What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

Gamaal Abdel Nasser was the responsible of assasinating the Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al Banna and executed Brotherhood politician el Qutub who gained power secretly in Egypt. Nasser was also the responsible of placing hundreds of Brotherhood founders in the prison and Morsi was overthrown. Oh, King Faisal of Saud largely supported the Muslim Brotherhood during Nasser's rule. I don't understand, if they are confident that the MB is not going to win elections then why detained and placed them in prison all the time since Nasser's rule until Mubarak was toppled? What are they really fearing? In order to be confident about then you'll need someone to challenge you without being detained or end up in prison. People must realise this but the sad part is they cannot accept defeat, even through ballot.

1070057_10151792589469276_895068695_n.jpg

Sooo you're just going to forget decades of violence and terrorism plus the assassination of a populist president?

Ok.....

Hasan El - Benna , he was not the one who was the collaborator of Hitler and nazism in the region ?

Analysis of Sidi Gaber video suggests serious media complicity in propagating staged incident

An official in the security directorate of Alexandria confirmed that the person who was arrested yesterday, Sunday, for throwing two young boys from the roof of an apartment block in Sidi Jaber during disturbances on Friday is a member of an extremist 'Takfiri' group and not a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, or a Salafist.

Ministry of Interior: men accused of throwing children from a building are not from the Muslim Brotherhood

Last edited by a moderator:
well the source is very much pro Morsi. wait for confirmation from neutral source . but thx anyway.

Observers during elections are important in order for a fair and free process, as a result petitions with random numbers being thrown around of 17 million are worthless and do not trump democratic elections & a democratic mandate.

Well done you described what observers do, have a nice big chocolate chipped cookie. However, no one said that a petition (with double the number of votes Morsi got) trumps democratic elections. Again, Morsi breached the mandate given to him by the people and lost his legitimacy, the numbers themselves are of little relevance.

This is why it is annoying when shills like yourself keep claiming to act on behalf of the egyptian people when opinion is so divided and no free or fair monitored process has taken place to determine the will of the egyptian people APART FROM THE ELECTION which bought the MB to power.

DISCLAIMER

I act on the behalf of myself and the views I put forward are mine and do not represent the views of all Egyptians.

What you don't want to understand or cant understand is that Morsi overstepped his mandate and became increasingly authoritarian and so (in any true democratic system) he had to go because the social contract signed with the Egyptian people was no longer valid. Again, the numbers are of little relevance when what you seek is a democratic process rather than a event.

You state "The MB had no intentions of setting up a democratic process in Egypt", how do you know this, did you even give them a chance other then the 11 months they had.

Ok,

1) releasing a constitutional decree granting Morsi unlimited legislative powers in order to protect the constitutional assembly from the constitutional courts verdict (to dissolve it) so they could push through an illegitimate constitution to referendum.

2) Using the same constitutional decree to remove the chief prosecutor and replace him with another. The chief prosecutor can only be appointed and removed by judicial order and so the president intervened in judicial matters. Independent judiciary system threatened.

3) After the constitution passed the referendum he refused amendments to problem clauses, some of which prevented earlier parliamentary elections. He also refused reconciliation talks with the opposition.

4) Widespread arrests of opposition activists and the largest amount (more than Mubarak in fact) of judicial complaints against media personalities for insulting the president and Im sure youre aware of Bassem Yusufs case.

5) Removing governors and replacing them with FJP and affiliate figures all of whom were rejected by the people of the governates and never saw office.

Yeah sounds like the foundation of a real democratic process in Egypt. Talking of chances would you kindly name me one economic or social reform in Morsis first year (just one)?

This is all opinion, you believe they were trying to controle, but others dont.

They controlled all of Egypt's major ministries except the ministry of defence and were the majority in the (unelected) shura council plus they tried to install 12 governors, all of this in their first year.......

If others don't then why did the Morsi regime fall before the military coup? Why didn't the governors see their offices? Why did civil servants and journalists kick out their FJP ministers and chief editors?

There are millions of people in egypt who hold and alterntive view so why should your desire for a military led coup and removal of the regime be upheld when millions of others who voted for the MB and the president be ignored

Where are these people?

Rab3a al3adawiya in which MB supporters from all over the country were bused in can only hold under half a million people. Again, the numbers generated are irrelevant. In a democratic nation if an elected leader breaches the mandate given to them they must be removed, no matter how much public support they have.

Beep Beep
460x.jpg

In a democratic system the process of electing and removing a president and government is through the ballot box not the idiot mob.

Mass protests are a result of legitimate grievances and must be taken seriously. The MB didn't and they got pitched. The ballot box is not the only way to remove a president in advanced democratic nations.

With everybody respecting the system, the election and the results, thus ifthe liberal slime party came to power in the next election all MB supporters MUST adhere to the results of the elections and respect the results and new government, but when their choice of person is in power the same respect must be given to him/them.

If a MB president (of any for that matter) is elected (nigh on impossible) after the transitional phase then there must be a constitution with adequate checks and balances on governmental/presidential powers and so if a president breaches his given powers there will be grave repercussions.

You muppets did nothing, you were so self serving in your actions that you overthrew a democratically elected president because your little group didnt like him.

If you actually followed the events in Egypt you would know that those who protested against the regime weren't just the opposition and their sympathizers but those who were once sympathetic (and voted for Morsi) to MB and were alienated by their agenda and politcal mismanagement in addition to the ordinary poor or middle class Egyptian who didnt have any politcal affiliations but saw that the MB and its affiiliates were destroying the nation for an agenda the majority of Egyptians weren't in favour of, without all these people Morsi would not have been toppled. The opposition have been holding protests for the past two years and their demands weren't listened to by the army nor the government as they simply didn't have as much public support as they did on June 30th.

It is now of utmost important that the muslims of egypt fight this tooth and nail

This isn't a holy war and I would advise you to cease inciting sectarian conflict.

The first chant.....

President Zardari of Pakistan was an utter idiot and ruinous for the nation and state, he did nothing but mismanage the country for 5 years, but we did not overthrow the muppet, he was worse then Morsi.

Pakistani democracy is practically a tragically unfunny joke. Mismanagement is one of the reasons Morsi was ousted but it certainly wasnt the primary one, Egypt has been through far worse economic situation yet those didn't result in mass demonstrations and coups or revolutions.

Ramadan mubarak.

well the source is very much pro Morsi. wait for confirmation from neutral source . but thx anyway.

The majority of pro-Morsi supporters arent members of the MB, It recruits selectively.

And @Jihad_ have respect for the family of the kid that died in that incident......

Sooo you're just going to forget decades of violence and terrorism
There was never violence and terrorism in Egypt before but it will happen soon because Egypt is becoming increasingly lawless now.

plus the assassination of a populist president?

Ok.....
Sadat was a good president but it was suicidal for signing the treaty with Israel which the vast majority of the Egyptians opposed so it was his fault.

There was never violence and terrorism in Egypt before but it will happen soon because Egypt is becoming increasingly lawless now.

Either youre twelve years old or incredibly ignorant and dont know the history of your own nation.

Just one example.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxor_massacre

Sadat was a good president but it was suicidal for signing the treaty with Israel which the vast majority of the Egyptians opposed so it was his fault.

So that justifies killing him?

Every nation needs peace after decades of war and thousands of fathers,brothers and sons lost.

I have many Egyptians friends and ex- colleagues and having visited Cairo a number of times I feel a deep empathy for the Egyptian people in general. I have refrained from commenting on this subject because I am torn between supporting a democratically elected president and sympathy for the masses that feel cheated by the flawed polices of an Islamist President.

Last week end I met an old Egyptian friend who is almost like a brother and who was responsible for getting me job in an oil company when I was 62 years old. I was invited to his nephew's wedding in Heliopolis area of Cairo last year. Admittedly his views are biased against Morsi because he is part of the Egyptian upper middle class that is anti-Islamic extremism. For the benefit of the members, I present his views.

Firstly, the way Egyptian election system works is that there is a run-off between the two candidates getting highest votes in the first ballot; the process is repeated until one candidate gets more than 50% votes. Morsi only received about 25% votes in the first ballot, only 1% more than his next rival. This represents his real support.

Many people who voted for Morsi in the run off were not his supporters; only that they thought he was better than Ahmed Shafik. Final count being 51.73% for Morsi & 48.27% for Ahmed Shafik. Thus Morsi’s mandate was paper thin.

Secondly, soon after taking office he granted himself unlimited powers ostensibly to ‘protect the nation’. Even though this was reversed a month later Morsi decrees during that period could not be reversed by the courts.

Morsi claimed that he was for all Egyptians but in effect he was only for the Muslim Brotherhood. Morsi started a program for Islamization per Brotherhood ideology which is not in tune with the Shaafi’i maslak followed by majority of the Egyptian Muslims.

Last but not the least, Egyptian Joe public hardly cares for which brand of Islam you follow, ordinary folks need jobs, education, health etc., essentially better economic conditions for which Morsi proved totally inept.

Thus many sections of Egyptian population were deeply disappointed by the new gov’t’s performance. The Judiciary because he cut down their powers; Muslim scholars of Al Azhar because Morsi was attempting to impose Syed Qutub style Islamic ideology and the intelligentsia who thought that Morsi was another Hosni Mubarak in Islamist disguise. Even the Saudis got worried because the Royals thought that Muslim Brotherhood would export revolutionary ideas into Saudi Arabia. Man on the street was unhappy simply because economic situation worsened during Muslim brotherhood in power. Needless to say that West is never happy with a revolutionary Islamist regime in a key country such as Egypt. Demonstration against Morsi was a repeat of the previous uprising.

In response to my objection “How can an educated and liberal person like you support army action to remove an elected President?” My friend replied that election does not necessarily mean that if people made a mistake, they must suffer for 4 years! Also even Hitler was democratically elected.
Not being an Egyptian, I don’t think I have a right to criticise what Egyptians want for their country.

Either youre twelve years old or incredibly ignorant and dont know the history of your own nation.

Just one example.....

Luxor massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My dear, Egypt isn't Iraq. You are saying "decades of violence and terrorism in Egypt" but where is the violence and terrorism? There is no bombings or shooting without being investigated like any other lawless states so the Luxor was nothing.

So that justifies killing him?

Every nation needs peace after decades of war and thousands of fathers,brothers and sons lost.
Israel is our main enemy and will always be our enemy and therefore we should not make a treaty with the Zionist. Hence, this is why Sadat was assasinated. If America did not interrupt Egypt and if Sadat continued the war, Israel would not have existed. That is why he was considered as 'coward' to the Arab people but to me, he was a better president than Abdel Nasser and Mubarak.

now i know middle east countries are paying well for this event
too bad i dont think this will stop any time soon even they say election is next year if it is not fishy so long wait

Back
Top Bottom