What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

What I found most interesting going through the Article is, unless I've trouble comprehending, how it was stated that many of them (the Islamists) consider Democracy as Kufar & want to bring about an Islamic State through violence, in a clear cut allusion to the Islamists under question - Morsi & the Muslim Brotherhood. When it clearly appears that the author is either oblivious to or deliberately wishes to ignore the very real fact that the Muslim Brotherhood has always stood for the 'democratic process' whereby they've reiterated their desire to get their agenda institutionalized through the ballot. The few instances of 'violence' that has happened in the past, that can be attributed to them, is inconsequential when compared with what most of 'our' Political Parties have been up to in Karachi, in an entire year, for decades at a stretch.

The important thing is that there is no hard and fast rule. Some Islamists abhor democracy, others value it.

At the end of the day, it's not about Muslims or Islamists. It's about democracy being subverted through public tantrums and military coups.

Guys ssorry for my ignorance. Just want to know what was Americas interest in Egypt and why would they do such?
Just as I read that MB was improving relations with China and Russia but could that be the "ONLY" reason?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that America was directly involved. However, Morsi was moving the country from an American puppet (Mubarak) to a more balanced foreign stance, and many pro-West factions in Egypt did not like this.

Here's a Saudi view of what's going on behind the scenes.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle...ngratulates-egypts-new-interim-president.html

Four reasons why Israel may miss Morsi after all

As Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi remains effectively powerless after the ultimatum set by Egypt's army expired on Wednesday, it was hard not to sense the levels of satisfaction in Israel. Though Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed the cabinet to keep quiet about the crisis in Cairo, there is little doubt that the ministers are delighted with the latest twist in the Egyptian saga.

But should they be?

Morsi, of course, is no Zionist. The word "Israel" has never passed his lips in public and his spokesman denies he ever sent President Shimon Peres a letter of thanks after the latter congratulated him on his election last year. However, his year of presidency has not harmed Israeli-Egyptian relations. Quite the contrary.

Here are four reasons why Israel could still end up missing Morsi:

1. Under Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood did the unthinkable when it affirmed the Camp David peace accords with Israel. Its leaders did talk of amending the treaty but they continued to uphold it, just as Hosni Mubarak's regime did before. Muslim Brotherhood members and government ministers may not have not with Israeli officials, but on the most crucial level for Israel - the security channels - cooperation was maintained and even improved, Israeli defense sources said, after a rocky period following Mubarak's fall.

Morsi's tenure was the first in which a large and popular Egyptian party that was elected in a democratic process supported, even if begrudgingly, the peace treaty with Israel, and justified it to the Egyptian people.

2. Israel feared that when in power, the Muslim Brotherhood – the ideological forebear of Hamas - would back the Palestinian Islamist movement and encourage it to launch missiles against Israel, while threatening Israel not to retaliate. Though, for a time, Hamas thought it was immuned, the Morsi administration actually did not try to stop Israel from launching Operation Pillar of Defense in Gaza last year, in which Hamas' military leadership and infrastructure was severely damaged. Morsi was also successful in achieving a swift ceasefire that has engendered for the past eight months - an unprecedented period of calm in southern Israel - which is now being adroitly observed and enforced by Hamas. The Muslim Brotherhood has reined in Hamas in a degree that never existed during Mubarak's time.

3. In Mubarak's day, the Egyptian army failed to act decisively against smuggling operations in Sinai, and from there through underground tunnels, into Gaza. For the Egyptians, this was an opportunity to create regional balance between Israel and the Palestinians, while keeping the Bedouin tribes who control the smuggling satisfied.

Since Mubarak's fall, chaos has reigned in Sinai. But over the past year, under Morsi's rule, the army has been sent on more focused and forceful operations against Al-Qaida elements that have taken over parts of the peninsula, and more importantly for Israel, it has demolished large numbers of smuggling tunnels. The closeness between Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas has made Egypt more determined to fight extreme Islamists in Sinai and Gaza, as well as smuggling of arms.

4. Despite fears of a rapprochement between Iran and Egypt following the Muslim Brotherhood's electoral victories, the differences between Sunni Egypt and Shia Iran have widened under Morsi, and any chance of cooperation now seems very remote. Instinctively, the Brotherhood identifies with the Sunni rebels fighting the Bashar Assad regime. Hezbollah's deepening involvement in Syria on Assad's side has made the government in Cairo an implacable foe of the Lebanese militia.

Morsi's Egypt is firmly in the anti-Iran camp. Prolonged political chaos in Cairo will attract the West's attention away from the civil war in Syria and help Iran and its allies to continue propping up the Assad regime.

Awesome! It's good to keep the Israelis on their toes.:tup:

but from reading Farsnews , Presstv, and official statements from Iran, it seems like they are pro-Morsi, no?

I contribute the down fall of Morsi to imam Hussain~:P , shouldn't have gone against Hussain, whoever goes against him will be destroyed.

Yes, Morsi was democratically elected, but let just wait and see what the new election will come up with.
@somebozo

Creating a sensational title doesn't mean you can twist the reality.

Mursi govt was not a tyrany nor governed by Sharia'a. It was a democratically elected govt by the will of the people. Wait until the west brings Muhammad al baradie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morsis supporters will now decide to use violence instead of democratic means to attain power. They won the elections but were still forced out after only one year in which they were hounded since their President took the oath. The message they have been sent is clear, democracy is not for them.

Did Egypt kill political Islam? Perhaps but how many lives are yet to be lost is still to be seen.

Maybe not you , but many other Pakistanis.

The issue is not what the Pakistani army does.

Some Pakistani posters here were supporting the Bahraini protesters; others were supporting the regime.

Same here. Some Pakistanis are supporting Morsi, others are supporting the military coup.

Your people were killed by the Pakistani Taliban. You guys support the Afghan Taliban. Everyone here understands the difference.

:rofl::rofl: now indians who were supposed to mock us about good taliban bad taliban is himself believing in such conspiracy theories :lol:

come on man never imagined you to come up with such things

Seriously,

Is democracy a religion?

People often mix up religion with politics, democracy with intolerance, and patience with suffering.

The Egyptian people banged into the street with greater number than anti-Mubarak protests. Seemingly, they're fed up with the MB, they spoke their word and their voice is being heard.

The issue is not what the Pakistani army does.

Some Pakistani posters here were supporting the Bahraini protesters; others were supporting the regime.

Same here. Some Pakistanis are supporting Morsi, others are supporting the military coup.

All the Pakistani posters here supporting the Bahraini protesters are SHIA. Nearly all non-shia Pakistanis here are Taliban loving, tyrant, facist, sucmbags that support oppression and killings of innocent people solely based on their sect. I would give you the names of these members but it would take up the whole page writing 90% of Pakistani members here.

Awesome! It's good to keep the Israelis on their toes.:tup:

but from reading Farsnews , Presstv, and official statements from Iran, it seems like they are pro-Morsi, no?

It's just for show I suppose. For Iran, a person like El Beradei is better than Morsi. But even if someone who dislikes Iran takes the lead in Egypt, it would be no problem, we lived 30 years with Mubarak, that wasn't a big deal.

It's just for show I suppose. For Iran, a person like El Beradei is better than Morsi. But even if someone who dislikes Iran takes the lead in Egypt, it would be no problem, we lived 30 years with Mubarak, that wasn't a big deal.

Lotfan inro keh neveshti pak kon! specially darbaryeh el baradei ok?

All the Pakistani posters here supporting the Bahraini protesters are SHIA. Nearly all non-shia Pakistanis here are Taliban loving, tyrant, facist, sucmbags that support oppression and killings of innocent people solely based on their sect. I would give you the names of these members but it would take up the whole page writing 90% of Pakistani members here.
@Aeronaut
I'm sorry but I can't take the word scumbags anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's a thought: some of us support democracy regardless of the sectarian angle.

I supported the protesters in Bahrain against the Arab tyrants, just as I support the Syrian rebels against Assad the butcher.

Granted, the Syrian rebels have some Al-Qaeda types also, but the fundamental principle of supporting democracy v/s tyranny remains inviolate.

There were also 91+ gang rapes in the protests.

That must mean that ... the protesters are anti-women and Morsi is pro-women.

And some English signs must mean that..they're pro west, doing Americas bidding

Hint: the point is that protests are the natural medium for crazies of all kind to vent their frustrations.

Well that didn't stop you from grouping the gang rapes with the "pro democracy" and "pro western" crowd in another thread

I have bolded my bits I'm on ipad.

What I found most interesting going through the Article is, unless I've trouble comprehending, how it was stated that many of them (the Islamists) consider Democracy as Kufar & want to bring about an Islamic State through violence, in a clear cut allusion to the Islamists under question - Morsi & the Muslim Brotherhood. When it clearly appears that the author is either oblivious to or deliberately wishes to ignore the very real fact that the Muslim Brotherhood has always stood for the 'democratic process' whereby they've reiterated their desire to get their agenda institutionalized through the ballot. The few instances of 'violence' that has happened in the past, that can be attributed to them, is inconsequential when compared with what most of 'our' Political Parties have been up to in Karachi, in an entire year, for decades at a stretch.

The article and the author points to this.

"The forceful removal of the nation's first democratically-elected civilian president risks sending a message to Islamists that they have no place in the political order; sowing fears among them that they will suffer yet another bloody crackdown; and thus potentially prompting violent, even desperate resistance by Morsi's followers,'' the Brussels based International Crisis group warned in a statement.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle...morsis-fall-blow-islamists.html#ixzz2Y5XATK2G

Here's a thought: some of us support democracy regardless of the sectarian angle.

I supported the protesters in Bahrain against the Arab tyrants, just as I support the Syrian rebels against Assad the butcher.

Granted, the Syrian rebels have some Al-Qaeda types also, but the fundamental principle of supporting democracy v/s tyranny remains inviolate.

Your one of the few, go look at majority of Pakistani members here...

Back
Top Bottom