What's new

Egypt Golden Parade: Lessons for Pakistan

I have a question
You will find significant Turkish lore from that period still carries traction. On the other hand we can't really say that IVC influence persists. The reason is timescale. We are talking about 4-5000 years as opposed to 500 years. Lot of the pre Islamic Tengrism that Turks followed probably still has influence. Lot of the Turkish symbols etc are from that tradition. Groups like Grey Wolves probably are a good example who feed from the myths associated with Turkic tribes.

@313ghazi Just so to clarify this equally applies to others. There is precious little left in Misr today from Ancient Egypt. Ditto Persia. Or even Greece. Most of what is claimed is re-constructed. In fact Greece has been copied, re-copied so much todau you can't figure out what is what. This applies to even modern European cities as many got their 'Greek' dressing up in 1800s resulting in that common look they all have. The American's built Washington literally by copying Athens with some Egyptian influences thrown in.

But they are all 'Chinese copies" of the original.

Spain and Greece shit on their Muslim past, but Pakistan should erect Ranjit Singh statues all over Punjab. Why?

Those countries have erased that past as if it doesn't exist, india does the same. They hate their muslim past. We see how indians hate mughals and disassociate themselves from them. But its not just mughals, they never talk or celebrate older muslim dynasties like lodi, tughlak and khilji dynasties.

What Egypt did was an act of a derrangend dictator who cares about his dog more than rest of Egypt its people and its history combined....

Hardly a standard worth living upto I would say

Those countries have erased that past as if it doesn't exist, india does the same. They hate their muslim past. We see how indians hate mughals and disassociate themselves from them. But its not just mughals, they never talk or celebrate older muslim dynasties like lodi, tughlak and khilji dynasties.

Ethnic chauvinist pigs wouldn't see that..

Yes because it tried to erase theirs.

You are in position where you can celebrate everything including your Islamic past. This makes you unique, use it to your advantage.

Salaam

What about the father of Ibrahim (a.s) Azar as mentioned in Quran?
quoting an irrelevant and controversial claim about Ibrahim A.S father means that you are questioning the saying of Prophet Muhammad PBUH who said his lineage from start to his immediate parents is pure.

as for Ibrahim A.S Azar may have been his guardian or career, not his biological father. Al Tabari in his book mentions Tarakh as the father of the prophet. otherwise Ibrahim wont recite following for himself his parents and all believers. if Azar a polythiest was the father.

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

what about Noah A.S son who refused to board the ship? what about all those Muslims who recited the Kalima of Muhammad PBUH yet they slaughtered his family in Kerbala?
what about all the Muslim Arab leaders who have decided to bed with Israelis the usurpers of Palestinian land?

all this whataboutism is irrelevant. and off topic.

I dont know what some Muslims try to achieve by putting doubts about the Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH and his family. as a true Sunni we must be careful not to fall victim to the horn of satan our Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH warned us about.

this was the last time I would respond to your misguided stance and attitude.
we must not set ourselves up as per the hateful practices of others.

Yes because it tried to erase theirs.

You are in position where you can celebrate everything including your Islamic past. This makes you unique, use it to your advantage.

I agree - I just don't know how people are supposed to do that. Tbh I learnt more about Pakistani ancient history on this forum than anywhere else.

Now I know Eygpt heavily markets the pharaohs etc and that's great for tourism, but I doubt they have any cultural significance on a daily basis.

How do you find that balance? It's alright us discussing it on a forum, but I feel strange when people want it to be a part of national identity. I don't know how it'd fit in, other than a historical reference.

What's the lesson for Pakistan in parading the mummies of cursed Pharoah's?
Allah preserved their bodies for people to learn and be humble, not be proud of them or parade them.

Egyptians have been witnessing a historic procession of their country's ancient rulers through the capital, Cairo.
The lavish, multimillion-dollar spectacle saw 22 mummies - 18 kings and four queens - transported from the peach-coloured, neo-classical Egyptian Museum to their new resting place 5km (three miles) away.
With tight security arrangements befitting their royal blood and status as national treasures, the mummies were relocated to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation in what is called The Pharaohs' Golden Parade.
They were transported with great fanfare in chronological order of their reigns - from the 17th Dynasty ruler, Seqenenre Taa II, to Ramses IX, who reigned in the 12th Century BC.
Egypt experienced a sharp rise in Covid-19 infections a year ago, but following a decline in the number of cases and deaths, restrictions on open-air gatherings were later lifted.

Now coming to Pakistan. Why dont we own people who were true heroes of Land???? We discard them because they had different religion??? Because they were Hindus or Budhists ?

On one hand Pakistan claims to be remains of great Indus Valley civilisation. on the other hand disown people who were part of that civilisation.

Like Ashoka or Chanakya ?? Why dont we celebrate Mir Chakar? Why are our heroes Ahmad Shah Abdali ( Afghan) or Mehmood Ghaznwai ( Persian) ?

Egyptians have been witnessing a historic procession of their country's ancient rulers through the capital, Cairo.
The lavish, multimillion-dollar spectacle saw 22 mummies - 18 kings and four queens - transported from the peach-coloured, neo-classical Egyptian Museum to their new resting place 5km (three miles) away.
With tight security arrangements befitting their royal blood and status as national treasures, the mummies were relocated to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation in what is called The Pharaohs' Golden Parade.
They were transported with great fanfare in chronological order of their reigns - from the 17th Dynasty ruler, Seqenenre Taa II, to Ramses IX, who reigned in the 12th Century BC.
Egypt experienced a sharp rise in Covid-19 infections a year ago, but following a decline in the number of cases and deaths, restrictions on open-air gatherings were later lifted.

Now coming to Pakistan. Why dont we own people who were true heroes of Land???? We discard them because they had different religion??? Because they were Hindus or Budhists ?

On one hand Pakistan claims to be remains of great Indus Valley civilisation. on the other hand disown people who were part of that civilisation.

Like Ashoka or Chanakya ?? Why dont we celebrate Mir Chakar? Why are our heroes Ahmad Shah Abdali ( Afghan) or Mehmood Ghaznwai ( Persian) ?

Duration
The Egyptian Pharaohs ruled for 3000 years. Muslim rule of India lasted barely for 600 years.

Contemporaries
Name any contemporary of the Pharaohs who are worth remembering. Maybe Chinese civilization, Greeks (towards the end)

Dialect that can be deciphered
The Egyptian dialect is decipherable unlike Indus Valley Civilization

Who Followed the Pharaohs
None of them did much. Even if they did something they did not last long. For example Ottomans ruled Egypt for 350 years. They kept Egypt backward while Europe advanced

I agree - I just don't know how people are supposed to do that. Tbh I learnt more about Pakistani ancient history on this forum than anywhere else.

Now I know Eygpt heavily markets the pharaohs etc and that's great for tourism, but I doubt they have any cultural significance on a daily basis.

How do you find that balance? It's alright us discussing it on a forum, but I feel strange when people want it to be a part of national identity. I don't know how it'd fit in, other than a historical reference.

Its not up to us, this is the job of the govt. You are already doing your bit. They should start with implementing a universal Pakistani orientated education which has a more lets say holistic approach.

Unfortunately other countries have pumped money into making Pakistanis very myopic about their past. We can start by integrating our past with our present. This will prevent foreign dogma from affecting the national narrative. The goal here is to give the national psyche a life of its own.

Use me as an example, since my awakening I have become even more Pakistani not less. We have 200 million of us thinking the same way then say goodbye to rent a terrorist by Afghanistan and Iran, say goodbye to sectarianism, say goodbye to the psychotic/narccissm/anti social dark triad which is plauging our society and pushed by our elders who don't know any better, say goodbye to arm twisting by supposed brothers and say hello to nirvana.

Are you even Muslim? Why should Pakistan celebrate a random pagan? Do Spaniards or Greeks celebrate their Muslim heritage? Stop the self-hate FKK-Boy.
Greeks and Spain weren’t Muslim natives originally but the rajas are local to Pakistan so your comparison is stupid

Back
Top Bottom