What's new

Egypt Golden Parade: Lessons for Pakistan

Actually, you will find that Pakistani Punjabis are now some of the most Islam obsessed. Perhaps their experience of partition played a role in it. Perhaps the muhajirs passed their hatred of India to them. Regardless, today, they are the most vociferous of the lot who want to disassociate from the land and live in borrowed glories and identities of other Musims.

You will find in rural and south punjab some people who changed their car's license plate to Arabic. The ones who most attend madrassas and support terror groups. In fact, if you look at Pakistanis who have committed religion-related crimes (bombings, etc) in the West, almost all of them were from Pakistan's Punjab region with notable inclusion of Mirpuris.
Thanks for your concern. We'll be just fine without you or your commentary though.

Salaam

Why was Pakistan carved out of the British India? Was it because of the different river systems we used? I don't recall reading about a party based around the Indus valley civilization taking part in the independence struggle.

We should own up to our geographical heritage as well. However, that doesn't necessarily have to be the criteria we define ourselves by.

Pakistan was created specifically because of Islam. This is why people, a great majority, voted for it and why people still see 'our' history as 'Islamic' history. This is why Pakistanis generally view Bin Qasim as the hero instead of the local king (regardless of what some may want).

All that does not mean that we shouldn't learn, preserve and understand the local history. We should maintain historical sites and museums.

History has a lot more to offer than identity. We learn about the workings of human societies and people. It also offers an opportunity for tourism and such.

I am very much interested in the people of the past. Egyptian history, for instance, is such a rich history of human civilization and part of human history. I think it should be preserved and understood.

Pakistan should erect Ranjit Singh statues all over Punjab. Why?
You've got completely the wrong end of the stick here.

Pakistanis are proud of their Islamic identity. It was our destiny and remains so.

Nevertheless, we can be equally proud that we as a people and as a nation own the original seat of polytheist civilisation in the entire subcontinent. The secular republic of India can never lay claim to this legitimately. They can only attempt to usurp it. Through our inaction and slumber, they will continue to usurp that which isn't theirs. Let me repeat: primordial Hinduism ISN'T Indian.

They loathe us for that. This is why we should continue to rediscover our past history and very much elevate its status.

Islam isn't under one iota of threat from Pakistanis celebrating the past. In fact, Vedic Hinduism is under threat from this process, hence they're all out on this thread pushing back against the facts as usual.

Nevertheless, we can be equally proud that we as a people and as a nation own the original seat of polytheist civilisation in the entire subcontinent.
Ever heard of the concept of „Jahaliyyah“ or „Jailiyyat“ in Urdu? Does it have a positive connotation?

Learning history is one thing, celebrating Mushriks or people who claimed to be god-like the other.

I am also interested in history and in preserving history, but I have no love for Ranjit Singh or any other pagan ruler of the past. We have our own heroes!

Tell me one former Muslim country celebrating its Muslim past. Just one! The Greeks? The Indians? Spain? But self-hating P@kis celebrate everything and everybody and criticize people for having Muslim heroes only. Welcome to the new world!
Let me repeat: primordial Hinduism ISN'T Indian.
Bhai, thanks for the fun fact but for the love of god how does this affect the reality of Pakistanis today? What do we get from that?

Let me repeat: primordial Hinduism ISN'T Indian.

They loathe us for that. This is why we should continue to rediscover our past history and very much elevate its status.
Actually, not only do they not loathe Pakistan, Indians don't even think of Pakistan for any Hindu religion-related aspects. All the important holy places are in India with one being in Tibet/China.

Actually, not only do they not loathe Pakistan, Indians don't even think of Pakistan for any Hindu religion-related aspects. All the important holy places are in India with one being in Tibet/China.
You can have them.

Yes egypt is celebrating the pharoahs who committed shirk... By all means if u feel you should follow.

But know that anyone who follows the pharoahs in deed will also follow him in fate...
It was some voodoo ...

You've got completely the wrong end of the stick here.

Pakistanis are proud of their Islamic identity. It was our destiny and remains so.

Nevertheless, we can be equally proud that we as a people and as a nation own the original seat of polytheist civilisation in the entire subcontinent. The secular republic of India can never lay claim to this legitimately. They can only attempt to usurp it. Through our inaction and slumber, they will continue to usurp that which isn't theirs. Let me repeat: primordial Hinduism ISN'T Indian.

Islam isn't under one iota of threat from Pakistanis celebrating the past. In fact, Vedic Hinduism is under threat from this process, hence they're all out on this thread pushing back against the facts as usual.
You preach a Pakistani Hinduism origin story that no Pakistani themselves believe in, why do you go on? What will you gain? , historical empires are on thing but religion?

It's a great event. National Museum of Egyptian Civilization and its related work are admirable policies. I want to visit this place at the first opportunity.

Off-topic but I would also like to add a little anecdote, as I have seen there is too many references to Turks in some members' related discussions.

Turks were always a Monotheist people "in general". Pre-Islamic Turks believed that there is one God, and a supreme creator. Therefore, their transition to Judaism, Christianity and Islam was easy. Today, more than 80% of the people in the world, who have not lost their Turkish identity, are Muslim. Thanks to the Karluks, the Turks started to adopt Islam in large communities around 8th century. Turkish tribes were connected to each other by TOYs's(keneş) because of their ancient traditions. In other words, even though their existence in the asian steppes and Caspian/Caucassus spread over a wide geography, there was a union among them in legislative and judicial matters. Turks have the ability to easily integrate with the local people in every region they live due to their traditions and moral rules. Regarding this, the cultural structure was preserved to a great extent and Islam was adopted with this. For us, our pre-Islamic traces are the set of moral rules and living traditions that made us close to adopting Islam.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I thought. Owning the past does not make us less Muslim then Egyptians, Turks, Iranians owning their past makes them any less Muslim. Our issue is not about Islam althought that will be cited.

The reasons are deeper. If I was a migrant from Bihar to Pakistan I would be alarmed if Ahmad Shah Abdali is touted, if I was a Lucknawi migrant I would be alarmed if Porus was peddled, if I was a Bhopali migrant living in Karachi I would be alarmed if Talpurs are celebrated. Instead I would cry "Islam under threat".

This is why such things are not possible in Pakistan and the country will remain a identitless begger tring to be a Turk one day, a Arab the next and then falling back on desi Muslim Bollywood variety.

*Sigh*

A minority in Pakistan with serious identity crisis born from being severed from their native lands because of the 1947 migration has castrated the identities of the 96% majority natives of Pakistan. That is sad fact. Watch how this statement is going to draw fire from the usual quarters with demands to ban me.

But fact is fact. Even if unsavoury.

Dang 4% dominating 96% .. Thanks for the compliment.

Never knew we paan eating hindustani muslamans who comprise 4% of the population were able to dominate 7'0 tall , 200+ IQ , Blue eyes and blonde races of native Pakistan who comprise 96% of the total pop...

You gotta up your game :D...

@Areesh

Why is everything that happens in any part of the world relevant to Pakistan? Anyways, we can celebrate both people. You don't have to do one or the other. You can be proud of Sultan Mahmood Ghaznavi and Mir Chakir. Their where many indigenous muslim kingdoms too like the somootra and rai dynasty or the habbarids.

Araaaaay bhaiyya ......
View attachment 731169

These guys are dominating 96% of the native paindu population...

Hahaha... We wuzz 5000 years type couldn't even get freedom without the help of a hindustani musalman...
It's a hard line to tread, show all provinces as being different can lead to separatism or supremecy. The only way for diverse nations is to amalgamate all provincial history into a strong national history keeping ofcourse the fact of the origins intact. Then even migrants can add or absorb into the pie, but each group should be ready enough to share his history and their achievements with their countrymen and not attach it to only his history.

The paindu " Indus Pakistan" guy that you replied to doesn't even know that Baloch and Sindhis hate Punjabis and have been at war with them for decades.. Separatism and ethno fascism is already rampant among different ethnic groups based on respective provincial dominance...

The only thing holding Pakistan together is Islam and fear of Indian or should I say Hindu subjugation. You remove both of them and see how these very same Pakistanis will fight each other and blow up the country..

I have always said that the best way India can disintegrate Pakistan is by becoming truly secular country with a peace agreement with Pakistan. By doing that you are removing two essential factors that are holding Pakistan together.. The natives will fight each other and crumble this country.

Last edited:
You preach a Pakistani Hinduism origin story that no Pakistani themselves believe in, why do you go on? What will you gain? , historical empires are on thing but religion?
I'm not preaching anything. I am stating verifiable facts.

Pakistanis will sort out the nitty gritty of this particular issue. In the meantime, you can believe whatever OOI fairy tales you wish to believe.

You can have them.
We already do. Literally, the one important holy place we don't have in India is in Tibet where Indians go annually for pilgrimage. I wonder why this mirza chap is inventing stuff about Indians loathing Pakistan about Hinduism.

Level of radicalization is you cant name which religion is oldest other thn Islam in a family gathering because "Adam A.S" was Muslim :cuckoo:. And you are suggesting to celebrate Ashoka, it will be a political suicide in this country of low IQ religious zombies.

Back
Top Bottom