What's new

"Eat Pork or stay hungry", new right-wing government in French towns tells Muslim Children.

Separation of religion and state is one of pillars of modern secularism. I support France's decision.

We are talking about schools, not random street vendors. Schools are being funded by the state, so is its food. Therefore, by offering religious food, the state is sponsoring and funding that said religion.

Plus, France is not prohibiting religious food, just prohibiting the state from funding religious food.

As a Buddhist, I am not being offered vegan food in schools.

eat green leafy vegetables....good source of all essential nutrients and vitamins and no trans fat like meats. eat heathy

They should just take the vegetarian option or bring food from home.

We are talking about schools, not random street vendors. Schools are being funded by the state, so is its food. Therefore, by offering religious food, the state is sponsoring and funding that said religion.
I'm no expert but if I recall correctly food is part of the French curriculum, starting in primary school. What are the Muslim and Jewish students supposed to do while their Christian classmates are tasting variants of pork-laden garbure or blood-thickened coq au vin? Flunk the course or violate their parents' religious precepts?

I'm no expert but if I recall correctly food is part of the French curriculum, starting in primary school. What are the Muslim and Jewish students supposed to do while their Christian classmates are tasting variants of pork-laden garbure or blood-thickened coq au vin? Flunk the course or violate their parents' religious precepts?
That is why I believe there is a non-political and non-legal resolution to this.

First...The NF should just STFU.

Then...The French government should allow local schools to be charitable to local population and on the other hand, the Muslims and the Jews should respect French society and its conventions.

In Europe the modern day Nazis are projected with fancy name of "far-right" these days

What if a kid is not a Muslim but he just doesn't like pork? Should he go hungry? Stupid politician.

It seems the French have some racist gene, if you live in Canada you know exactly what I mean. The French in Quebec were trying to do things like this as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom