What's new

Drone attack kills 21

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
BBC News - US drone attack kills 21 militants in Pakistan

A US drone attack has killed at least 21 militants in north-western Pakistan, local intelligence officials said.The drone fired two missiles, destroying a vehicle and a compound near Miranshah town in North Waziristan tribal district, on the Afghan border.

The dead militants include some foreigners and are believed to be part of the Haqqani network, officials say. The group is believed to be behind a number of attacks against US troops in Afghanistan.

North and South Waziristan are regularly targeted by drone missiles.The US says the region provides sanctuary to al-Qaeda and Taliban insurgents who are involved in attacks on Nato forces in Afghanistan.

"The dead included local Taliban as well as some Arabs and Uzbek nationals," news agency Reuters quoted an unnamed intelligence official in North Waziristan as saying.

Initial reports said four to five militants were killed, but officials later said the toll had gone up after more bodies were pulled out from the rubble.The attack on Wednesday morning was one of the biggest in recent weeks.

Last month, drone strikes killed at least 30 people in less than 24 hours in the area. Drone attacks have escalated in the region since President Barack Obama took office in 2008. More than 100 raids were reported in the area last year.

The US does not routinely confirm drone operations, but analysts say only American forces have the capacity to deploy such aircraft in the region.

Pakistan publicly criticises drone attacks, saying they fuel support for militants. But observers say the authorities privately condone the strikes, although there have been recent signs that they want to limit the scope of such attacks.

A number of militants, some of them senior, have been killed in the raids, but many civilians have also died.

why the hell they only target Haqqanis n not TTP which overtly fight Pakistan military n kill civilians? .I wish Haqqanis kill more n more American soldiers in Afghanistan n Pakistan should support Haqqanis... If CIA and Afghan government can play dirty by letting TTP attack our forces we shud also do the same to them..

why the hell they only target Haqqanis n not TTP which overtly fight Pakistan military n kill civilians? .I wish Haqqanis kill more n more American soldiers in Afghanistan n Pakistan should support Haqqanis... If CIA and Afghan government can play dirty by letting TTP attack our forces we shud also do the same to them..

So if these drones target TTP, then drone atacks would be OK?

gift of ramdan wait for eid gifts from uncle sam .and they say we hate them why?

Read this article and ull know what I mean...I used to thought drone strikes are also targeting TTP along with Haqqani network..these strikes are not for our enemies and in fact making more enemies for Pakistan..Americans are fighting there own war n they also want us to fight there war..they are playing us and we are acting like pigeons

here is an excerpt from an article I cant post the link coz i din exceed my 5 posts limit yet

Until now US has carried out over 290 drone attacks in Pakistan, killing thousands of innocent people and seriously compromising the sovereignty of the country. Most of these attacks targeted Haqqani Network; therefore, Pakistan feels that, presence of Haqqanis and other foreigners in its soil is posing a serious domestic threat for it, thus why should we support such elements. The significant feature of the CIA driven drone attacks have been that these are focused against Haqqanis and Hafiz Gul Bahadur or else Moulvi Nazir. These attacks never targeted TTP, the group of Taliban that overtly fight against Pakistani security forces, its innocent civilians and destroying its installations. Rather, they get most sophisticated weapons and equipments and financed enormously from Afghan soil. In many cases, weapons confiscated from the TTP terrorists were of NATO or US origin with huge USDs or even Indian currency.

Read this article and ull know what I mean...I used to thought drone strikes are also targeting TTP along with Haqqani network..these strikes are not for our enemies and in fact making more enemies for Pakistan..Americans are fighting there own war n they also want us to fight there war..they are playing us and we are acting like pigeons

here is an excerpt from an article I cant post the link coz i din exceed my 5 posts limit yet

Until now US has carried out over 290 drone attacks in Pakistan, killing thousands of innocent people and seriously compromising the sovereignty of the country. Most of these attacks targeted Haqqani Network; therefore, Pakistan feels that, presence of Haqqanis and other foreigners in its soil is posing a serious domestic threat for it, thus why should we support such elements. The significant feature of the CIA driven drone attacks have been that these are focused against Haqqanis and Hafiz Gul Bahadur or else Moulvi Nazir. These attacks never targeted TTP, the group of Taliban that overtly fight against Pakistani security forces, its innocent civilians and destroying its installations. Rather, they get most sophisticated weapons and equipments and financed enormously from Afghan soil. In many cases, weapons confiscated from the TTP terrorists were of NATO or US origin with huge USDs or even Indian currency.

Please choose
(a) you don't support Drone attacks
(b) you do support drone attacks
(c) You support drone attacks only if TTP are targeted
(d) You would support Drone attacks if TTP and Talib and Al-Qaida types were targeted

I am just talking about the hypocrisy of Americans dats it!...I dont support drone strikes at all...you better ask our military about tht only thn it wud make a difference ..

"believed to be part of the Haqqani network"

why the hell are they killing innocents without proof?

look what happened in UK because police killed one person,

and these nato idiots are killing hundreds of ppl everyday.

Passive language is usually used by Newspapers to show their unbiased coverage. It doesn't essentially translate that the killing was done against innocents. This is just a reporting style and a format whereby newspaper claims no responsibility for either side involved.

TTP is your problem not US. Those who are terrorists against US are their targets while those who're terrorists against Pakistan are your Army's target. This was in not one on one but multiple teams are involved.

Not attacking TTP doesn't mean that they are supporting them TTP targets urban areas and operates there. How the hell would US drones operate in bustling cities?

Please can you tell me why the GoP allows this to happen when it seems that the overwhelming majority of Pakistanis don't want foreign drones operating over their skies? It seems their is a major disconnect between GoP policies and actions and what the people ACTUALLY want, and this I have noticed is on many subjects such as FP, military, politics, social etc.

:angry:

Where is ANP idiots now? When they come from FATA to kill innocent MQM supporters, why they cannot fight this?

Why do we have an army or airforce? :angry:

I am just talking about the hypocrisy of Americans dats it!...I dont support drone strikes at all...you better ask our military about tht only thn it wud make a difference ..
Hypocricy? They took out Baitulluh Mehsud - didn't they?

Case is simple; we do not target Haqqani Network; they do not target TTP.

These are acts of war IMO. I hope when this leadership of the government and the army leaves they are prosecuted to the fullest for their crimes against Pakistan by allowing this senseless murder to go on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom