What's new

Durga Puja is not only Hindu festival. It is festival for all : Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminded me of Deen-e-Ilahi of Mughal Emperor Akbar.

A Muslim is someone who submits his/her will to Allah. There is only one culture permissable and that is Islamic Culture. Any practice or such that goes against Islamic teachings must be abondoned. Be it Idol Worshipping or non-Islamic festivals e.g Easter, Christmas, Sarasvati Puja, Durga Puja or others.

You don't practice Islam, that is another thing but don't dilute your beliefs. Everyone should study their religion better.

images(371).jpg

Islam's propagation through Bengal, relative to the rest of the subcontinent, was much more peaceful. it was through trade and commerce with the Arab world at the time.

If you think about it, the fact that Bangladesh today is this tiny enclave with this huge Muslim population, in a very non-Muslim area, is quite remarkable. Not many countries around the world can have such a high % of practicing Muslims, who are completely surrounded by non-Muslim, countries. Especially when Islam wasn't really forced there, as it was in other parts of the subcontinent. It shows the power of Islam as a culture if propagated in a way taught in the Quran (IE, not by force). The other example I can think of is Indonesia. And for similar reasons, it proliferated through trade.

Whereas in a lot of other parts of the subcontinent, it wasn't so peaceful. It was through military conquests. So large swathes of landlocked connecting lands were easy prey to conquering militaries, resulting in a lot of forced conversions. Modern-day Pakistan is an example of that.

This is controversial. But I believe these historical differences manifest in subtle differences in mindsets. But it's not my, or anyone else job to say where the best manifestation of Islam lies. If we were to compare the pseudo, even anti-Islamic practices going on in Pakistan and Bangladesh, we'll be here all day.

But the idea that Pakistani's have the sole authority to speak on behalf of all Muslims in the sub-continent (or even the entire continent), is kind of laughable if it wasn't so historically tragic. This is why so many Bengali's to this day loath Pakistani's, with a passion. Because you put yourself as the sole authority of all things Muslim in the subcontinent based exclusively on your lessons from history, which isn't all that relevant in other corners of the subcontinent. I'd say it mostly stems from Kashmire, and the horrific way partition took place in your corner of the world. It wasn't as brutal for us. And most of our beef with India is due to the big nation vs small nation powerplay. We'll deal with them our way. Not the Punjabi way.

Last edited:
This is a nice sentiment but the truth is Bengali Hindus don't like it when Muslims show up in their festivities. there is a belief among Hindus that Muslim boys go to puja to pick out Hindu girls for relationships and marriage which they call "love jihad"

As a Hindu girl who have had relationships with both Hindu and Muslim boys, I can relate to and agree with what you are saying.

You can call it love jihad or whatever but the fact is Hindu girls prefer Muslim boys over Hindu boys for the following reasons

1. Muslim boys are much more physically attractive than the Hindu boys
  2. Muslims boys use nice perfumes while Hindus boys stink with sweat
  3. Muslim boys are able to find nice private spaces/homes while Hindu boys are unable to do the same. No Movie theatres, parks and lakesides outside the city are not private spaces even though they think they are
  4. Performance of Muslims boys is far more superior. Hindu boys tend to suffer from premature and ED issues and are not confident like the Muslim boys

Islam's propagation through Bengal, relative to the rest of the subcontinent, was much more peaceful. it was through trade and commerce with the Arab world at the time.

If you think about it, the fact that Bangladesh today is this tiny enclave with this huge Muslim population, in a very non-Muslim area, is quite remarkable. Not many countries around the world can have such a high % of practicing Muslims, who are completely surrounded by non-Muslim, countries. Especially when Islam wasn't really forced there, as it was in other parts of the subcontinent. It shows the power of Islam as a culture if propagated in a way taught in the Quran (IE, not by force). The other example I can think of is Indonesia. And for similar reasons, it proliferated through trade.

Whereas in a lot of other parts of the subcontinent, it wasn't so peaceful. It was through military conquests. So large swathes of landlocked connecting lands were easy prey to conquering militaries, resulting in a lot of forced conversions. Modern-day Pakistan is an example of that.

This is controversial. But I believe these historical differences manifest in subtle differences in mindsets. But it's not my, or anyone else job to say where the best manifestation of Islam lies. But if we were to point compare the pseudo, even anti-Islamic practices going on in Pakistan and Bangladesh, we'll be here all day.

But the idea that Pakistani's have the sole authority to speak on behalf of all Muslims in the sub-continent (or even the entire continent), is kind of laughable if it wasn't so historically tragic. This is why so many Bengali's to this day loath Pakistani's, with a passion. Because you put yourself as the sole authority of all things Muslim in the subcontinent, based on your shallow lessons from history, which has little to no relevance elsewhere. For you, India is your eternal enemy. That's your business. But please, leave religion out of this. We have problems with India too. But we'll deal with them our way. Not the Punjabi way.
@Dalit also said it

I knew this guy is one of those Anti-Pak crazies, in every thread not so subtly talking crap while we have to ignore
e1022657cc9a6cea7bdfefa71660b01e.jpeg

Also repeating the talking points of those hindutavas point

UP was invaded more times than Kashmir or Sindh ever were
Both are Muslim while UP is not

Invasions can't change religions- can introduce religion but not change em

if you wanna loathe us hate us we loathe you too- I don't give a crap

I don't why we take this racist fool seriously, he has some major anti-pak issues

"Not the Punjabi way"

Last edited:
@Dalit also said it

I knew this guy is one of those Anti-Pak crazies, in every thread not so subtly talking crap while we have to ignore
View attachment 784064

I don't why we take this racist fool seriously, he has some major anti-pak issues

"Not the Punjabi way" GTFO you racist rat pos
@Dalit also said it

View attachment 784064

"Not the Punjabi way" GTFO you racist rat pos

I was responding to one of your geniuses, who had the gall to say Pakistan destroyed the afterlife for Bangladesh.

I mean, on one hand, he blames us for destroying PAK. On the other hand, he thanks God for separating us from... Make your mind up you half-witted incoherent twat.

He constantly berates Bengali's as inherently unIslamic. Yet when one of us points to the sort of things that happens in Pakistan, you guys jump. What's wrong with saying "not the Punjabi way"? If you've said "we won't deal with X in a Bengali way", I'd have no issue

Maybe pay attention to the sort of nonsense your countrymen put out first.

This is controversial. But I believe these historical differences manifest in subtle differences in mindsets. But it's not my, or anyone else job to say where the best manifestation of Islam lies. If we were to compare the pseudo, even anti-Islamic practices going on in Pakistan and Bangladesh, we'll be here all day.

But the idea that Pakistani's have the sole authority to speak on behalf of all Muslims in the sub-continent (or even the entire continent), is kind of laughable if it wasn't so historically tragic. This is why so many Bengali's to this day loath Pakistani's, with a passion. Because you put yourself as the sole authority of all things Muslim in the subcontinent based exclusively on your lessons from history, which isn't all that relevant in other corners of the subcontinent. I'd say it mostly stems from Kashmire, and the horrific way partition took place in your corner of the world. It wasn't as brutal for us. And most of our beef with India is due to the big nation vs small nation powerplay. We'll deal with them our way. Not the Punjabi way.
Another history and religion hacker. Islamic belief cannot be forced because it is belief between the individual and God. The lack of proper understanding of the Monotheist faith among a large percentage of Bangladeshi Muslims is indicative of conversion for convenience. This could be one of them:
The Sultanate of Bengal (Bengali: শাহী বাংলা, Persian: شاهی بنگاله‎ Shāhī Bangālah),[2] was an empire[3][4][5] based in Bengal for much of the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries. It was the dominant power of the Ganges–Brahmaputra Delta, with a network of mint towns spread across the region. The Bengal Sultanate had a circle of vassal states, including Odisha in the southwest, Arakan in the southeast,[6] and Tripura in the east.[7] In the early 16th-century, the Bengal Sultanate reached the peak of its territorial growth with control over Kamrup and Kamata briefly in the northeast and Jaunpur and Bihar in the west. It was reputed as a thriving trading nation and one of Asia's strongest states. Its decline began with an interregnum by the Suri Empire, followed by Mughal conquest and disintegration into petty kingdoms.

Because you put yourself as the sole authority of all things Muslim in the subcontinent based exclusively on your lessons from history, which isn't all that relevant in other corners of the subcontinent.

You really think it's because we made ourselves the sole authorities and not that Bangladesh's national leadership very quickly decided that they wanted to be doves with India because Muslims in Kashmir didn't matter for them? There are only 2 Muslim countries in South Asia - maybe 3 if you think Afghanistan is one of them. 2 of them ended up allying with India so guess what, it's only Pakistan standing up for the Muslims getting steamrolled by Hindus.

Another history and religion hacker. Islamic belief cannot be forced because it is belief between the individual and God. The lack of proper understanding of the Monotheist faith among a large percentage of Bangladeshi Muslims is indicative of conversion for convenience. This could be one of them:
The Sultanate of Bengal (Bengali: শাহী বাংলা, Persian: شاهی بنگاله‎ Shāhī Bangālah),[2] was an empire[3][4][5] based in Bengal for much of the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries. It was the dominant power of the Ganges–Brahmaputra Delta, with a network of mint towns spread across the region. The Bengal Sultanate had a circle of vassal states, including Odisha in the southwest, Arakan in the southeast,[6] and Tripura in the east.[7] In the early 16th-century, the Bengal Sultanate reached the peak of its territorial growth with control over Kamrup and Kamata briefly in the northeast and Jaunpur and Bihar in the west. It was reputed as a thriving trading nation and one of Asia's strongest states. Its decline began with an interregnum by the Suri Empire, followed by Mughal conquest and disintegration into petty kingdoms.

So according to you, no Muslim has ever forced converted non-Muslims in the entire history of Islamic civilization.

Why are you even bringing theology into a geopolitical/historical context? We're not talking about religion. Forced conversion is haram and explicitly, but Muslims do haram things all the time. Muslims are humans and are just as capable of sinning as anyone else. God didn't say Muslims are sin-free. Power and conquest corrupt everyone. Including the nawabs of Bengal. Some Muslim rulers were just, some weren't. Many used religion purely as an instrument of power.

As for your copy and paste about a brief summary of the Bengal sultanate, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but thanks for the summary anyway.

Last edited:
I was responding to one of your geniuses, who had the gall to say Pakistan destroyed the afterlife for Bangladesh.

I mean, on one hand, he blames us for destroying PAK. On the other hand, he thanks God for separating us from... Make your mind up you half-witted incoherent twat.

He constantly berates Bengali's as inherently unIslamic. Yet when one of us points to the sort of things that happens in Pakistan, you guys jump. What's wrong with saying "not the Punjabi way"? If you've said "we won't deal with X in a Bengali way", I'd have no issue

Maybe pay attention to the sort of nonsense your countrymen put out first.
Have interacted with enough of you to know what Punjabi represents and how you were saying it, in which context

Could have said pakistani way (cause it was more appropriate) but use of one ethnicity who you have chastising throughout your history, calling slurs

We know the subtle meaning of this and the deep racism behind the use of "punjabi" instead of "Pakistani"

Frickin respond to his a** why are you pushing this "Punjabi" (cause we are not idiots we know why and how your lot use this)

And proud of the Pakistani way- there's a reason why no one considers Pakistan Indian backyard cause it's the Pakistani way, we sacrificed and worked for it

You do you but stop being racist, stop talking down on Pakistan, stop with some kind of superiority complex

History of your posts exhibits this behavior but unlike Indians, you do it subtly

Last edited:
Before this thread degenerates even further:

Some of you guys come in here to comment on this thread about the clearly problematic topic of the original post. (I don't think Muslims should be celebrating Durga Puja anymore than Easter) (That doesn't stop some of us from making Easter Eggs in grade school or wanting Christmas presents)

Also, keep in mind this post, along with many others, was created by a fringe individual and probably crypto Hindu.

However, for some reason some of you guys think its ok to question the Islam of 150 million people based on the above.

This is not the first time.

There always seems to be the appearance of SOME Pakistanis equating Bangladeshis/Bengalis as Hindus or somehow lesser Muslims.

If that's the case here on PDF in 2021, lets be real, that was probably even more so the case in 1971.

And you wonder why things went the way they did.

The criteria for who is a better Muslim is laid out in the Quran.

And for that the creator is the judge, not man.

Keep this in mind.

Addendum: For any mods reading this, the Fake Turk is consistent with his denigrating behavior. And not a damn thing has materially been done.

So according to you, no Muslim has ever forced converted non-Muslims in the entire history of Islamic civilization.

Why are you even bringing theology into a geopolitical/historical context? We're not talking about religion. Forced conversion is haram, but Muslims do haram things all the time. Muslims are humans and are just as capable of sinning as anyone else. Power and conquest corrupt everyone. Including the nawabs of Bengal. Some Muslim rulers were just, some weren't. Some used religion purely for power

As for your copy and paste about a brief summery of the Bengal sultanate, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but thanks for the summery
Logically speaking, people who lack belief in the Creator, and have an Islamophobic attachment to the religion of Islam can be suspected of being forced converted. Nobody held a sword to somebody's neck to convert them because nobody cares what you believe. It happened because their ancestries chose it for convenience for their own reasons, so the point is, don't blame others for it.

Have interacted with enough of you to know what Punjabi represents and how you were saying it, in which context

Could have said pakistani way (cause it was more appropriate) but use of one ethnicity who you have chastising throughout your history, calling slurs

We know the subtle meaning of this and the deep racism behind the use of "punjabi" instead of "Pakistani"

Frickin respond to his a** why are you pushing this "Punjabi" (cause we are not idiots we know why and how your lot use this) do you even know if his ethnicity?

Because Punjabis, whether you like it or not, over-represent your military and political elite. At least historically anyway.

It was a cheeky swing, I won't lie, but it didn't come out of anywhere, as I explained previously.

If I caused offense, I apologize and retract it. No point escalating this further over knee-jerk emotional responses from both sides.

Call it a day, and talk about something interesting instead. This is one of those useless cultural warfare nonsense that won't achieve anything constructive.

Frickin respond to his a** why are you pushing this "Punjabi" (cause we are not idiots we know why and how your lot use this)

Some of these guys have a lot of racial ressentiment - don't forget that it was angry Awami Leaguers who started the massacres in East Pakistan. And it's become a state project over there to pass it onto the next generation by any means. Which is why you get people who have Punjabis and Urdu speakers living rent free in their head

Because Punabi's, whether you like it or not, over-represent your military and political system. At least historically anyway.

It was a cheeky swipe, I won't lie, but it didn't come out of anywhere, as I explained previously.

If I caused offence, I apologise and retract it. No point escalating this further over knee-jerk emotional responses from both sides.

Call it a day, and talk about something interesting instead. This topic is a complete non-topic cultural warfare BS.

Chill out man.

At the end of the day we are brothers.

We many fight and quarrel, but if the chips are ever REALLY down, we are brothers.
Some of these guys have a lot of racial ressentiment - don't forget that it was angry Awami Leaguers who started the massacres in East Pakistan. And it's become a state project over there to pass it onto the next generation by any means.

Look at yourselves first.

Yeah some Bengalis hate Pakistanis.

But its also vice versa.

And the snipes almost always come from you guys first, at least on these PDF threads.

And yea, its about race.

Because Punabi's, whether you like it or not, over-represent your military and political system. At least historically anyway.

It was a cheeky swipe, I won't lie, but it didn't come out of anywhere, as I explained previously.

If I caused offence, I apologise and retract it. No point escalating this further over knee-jerk emotional responses from both sides.

Call it a day, and talk about something interesting instead. This topic is a complete non-topic cultural warfare BS.
40% of our army is pashtun, most of our cabinet is pashtun, our civil service is Urdu speaking, corporate sector is mixed

But when it's time to talk crap bring the good old racist Punjabi slurs...
Ofcourse to be cheaky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom