What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

Only mid eastern team left Iraq
2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Everyone is amazed how good they play, with this team we will qualify for world cup games atleast.

intense game

Wow, that is actually a very great performance so far in that tournament. Just watched the video. The Iraqi goalkeeper looks really promising and good but both teams missed big chances when watching the video.

The tournament is in Turkey also I see. Good for the region. They went out to France though. Only other "Middle Eastern" or maybe rather Central Asian country is Uzbekistan.

I don't know how good South Korea is but I hope Iraq will win. My relatives in Iraq are probably very happy.

Unfortunately it is waste of time to speak about KSA football team. Horrible period. The history is very good though but today it is not really good. Yemen - no comment.

I hope that the Arab nations soon wake up from their sleep and perform in sports. There is Olympics in Brazil in 2016 and they should perform better there.

Or Qatar world cup 2022 although I do not think that any Arab or even Muslim country will win.

Also can any Pakistani tell me why Pakistani are so bad in football? You have 200 million people and former English colony so I assume that football is popular in Pakistan. India, Bangladesh too.

Cricket must have taken the top place although I know nothing of this sport and do not even understand the rules (not really bothered to understand them I must say)

Last edited by a moderator:
moorsi was an elected president you cant just come to the strreeets ank create drama

and their army is the same army they were chanting against a year ago

now they are their heroes

wait and see who wins next or militrey starts its own drama

and wait foe deja vu

he is athiest he thinks every dhari wala is an islamist

wo to main bhi hoon per her dardhi wala molvi nhi hota that i know :)

no we have constitution of 1973 which include all laws we have no sharia laws :pissed:

we have wine shops
wine comapnies
clubs
films cenema
women drive
women fly
love marriages
BF-GF can move out free
joint study
music dance culture
300 tv channels and fasion tv pakistan including :)
we have every freedom our men women young old are more free then anyone . don't forget pakistan is 1st islamic country in history have women ruler as prime minister :ashamed:

kyoon itna gussa kr rahey ho bhai
ye to sab ko pta hain

wo to main bhi hoon per her dardhi wala molvi nhi hota that i know :)

main to boot soon ko janta hooon jo asaoon ko janta hooon jo dhari dekh kr pagle ho jatey hain
tum to pehley mile hoo jo aisa nahin sochtey

bhai vote q dya tha ager muslim brotherhood pasand nahi tha?

that need some brain . first experience of democracy for 1 year only . do you guys really think mursi was worse then zardari .
i love my people they stay cool 5 years on PPP .great people :pakistan:

btw, offtopic, did you see Iraq-Paraguay u20 today ? we continue to the quarter finals of the world cup u20:victory:

Iraq playing awesome. They have some great youth talent. I think as Iraq is getting up on its feet, it can develop better football infrastructure to really develop their talent further.

The East Asia (Korea, Japan etc) just have better political and econimical situation so they can be ahead of many aspects of life, including sports. Hopefully we will see gradual change in this.
I think talentwise in general West Asia is better than East Asia.

egyptians can do what ever they like its their matter but the guy was legally the president of egypt, voted majority by egyptians, you guys needed to tolerate him for some time

as soon as morsi became president i think he started getting the heat

you want egypt to not be like mubarak, but you guys still miss husne mubarak and thats the prime reason you also tolerated military coup

any guy who comes next wont be an angel, he will have defaults too, he will do mistakes, dont make another tehrir square

i think world i laughing on egypt and their drama for four years i guess

i think its a bad sign for egyptian economy and stability, now egyptians know how to make a drama in tehrir square every another day so who comes next will be prepared for another tehrir square

egyptians are just confused about their ideology and nothing more

kyoon itna gussa kr rahey ho bhai
ye to sab ko pta hain

main to boot soon ko janta hooon jo asaoon ko janta hooon jo dhari dekh kr pagle ho jatey hain
tum to pehley mile hoo jo aisa nahin sochtey

per main nhi hota meri apni soch hai i am free and i love to see others are free. till they never hurt others

egyptians can do what ever they like its their matter but the guy was legally the president of egypt, voted majority by egyptians, you guys needed to tolerate him for some time

as soon as morsi became president i think he started getting the heat

you want egypt to not be like mubarak, but you guys still miss husne mubarak and thats the prime reason you also tolerated military coup

any guy who comes next wont be an angel, he will have defaults too, he will do mistakes, dont make another tehrir square

i think world i laughing on egypt and their drama for four years i guess

i think its a bad sign for egyptian economy and stability, now egyptians know how to make a drama in tehrir square every another day so who comes next will be prepared for another tehrir square

egyptians are just confused about their ideology and nothing more

and they were chanting like crazy for throw away an unarmed elected presedent by armed forces lolzzzz

its very easy to throw away pbama nawaz sharif or urdgan but its rule of law and elected gov respect that generals have to selute them not throw them away and put them in jail .the rulessssssss

What reforms are you looking for from the next government? Like specifically.

The next government being the Interim government.

Firstly, electoral reform. Specifically, setting a campaign budget cap among other things such as not allowing religious phrases to be used in campaigns and that mosques and churches cannot be used to support or condemn a single party or support anothers campaign. Basically, things that can produce a level playing field.

Secondly, a constitution that has real support from all sects and religions as well as parties. A constitution that can provide real checks on governmental and parliamentary power and bands that can deal with mass protests (There wasn't a constitutional process that could deal with what happened from the 30th that's why the army stepped in).

Thirdly, Economic reform. The MB was content with riding the storm by taking loans from whomever they could and would not reform both governmental expenditure and laws that may prohibit investment and some that squash small and big business. Im not that savvy on economic matters so I cant really be specific here.

Fourth, reforming the police force and gradually bringing the military under civilian oversight. I would like to see an independent body among the first things that can investigate instances of police brutality that answers only to the judiciary. Eventual police independence (Scotland yard model is preferred) is needed however that will take years if not decades. The military matter may take even longer.

Furthermore, solving the current energy and food crisis while also investing (or showing interest in investing) in future energy sources such as solar or wind power.

Theres more but this is just a brief outline.

I saw a few videos online idk what the name of the area was but they said in excess of a million people. Also he was ousted because the military had full support of every other party who was on board with it so even if those who supported him were a majority he would've still been overthrown. Along with the horrible speech he gave which sealed it.
It was calculated by a company using Google earth as its source. Their estimate was around 400,000 considering that 30% of space would be taken up by barriers/lamposts/stages etc. which is in fact quite lenient as such things would take up more space. I will find the source and post it for you.

That being said I don't agree with tossing an elected leader threw the streets, will you toss every leader who fails to deliver year to year? That would be the height of absurdity.

Morsi failed catstrophically and divided the Egyptian nation. This division is what ultimately lead to his downfall and the Brotherhoods (many were sympathetic with them before and after they were elected until the constitutional decree) downfall.

Ḥashshāshīn;4486222 said:
I am not Ismaili, I do not follow any fiqh, just the Quran and Sunnah.

Then you are a Sunni per definition, my friend. I just stumbled across your signature that was all and your location.

You still have not answered my question. If you don't answer then it is obviously your right and not a problem. I was just curious. Because I cannot find out what country CF. or KN. stands for.

Is it Central African Republic and Kenya? What is it? Help me out.

Do you speak Swahili? It has many Arabic words and there is a big Arab presence on the Swahili coastline. "Swahili" itself is an Arab word. Hejazi/Omani/Yemeni sailors and merchants spread Islam to East Africa and along the entire Swahili coastline. Many settled also.

Oman even ruled Zanzibar until 40 years ago. I mean the Omani Sultans.

that need some brain . first experience of democracy for 1 year only . do you guys really think mursi was worse then zardari .
i love my people they stay cool 5 years on PPP .great people :pakistan:

pakistanis found what PPP was made up of that they cried bhutto and democracy for decades, PPP wont ever win again thats for certain, even sindhis will kick them out if they dont perform, which they wont in five years

democracy is the best revenge

and they were chanting like crazy for throw away an unarmed elected presedent by armed forces lolzzzz

its very easy to throw away pbama nawaz sharif or urdgan but its rule of law and elected gov respect that generals have to selute them not throw them away and put them in jail .the rulessssssss

i think morsi was gonna expose its egyptian army and how they bought favours from america

i cant believe those anti american chanting egyptians can tolerate their military coup who is the real american stooge with all american F-16s, tanks, APC and all that?

Actually that would be a good ideea for the rest of us to,it should teach some manners to all our politicians who keep lying to us ;;;"Improve the economy,live to your promises within a year or face arrest and execution!" ...that should erase the grin on their faces :))

Within a year? :lol:
When the mess took decades to create asking for a change in a year or threat of violence would be absurd and there would be no one willing to be a politician. :D

Unquestioned devotion is unalienable part of religion and if someone is a democracy fundamentalist, it effectively performs the same function as religion for that person.
Not always. The French Revolutionaries yes, Imperial Athens yes, Pakistan most of the time. These parties all had in common that (1) the assumption their State had rights others did not, (2) the rights of individuals were overruled by the right of the mob, and (3) there was no fundamental moral basis that limited politicians from seeking the tyrannical aggrandizement of State power.

By contrast, the American Revolutionaries were mostly deists who saw government as a "necessary evil"; our Founding Fathers realized the people could do wrong, and that even democratic government could fail. That's why American government has checks and balances.

But the people and politicians have to support it to sustain it. When asked after the 1787 Constitutional Convention what kind of government the United States now had, Benjamin Franklin replied, "A republic, if you can keep it."

Back
Top Bottom