What's new

#DoubleDhamaka After INS Kochi DDG Indian Navy to Induct INS Kadmatt Stealth ASW Corvette in October

submarines I think
if picture of smiling Hafiz saeed doesn't do the trick
Then PN cant be more wrong, you cant fight war by totally dependent on only one arm of navy. Atleat PN should have decent surface fleet to defend the sea lane(maritime aircraft or two/ three destroyer).

IndianNavy is the real winner in this indigenous programs.

@Irfan Baloch @waz @Spring Onion @arraz @arslan and other what would be the Pak response to counter its induction

Nothing.

These are submarine hunters. They could not be countered by anything Pakistan has, could have, or would have as Pakistan would need to build a proper Navy with destroyers, frigates, and Air arm to counter them.

submarines I think
if picture of smiling Hafiz saeed doesn't do the trick

You don't counter Submarine hunter by Submarines. It is other way around.

In short Indian navy is all set to induct 4-5 big warships every year. Kolkata class, follow on Kolkata, Kamorta, Scorpenes and Arihant class will make it one of the best Navies in the world and best in the region.

Indian navy is very clear and well mannered in what it wants for future needs, from where its wants and its planned acquisitions is going ahead smoothly because IN placed faith in our public sector shipyards. its commendable effort with precious foreign exchange saved because of indigenous made ships and that too with state of art technology

whereas IAF's fondness for foreign mall has reduced HAL to be license made factory since decades and LCA is the latest case where IAF rapidly changed its requirements and the induction of basic MK 1 is getting delayed

Naval assets are not Pakistan specific and many of them won't be deployed for this purpose.

Our naval assets despite improvement are barely a sufficient deterrent for China and I expect majority of them to be deployed on that front to deter Chinese Response in case of Indo-Pak conflict.

Anyway if we are talking about Navy in Indo - Pak theater then things have already gone Kaboom!!

@Rau @Cry.me.a.River

Man if that is a sarcasm than he will have to work very hard on that front.
In my whole life and in my profession I have never heard a country dependent on submarine and that too to take on ASW platforms.
Read Sr.Nair reply. You will get this.Everybody know about him . enjoy PDF:-) .

Man if that is a sarcasm than he will have to work very hard on that front.
In my whole life and in my profession I have never heard a country dependent on submarine and that too to take on ASW platforms.

Please understand that was not what he was taking about. He was talking about keeping ASW assets busy hunting some one or two Pakistani submarines, basically overwhelming our ASW assets with Submarines.

Not the best strategy but in face of limited resources and surface fleet possibly the only one applicable. Subs for a country like Pakistan provide best bang for the buck.

Naval assets are not Pakistan specific and many of them won't be deployed for this purpose.

Our naval assets despite improvement are barely a sufficient deterrent for China and I expect majority of them to be deployed on that front to deter Chinese Response in case of Indo-Pak conflict.

Anyway if we are talking about Navy in Indo - Pak theater then things have already gone Kaboom!!

@Rau @Cry.me.a.River
An enemy should be struck at his weak point. Chanakya
I dont think , I am sure in next war Indian navy role will be highest. If we want to finish this war ASAP, then we just have to give stalemate on Land, bloody punch in Air and final cut on Sea.

Pray tell me how do you want to finish a war against a nuclear capable adversary having sufficient nukes to blow India to kingdom come never mind if it will be blown up with us?

Kindly think a bit before you post. @Rau

Pray tell me how do you want to finish a war against a nuclear adversary having sufficient nukes to blow India to kingdom come never mind if it will be blown up with us?

Kindly think a bit before you post. @Rau
In that case, we are wasting our money on building ship. Its a defense forum, what do you expect me to post.i am not saying India should fought war, but if war started you have any alternative other than fight .

Back
Top Bottom