What's new

Egypt Golden Parade: Lessons for Pakistan

Don't give a toss about pharon's

Give a even less of a toss about old Hindu kings

The only people who we should celebrate is those of our lineage who dumped disbelief and embraced Islam changing this land forever

This doesn't mean we should disregard history, by all means let's educate our children about our land

But false pride in idolaters and beghairati is something we should never tolerate

Don't give a toss about pharon's

Give a even less of a toss about old Hindu kings

The only people who we should celebrate is those of our lineage who dumped disbelief and embraced Islam changing this land forever

This doesn't mean we should disregard history, by all means let's educate our children about our land

But false pride in idolaters and beghairati is something we should never tolerate

The Westerners love Islamic nations that highlight their non-Islamic past instead of their Islamic roots. That is a given. The white racist element is obsessed with the pre-Islamic history of many Islamic nations.

I used to have a racist Dutch colleague and often conversations used to drift. This mofo was an open racist. I mean a hardcore Islam and immigrant hater and he didn't hide it whatsoever. This mofo used to be obsessed with vacations to Turkey, Egypt etc. You would see that the majority of them are. They hate Islam, Muslims, immigrants and people of color, but their mind is very twisted. They are fascinated with Eastern culture.

Having said that, our ancestors belonged to the Central Asian Indus civilization. Not the fake Hindu variant.

As for the nationalist Afghans, Hindus, Arabs and white supremacist. They can dance on my middle finger all day long. Zero shit was given to their BS. We won't appease anyone. We are who we are and we take full pride in it.

Last edited:
Why do you want to appropriate other people's history? Granted Ashoka wasn't black like modern Indians and had more Indo-Aryan blood in him, but his people resided in North India not Pakistan.

Also half of Pakistan was part of the original Afghanistan that Abdali's dynasty created, so he seems very relevant to the history of the Iranic part of your country.
We black Indians are different than white Aryan Ashoka now is it? the theories here get interesting by the minute :lol:
Maybe white bangladeshis should claim him now.
On topic - At one time I see Pakistanis fight over Indus valley heritage and hindu kings as their own, at another turn I see the same people disregarding them as idolaters.
It's like their is still mass confusion about identity and who qualifies as Pakistani.

Egyptians have been witnessing a historic procession of their country's ancient rulers through the capital, Cairo.
The lavish, multimillion-dollar spectacle saw 22 mummies - 18 kings and four queens - transported from the peach-coloured, neo-classical Egyptian Museum to their new resting place 5km (three miles) away.
With tight security arrangements befitting their royal blood and status as national treasures, the mummies were relocated to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation in what is called The Pharaohs' Golden Parade.
They were transported with great fanfare in chronological order of their reigns - from the 17th Dynasty ruler, Seqenenre Taa II, to Ramses IX, who reigned in the 12th Century BC.
Egypt experienced a sharp rise in Covid-19 infections a year ago, but following a decline in the number of cases and deaths, restrictions on open-air gatherings were later lifted.

Now coming to Pakistan. Why dont we own people who were true heroes of Land???? We discard them because they had different religion??? Because they were Hindus or Budhists ?

On one hand Pakistan claims to be remains of great Indus Valley civilisation. on the other hand disown people who were part of that civilisation.

Like Ashoka or Chanakya ?? Why dont we celebrate Mir Chakar? Why are our heroes Ahmad Shah Abdali ( Afghan) or Mehmood Ghaznwai ( Persian) ?

Half of Pakistan was never a part of India as a civilisation (i.e. linguistic, cultural, ethnic similarity). It is and always has been aligned with Iran/Persia. KPK, Balochistan and Northern Areas are of Persian/Turkic descent and their languages, food, culture reflect this.

The other half of Pakistan, Punjab and Sindh are close to India, the culture, language, food is similar. However it must be noted that Punjabis form 40% of Pakistan's population whereas only form 1.5% of India's population, so it can be said that Punjabis are a Pakistani ethnic group with an Indian minority. As mentioned earlier, Punjabis and Sindhis are of "Indian origin" and are different to our western countrymen the Pashtuns and Balochs etc.

Egyptians have been witnessing a historic procession of their country's ancient rulers through the capital, Cairo.
The lavish, multimillion-dollar spectacle saw 22 mummies - 18 kings and four queens - transported from the peach-coloured, neo-classical Egyptian Museum to their new resting place 5km (three miles) away.
With tight security arrangements befitting their royal blood and status as national treasures, the mummies were relocated to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation in what is called The Pharaohs' Golden Parade.
They were transported with great fanfare in chronological order of their reigns - from the 17th Dynasty ruler, Seqenenre Taa II, to Ramses IX, who reigned in the 12th Century BC.
Egypt experienced a sharp rise in Covid-19 infections a year ago, but following a decline in the number of cases and deaths, restrictions on open-air gatherings were later lifted.

Now coming to Pakistan. Why dont we own people who were true heroes of Land???? We discard them because they had different religion??? Because they were Hindus or Budhists ?

On one hand Pakistan claims to be remains of great Indus Valley civilisation. on the other hand disown people who were part of that civilisation.

Like Ashoka or Chanakya ?? Why dont we celebrate Mir Chakar? Why are our heroes Ahmad Shah Abdali ( Afghan) or Mehmood Ghaznwai ( Persian) ?
This is exactly what I thought. Owning the past does not make us less Muslim then Egyptians, Turks, Iranians owning their past makes them any less Muslim. Our issue is not about Islam althought that will be cited.

The reasons are deeper. If I was a migrant from Bihar to Pakistan I would be alarmed if Ahmad Shah Abdali is touted, if I was a Lucknawi migrant I would be alarmed if Porus was peddled, if I was a Bhopali migrant living in Karachi I would be alarmed if Talpurs are celebrated. Instead I would cry "Islam under threat".

This is why such things are not possible in Pakistan and the country will remain a identitless begger tring to be a Turk one day, a Arab the next and then falling back on desi Muslim Bollywood variety.

*Sigh*

A minority in Pakistan with serious identity crisis born from being severed from their native lands because of the 1947 migration has castrated the identities of the 96% majority natives of Pakistan. That is sad fact. Watch how this statement is going to draw fire from the usual quarters with demands to ban me.

But fact is fact. Even if unsavoury.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I thought. Owning the past does not make us less Muslim then Egyptians, Turks, Iranians owning their past makes them any less Muslim. Our issue is not about Islam althought that will be cited.

The reasons are deeper. If I was a migrant from Bihar to Pakistan I would be alarmed if Ahmad Shah Abdali is touted, if I was a Lucknawi migrant I would be alarmed if Porus was peddled, if I was a Bhopali migrant living in Karachi I would be alarmed if Talpurs are celebrated. Instead I would cry "Islam under threat".

This is why such things are not possible in Pakistan and the country will remain a identitless begger tring to be a Turk one day, a Arab the next and then falling back on desi Muslim Bollywood variety.

*Sigh*

A minority in Pakistan with serious identity crisis born from being severed from their native lands because of the 1947 migration has castrated the identities of the 96% majority natives of Pakistan. That is sad fact. Watch how this statement is going to draw fire from the usual quarters with demands to ban me.

But fact is fact. Even if unsavoury.
You're saying the identity crisis is due to Muslims who migrated from India only? Putting the entire blame on a minority population hardly seems fair. You'll have Punjabis and sindhis looking desi as f*ck and claiming arab/persian identity then who is at fault here?

We black Indians are different than white Aryan Ashoka now is it? the theories here get interesting by the minute :lol:
Maybe white bangladeshis should claim him now.
On topic - At one time I see Pakistanis fight over Indus valley heritage and hindu kings as their own, at another turn I see the same people disregarding them as idolaters.
It's like their is still mass confusion about identity and who qualifies as Pakistani.

Not really, our history is OUR history we just don't want some eastern gangadeshi stealing or claiming our history just like a Egyptian wouldn't want some sub Saharan African claiming Egyptian history because it came from Africa

Our history is OUR history it just doesn't define who we are now

The Pharaohs were evil. Many declared themselves God.

That being said, there's no harm in showing our pre-islamic history, as our ancestors were nothing like these rulers.

Not really, our history is OUR history we just don't want some eastern gangadeshi stealing or claiming our history just like a Egyptian wouldn't want some sub Saharan African claiming Egyptian history because it came from Africa

Our history is OUR history it just doesn't define who we are now
So your history is really your history only if an Indian claims it. Else they are just idolaters to not be revered. Lol really :lol:

So your history is really your history only if an Indian claims it. Else they are just idolaters to not be revered. Lol really :lol:

History is our history regardless

It just doesn't define everything about us as a people

At the same time we don't want some Uday from some eastern jungle pretending he is from our land

celebrating pharaohs? is this sisi guy even muslim? and what lesson is there for Pakistan? We are a Muslim state, we celebrate our Islamic heritage. we don't know nor care to know any chankyaas or ashokaas or assholaas or any other chootiaas with a name ending aas!

Egypt celebrates its pagan history and Pakistan should follow suit? I thought we hate Arabs and Pakistanis trying to imitate Arabs are evil bigoted Muslims? Oh I forgot, Arabs are just good enough to defend fassad like gambling, prostitution and alcoholism.

Pakistani self hate is deeply rooted. Everything else is good but our Islamic identity is bad. Why should we care about some random pagans? What do we get from them?

DOES ANY OTHER COUNTRY CELEBRATE ITS ISLAMIC HISTORY? You know Greece, Spain, India or Serbia? No? Because they know they are different from us. But Pakistan should celebrate Sikhs and Hindu kings? Sorry, I don’t hate myself that much.

Rename the country to Non-Islamic Republic of Cu*kistan and our capital city to IslamISbad. This will please our Hindu and Western overlords.

Last edited:
You're saying the identity crisis is due to Muslims who migrated from India only? Putting the entire blame on a minority population hardly seems fair. You'll have Punjabis and sindhis looking desi as f*ck and claiming arab/persian identity then who is at fault here?
This is not a conclusion I made in one day. For decades I have read and considered this subject because I saw this emerging identity crisis way back in 1980s informed by my personal experiance as a young man with conflicted backgrounds.

To begin with identity is not about 'looks'. if that were the case the entire European world including the wider west like USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc who all are of mostly European extraction would have one identity. Nobody calls Trump a German. He is American [whatever that means] despite being grandson of German migrant. A Englishman, a German, a Irishman, a Dane, a Swede etc presently exactly the same look, the same culture, the same attire, the same religion etc but you can't say they don't have separate identities. Indeed even artificial identities like Canuks and Yanks have evolved divided by a ruler straight line on the map dividing the same geography.

The issue is in Pakistan is there are identities. Solid identities. Punjabi, Sindhi are solid examples. In UK we have four national identities - English, Welsh, Scots, Northern Irish combined into UNITED Kingdom. The Norther Irish overlap into Republic of Ireland but that does not denude United Kingdom in anyway. These four identities are celebrated All are Christian. But Christianity alone is not the identity because so are the Germans, the French or even Russians. Being Christians is not what makes UK. Being English. Welsh, Scot, Ulster is what makes UK.

Similiary Pakistan is a federation. Pakhtuns, Baloch, Sindhi, Punjabi each with their own province. Indeed the original blueprint of Pakistan alludes to this from 1933. This is what informed the making of the acronym Pakistan.

1617627465883.png

However after 73 years Pakistan is still a ship lost in the sea of identity politics. The main reason has been the experiances of the minority 4% being pushed on the majority 96% which means today the majoirity is even infected by this malaise.

Like I said before the schizophrenia of the minority migrants has been inflicted on the majority. To give a simple example. If I am living in Patanagar, a Bihari colony in Karachi how will I justify my migration? Economics? Religion? Ethnicity?

I am actually a Indian Bihari in ever way. In my tradition, in my historical tradition etc. The only strand that I can cite to justify and give beef to my identity so that India is the other is by using religion. Take away my religion and I am a Indian. Thus the need to stress religion as a identity.

This is why it is well known fact that Indian migrants tended to be socially liberal but voted for left of right conservative religious parties. Religion thus became the main identity after 1947. The flaw in that was evidently clear. There are 40 Muslim countries. Islam is not the exclusive preserve of Pakistan.

The way forward should have been each province to celebrate and own t's own glorious history and then contribute to the national tapesty as Pakistan. All threads woven together. It is still not too late.

By the way there is no such thing as Swiss or Indian ethnic group. Both are made of differant 'bricks' put together. Below is one of the most stable, long lived and prosperous countries of Europe called Switzerland with a strong identity and recognition across the globe.

1617628460420.png

However there is no such thing as "Swiss". They are just mashup of Germans, French, Italians, French etc.

1617628533912.png

Back
Top Bottom