What's new

Educated Indians' support for Modi is a sad let down

Who is it that you are calling "fringe" ? .......... is the church fringe ? ....... are the maulvis fringe ? or do they represent and lead the main stream ?

Modi has no desire to alienate the "fringe" as you call them. He is part of them. Has not Modi spoken against "Pink revolution" in CLEAR Terms ? Has not the nation heard him say that ?

SO is the whole nation now Fringe ?

You can continue to pretend that Modi is not a Hindtuva guy, when his whole history is NOTHING BUT Hindutva. BJP has NO DESIRE to move away from the religious point of view. Their whole purpose and existence is Hindutva. They last time they tried to move away from it, Advani became a joke and BJP lost big time.

What does that tell you ? What does India want ?

What the "seculars" like nair call the "fringe" IS the Mainstream reality of India. Just because he has difficulty accepting the truth does not mean its not the truth.

When people vote, they vote for ideas not for a man. They vote for the person who can best get done what they think needs to be done. There are a lot of semi educated young people in India looking to move away from their farms and find a good life. If Modi was a crazy person, people would not have voted for him. They voted because he talked of irrigation canals and solar panels and they voted because they saw the development in Gujurat. There was an element of religious pride as well, again due to Congress policies of appeasing Muslims, people are fed up with that too. Nobody voted for Modi to protect cows but they thought he could redress the balance towards respect for Hindu beliefs.If people felt that the ONLY thing Modi could do was balance regions then they would not have voted for him. If tomorrow the whole nation decided to become Atheist, the BJP would have to follow or else another party will take its place.

how can you believe he is supporting secular, modern India and fast developing India to a first world country

Because that is what he talks about, in every speech, every interview, to every world leader he meets. He talks about building highways, digital India, clean India, protecting the girl child. Until he starts talking nonsense, the people of india will believe that he is supporting change to a modern. India.

The common people especially Hindus are misguided and trapped into religious bigotry.

Hindus are no more misguided than Chrisitans or Muslims. All this shows is your own bigotry. There is way too much religion in India. Why don't we worry about this life first !!!!

When people vote, they vote for ideas not for a man. They vote for the person who can best get done what they think needs to be done. There are a lot of semi educated young people in India looking to move away from their farms and find a good life. If Modi was a crazy person, people would not have voted for him. They voted because he talked of irrigation canals and solar panels and they voted because they saw the development in Gujurat. There was an element of religious pride as well, again due to Congress policies of appeasing Muslims, people are fed up with that too. Nobody voted for Modi to protect cows but they thought he could redress the balance towards respect for Hindu beliefs.If people felt that the ONLY thing Modi could do was balance regions then they would not have voted for him. If tomorrow the whole nation decided to become Atheist, the BJP would have to follow or else another party will take its place.

Its not "crazy" to support Hindutva :lol:

Not for Modi and certainly not for the rest of the Hindus. Keep your prejudice out of the forum when you talk to me.

There is no contradiction in wanting Hindutva and wanting irrigation canals, solar panels, roads and jobs. If you think there is, then that is your problem.

Modi always stood for Hindutva AND Development. Not Hindutva OR development.

Its a lie to say people did not vote for Modi to protect the cow, they very much did. Especially in the "cow belt" which is where 50% of his seat came from.

He spoke about "Pink Revolution" in pretty much all his speeches. Cow protection is part of the BJP election Manifesto :cheesy: ..... what more do you need ?

Let the nation become Atheist tomorrow, THEN the BJP can decide its stance. As of now its 80% Hindu and BJP has already decided its stand, which is why their election manifesto says RAM TEMPLE in AYODHYA and COW PROTECTION in Non Ambiguous terms.

Its not "crazy" to support Hindutva :lol:

Not for Modi and certainly not for the rest of the Hindus. Keep your prejudice out of the forum when you talk to me.

There is no contradiction in wanting Hindutva and wanting irrigation canals, solar panels, roads and jobs. If you think there is, then that is your problem.

Modi always stood for Hindutva AND Development. Not Hindutva OR development.

Its a lie to say people did not vote for Modi to protect the cow, they very much did. Especially in the "cow belt" which is where 50% of his seat came from.

He spoke about "Pink Revolution" in pretty much all his speeches. Cow protection is part of the BJP election Manifesto :cheesy: ..... what more do you need ?

Let the nation become Atheist tomorrow, THEN the BJP can decide its stance. As of now its 80% Hindu and BJP has already decided its stand, which is why their election manifesto says RAM TEMPLE in AYODHYA and COW PROTECTION in Non Ambiguous terms.
I didn't say it was crazy to support Hindutva. I said people wouldn't vote for Modi if he thought he was a crazy person. Two very different things. Don't be so defensive.

I said that religious pride was PART of what this election was about, thanks to Congress but not the ENTIRETY. people would not vote only to protect cows, that was just the icing on the cake to the voters of the cow belt.

commies are feeling the heat.
CRksqrNUsAAt3RX.jpg

RSS is the acronym commonly used to refer to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh or National Volunteer Corps. The organization was started in 1925 to specifically ‘revive’ Hindu culture which was claimed to be under the onslaught of “foreign” cultural and political influences primarily, Muslims, but also secularists. The RSS drew ideological inspiration from the (then) recently triumphant Fascist movement led by Mussolini (the Fasci di Combattimento had taken power in Italy by 1924). K.B. Hedgewar, the founder of RSS, was greatly influenced by B.S. Moonje, his mentor, who had traveled to Italy to meet with Mussolini and study Fascism. Moonje played a crucial role in molding the RSS along fascist lines and was deeply impressed by the vision of the fascist organizations.

Dhimmitude for Muslims, Christians and other minorities:
The foreign races in Hindusthan [India] must either adopt the Hindu culture and language, must learn to respect and hold in reverence Hindu religion, must entertain no idea but those of the glorification of the Hindu race and culture, i.e., of the Hindu nation and must loose (sic) their separate existence to merge in the Hindu race, or may stay in the country, wholly subordinated to the Hindu Nation, claiming nothing, deserving no privileges, far less any preferential treatment — not even citizen's rights. There is, at least, should be, no other course for them to adopt. We are an old nation; let us deal, as old nations ought to and do deal, with the foreign races, who have chosen to live in our country.” [emphasis added]

Campaign to Stop Funding Hate

RSS is the acronym commonly used to refer to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh or National Volunteer Corps. The organization was started in 1925 to specifically ‘revive’ Hindu culture which was claimed to be under the onslaught of “foreign” cultural and political influences primarily, Muslims, but also secularists. The RSS drew ideological inspiration from the (then) recently triumphant Fascist movement led by Mussolini (the Fasci di Combattimento had taken power in Italy by 1924). K.B. Hedgewar, the founder of RSS, was greatly influenced by B.S. Moonje, his mentor, who had traveled to Italy to meet with Mussolini and study Fascism. Moonje played a crucial role in molding the RSS along fascist lines and was deeply impressed by the vision of the fascist organizations.

Dhimmitude for Muslims, Christians and other minorities:
The foreign races in Hindusthan [India] must either adopt the Hindu culture and language, must learn to respect and hold in reverence Hindu religion, must entertain no idea but those of the glorification of the Hindu race and culture, i.e., of the Hindu nation and must loose (sic) their separate existence to merge in the Hindu race, or may stay in the country, wholly subordinated to the Hindu Nation, claiming nothing, deserving no privileges, far less any preferential treatment — not even citizen's rights. There is, at least, should be, no other course for them to adopt. We are an old nation; let us deal, as old nations ought to and do deal, with the foreign races, who have chosen to live in our country.” [emphasis added]

Campaign to Stop Funding Hate
I am not Hindu, but personally I see nothing wrong in respecting Hindu culture or religion. If that is such a burden to you maybe you should move elsewhere?

I didn't say it was crazy to support Hindutva. I said people wouldn't vote for Modi if he thought he was a crazy person. Two very different things. Don't be so defensive.

I said that religious pride was PART of what this election was about, thanks to Congress but not the ENTIRETY. people would not vote only to protect cows, that was just the icing on the cake to the voters of the cow belt.

I agree Nobody votes for a crazy person, Modi or Gobi. Its a non starter. Clearly you point was not that. Still I will let that slide.

I also agree no one votes ONLY to protect cows. That too is a non starter.

Since we are not discussing Mutually Exclusive ideas, what is your point ? The voter know what he was getting into when he voted for Modi. Now he is getting what he voted for.

So why the sudden pretence of surprise that there is something NEW being served after the elections were over ?

I am not Hindu, but personally I see nothing wrong in respecting Hindu culture or religion. If that is such a burden to you maybe you should move elsewhere?
May be you purposefully skipped the idea of that words - That quoting says - Non-Hindus must assimilate into Hinduism. No separate existence, that is what RSS wants. I personally am respectful to Hindu culture neither see mine different from theirs. But, the fascist idea of genocide or 2nd class citizenship for minorities - that is what those sentences meant.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom