What's new

DRDO forced to ditch LCA Navy Mk2 for a cleansheet twin-engine fighter

Navy had already refused Tejas, an LCA doesn't have a place on AC. DRDO went ahead with the program to validate the things it had developed which can now be incorporated in the naval variant of AMCA.

Actually it is AMCA program, AMCA program will develop fighter for both Air Force and Navy. So there will be no Tejas for Navy. If they develop different design from AMCA, it doesnt make any sense and indeed a dumb decision, unless you have aircraft carrier as many as US.

Yes, thats what I feel. it will be the early less stealthy version of AMCA.

IMO, it isn't a bad fighter for aircraft carriers because its an LCA compared to F-18, Mig-29K, Su-33, etc. If I had an navy with an aircraft carrier that needed aircraft on it I would choose the Tejas.
Navy usually did not like single engine fighters with limited range. The reason why Navy was reluctant despite government push was Tejas was single engine and have less range in comparison to the MiG 29Ks.

So no more delta wing madness and i see LERX... good to see they see value in design elements of jF-17.

There wont be any LERX, it will be canards. and JF 17 is no naval fighter, the overall purpose of naval design is different when it comes to fighting at seal level and at sea.

There wont be any LERX, it will be canards. and JF 17 is no naval fighter, the overall purpose of naval design is different when it comes to fighting at seal level and at sea.

Why bringing JF-17 into an Indian naval fighter issue?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom