What's new

DRDO SUCCESSFULLY TEST-FIRES INDIGENOUSLY DEVELOPED SUPERSONIC INTERCEPTOR MISSILE

Well Congrats to Indians but i have a simple question a missile (nuclear ) is set detonate 30 KM above the surface before this interceptor destroys it.then i think indians radars and these interceptors will be useless an EM Wave will be produced and 70 % indian will be blackout for 20 minutes then these systems are useless.

There wont be any explosion if the missile is intercepted before reaching the designated target.

For a specific test result consider Operation Tightrope under Starfish program where a 10-20Kt N warhead was exploded over 21.03 Km altitude on 4th Nov 1962 but not published much due to lower altitudes.

The final test of Operation Fishbowl was detonated at 2130 (9:30 p.m. local Johnston Island time) on 3 November 1962 (the time and date was officially recorded as 0730 UTC, 4 November 1962). It was launched on a Nike-Hercules missile, and detonated at a lower altitude than the other Fishbowl tests. Although it was officially one of the Operation Fishbowl tests, it is sometimes not listed among high-altitude nuclear tests because of its lower detonation altitude. The nuclear yield was reported in most official documents only as being less than 20 kilotons. One report by the U.S. federal government reported the Tightrope test yield as 10 kilotons
Similar to Pakistanis nukes.

I can live with such ignorance, after all in whole world BMD programs are develop like these.

I am not sure how else to sugar quote this.
You are not an intelligent person at all, not even close to being remotely intelligent.

No other nuclear rival countries are next to each other !
That too bordering the most fertile, and most densely populated area in the world ( Punjab).

I am not sure how else to sugar quote this.
You are not an intelligent person at all, not even close to being remotely intelligent.

No other nuclear rival countries are next to each other !
That too bordering the most fertile, and most densely populated area in the world ( Punjab).
Please enlighten me the BMD programs of Russia & US.

I am damn sure you never read that those.

And check the effect on ground if a 20KT nuke burst at 50-80 KM.

LoL

There is no such thing. Think before you comment.
Intercept a nuclear warhead over Delhi.
Imagine what will happen ?
Well Congrats to Indians but i have a simple question a missile (nuclear ) is set detonate 30 KM above the surface before this interceptor destroys it.then i think indians radars and these interceptors will be useless an EM Wave will be produced and 70 % indian will be blackout for 20 minutes then these systems are useless.

You people should invest in some genuine education.

A nuclear bomb require a perfect sequence of detonations to go critical.It is a requirement, not a luxury. An interceptor destroying a /nuke over Delhi would result in................NOTHING!!

Second, regarding EMP: A nuke exploding at 30 Km altitude would not even be noticeable on ground. People ,even those who would be looking in its direction would discount it as a lightening flash. And a puny 15KT fission bomb that Pakistan has would not even cause outage in a colony,let alone 70% of India. A Nuclear EMP blast requires a fusion bomb of close to a Megaton yield.

LoL

There is no such thing. Think before you comment.
Intercept a nuclear warhead over Delhi.
Imagine what will happen ?

What do you think happens if you blow to smithereens a Nuclear warhead before it had the chance to start the chain reaction?

The circuitry/fuse needed to start the fission itself is delicate and is very unlikely to survive a direct impact with the interceptor. If it is intercepted at altitude of 100KM or above, then the unexploded debris itself will 'likely' continue to orbit for hours/days/weeks before falling some place else!

If it is intercepted at any lower altitudes, the sheer mass of the falling debris will most-likely kill a few dozens on the ground on impact, in addition to causing a minor radioactive spill out in a localized area! Remember, Pu or Uranium have very long half-lives and hence not very radio-active on their own (of course, relative to their cousins that have very short half-lives).

But the effect on the ground is nothing like a full-on fission at all!

Again, this is assuming that your missile manages to dodge all other long range shields that India might have deployed at that time and is intercepted by the last line of defense right over New Delhi.

Last edited:
Seems Pretty good. Still a long a way to go.
We have put in place a very robust system. From here onward there shall be new versions which shall be light in weight, more agile, will have better seekers and better algorithm. We can build it in line with LRSAM and make it best in the class.

We have put in place a very robust system. From here onward there shall be new versions which shall be light in weight, more agile, will have better seekers and better algorithm. We can build it in line with LRSAM and make it best in the class.

Seems good. Let us wait how much improvement can achieved Indigenous in this field. Good for self protection

Seems good. Let us wait how much improvement can achieved Indigenous in this field. Good for self protection

This test was a new version of AAD with composite motor, more agility better guidence. Look at barak 8. Once we touched it, it got totally transformed. We have put in place a very high power dual pulse motor which made the missile highly potent which can even intercept Brahmos. Now we have increased the range by 20 to 30 KM by replacing the fuel. New missile shall be tested very shortly from INS kolkatta. We are lagging behind in seeker area and a bit in RADAR. Once we strengthen these 2 area, we can build fully indigenous potent system. I believe that AAD will touch mach 6 from present Mach 4.5 once we slash the weight and improve the motor further. It shall be definitely better than its counterpart of S400 (150 km Range missile).

Friends first i congragulated india after that i asked a question only and share my knowledge with u

Its not about congratulations or anything it about technical feasibility, and if you want share some knowledge read books on science (Physics) and tech (preferably those printed out side Pakistan)

I would ask you to read about "Soviet Project K nuclear tests" and "Operation Fishbowl". If you can comprehend how EMP works in case Nuclear explosions.

You can't be sure about that;
All nuclear devices are triggered, the priming charge can be set to explode on impact ramming the two fissile parts together, or it may be set to explode at a certain height.
In anyway, on being intercepted there is not guarantee that the trigger may or may not go off.

Considering the population density of the subcontinent; that is too much of a risk
So I suppose there will be a conversation like this on the battle field when Pakistan launches there nukes:-
"Saabji Wo Pakistan walon ne missile choda hai.... Woooo dilli ke upaar gire ga...!! Woooo missile noooklear ho saakta hai..".
"Achha to phir use nahi intercept karte.....
Sinnerman108 Bhai ne bola tha ki unke bumm ko kuch bhi kiya to, unka phaaat jayega.. Use Girne do. Exo atmosphere me intercept kiya to hypersonic re entry speeds me almost sab kuch oxidise ho jayega. But jo cheethde bachenge unse kuch log marenge.. Isse achha hai Girne do use, 50 lakh log hi to marenge...
Sinnerman108 Bhai ke liye few hundred >> tens of lakh..!".
"Ok Saabji mai HQ ko phone kar deta hoon ki seeeeeneerman eekshoo aath ne bola ki mat udao missile ko...!! "

For others still scratching there head what if the interceptors triggered the nuke then pls refer the below post. He hits the nail on the head. I think @Sinnerman108 forgot how these stuff works. FYI, nukes are not triggered by percussion caps. At least in the civilised world.
You people should invest in some genuine education.

A nuclear bomb require a perfect sequence of detonations to go critical.It is a requirement, not a luxury. An interceptor destroying a /nuke over Delhi would result in................NOTHING!!

Second, regarding EMP: A nuke exploding at 30 Km altitude would not even be noticeable on ground. People ,even those who would be looking in its direction would discount it as a lightening flash. And a puny 15KT fission bomb that Pakistan has would not even cause outage in a colony,let alone 70% of India. A Nuclear EMP blast requires a fusion bomb of close to a Megaton yield.

One more step towards a safer India, I doubt ISI will dare plan another Mumbai like attack after S-400 is acquired. Atleast not when "Moodi terrorist" is in power.
Thanks to Israel and US for the newer missile tech utilised in Pdv and the newer aad. Increased range and better seeker...very good news indeed.

So I suppose there will be a conversation like this on the battle field when Pakistan launches there nukes:-
"Saabji Wo Pakistan walon ne missile choda hai.... Woooo dilli ke upaar gire ga...!! Woooo missile noooklear ho saakta hai..".
"Achha to phir use nahi intercept karte.....
Sinnerman108 Bhai ne bola tha ki unke bumm ko kuch bhi kiya to, unka phaaat jayega.. Use Girne do. Exo atmosphere me intercept kiya to hypersonic re entry speeds me almost sab kuch oxidise ho jayega. But jo cheethde bachenge unse kuch log marenge.. Isse achha hai Girne do use, 50 lakh log hi to marenge...
Sinnerman108 Bhai ke liye few hundred >> tens of lakh..!".
"Ok Saabji mai HQ ko phone kar deta hoon ki seeeeeneerman eekshoo aath ne bola ki mat udao missile ko...!! "

For others still scratching there head what if the interceptors triggered the nuke then pls refer the below post. He hits the nail on the head. I think @Sinnerman108 forgot how these stuff works. FYI, nukes are not triggered by percussion caps. At least in the civilised world.
Well said, people assume that nuclear bombs are like unstable explosives which will explode on "impact"...lol

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom