What's new

#DoubleDhamaka After INS Kochi DDG Indian Navy to Induct INS Kadmatt Stealth ASW Corvette in October

Jabardast News .... Thanks for posting..... Kamorta class is an amazing ship....IN rocks..

The trick is how to take the best practices from the Navy and propagate to rest of the Indian Military. Hopefully this government will be able to set up a defence procurement and development agency.

Most pleasing part of this ASW Corvette, INS Kamorta, the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) is famous for Marxist run labor unions but still its rolling out warships in time that too with modern state of art technology adapted by GRSE

Most pleasing part of this ASW Corvette, INS Kamorta, the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) is famous for Marxist run labor unions but still its rolling out warships in time that too with modern state of art technology adapted by GRSE
well... I won't get into that, as there are some trolls here who love to bring bengali communism into every thing.
But Kamorta and Kolkatta both faced delays, but both the followup ships have come along pretty well. I am very happy on the developments.

well... I won't get into that, as there are some trolls here who love to bring bengali communism into every thing.
But Kamorta and Kolkatta both faced delays, but both the followup ships have come along pretty well. I am very happy on the developments.

well this also shows that management and technical work force is reliable and has absorbed latest technology well to deliver such high tech ships and the allegations of them being pro marxist is not 100% true

well this also shows that management and technical work force is reliable and has absorbed latest technology well to deliver such high tech ships and the allegations of them being pro marxist is not 100% true
political affialiations do not mean anything with production, it's the work culture that matters, both Capitalist and communists churned out the largest, fastest and the most devastating weapon systems that world has seen. It's the work culture that matters the most.

political affialiations do not mean anything with production, it's the work culture that matters, both Capitalist and communists churned out the largest, fastest and the most devastating weapon systems that world has seen. It's the work culture that matters the most.

i cant agree more if we talk about soviet union that time many weapon system were made forcing NATO to work out counter for that and Russia still continue to do it

Naval assets are not Pakistan specific and many of them won't be deployed for this purpose.

Our naval assets despite improvement are barely a sufficient deterrent for China and I expect majority of them to be deployed on that front to deter Chinese Response in case of Indo-Pak conflict.

Anyway if we are talking about Navy in Indo - Pak theater then things have already gone Kaboom!!

@Rau @Cry.me.a.River

Do a small mercy on us; just don't join Military, Civil Service, or Politics.

Missile Destroyer INS Kochi to be Commissioned on September 30
JemIoR6.jpg

NEW DELHI: India's latest stealth destroyer, INS Kochi, will be commissioned into Navy later this month by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.

Built by Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL), the new ship is part of the Kolkata-class (Project 15A) guided missile destroyers. The first ship of the class, INS Kolkata, was commissioned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi last year.

Parrikar is scheduled to commission the ship on September 30. Another ship, INS Chennai, is currently under production. These are the largest indigenously-built destroyer warships. The government had approved the construction of three Kolkata-class destroyers in May 2000.

Conceptualised by Indian Navy, Kolkata-class is a follow-on model of the Delhi-class and is fitted with modern weapons and sensor systems. The propulsion system of Delhi-class was also retained with minor upgrades. Most of the systems integrated in the ships are designed and built in India.

The destroyers are equipped with action information system and atmospheric control system. The modern stealth destroyers will demonstrate superior anti-surface warfare capabilities and anti-submarine capabilities.

The Navy had in February this year successfully test-fired the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from INS Kolkata during Tropex exercise conducted in the Arabian Sea.

The 290-km range conventional missile hit its target with pinpoint accuracy during this first-ever vertical launch.

INS Kolkata is also scheduled to fire a long-range surface-to-air missile (LR-SAM) later this year. Called Barak 8, the missile is being jointly developed by India and Israel.

Source:- Missile Destroyer INS Kochi to be Commissioned on September 30 -The New Indian Express

Are Pakistan should make something these Indians are popping destroyer and frigates like sausages, what is Pakistan doing, I hope inshallah Pakistan government pull up it corrupt socks and do something productive, why the government not taking lessons of make in Pakistan, we have capabilities and infrastructure, I think the threat from India is real,
what about the submarine project with china, any progress
please do reply Pakistan brothers

And they will keep coming the next year too
Kolkatta Class Destoyer: INS Chennai - 3Q 2016
Kamorta Class ASW Corvette: INS Kiltan - 3Q 2016
Kalavari Class DE Submarine - INS Kalavari - 3 Q 2016
But we are not inducting any FFG last was in 2013 and next will be only on 2021 a gap of eight years which is completely BS.........................IN should go for near finished 3 talwar class in meantime from russia

But we are not inducting any FFG last was in 2013 and next will be only on 2021 a gap of eight years which is completely BS.........................IN should go for near finished 3 talwar class in meantime from russia
3 more Modified Talwar class are in negotiations, expect them to be signed with Putin meeting. contention seems to be Butokov, Istomin and Kornilov on offer compared to new hulls being laid for IN, Yantar Shipyard wan'ts to build new ships, FSB would like IN to take over it's 11356M units, so there is some negotiations going on there.
I like the double hulled Krivak Platform, these are very well made ships.

3 more Modified Talwar class are in negotiations, expect them to be signed with Putin meeting. contention seems to be Butokov, Istomin and Kornilov on offer compared to new hulls being laid for IN, Yantar Shipyard wan'ts to build new ships, FSB would like IN to take over it's 11356M units, so there is some negotiations going on there.
I like the double hulled Krivak Platform, these are very well made ships.
these modified talwar class or Admiral Grigorovich-class will be having VLS shtil-1 ....which is plus point

BTW which new ships are you talking about

Last edited:
man indian navy is modernising with indian built ships SO RAPIDLY

INDIA ON THE RISE IN A HUGE SCALE

And they will keep coming the next year too
Kolkatta Class Destoyer: INS Chennai - 3Q 2016
Kamorta Class ASW Corvette: INS Kiltan - 3Q 2016
Kalavari Class DE Submarine - INS Kalavari - 3 Q 2016

The Showstopper is in Q4 2017 though......INS Vikrant

Back
Top Bottom