What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

The final toll is not yet in. The next few days will reveal the confirmed casualties.

All fatalities from the field hospital were moved to state hospitals and then state morgues. Further fatalities may come from those seriously injured in the events who are now being treated in state hospitals and per the health ministry's report 51 are dead, all of them male debunking your and the MBs claims. The official FJP page on FB also posted a picture of children who had been murdered in Syria and not in Egypt, which either indicates treachery or stupidity (the water mark was still on the picture).

Is that the toll of the recent confrontation between the MB supporters and the Republican Guard or the toll of the 2nd revolution?

The events in front of the Republican Guard Officers club (which is deemed a military base and therefore military personnel are allowed to use live fire to repel attackers as per Egyptian law).

The events in front of the Republican Guard Officers club (which is deemed a military base and therefore military personnel are allowed to use live fire to repel attackers as per Egyptian law).

Oh God, so that was the death toll of the armed confrontation : ( Sorry to hear that bro ..

Oh God, so that was the death toll of the armed confrontation : ( Sorry to hear that bro ..

Its a sad day for all Egyptians no matter what their political or ideological affiliation and proof that the MB has no remorse or guilt about what happened today and would gladly do it again to further their own political agenda even if that means the death of their own supporters, military personnel, protesters and ordinary Egyptians.

Its a sad day for all Egyptians no matter what their political or ideological affiliation and proof that the MB has no remorse or guilt about what happened today and would gladly do it again to further their own political agenda even if that means the death of their own supporters, military personnel, protesters and ordinary Egyptians.

Yes, I think tragic incidents like these had shown the true color of such people. The MB will pay a dare price for its reckless behavior toward Egyptians in general, and the military in particular. They should have compromised with other ideological political paries and groups to form a coalition Gov't from day 1.

I don't think the MB will embrace dialogue over violence if you ask me, but maybe I'm wrong and I hope so.

If I may ask, what do you think about KSA's stand in this conflict? Do you think that KSA should have done/do something to warm up the environment in Egypt?

Yes, I think tragic incidents like these had shown the true color of such people. The MB will pay a dare price for its reckless behavior toward Egyptians in general, and the military in particular. They should have compromised with other ideological political paries and groups to form a coalition Gov't from day 1.

I don't think the MB will embrace dialogue over violence if you ask me, but maybe I'm wrong and I hope so.

If I may ask, what do you think about KSA's stand in this conflict? Do you think that KSA should have done/do something to warm up the environment in Egypt?

The MB has already stated that there wont be any dialogue until Morsi is reinstated as President. They're basically holding Egypt to ransom, but, it wont work.

As for KSA, I welcome the statement they released, however, no nation should get involved in Egypt's internal affairs.

Well, the MB can't reinstall Morsi again since the vast majority of Egyptians protested against him. It is highly unlikely that the MB will never win the hearts and minds of the Egyptian people, period.
The MB has already stated that there wont be any dialogue until Morsi is reinstated as President. They're basically holding Egypt to ransom, but, it wont work.

As for KSA, I welcome the statement they released, however, no nation should get involved in Egypt's internal affairs.

Yes, I agree, Egypt sovereignty shall never be violated under any circumstances. Let's hope all best to the people in there, Egypt is extremely important, and I'm not comfortable seeing it that way, it's chaotic.

Well, the MB can't reinstall Morsi again since the vast majority of Egyptians protested against him. It is highly unlikely that the MB will never win the hearts and minds of the Egyptian people, period.

Yes, I agree, Egypt sovereignty shall never be violated under any circumstances. Let's hope all best to the people in there, Egypt is extremely important, and I'm not comfortable seeing it that way, it's chaotic.

The fight isn't for Morsi but for the brotherhood itself. With Morsi reinstated (even as a ceremonial figure) the brotherhood wont be targeted or outlawed and they could remain in the politcal equation, however, if Morsi isn't reinstated (and they keep on resorting to violence) they will be targeted and if the Egyptian judiciary deem it necessary outlawed.

The chances of them getting what they want though are zip and so now they are advocating foreign (specifically American) intervention to return Morsi which also wont happen.

Well, some MB figures like Safwat Hijazi stated that their goal is to reinstall president Morsi which is meaningless if you ask me. Maybe he had forgotten how many people turned against them. The MB surely can co-exists with all political parties across the country, but if they must accept that fact that Morsi became a part of Egypt history, this is the will of the majority of the Egyptians.

The MB must denounce violence and advocate for peaceful protests among their ranks and their supporters.

The fight isn't for Morsi but for the brotherhood itself. With Morsi reinstated (even as a ceremonial figure) the brotherhood wont be targeted or outlawed and they could remain in the politcal equation, however, if Morsi isn't reinstated (and they keep on resorting to violence) they will be targeted and if the Egyptian judiciary deem it necessary outlawed.

The chances of them getting what they want though are zip and so now they are advocating foreign (specifically American) intervention to return Morsi which also wont happen.

Wether they advocated for a foreign assistance or whatever, Morsi is gone and all.

Ministry of health reported 51 deaths, all of them male.

old-spice-guy-nodding.gif

Why Muslim countries have become the object of slaughter, why do not know anti-awake ah, Europe and the United States was not enough for you cheated.

Egyptian Al-Jazeera Reporter Hagag Salama Resigns Live on Air: al-Jazeera Incites Civil War in Egypt

Hagag Salama, al-Jazeera correspondent in Egypt since 2003, has resigned live on air on Dream TV channel, stating that the lack of professionalism by al-Jazeera and its incitement for civil war among Egyptians are the main reasons why he decided to end his career with the Qatar-based network.

Footage of Pro-Morsi Demonstrators Firing at the Egyptian Army

This collection of videos shows how some of the pro-Morsi demonstrators are using firearms against the Egyptian military. Of course, al-Jazeera is propagating a similar false narrative used in the Syrian crisis that the Egyptian military is shooting "innocent and peaceful demonstrators".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom