What's new

Egypt buys 50 Russian Alligator helicopters, deck-based version may be supplied

This means that 2 Mistrals are arriving very soon in Egypt being funded by GCC combined force. I think 25 helis will be on each Mistral class.

I think more Kamov will be bought which are support naval helicopters.

Why egypt need two mistrals? Are they going to use them to gaurd the suez canal? They should have gone for more number of frigrates and destroyers instead.

Why are Egyptians buying large quantity of Weapons??? Even they're looking to buy the Mistrel class LHD from France?? Why do they need LHD???
we are not looking , the deal is already done

This means that 2 Mistrals are arriving very soon in Egypt being funded by GCC combined force. I think 25 helis will be on each Mistral class.

I think more Kamov will be bought which are support naval helicopters.

the 50 Ka-52 ( land based version ) deal is done , today Interfax announced that there is negotiations for 30 Ka-52K helicopter for $1B

most likely the mistral will carry the ka-52k , Nh90 and maybe chinook

Interesting. If Russia is seeking buyers for the Ka-52's originally ordered for the Russian Mistral's then the implication is that the arrival of the first domestic alternative (Lavina) is still many, many years away (if forthcoming at all)

2.jpg

Bigger and faster: Russia unveils designs to replace marooned Mistrals — RT News

ofc it will take time you can't just design a concept and build it in the next year russia still suffering in naval industry imo , the ka-52k trials are not even finished yet

hmm My Question why do Egypt need LHD?? Given their economical condition and problems inside the country???

Are they going tp lease them to Russia or what???

you don't know what is the future threats is hiding , it maybe needed for libya if we decided to send troops and mechanized battalion , maybe will help if the arab joint military are established , it can be useful in a lot of situations

ofc it will take time you can't just design a concept and build it in the next year russia still suffering in naval industry imo , the ka-52k trials are not even finished yet
Who said next year? A secondon Ivan Gren landingship was started this yaer and will be ready 2018. So, Lavina may take 3 years to build. One more year between order and laying down. And a year to get to years to get to an order. That's the best case: 2020. More likely is will be longer, if at all. Ka-52k trials are irrelevant as Mistrals for Russia were due.... now.

Who said next year? A secondon Ivan Gren landingship was started this yaer and will be ready 2018. So, Lavina may take 3 years to build. One more year between order and laying down. And a year to get to years to get to an order. That's the best case: 2020. More likely is will be longer, if at all. Ka-52k trials are irrelevant as Mistrals for Russia were due.... now.

Ivan Gren-class landing ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I don't understand is how Egypt can be on such a roll with a military budget a little higher than Pakistan's but Pakistan can't.

What I don't understand is how Egypt can be on such a roll with a military budget a little higher than Pakistan's but Pakistan can't.
Called doing the biding for Saudis/GCC. They are bank rolling these grandious purchases; yet it was just a few years that the country did not have any money. Suddenly these big purchases, adventures in Yemen etc.

we are not looking , the deal is already done

the 50 Ka-52 ( land based version ) deal is done , today Interfax announced that there is negotiations for 30 Ka-52K helicopter for $1B

most likely the mistral will carry the ka-52k , Nh90 and maybe chinook

you don't know what is the future threats is hiding , it maybe needed for libya if we decided to send troops and mechanized battalion , maybe will help if the arab joint military are established , it can be useful in a lot of situations

So these 50 Ka-52 are land based and 30 Ka-52Ks will be for 2 Mistral, I am sure there will be other Russian made helicopters on board too.
Egyptian Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They already have 50 approx. apaches and they are buying more 50+ Ka-52s and 30 Ka-52Ks for Navy WOW!!! I think they are going to engage well in Syria and Yemen :)

I think Egypt might be phasing out 50+ F-7 & 50+ MiG-21s with 80-100 MiG-35s and 80 Mirage Vs with UAE and Qatri Mirages soon. Also, Egypt is phasing out old F-16s Block-15s with new Block-50s from US soon.

so if one deal is funded by saudis and uae , then all the deals is funded by saudis what a dumb logic

This deal is famous for being funded by saudis, do a little more research before writing something about logic !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom