What's new

EADS Eurofighter in the MRCA competition Thread

Both have some plus and minus points. but F-18 SH Block 2 is slightly better than Mig-35 in term of capabilities. But Mig-35 has better agility, customization. I guess of both F-18 will be better. When we get SU-30 MKI, there is no need of another Russian fighter.

But Mig-35 (a Russian Plane) maintenance will be easy then F-18 bcz India donot have that experience with American technology that it has with Russian.

But Mig-35 (a Russian Plane) maintenance will be easy then F-18 bcz India donot have that experience with American technology that is has with Russian.

In that case we will learn.
We are already too dependent on Russians in defense. Time for a change...

What is the stance of team Typhoon on TOT? Will it be complete transfer?
Compared to rafale, which would be better in terms of TOT?

But Mig-35 (a Russian Plane) maintenance will be easy then F-18 bcz India donot have that experience with American technology that it has with Russian.

Yes that is correct. But if we think about maintenance than we will never be able to induct something new.

Russians themselves not going buy Mig-35 in large numbers. After upgrading our own Mig-29 they will also retire by 2020 but F-18 will serve in the USN until 2030 atleast.

But my choice is EFT. :pop:

With UK and Germany we never had a bad deal. I d not know what will happen in future but UK and German aircrafts served well in Indian armed forces as well as ToT.

Recent skirmish with France with respect to Scorpene deal and Mirage upgrade will effect Rafale. Above all Rafale is a good fighter but it has very few takers.

Hi,
LONG & DANGEROUS WAR?:rofl: Seriously dude get your facts rights are u saying there is going to be a long and dangerous war in a nuclear environment? i don't know if i should even try to elaborate, candidly speaking please don't comment when your emotions are bursting out to speak louder than your reasoning, i don't understand from where you guys get these kind of ideas, even if India gets 500 F-22 Raptors, taking on Pakistan wont be easy, why you ask because the biggest deterrence weapon there is, is a nuclear bomb! not fighter jets. I am sure even your source of information (wiki & other similar URL'S) would also agree to this.:pakistan:

We don't need raptors for Pakistan... Sukhois can do the job perfectly. As far as your nuclear threat is concerned.....why you guys are so desperate to commit suicide. Let me remind you what Gen Padmanabhan said about nuclear attack on India....

"The perpetrator of that particular outrage shall be punished, shall be punished so severely that the continuation of any form of fray will be doubtful,"

yeah buddy by 2020 even US would think 100 times before attacking
an enemy as massive as India,unless they are hell bent upon accelerating loosing their numero uno position.

By 2020, the technology gap will be bigger than now. As US is increasing the gap of its military technology capability from the rest of the world, including Europe, Russia and China, for the next 30-40 year. Maybe after 50 years, China can start to close the gap, that is if China's GDP can be twice the size of the US at the time.

So in 2020, US would be even more powerful. And more powerful in 2030 and even more powerful in 2040. By 2030, no Chinese or Russian missile will be able to land in US.:usflag:

I do not think that India should not worry about TOT. Save that money for something else.

By 2020, the technology gap will be bigger than now. As US is increasing the gap of its military technology capability from the rest of the world, including Europe, Russia and China, for the next 30-40 year. Maybe after 50 years, China can start to close the gap, that is if China's GDP can be twice the size of the US at the time.

So in 2020, US would be even more powerful. And more powerful in 2030 and even more powerful in 2040. By 2030, no Chinese or Russian missile will be able to land in US.:usflag:

the gap b/w us and India is less today than it was 10 years ago ,and will continue to lessen in the coming decades.Ur hypotesis about us increasing the gap is just figments of imagination.India is now more globally integrated then it was just a half decade back.And if u have read analysids by maerket experts and economists ,like Stepen Roach,Nouriel Roubini,America will have to pass through a pretty elaborate stressfull period as far as its economy is concerned and some ,while India and china will continue to grow at steady pace.
marc Faber even suggests that by 2017,Merica will be close to brink of bankrupcy,if China continues with its policy of undervalued yen.Having said that India will be to United Stateds in the 21st century what England was to America in the 20th cenury .symbian realtionship based on shared priciples and values.

the gap b/w us and India is less today than it was 10 years ago ,and will continue to lessen in the coming decades.Ur hypotesis about us increasing the gap is just figments of imagination.India is now more globally integrated then it was just a half decade back.And if u have read analysids by maerket experts and economists ,like Stepen Roach,Nouriel Roubini,America will have to pass through a pretty elaborate stressfull period as far as its economy is concerned and some ,while India and china will continue to grow at steady pace.
marc Faber even suggests that by 2017,Merica will be close to brink of bankrupcy,if China continues with its policy of undervalued yen.Having said that India will be to United Stateds in the 21st century what England was to America in the 20th cenury .symbian realtionship based on shared priciples and values.

Well, if china can under value yen, then Toyota, Panasonic and Hitachi would be very happy.:):bounce:

I do not know where you get the idea that India is catching up with the US. No country is catching up with the US in the near future as US technology is pulling away from that of Europe, Russia and China. I think you are confusing economic growth with technology.

Even if China can surpass US economy. Its technology would still be decades behind. As for India, its even further behind as its relying on Russia/European TOT.

As for the relationship between India and US you are talking about, its possible only with India come under US nuclear umbrella. England was and is under US nuclear umbrella. i do not see any Indians in here supporting that approach.

Well, if china can under value yen, then Toyota, Panasonic and Hitachi would be very happy.:):bounce:

I do not know where you get the idea that India is catching up with the US. No country is catching up with the US in the near future as US technology is pulling away from that of Europe, Russia and China. I think you are confusing economic growth with technology.

Even if China can surpass US economy. Its technology would still be decades behind. As for India, its even further behind as its relying on Russia/European TOT.

As for the relationship between India and US you are talking about, its possible only with India come under US nuclear umbrella. England was and is under US nuclear umbrella. i do not see any Indians in here supporting that approach.

You overestimate the technical prowess of the US. Highly over estimate it. You also underestimate the resolve of other countries to bridge the current gap.

You overestimate the technical prowess of the US. Highly over estimate it. You also underestimate the resolve of other countries to bridge the current gap.

US is by far the most advance nation. Other countries has the resolve to bridge the gap. However, it won't be for a while. The best bet now would be China to bridge the gap with the US. this is because China's economy is growing at a fast pace and could surpass the US economy in a couple of decades.

Now lets look at the whole picture. China's technology is still way behind that of the US. Lets say in 25 years, China can start to spend more money than the US on research, which is the basis of technology. US would be many generations ahead of China. As a result, it would take China another 25 to 30 years to start closing the gap. From then, it would take China another 30-40 year to completely close the gap. So we are looking at 1090 for China to come close to US at earliest. As China is the most likely candidate as of now to surpass that of the US and the estimated time is 80 years at earliest, other countries would take even longer. Also, in 80 years a lot of things could change. So its safe to say that in this century, no one can match the US:usflag:

US is by far the most advance nation. Other countries has the resolve to bridge the gap. However, it won't be for a while. The best bet now would be China to bridge the gap with the US. this is because China's economy is growing at a fast pace and could surpass the US economy in a couple of decades.

Now lets look at the whole picture. China's technology is still way behind that of the US. Lets say in 25 years, China can start to spend more money than the US on research, which is the basis of technology. US would be many generations ahead of China. As a result, it would take China another 25 to 30 years to start closing the gap. From then, it would take China another 30-40 year to completely close the gap. So we are looking at 1090 for China to come close to US at earliest. As China is the most likely candidate as of now to surpass that of the US and the estimated time is 80 years at earliest, other countries would take even longer. Also, in 80 years a lot of things could change. So its safe to say that in this century, no one can match the US:usflag:

Money? Umm labour in China is cheaper than in the US?

They are at most 10 years behind the US technology wise. Look at your current generation of academia. Kids in the US/West prefer to become carpenters because it pays more than a lowly scientist. Don't deny that the top kids in your schools are foreigners (mainly from India and China). Who even if they remain in the country are unlikely to contribute to making the US stronger than their homeland.

You seem to have fully boarded the 'The USA is all-powerful' bandwagon.

Money? Umm labour in China is cheaper than in the US?

They are at most 10 years behind the US technology wise. Look at your current generation of academia. Kids in the US/West prefer to become carpenters because it pays more than a lowly scientist. Don't deny that the top kids in your schools are foreigners (mainly from India and China).

Cheap labor does not make advance technology. Also, China is several decades behind that of the US. Look at it this way, the rest of the world is going for the silver medal as US already has the gold. US can absorb the best and brightest from the rest of the world shows the might of the US nation.

It is not over-estimating but it is a fact. USA is way ahead of every other country in terms of R&D and academia. That is something 'extra' way ahead! Though that is not good for anyone one not even USA.

Eurofighter chahiye ? $$ tumhara b a a p dega :rofl:

To hell with the IAF's requirements and constraints, big daddy convinced MMS, F-18 is coming soon :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom