such gatherings is fisq (immoral transgression). Deriving pleasure from it is kufr." (Nailul Autaar)

(14) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have been sent (by Allah) to destroy musical instruments&#8230;&#8230;..The earning of a male singer and a female singer is haraam. The earning of zina is haraam. It is incumbent o*n Allah not to allow a body nourished by haraam, entry into Jannah." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

The evil of music and singing is sufficiently abominable to warrant it being lumped together with zina (fornication). o*ne Hadith describes singing as "the spell of shaitaan."

(15) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have been sent (by Allah Ta'ala) to destroy the musical drum (tablah) and the flute." (Jam'ul Jawaami')

The tablah and other forms of musical drums are not to be confused with the duff for which there is limited permissibility.

(16) Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The earning of a singer is haraam and her singing is haraam." (Nailul Autaar)

(17) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) said: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibited beating of the duff (drum) and the sound of the flute." (Nailul Autaar)

From this Hadith as well as others, the ambiguity about the duff is eliminated. It is clear from several Ahaadith that the general ruling of prohibition applies to even the duff. However, an exception has been made for o*nly the duff for the Days of Eid and marriage occasions provided no haraam acts are committed. This Hadith has the effect of abrogation. It cancels out the other narrations in which the duff was allowed. The fact that Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) and other Sahaabah too propagated the general prohibition of the duff even after the demise of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is sufficient substantiation for the abrogating force of this Hadith as well as other Ahaadith which also mention the prohibition of the duff.

(18) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) forbade beating the duff, playing the harp and blowing the flute." (Kanzul Ummaal)

(19) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, singing generates hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes farm-produce to grow". (Baihaqi)

(20) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Love for singing germinates hypocrisy in the heart just as water causes plants to grow."

(21) Hadhrat Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Beware of listening to musical instruments and singing, for verily, both these acts germinate nifaaq (hypocrisy) in the heart just as water causes vegetables to grow." (Kaf-fur Ru'aa')

(22) Hadhrat Anas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever sits and listens to a singing girl, Allah will pour molten lead into his ears o*n the Day of Qiyaamah." (Ibn Asaakir)

On what basis now can the permissibility of music and singing be argued? The severity of the punishment should be an adequate deterrent to abstain even if some narrations indicate permissibility.

(23) Hadhrat Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever dies while he has a singing slave girl, do not perform Janaazah Salaat for him." (Haakim)

(24) Safwaan Bin Umayyah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Amr Bin Qurrah said (to Rasulullah &#8211; sallallahu alayhi wasallam): "I am very unfortunate. I do not see any way for acquiring my rizq except by means of my duff. Therefore, grant me permission to sing (i.e. with my duff) such songs which will be devoid of any immorality (evil).' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) replied: "I do not give you permission. There is no honour and no goodness (in what you are saying). O enemy of Allah! You are a liar. Most certainly, Allah has ordained for you halaal rizq, but you have chosen what Allah has made haraam for you in place of what He has made halaal for you of the sustenance He has decreed for you." (Baihqi, Tibraani, Dailmi)

(25) Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "On the Day of Qiyaamah, Allah Azza Wa Jal will proclaim: "Where are those who had protected their ears and their eyes from the musical instruments of shaitaan?" (Allah Ta'ala will instruct the Malaaikah): "Separate them (from the multitudes of people)." They (the Angels) will separate them, and have them seated o*n dunes of musk and ambergris then Allah Ta'ala will say to the Malaaikah: "Recite to them My Tasbeeh and My Tamjeed." The Malaaikah will then recite to them with such beautiful voices, the likes of which no o*ne had ever heard."

This Hadith has been narrated by Allaamah Ibn Hajar Makki from Dailmi. The Sahaabi narrating it is Hadhrat Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu). Allaamah Ali Muttaqi also narrates this Hadith, but from the Sahaabi, Hadhrat Jaabir (radhiyallahu anhu)-Kanzul Ummaal. Allamah Muhammad Bin Muhammad Maghribi narrates this Hadith from Hadhrat Bin Al-Munkadir (Jam'ul Fawaaid). Imaam Tha-aalabi also narrates it from Muhammad Bin Al-Munkadir, but from Ibn Wahab. &#8211; (Jawaahirul Hassaan)

Those who indulge in the haraam music and singing of this world, will be denied the music of Jannat.

(26) Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever listens to the sound of singing, he will not be given permission to listen to the (beautiful) voices of the Ruhaaniyyeen in Jannat." When it was asked: 'Who are the Ruhaaniyyeen?' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The Qaaris of Jannat." (Kanzul Ummaal)

In his Tafseer, Imaam Qurtubi comments: "We have mentioned this Hadith in Kitaabut Tathkirah along with other similar examples. Thus, he who consumes wine will be denied the pure drink (of Jannat) in the Aakhirah. He who wears silk will not wear silk in the Aakhirah, etc. All this is correct in meaning&#8230;&#8230;"

(27) Hadhrat Ibn Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prohibited singing and listening to singing, and (he also prohibited) gossip." (Kaf-fur Ruaa')

(28) Zaid Bin Arqam (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Once a youth while singing passed by Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) who was walking in a street of Madinah. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'Alas! O young man! Why do you not sing with the Qur'aan (i.e. recite it beautifully instead of singing songs)?' He repeated this statement several times." (Dailmi)

(29) Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "When someone raises his voice with singing, Allah sends two shaitaans who sit o*n his shoulders striking his breast with their heels until he stops (singing)." (Tibraani)

(30) Hadhrat Abdur Rahmaan Bin Auf (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "I have forbidden two ignorant immoral voices: (The first)- the sounds of futility at the time of merrymaking, and the musical instruments of shaitaan. (The second)- the wailing sounds at the time of calamity when the face is struck and the garments are torn." (Haakim in Mustadrak)

(31) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The bell is among the musical instruments of shaitaan." (Abu Dawood)

(32) Kisaan narrates that Hadhrat Muaawiyyah (radhiyallahu anhu) stated in his Khutbah: "Verily, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) forbade seven things, and I too forbid you from these things. Know that these things are: Loud wailing (on occasions of death), singing, pictures&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;" (Tibraani)

(33) In a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abu Umaamah (radhiyallahu anhu), it is mentioned that o*n the occasion of the expulsion of shaitaan from the heaven and his exile to earth, he (Iblees) supplicated to Allah Ta'ala: "O my Rabb! You have exiled me to earth and you have made me accursed&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;Now, therefore bestow to me a caller (who can call to my path).' Allah Ta'ala said: "(Your caller) is musical instruments&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.." (Tibraani)

(34) Allaamah Qurtubi, in his Tafseer, narrates the following Hadith: "Verily, o*nce when Abdullah Bin Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) heard someone singing, he hastily left the place. This reached Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). He thereupon commented: 'Indeed, Ibn Umm Abd (i.e. Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud) is an honourable abd (slave ofAllah)."

Two salient facts emerge from this Hadith: o*ne- Hadhrat Abdullah Bin Mas'ud (radhiyallahu anhu) was aware of the prohibition of music and singing, hence he hastily left the place. Two- Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) approved of his action and commended him. This too clearly indicates the evil of singing and music.

(35) Hadhrat Abu Burzah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "We were with the Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) o*n a journey when he heard two men singing. The o*ne was responding to the other (by means of singing poetry). Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then said: 'Look who these two are.' They (the Sahaabah) said: 'They are so and so (naming them).' Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then cursed, saying: 'O Allah! Cast them upside down in Jahannum." (Majmauz Zawaaid)

The gravity of the prohibition of singing and music should be apparent from the vehemence of the curse of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).

(36) Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Verily, Allah Ta'ala sent me as a Mercy and a Guide to the worlds, and He has commanded me to destroy musical instruments&#8230;&#8230;"

(37) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrates: "Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: 'Verily, the bell is of the musical instruments of shaitaan." (Muslim and Abu Dawood)

(38) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "The Malaaikah do no associate with a group in which there is a dog or a bell." (Muslim and Abu Dawood)

(39) Hadhrat Aishah (radhiyallahu anha) narrated: "Verily, Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) instructed that all bells be cut off from the necks of the camels o*n the Day of Badr." (Musnad Ahmad)

(40) Hadhrat Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated: "I heard Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) saying: "Verily, with every bell is a shaitaan." (Abu Dawood)

The tinkling and jingling of bells are also associated with shaitaani music, hence the stringent prohibition.

Now that these numerous Ahaadith in which Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) severely condemns music and singing has dawned o*n those who lacked awareness, there cannot be a Muslim with a healthy Imaan who will still believe in the permissibility of the voice of shaitaan.

[Extracted from: Sautush Shaitaan]
40 Hadith on Music :: Muftisays Blogs

All these Hadiath you have quoted without riwayat..
Or the situation?
have you read all of them.... How about you start with doing three a day along with their riwayat.
Before bringing in copy paste to me.
I could write you a whole lineup of what is wrong in the translation or where what has been conviently left out by the website tha you used.. to fool people like you.
But I have little time to argue with a parrot.

As long as this satanist is not into property destruction ,literal satanic worship or any gore stuff who cares !!

Again incorrectly understood..
What is the base for Samidoon? Where is the verb based? WHO came up with this conclusion?
Samidoon has NOTHING to do with Music..
it means "ghaflat".. referring to careless ignorance..
When those Kuffar used to play Music to ridicule the Quran it was their "ghaflat".. what Ibn Abbass did was to narrate the activity they used in their ghaflat.. not define it Haram.
Nothing to do with Music.. Like I said.. read it yourself instead of copy pasting.

Now to Ayah 64.. The word that you refer to is "Bi-SouTika".. which means to use one's voice.. this can be to sweet talk, to fool, to lecture , or enamour with song.. It is NOT confined to Music my misled friend. Nor does it refer to Music at any point.
It is preceded by " they were fooled by"..

hence the subject is not that they were fooled by MUSIC .. my innocent poster.. but that they were fooled in general by various techniques. At no point are the techniques the subject of the Ayah.. but rather the use of them to fool people.

Please get your head out of the mud you have fallen into .
Learn to read more and not get into copy paste.

Otherwise you are the hypocrite.
Man I have given you 40 Hadees above most in all major books of Hadees and those meaning of ayats has been taken by scholars like Ibn Kaseer and Ibn qayyum and many otheers so if you want to deny Hadees than I am not going to waste time in talking with Non Muslim Sir because I have told you many Hadees now if you want to come up with some funny excuses to make a haram thing halal than I am not going to talk to you

Is internet halal ?

All these Hadiath you have quoted without riwayat..
Or the situation?
have you read all of them.... How about you start with doing three a day along with their riwayat.
Before bringing in copy paste to me.
I could write you a whole lineup of what is wrong in the translation or where what has been conviently left out by the website tha you used.. to fool people like you.
But I have little time to argue with a parrot.

The Noble Qur'an - Luqman 31:6

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire).

Hadith - Bukhari (#787) [Also related by Tabari]

Sa'id ibn Jbayr reported that Ibn 'Abbas said about the verse: "And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks" (31:6), that, "ldle talks means singing and the like."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Isra 17:64

"And Istafiz [literally means: befool them gradually] those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and other call for Allah's disobedience)..."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:494

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

The Noble Qur'an - An-Najm 53:57-62

The Day of Resurrection draws near, None besides Allah can avert it, (or advance it, or delay it). Do you then wonder at this recital (the Qur'an)? And you laugh at it and weep not, Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing, etc.). So fall you down in prostration to Allah, and worship Him (Alone).

‘Ikrimah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that al-sumood [verbal noun from saamidoon, translated here as “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”] means “singing”, in the dialect of Himyar; it might be said “Ismidi lanaa” [‘sing for us’ – from the same root as saamidoon/sumood] meaning “ghaniy” [sing]. And he said (may Allaah have mercy on him): When they [the kuffaar] heard the Qur’aan, they would sing, then this aayah was revealed.

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Allah says (interpretation of the meaning) “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)” – Sufyaan al-Thawri said, narrating from his father from Ibn ‘Abbaas: (this means) singing. This is Yemeni (dialect): ismad lana means ghan lana [sing to us]. This was also the view of ‘Ikrimah. (Tafseer Ibn Katheer).
Can't you see reference please go and check them you just want to make haram thing halal that is your problem Sir

It was narrated that Naafi&#8217; (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Ibn &#8216;Umar heard a woodwind instrument, and he put his fingers in his ears and kept away from that path. He said to me, O Naafi&#8217;, can you hear anything? I said, No. So he took his fingers away from his ears and said: I was with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he heard something like this, and he did the same thing. (Saheeh Abi Dawood).

Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments&#8230;&#8221; (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta&#8217;leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).

1) Sayyiduna Abu Malik al-Ash&#8217;ari (Allah be pleased with him) reports that he heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say: &#8220;There will appear people in my Ummah, who will hold adultery, silk, alcohol and musical instruments to be lawful.&#8221; (Sahih al-Bukhari)

2) Abu Malik al-Ash&#8217;ari (Allah be pleased with him) narrates a similar type of Hadith, but a different wording. He reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: &#8220;Soon there will be people from my Ummah who will consume alcohol, they will change its name (by regarding it permissible. m), on there heads will be instruments of music and singing. Allah will make the ground swallow them up, and turn them into monkeys and swine.&#8221; (Sahih Ibn Hibban & Sunan Ibn Majah, with a sound chain of narration)

In the above two narrations, the word ma&#8217;azif is used. The scholars of the Arabic language are unanimous on the fact that it refers to musical instruments. (Ibn Manzur, Lisan al-Arab, V.9, P.189)

The prohibition of musical instruments is clear in these two narrations. The first Hadith (recorded in Sahih al-Bukhari) mentions that certain people from the Ummah of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace) will try to justify the permissibility of using musical instruments, along with adultery, silk and alcohol, despite these things being unlawful (haram) in Shariah.

Moreover, by mentioning music with the likes of adultery and alcohol just shows how severe the sin is. The one who attempts to permit music is similar to the one who permits alcohol or adultery.

The second Hadith describes the fate of such people in that the ground will be ordered to swallow them and they will be turned into monkeys and swine (May Allah save us all). The warning is specific to those that will hold music, alcohol, silk and adultery to be permissible. It is something that should be of concern for those who try and justify any of these things.

Also, to say that music will only be unlawful if it is in combination with alcohol, adultery and silk is incorrect. If this was the case, then why is it that the exception is only for music from the four things? The same could also be said for adultery, alcohol and silk. One may then even justify that alcohol and adultery is also permissible unless if they are consumed in combination with the other things!

Thus, the above two narrations of the beloved of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) are clear proof on the impermissibility of music and songs.

3) Imran ibn Husain (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: &#8220;This Ummah will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones&#8221;. A man from amongst the Muslims asked: &#8220;O Messenger of Allah! When will this be?&#8221; He said: &#8220;When female singers and musical instruments appear and alcohol will (commonly) be consumed.&#8221; (Recorded by Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Ibn Majah in their respective Sunan collections, and the wording here is of Sunan Tirmidhi)

4) Sayyiduna Ali ibn Talib (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: &#8220;When my Ummah begin doing fifteen things, they will be inflicted with tribulations, and (from those 15 things He said): &#8220;When female singers and musical instruments become common.&#8221; (Sunan Tirmidhi)

5) Na&#8217;fi reports that once Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them both) heard the sound of a Sheppard&#8217;s flute. He put his fingers in his ears, turned his mule away from the road and said: &#8220;O Nafi&#8217;! Can you hear? I (Nafi&#8217;) replied with the affirmative. He carried on walking (with his fingers in his ears) until I said: &#8220;the sound has ceased&#8221; He removed his fingers from his ears, came back on to the road and said: &#8220;I saw the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) doing the same when he heard the flute of the Sheppard.&#8221; (Recorded by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad and Abu Dawud & Ibn Majah in their Sunans)

6) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: &#8220;Verily Allah has forbidden alcohol, gambling, drum and guitar, and every intoxicant is haram.&#8221; (Musnad Ahmad & Sunan Abu Dawud)

7) Abu Umama (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace) said: &#8220;Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affairs of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance.&#8221;(Musnad Ahmad & Abu Dawud Tayalisi)

8) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Mas&#8217;ud (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: &#8220;Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage.&#8221; (Sunan al-Bayhaqi)

9) Sayyiduna Anas (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace) said: &#8220;On the day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress.&#8221; (Recorded by Ibn Asakir & Ibn al-Misri)

10) Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: &#8220;Bell is the flute of Shaytan.&#8221; (Sahih Muslim & Sunan Abu Dawud)

There are many more narrations of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace) in prohibition of musical instruments and unlawful singing. I have merely mentioned a few here as an example.

The great Imam of the Shafi&#8217;i school, Imam Ibn Hajr al-Haytami gathered all these Ahadith which approximately total to forty in his excellent work &#8216;Kaff al-Ra&#8217;a an Muharramat al-Lahw wa al-Sama&#8217;, and then said: &#8220;All of this is explicit and compelling textual evidence that musical instruments of all types are unlawful.&#8221; (2/270)

&#8220;Verily Allah has forbidden alcohol, gambling, drum and guitar

Was there guitar in 8th century Arabia ? *shocked*

Aren't music, laughing, sex, drinking, eating, smiling, fun forbiden? Take simple joy (oops, joy is hareem) from living in a cave, chaining women under blankets, growing your beard, and reading holy books till you die.

Aren't music, laughing, sex, drinking, eating, smiling, fun forbiden? Take simple joy (oops, joy is hareem) from living in a cave, chaining women under blankets, growing your beard, and reading holy books till you die.

skirts, bikinis, protestation, drugs, gays, lesbians, pleasure toys, playboy... a society that full of diseases. homeless, corruption, murders, rape, child abuse the list could go on.

who cares :lol:

i hate heavy metal anyway :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom