What's new

earthquake in Turkey all turkish members ok?

The earthquake also caused devastation in northern Syria. The regime has updated the official figure to 111, but it is much higher than that across Syria. It is now the coldest days of winter with temperatures around -5 in some areas. Those trapped under the rubble are in danger of hypothermia. There is a race against time.

In Turkiye, the epicenter of the earthquake, Kahramanmaraş, was devastated. According to official figures, over 500 buildings were collapsed just in Kahramanmaraş.

I'm from the epicenter of the earthquake and my relatives like many others were asleep when it happened. Thank Allah that they weren't harmed but my grandma's sister broke her back and her children were injured. There are thousands like her who are either injured or under rubble.

People like me who live abroad are having trouble reaching out to their families.

Hundreds of buildings have collapsed. Hell, even my old apartment which I lived in up until like 3 years ago has collapsed.

The sad part is, most of this destruction and loss of life could've been avoided had the government invested more in appropriate measures.
Kardeşim çok geçmiş olsun. Allah'a şükür iyisin. Gelişmeleri üzüntüyle takip ediyoruz, yapabileceğimiz bir şey varsa lütfen söyle.

The earthquake also caused devastation in northern Syria. The regime has updated the official figure to 111, but it is much higher than that across Syria. It is now the coldest days of winter with temperatures around -5 in some areas. Those trapped under the rubble are in danger of hypothermia. There is a race against time.

In Turkiye, the epicenter of the earthquake, Kahramanmaraş, was devastated. According to official figures, over 500 buildings were collapsed just in Kahramanmaraş.
Are you currently in Kahramanmaras, hocam? They say the entire city centre turned flat, how big is the destruction? I hope to Allah people are safe and the loss of life is as little as possible.

Are you currently in Kahramanmaras, hocam? They say the entire city centre turned flat, how big is the destruction? I hope to Allah people are safe and the loss of life is as little as possible.
No, I am not in Kahramanmaraş, but I was able to talk to a friend by phone. Unfortunately, the situation is very bad in the center and some districts. He said there are serious coordination problems in some districts. As far as I know from the news, rescue teams are constantly landing at the airport. I hope that within these hours a rescue team has started to work for each debris.

Kardeşim çok geçmiş olsun. Allah'a şükür iyisin. Gelişmeleri üzüntüyle takip ediyoruz, yapabileceğimiz bir şey varsa lütfen söyle.
Hocam thanks for the wishes but I live in Europe; the ones who live in Turkey are the ones that need prayer. Hopefully the loss of life is minimal.

Death numbers will be high, Southern cities have so many
houses with poor infrastructure made by/for Syrian refugees after 2011

Death numbers will be high, Southern cities have so many
houses with poor infrastructure made by/for Syrian refugees after 2011
Not just that but ~60% of buildings in the area are old high-rise blocks. I think that the death toll will unfortunately be very high.

Greece is sending a C-130 with a rescue team and equipment

Check this video from Sanliurfa

The earthquake was going on for about a minute O_O

Some towns and villages in Syria were completely devastated.

Rescue teams, relief materials to be dispatched to quake-hit Turkey, says PMO

In the wake of the devastating earthquake which has claimed over 600 lives in Turkey and Syria, India has decided to send search and rescue teams, along with medical aid and relief materials.

India Today Web Desk
New Delhi, UPDATED: Feb 6, 2023 14:59 IST
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=...ium=socialicons&utm_campaign=shareurltracking
turkey_quake-sixteen_nine.jpg

India has decided to send search and rescue teams, along with medical aid and relief material to quake-hit Turkey. (Reuters photo)

By India Today Web Desk: In the wake of the devastating earthquake which has claimed over 600 lives in Turkey and Syria, India has decided to send search and rescue teams, along with medical aid and relief materials.

This comes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he was anguished by the loss of lives in Turkey and offered all possible assistance to the quake-hit nation.

The decision to dispatch aid was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Dr PK Mishra, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, at the PMO in South Block.

Two teams of NDRF comprising 100 personnel with specially trained dog squads and necessary equipment are ready to be flown to the earthquake-hit area for search and rescue operations, the PMO said in a press release.
READ | Researcher predicted killer Turkey, Syria earthquake three days back

Medical teams are also being readied with trained doctors and paramedics with essential medicines.

“Relief material will be dispatched in coordination with the Government of Republic of Türkiye and Indian Embassy in Ankara and Consulate General office in Istanbul,” the PMO said.

More than 600 people were killed and thousands injured on Monday, after a major earthquake of magnitude 7.8 struck central Turkey and northwest Syria, collapsing buildings and triggering searches for survivors in the rubble.

The quake, which hit in the early darkness of a winter morning, was also felt in Cyprus and Lebanon.
Following the deadly temblor, Turkish authorities declared a "level 4 alarm" that calls for international assistance.

End of times reference?
Not end times. It is just a sign of big events ahead as per Hadiths.

Israel attacked 2 Palestinians' refugee camps right after the earthquake. I have my eyes on Arabian Peninsula, the center of KSA. There are forces inside this country that have their roots in Umayyad family. Its a long time they are preparing for something.

Btw, Iran is preparing to send aids to both Turkey and Syria. Hope it reduces the pain of families in both countries.

Not end times. It is just a sign of big events ahead as per Hadiths.

Israel attacked 2 Palestinians' refugee camps right after the earthquake. I have my eyes on Arabian Peninsula, the center of KSA. There are forces inside this country that have their roots in Umayyad family. Its a long time they are preparing for something.

Btw, Iran is preparing to send aids to both Turkey and Syria. Hope it reduces the pain of families in both countries.

I would like to talk about this further, but I can't seem to access your profile and this is the wrong place to talk about it.

is the Turkish consulate/embassy collecting funds in UK.?

Fatality figures increased to 900+... :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom