What's new

EADS Eurofighter in the MRCA competition Thread

The eurofighter has everything we need...
double engined...
quadruplex digital fly-by-wire...
13 hardpoints...
supercruise....
3d thrust vectoring...

paritosh..The cost of euro fighter is astounding looking at Saudi Purchase of 72 of them for 9.5 Billion dollars and all training and other things excluded surely will cross 12 billion...how do you see this 126 for 10 or something billion dollars or is it a special favor to India to sell it for a low price tag...again my verdict F-18s are on their way winner of mrca as a part deal of nuclear agreement..

paritosh..The cost of euro fighter is astounding looking at Saudi Purchase of 72 of them for 9.5 Billion dollars and all training and other things excluded surely will cross 12 billion...how do you see this 126 for 10 or something billion dollars or is it a special favor to India to sell it for a low price tag...again my verdict F-18s are on their way winner of mrca as a part deal of nuclear agreement..

Sure the EF is expensive but its in budget, if it wasn't it would have not been there in the competition in the first place. Also these contenders are spending millions of dollars on building infra in India and bringing these planes, training pilots etc and IAF didn't spend one rupee out of her pocket. They wouldn't do it if their chances were slim.

All 6 are in budget and very capable. I personally would like EF to win, which looking at its capabilities is not impossible.

india will not bring 126jet fly away condition it is bringing only 6 planes in that case and rest of them will be manufacture by hal......

indians are asking total TOT so we can manufacture it

saudi bringing all in flyaway condition so cost is high that make diffrence

This is not correct, because that was the system price including, weapons, training and stuff and you have to take to account that the EFs for Saudi will be build in Europe, whereas MMRCA will mainly be build in India for lower production costs and not to forget in higher numbers. So the EF could turn out cheaper than those for Saudi Arabia and moreover it was not IAF/MoD that invited the EF for this competition, they offered us the EF after the Rafale enters the competition too. That means they knew before what our budget might be and wouldn't offer the EF if it doesn't fit right?

india will not bring 126jet fly away condition it is bringing only 6 planes in that case and rest of them will be manufacture by hal......

indians are asking total TOT so we can manufacture it

saudi bringing all in flyaway condition so cost is high that make diffrence

not 6 it is 18 in flyaway conditions

If India goes for Eurofighter then we should go for Grippen. what do you guys think?

Saab AB, the Swedish defense major, has received a Request For Information (RFI) from the Indian Navy for the supply of carrier-borne fighter aircraft. The company, which received the RFI earlier this month, is pitching a little-known naval variant of its Gripen NG fighter, called the Sea Gripen. Saab is already bidding for the 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) tender of the Indian Air Force (IAF), for which it has offered an advanced version of the Gripen NG, called the Gripen IN.

Saab has been studying the idea of designing a carrier-borne variant since the mid-’90s but the company only decided to launch the Sea Gripen program in the wake of its existing campaigns for the air forces of India and Brazil and the moves by the two countries to build a serious carrier capability, even though at that time there was no formal request from either country. Saab is planning to pitch the aircraft to countries with smaller-sized carriers and says they expect more nations to show interest in the Sea Gripen, because existing naval fighters are either of an older generation or large-sized, forcing them to buy or build large ships as well.

According to Peter Nilsson, Gripen’s Vice President of Operational Capabilities, the Sea Gripen is intended for both CATOBAR (Catapult Assisted Take Off But Arrested Recovery) as well as STOBAR (Short Take Off But Arrested Recovery) operations. “There will obviously be differences in the MTOW (Maximum Take-Off Weight). In a CATOBAR concept, the Sea Gripen will have a MTOW of 16,500 kilograms and a maximum landing weight of 11,500 kilograms. In a STOBAR concept it depends on the physics of the carrier. Roughly, the payload of fuel and weapons in STOBAR operations will be one-third less than the payload in CATOBAR operations. There will be no differences in ‘bring-back’ capability,” he says.

Nilsson says Saab hasn’t had to make any dramatic changes in the basic Gripen NG to design the Sea Gripen, because of its existing abilities, saying, “What helps is the Gripen´s ability to operate from road base strips.”

Time will tell what we will get and what not lets wait and see my indian friends.

what :rolleyes:do u think ? F-18 or mig-35 which is best bid for india?

Sorry for late reply because i was out of station ..:)

For me i love Rafeal ..but its not the case MIG-35 will come late to India because the production will start only after 2013 i think and Rafeal and Typhoons are more expensive toys..So India has high chance for settling with F-18's..If the rumour is correct its F-18's tops all the flight evaluation

Then what about the Indian ambassador to Italy claiming EF is leading?

Now, I am getting so tired of speculating for so many years, I just wish they would choose MMRCA before 7th gen aircraft come out!

Sorry for late reply because i was out of station ..:)

Su-47 yar i dont know why he is said that..the evaluation trials is not begun for EF and he already claimed EF is leading..

lolz i too wish they choose it fastly mate..

By 2020, India will have
5 Gen -
At least 20 PAKFA

4.5 Gen -
280 Sukhoi 30mki.
200 MMRCA
80 Tejas

4 Gen -

100 Mig 29(IAF +IN)
50 Mirages

By the way how many 4 and 4.5 Gen. a/c Pakistan will be having?

All Pakistani feels PLAAF will come to their help in case of war. Please come out of this delusion, international relations are based on mutual interests. No body will come to help you in long and dengerous war with India. Stop relaying on others to protect your nation.

There is the problem by 2020 India will start getting its planes

China has 200 J10 4.5 generation planes (***NOW***)

China has 315 interceptos with BVR Missiles (***Now***)

China has 800 interceptors 3rd gen in use with Advance missiles (***Now***)

China has 80 Sukhoi 27 (***Now***)

China has 100 Sukhoi Su-30MKK Flanker-G (***Now***)

China has 110 Shenyang J-11 (***Now***)

China has 200 Bombers JH-7 Flying Leopard (***Now***)

China has 180 strategic bombers (***Now***)

Chana has 300 planes fatan type (***Now***) for army

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lets count

2286 Fighter planes

Not including the AWACS many

And they also have 1000+ AWAC killer missies .... that will specifically seek AWACs , as they are AWAC hunters !!!

190 transport planes !!! 190 .. they can move 40,000 chinese soliders to Pakistan or any part of india with in 8 hours

If only 50 of these planes moved soliders around , and paratroopers landed in urban areas - you can only image the scenario

NOT INCLUDING their ARMY .. BIGGEST ARMY IN WORLD

Not including the Stealth UAV , Stealth Planes in Chinese inventory
that are being built !!!

STEALTH ... they are testing their stealth now , 1-2 years away ...2011

2020 is too far away :china::pakistan:, time to discuss peace , war has no gain ... peace is better for whole region

FC-20 I did not even add those fighter planes yet or J10B which is being developed for China and Pakistan

That does not includes ....

1000+ Airplanes in Pakistan Airforce !! Now 2010 ... not 2020 ...

Over 30 new aircraft projects underway for new fighters including

2 Stealth Projects , 1 UAV stealth !!!, and FUTURE BOMBER PROJECTS ...

If Pakistan/China/India can sit down that would be best for every one

Last edited:
I don't think MMS will opt for typhoon. He will surely give order to Americans SH F-18. Also there will be around 200 fighter aircraft not 450+ typhoon.

But, we will be having around

FGCA = 10-20
Su 30MKI = 300
Tejas = 70-80
MiG-21 Bison = 140
MiG-27UPG = 148
Mig-29SMT = 70
Mirage 2000-5 = 60
Jaguar IS/IM = 80

And that does not includes number of UAVs and UCAVs.
I don't think it is your Prime Minister's decision to go along. Most of the military purchases are done on the recommendations of the military generals and top brass no matter how heavy the political hand be. And from what I hear from your fellow countrymen, the most powerful woman in your country is an Italian-born minister of the incumbent government.

This would mean that Typhoon has a strong probability to win. Super Hornet won't be getting through because Americans aren't used to transferring their technology, especially the extent to which you demand, to customer countries. Usually, they expect you only to buy and not expect any technological transfer.

And belonging to a country whose air force is entirely American-made, we would know it better than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom