What's new

Egypt has placed order for Su-35s

Even if we had offered them JF-17 for free, they wouldn't have taken it. Sometimes prestige issues overtake your rational decisions.

depends how one pitches it.

Egyptians are not bad people. They are much like us. Good amongst them good. bad amongst them pure evil.

It's Egyptian money and Egyptian decision

it's Pakistani foreign office, who's is playing it all wrong.
Our FO must learn, interfering in internal affairs of middle eastern states is a diplomatic suicide, i doubt they do it deliberately for sake of Iran.

Looking at those purchases all I can think is what a logistical nightmare...
Indeed and interesting, let's see how far they go.

Wtf is Egypt doing with all these different types of equipment?!

It's a national interest and goal of Egypt to diversify its sources of weapons in order to avoid any kind of pressure from any supplier during any probable confrontation in future in which you may need a lot of ammunition and spare parts. Despite being considered as an US-ally, Egypt can't fully depend on them or on any other supplier and their political interests.

It's a national interest and goal of Egypt to diversify its sources of weapons in order to avoid any kind of pressure from any supplier during any probable confrontation in future in which you may need a lot of ammunition and spare parts. Despite being considered as an US-ally, Egypt can't fully depend on them or on any other supplier and their political interests.
That requires you to buy a whole lot of everything, in a whole lot of numbers. Common sense says it's not the best way to go. But whatever.

PAF can enact DACT with EAF Rafale

I really don't see an enemy of Egypt with-in its neighbors and I don't think Egypt as an enemy of Israel (and vice versa) after 1979.

Peace is only protected by force and nothing is guaranteed forever. You must be always prepared as if the war is starting on the next day.

it's Pakistani foreign office, who's is playing it all wrong.
Our FO must learn, interfering in internal affairs of middle eastern states is a diplomatic suicide, i doubt they do it deliberately for sake of Iran.

Indeed and interesting, let's see how far they go.
We should offer them jf-17, al-khalid and etc. If they are on a shoppingspree, we shouldn't judge but make profit.

@The SC can prove you wrong.
He is just teasing or ignoring the facts that Egypt has been operating Eastern and Western platforms in all its Military branches for at least 50 years.. with competent manpower on each and every system.. The know-how is huge!
You never hear Egypt complaining about it.. only others do..:lol:

Peace is only protected by force and nothing is guaranteed forever. You must be always prepared as if the war is starting on the next day.
Peace isn't protected by force but by the power of the people.
Objectively, while the peace with Egypt is stable, it's mostly a peace between goverments rather than peace between people.
Therefore, one of the reasons Egypt procure large quantity of equipment is to signal strength and deterrence.
Other reasons are more common ones :
Signal strength and stability in an unstable middle east.
Lure tourists and investors.
Improving Egypt's position on middle eastern issues
and more.

Egypt should improve it's economy and local industry to soften the damage of any such action on it's economy or/and it's military

I agree but have you noticed the trend of acquiring weapons from different suppliers ? Secondly, Egypt's economy has been stronger than Pakistan's, and an enemy (Israel) same as Pakistan's, but the enemy was turned into a friend (1979), and the enemy possesses nuclear weapons, so as per your statement, has Egypt acquired nuclear weapons to be prepared for war the next day since nothing is guaranteed? If yes, excellent, if not , why not ?

Back
Top Bottom