Dutch Queen Maxima due in Islamabad tomorrow

Passionaire

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Queen Máxima to arrive in Pakistan tomorrow

1042556-maxima-1454928998-543-640x480.JPG

Queen Máxima. PHOTO: FILE

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands will begin a three-day visit to Pakistan from Tuesday as part of her global efforts to promote financial inclusion.

The queen is the UN secretary-general’s special advocate for inclusive finance for development and her scheduled visit comes in support of Pakistan’s National Financial Inclusion Strategy.

Financial inclusion

During her visit, the queen is set to hold meetings with the president, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, together with governor State Bank of Pakistan, according to Radio Pakistan.

On the sidelines of these meetings, the queen is also scheduled to meet with other stakeholders from public and private sectors.

Further, Queen Máxima will hold discussions with the representatives of international organisations, financial organisations, telecom companies and micro-finance institutions to explore their role in improving access to financial services such as savings, payments, credit and insurance.

Davos meetings: Regional peace to map future progress, says PM

Launched in May 2015, the strategy aims to expand the availability of the financial tools the poor need to protect themselves against hardship and improve their lives.

The World Bank is preparing a programme to support the implementation of Pakistan’s financial inclusion strategy over the next five years.

Pakistan has a well-organised financial system but the use of formal services is low, particularly among women, farmers and small businesses.

Queen Máxima to arrive in Pakistan tomorrow - The Express Tribune

Last edited:
What is the job of Manmoon Hussain

In 3 years
I have not seen him speak or meet with Foreign Delegates

In 3 years

Who the feck is Manmoon Hussain and what does he have to do with our politics?

In 3 years
What is the role of Indian president Pranab Mukherjee? I haven't seen him speaking and engaging with foreign delegates. What hear is just MODI

:rofl:

tbh I hadn't heard of him either but you should've known better. :lol:

Zardari was much more visible compared to the current guy.
Zardari granted himself lots of powers through several ordinance in parliament. He actually had power to sign any temporary ordinance without approval of parliament. It was abolished later.
Current guy was appointed as a puppet bcz nawaz had a bad experience with presidents rebelling against him in the past.

Zardari was much more visible compared to the current guy.

That was an anomaly. In the Pakistani political system, the President only has a limited set of powers, and is largely a ceremonial role, similar to the role performed by monarchs in constitutional monarchies such as Sweden or the UK. I am sure India has a similar structure to Pakistan. The reason why Zardari was so prominent as a President was because he ran the PPP as a one man show, and so the Pakistani PM was under his direct control since he Zardari was the leader of the PPP.

In 3 years
he attended chinese national day parade met with azeri and belarusian heads on his tour .... he only does not get much camera he also met with Tajik state head on his vist to pakistan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom