What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

yet you see nothing wrong hamas has done and you defend anything they do
i really cant understand that a person who even like the brotherhood defend democracy or freedom by the way when will we see another elections in gaza ?

What has Hamas done?

Egyptian General: MB Demonstrators Should Have Been Reduced to Pulp, Mercilessly Killed
it seems the people outside are uncontrollable, the forces commited massacres yet nothing was acheived, they took down many people into cage on street yet nothing was achieved. And now they want to do worse...what the hell they gonna do if Sisi become a president?:fie:

I think this will bolster young Egyptians to take arms. Sinai is already a capital Cairo for Al Qaeda elements.

It was US Plan from the beginning to replace Mubarak with one general of the actual army. Did anyone realy thought that USA would allow Islamist terrorists like Muslim brotherhood to take over such an important area called Egypt?

It was US Plan from the beginning to replace Mubarak with one general of the actual army. Did anyone realy thought that USA would allow Islamist terrorists like Muslim brotherhood to take over such an important area called Egypt?

Why are you calling them terrorist?

Egypt Deports Nobel Laureate who Tried to Enter Gaza - Latest News Briefs - Israel National News

Egypt on Wednesday detained and deported Northern Irish Nobel Laureate and anti-Israel activist Mairead Maguire and held up others who had been planning to go to neighboring Gaza, AFP reported.

Maguire had intended to join a delegation of women activists going to Gaza, activists and officials told the news agency. On Tuesday, airport police had already detained and deported American activist Medea Benjamin, also part of the delegation, who told AFP police broke her arm.

Egypt bars Gaza-bound Irish Nobel Peace Laureate Maguire | Maan News Agency

CAIRO (AFP) -- Egypt detained and deported Northern Irish Nobel Laureate and peace activist Mairead Maguire on Wednesday and held up others who had been planning to go to neighboring Gaza, the activists and officials said.
Maguire had intended to join a delegation of women activists going to the blockaded Palestinian enclave on Thursday.

The group could embarrass the military-installed government, which is at odds with Gaza's Hamas rulers, yet does not want to be seen as party to a siege of Palestinians, blockaded by Israel.

On Tuesday, airport police had already detained and deported American anti-war activist Medea Benjamin, also part of the delegation, who told AFP police broke her arm. said she arrived at Cairo airport on Tuesday night with fellow activist Ann Patterson.

"We were taken to the detention center and questioned and held for eight hours, and were told we would not be allowed entry into Cairo and would be put on a plane," she told AFP by telephone from Britain after her expulsion.
She said police were polite but gave no reason for barring her, while an airport official told AFP she had been blacklisted.

Maguire, born in 1944, won the 1976 Nobel Peace Prize with Betty Williams for founding a peace group to resolve the conflict in Northern Ireland.

She has become a vocal supporter of the Palestinians and was expelled from Israel in 2010, after trying to enter the blockaded Gaza Strip aboard a ship with other activists.

The delegation of activists that will try to enter Gaza through the Egyptian Rafah border crossing was meant to be led by Djamila Bouhired, an icon of the Algerian war of independence from France.
Bouhired had been expected to arrive at 1800 GMT on a flight from Paris, but did not do so.

Meanwhile, about 15 other activists were barred from leaving the airport, their comrades said, and it was not immediately clear if they too would be deported.
Egypt controls the only border crossing with Gaza that bypasses Israel, and is accused of colluding with Israel to blockade the territory ruled by Hamas.

Complying 'with blockade'

The border crossing is opened irregularly.

"I think it's sad, what they've done," Maguire said of the reception she and the other activists received in Egypt.

"It is an example and confirmation of the Egyptian government's compliance with the blockade of Gaza."

In 2006, Israel imposed a blockade on the enclave and tightened the siege in .

Egypt refuses to recognize Hamas' authority in Gaza and only infrequently allows some aid through the Rafah crossing.

Cairo says the crossing is meant for people, not goods, and a 2005 agreement between Israel and the Palestinians stipulates that Abbas's forces should be present at the passage.

Pro-Palestinian activists from abroad protested in Cairo in 2010 when they were prevented from entering Gaza.

The government of then president Hosni Mubarak eventually allowed some of the activists to cross.

Well done. We are ALL Egypt now.

images

Reported son of Satan, Jesus(PBUH) gave you title of son of satan and Muhammad(SAW) gave that title to the gulf arabs we see today.

Why are you calling them terrorist?

Egypt army foils bid to attack Coptic churchCAIRO (AFP) - The Egyptian army foiled a bid early Monday to attack a Coptic church in the Rafah border town with Gaza as the Christian community began celebrating its Christmas, MENA news agency reported. “Army units foiled an attack against the Rafah church at 1:00 am (2300 GMT Sunday) and seized a car packed with explosives and weapons near the church,” the official news agency said. Another car carrying masked men sped away as the patrols seized the explosives-packed Toyota vehicle, MENA said. Egypt’s Coptic minority celebrates Monday its first Christmas under Islamist rule and amid a climate of fear and uncertainty for their future, although President Mohamed Mursi has pledged to be the “president of all Egyptians.” Egyptian security sources suggested, meanwhile, that the planned attack could have been aimed at a military camp under construction near the church which has been targeted in the past by the militants. They said the church has been lying abandoned for the past two years. Mursi, who hails from the powerful Muslim Brotherhood, visited the Sinai peninsula in October to meet with and reassure Coptic families, telling them that “your security is our security”. Egypt’s Copts, who make up six to 10 percent of the country’s population of 83 million, have regularly complained of discrimination and marginalisation and have also been the target of numerous sectarian attacks.

@BATMAN

You're better than that, the MB has nothing to do with incidents Sinai, they're enormous organization all round the Arabic world for crying out loud. Many moderate Arabs support the MB and they don't need violence at all, they're normal civilians who have political affiliations just as we have liberals or republicans in the states. It's not a military organization.

@BATMAN

You're better than that, the MB has nothing to do with incidents Sinai, they're enormous organization all round the Arabic world for crying out loud. Many moderate Arabs support the MB and they don't need violence at all, they're normal civilians who have political affiliations just as we have liberals or republicans in the states. It's not a military organization.

Well.. i know many support Morsi, but i don't have very high opinion about him, obviously because of his extremist views... during his era Egypt was touted as second Iran.

Now this is a news from Pakistani news paper, just like any other news... your choice, believe it or reject it.

Still, from my POV this is an attempt of terrorism and morsi is the opposition violent enough.

Well.. i know many support Morsi, but i don't have very high opinion about him, obviously because of his extremist views... during his era Egypt was touted as second Iran.

Now this is a news from Pakistani news paper, just like any other news... your choice, believe it or reject it.

Still, from my POV this is an attempt of terrorism and morsi is the opposition violent enough.

Brother, I'm not sure you're familiar with this at all.

1. Morsi does not have extremist views he's a moderate Muslim who's children are western educated, Egypt has kept him behind bars even though he committed no crimes and he got out during the revolution.
2. That is an incident that occurred from sinai militants who have Al Qaeda affiliations and aren't related to the MB at all.
3. MB denounces all violence and they only have peaceful protests, they're made up of educated Arabs around the world.

Al-Sisi's dreams of divine intervention

Information has surfaced that Egypt's Field Marshal Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi has had several dreams which "revealed" that he would one day be President of Egypt. This was revelation was exposed through a "leaked" interview in which Al-Sisi claimed that he has frequent dreams, many of which have come true. He claims to have had premonitions, some from as long as 35 years ago, and that he stopped talking about these dreams in 2006.

In this "leaked" interview with the journalist Yasir Rizq from Al-Masry Al-Yaum, after he was assured that it would not be made public at the time of interview, he talked about four of these dreams.

Dream One:
Al-Sisi: "35 years ago I saw myself holding a sword with 'la ilaha illa Allah' [There is no God but Allah] written on it in red."

For a field marshal or any man in the armed forces who has spent his life in the forces, observing the sword is not abnormal. The field marshal's first dream about the sword with the Islamic declaration of faith could be related to his career in the forces and his devotion to it.

The declaration of faith on the sword may relate to how he perceives himself as a devout Muslim. It is easy to attract and win over the simple Egyptian person by resonating to them the depiction of oneself as a religious hero. It implies that he sees himself waging a holy war in Egypt.

Analysts have interpreted Al-Sisi's dream meaning the holder of the sword will be in charge or lead a force that will kill those who believe in that very declaration. The latter occurred when, on August 14 last year, Al-Sisi carried out the biggest massacre in recent history, killed thousands of peaceful protesters who stood in Rabaa Al-Adawiya Square in Cairo calling for democracy and the return of ousted President Mohamed Morsi.

Dream Two:
Al-Sisi: "On my hand I found I was wearing a watch. The watch had a very big green star on it. It was an Omega watch. People were asking me 'Why you [who has this watch]?' and I tell them this watch is in my name, its Omega and I am Abdel-Fattah. So I put together Omega, the world with Abdel-Fattah."

Omega watches are a well-known luxury Swiss watch, reserved for the elite of most societies. For Al-Sisi it appears to be an object that defines him and raises his status, as well as hinting at a man driven by materialistic rewards. Furthermore, by claiming he was in the possession of such a watch, he would be able to win over the simple Egyptian man.

The green star in the dream may be interpreted as the world. Collectively, Al-Sisi through this dream may be trying to tell the Egyptians that he is special and unique like this Omega watch.

Dream Three:
Al-Sisi: "In my third dream I am told 'You will be given what we have never given to anyone before you', to be President of the Republic [Egypt]."

The Egyptian presidency was given to four others before him, thus the presidency is not a unique endowment. In his narration, Al-Sisi doesn't refer to a person or source but only a vague "they", which may be perceived or understood to imply divine choice or intervention.

Dream Four:
Al-Sisi: "I was talking to Sadat [the former president of Egypt], he told me 'I knew I was going to be the president of the Republic' and I replied: 'And I know I'm going to be the president of the Republic'."

Sadat was accepted nationally and internationally during his era, the latter was particularly due to his relations with Israel. Moreover, Al-Sisi may relate more with Sadat's personality than Gamal Abdul Nasser, who Al-Sisi idolises and also fought the Muslim Brotherhood intently and mercilessly.

Al-Sisi, like Sadat, has a slow mild tone when he speaks and has demonstrated his strong ties with Israel, who similarly hold Al-Sisi in high regard and were the first to congratulate and welcome the military coup on July 3, 2013.

This last dream was the final act in the series of dreams, where the scene was being gradually set in order for Al-Sisi to say that he will be the president. Collectively and in order, Al-Sisi may be trying to tell Egyptians that he is the hero, the special one, the divinely chosen one... he will be president.

Al-Sisi lacks the demeanor and physique of a hero, but his dreams resonate his wish and desire to be depicted as such. It would be easy to make simpletons believe such a conclusion considering how the dreams were relayed and worded.

Al-Sisi has demonstrated numerous times in public appearances that he is not a very confident person, both in terms of his speech, where he very often hesitant, searching for words and frequently repeats or contradicts himself; or in terms of his outer appearance where he often covers his eyes with black sunglasses or brings his military cap down over his forehead.

Morsi is gone, forget him.

He's rotting in jail and may be executed if found guilty :lol:

Hazzy still clinging onto hope that the MB will come back to Egypt. :omghaha:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom