What's new

Dreaming India super power by 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info on this, please? =]

India is not 4th largest but 2nd largest, Sorry my mistake. :cheers:

There are more then 3500 engineering colleges/institutes in India. Mind it these are degree awarding institutes not diploma/certificate type polytechnics. If u want data about polytechnics there are more than 1,244 in India.

Just do the maths.

For ur help:

1. Andhra Pradesh has more then 3,00,000 seats

2. Tamilnadu alone has the number of BE /B Tech seats available in private colleges cross 1.64 lakh + more than 96,000 seats available for grabs under the government quota at Anna University itself.

Tamilnadu = 2,60,000 seats

New Engineering Colleges Coming Up In Tamil Nadu

New Engineering Colleges Coming Up In Tamil Nadu

3. Maharasta has more then 88,300 engineering seats

State entrance today, 30,726 students from district to appear

The above 3 states itself holds more then 7,00,000 engineering seats. That means about 7,00,000 (+ or - 10-15%) engineering are produced by these states itself.

Also, add the following:

The fifteen IITs are located in

1. Kharagpur (West Bengal)
2. Mumbai (Maharashtra)
3. Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
4. Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
5. Delhi (New Delhi)
6. Guwahati (Assam)
7. Roorkee (Uttrakhand)
8. Bhubaneshwar (Orissa)
9. Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
10. Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
11. Patna (Bihar)
12. Jodhpur (Rajasthan)
13. Rupnagar (Punjab)
14. Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
15. Mandi (Himachal Pradesh)

Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research

These are the result of new initiative of the Govt. IISER are a group of premier institutes being created by the Government of India to promote education and research in the sciences.

Five IISER's have been currently planned across the country in the following locations -- Kolkata in West Bengal, Pune in Maharashtra, Mohali in Punjab, Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.[1] The financial outlay for each IISER is around Rs 500 crore for the first five years. The NISER is being set up in Bhubaneswar for a slightly higher outlay of 800 crores.

National Institute of Fashion Technology

NIFT has become one of the leading fashion schools of India. It is the founder member of "Fashion school foundation of world", which comprises 23 fashion schools worldwide. Many of the leading designers of India are NIFT alumni.

12 NIFT will boost our Textile and Apparel industry.

Indian Institutes of Management

For better companies we need more and more good MBAs.

7 new IIMs by the end of 2012.

That means total 14 IIMs.

The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, India was established by the Government of India to cater to the long-standing demand for setting up a dedicated nodal for quality higher education and advanced research in the pharmaceutical sciences.

Total 7 NIPER.

All India Institute of Medical Sciences

6 New AIIMS to be ready in 2 years
To be set up in Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Raipur and Rishikesh

Indian Institute of Science

IISc rated among best in the world will have Two new campus of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.

Useless info, the future cant be predicated. And this one is written by a Nobel economy award winner-Robert. So, which one is real? Do you think they really can predicate the future? Oh, come on, only time can make a decision.:lol: Be mature, guy.;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why China's Economy Will Grow to $123 Trillion by 2040 - By Robert Fogel | Foreign Policy
In 2040, the Chinese economy will reach $123 trillion, ornearly three times the economic output of the entire globe in 2000. China's percapita income will hit $85,000, more than double the forecast for the EuropeanUnion, and also much higher than that of India and Japan. In other words, theaverage Chinese megacity dweller will be living twice as well as the averageFrenchman when China goes from a poor country in 2000 to a superrich country in2040. Although it will not have overtaken the United States in per capitawealth, according to my forecasts, China's share of global GDP -- 40 percent -- willdwarf that of the United States (14 percent) and the European Union (5 percent)30 years from now. This is what economic hegemony will look like.

Most accounts of China's economic ascent offer little butvague or threatening generalities, and they usually grossly underestimate theextent of the rise -- and how fast it's coming. (For instance, a recent study bythe Carnegie Endowment for International Peace predicts that by 2050, China'seconomy will be just 20 percent larger than that of the United States.) Suchaccounts fail to fully credit the forces at work behind China's recent successor understand how those trends will shape the future. Even China's own economicdata in some ways actually underestimate economic outputs.

It's the same story with the relative decline of a Europeplagued by falling fertility as its era of global economic clout finally ends.Here, too, the trajectory will be more sudden and stark than most reportingsuggests. Europe's low birthrate and its muted consumerism mean itscontribution to global GDP will tumble to a quarter of its current share within30 years. At that point, the economy of the 15 earliest EU countries combinedwill be an eighth the size of China's.

This is what the future will look like in a generation. It'scoming sooner than we think.

What, precisely, does China have going so right for it?

The first essential factor that is often overlooked: theenormous investment China is making in education. More educated workers aremuch more productive workers. (As I have reported elsewhere, U.S. data indicatethat college-educated workers are three times as productive, and a high schoolgraduate is 1.8 times as productive, as a worker with less than a ninth-gradeeducation.) In China, high school and college enrollments are rising steeplydue to significant state investment. In 1998, then-President Jiang Zemin calledfor a massive increase in enrollment in higher education. At the time, just 3.4million students were enrolled in China's colleges and universities. Theresponse was swift: Over the next four years, enrollment in higher educationincreased 165 percent, and the number of Chinese studying abroad rose 152percent. Between 2000 and 2004, university enrollment continued to risesteeply, by about 50 percent. I forecast that China will be able to increaseits high school enrollment rate to the neighborhood of 100 percent and thecollege rate to about 50 percent over the next generation, which would byitself add more than 6 percentage points to the country's annual economicgrowth rate. These targets for higher education are not out of reach. It shouldbe remembered that several Western European countries saw college enrollment ratesclimb from about 25 to 50 percent in just the last two decades of the 20thcentury.

Don't spam this forum, this thread is about India. :bunny::bunny:

No need to drag china here. :wave:

Nopes they are busy thinking that india is going to broken into 50 independent countries on its own in the coming days. and at the end of day it is always good for us to have a ill informed enemy. media in pakistan has played a major role for India to project India as someone which is powerless and can be taken over easily where as the Indian media has continuously been busy showing all sort of power projections from pakistan and bashing India in terms of missiles to other things. that makes the relevent departments do some introspection because at the end of the day they need to report to government and government to people.
we loose a match and see the Indian media they will the rape the players on TV building so much pressure that loosing is not left with the option.

on the other hand media in pakistan has been busy in false power projection and inducing fake sense of security among the people. so there is no one actually to question the authorities because no one actually knows ..............
It's a good diatribe, but not true. The people who are supposed to be keeping a watchful eye on India are diligently doing it.

Man!! You are the kind of people who I am afraid of. All these yahoos, 'boast more do less' guys I don't care. Only people who think like you can affect India's interests and for that matter Pakistan's interests. BTW apt avatar. You keep thinking. We will watch out.

:cheers:
Ruby
Will take that as a compliment, but to ease some concerns of yours, I'm driven with a pro-Pakistani attitude and not an anti-Indian one. Sometimes its one and the same, but where its not, I discourage others to go out of their way to antagonize India.

If nothing else, being obsessed about someone's downfall is a weakness.

Dude a 1.3billion population country cannot be from undeveloped country to super power country in 10 years.
THATS IMPOSSIBLE.

Dude a 1.3billion population country cannot be from undeveloped country to super power country in 10 years.
THATS IMPOSSIBLE.

agreed although I'll point out that India is no longer considered an undeveloped nation. It is now classified as a Newly Industrialized-developing country.
So yes, it would take a very long time to become a truly developed country because of the massive population. Even if we were to surpass U.S. in nominal GDP, our per capita income will still be much lower since all that wealth gets divided (unequally) among a larger number of people.

agreed although I'll point out that India is no longer considered an undeveloped nation. It is now classified as a Newly Industrialized country.

yea but.. many eve if im correct most of the people are still poor.
Turkey has only 10.000people which lives calculated 1cent each day.

^^ i was editing my earlier comment, read n see if you agree :)
also this thread is specific on India's development and its issues. I do not see a point bringing in turkey. kindly leave that aside.

^^ i was editing my earlier comment, read n see if you agree :)
also this thread is specific on India's development and its issues. I do not see a point bringing in turkey. kindly leave that aside.

Alright i leave turkey. but just to compare but india can have bigger debt.
But thats still low for huge population like that.
if india had the same amount of money that they have now.
but with a populaiton of 100million people it would be much richer country.

Does India have any social benefit/Income Support system like European countries or Pakistan?

Alright i leave turkey. but just to compare but india can have bigger debt.
But thats still low for huge population like that.
if india had the same amount of money that they have now.
but with a populaiton of 100million people it would be much richer country.

we are in consensus.:agree:

Nopes they are busy thinking that india is going to broken into 50 independent countries on its own in the coming days. and at the end of day it is always good for us to have a ill informed enemy. media in pakistan has played a major role for India to project India as someone which is powerless and can be taken over easily where as the Indian media has continuously been busy showing all sort of power projections from pakistan and bashing India in terms of missiles to other things. that makes the relevent departments do some introspection because at the end of the day they need to report to government and government to people.
we loose a match and see the Indian media they will the rape the players on TV building so much pressure that loosing is not left with the option.

on the other hand media in pakistan has been busy in false power projection and inducing fake sense of security among the people. so there is no one actually to question the authorities because no one actually knows ..............

No that's not true. I don't know if you have access to Pakistani channels but media in Pakistan has always projected India as a big democracy, economic and military power. So we are not living in a false sense of security. We know the reality. There is no denying the fact that India has the capacity to become a regional power even if not superpower and this is a worrying point for us.:frown:

No that's not true. I don't know if you have access to Pakistani channels but media in Pakistan has always projected India as a big democracy, economic and military power. So we are not living in a false sense of security. We know the reality. There is no denying the fact that India has the capacity to become a regional power even if not superpower and this is a worrying point for us.:frown:

I'm hopeful that our (both Pak and India's) leadership can resolve the long pending issues, so instead of worrying we (Pak and India) can take advantage of the socio-cultural and economic opportunities. To peace :cheers:

there are 2 indias in the world.

one is the india of the media. prosperous, on the way up, powerful, filled with middle class english speaking IT professionals.

one is the india of reality. a harsh, unforgiving land of merciless landlords, crime, terrorism, 3rd world starvation and disease.

Knowledge Professionals

With India poised to be US$ 70 billion software market in 2009, providing direct employment to more than 2.2 million (and nearly twice the number by way of indirect employment), it is essential to strengthen professional education (through curricula, faculty, infrastructure, pedagogy improvements) in line with the IT industry’s requirements and further catalyze the interface between the academia and corporate/industry.

Two million slum children die every year as India booms | World news | The Observer

Every year, a number of children equal to the number of total IT professionals in india DIE. how many could have become the next generation of computer engineers? who knows. they never had the chance to even understand what a computer was.

WELL SAID!!!:tup::police::tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom